On The Way

Extraordinary

Chorong was busy doing her homework in Calculus when she suddenly found herself in a dark state, vision blinded by a warm pair of hands. She's in the library and she's quite doubting who owns the hand covering her sight. However, she has already made her suspicion. "Baek, let me do my homework. I swear, I'll teach you later!" she said with a small laugh escaping from . She, Soojung and Baekhyun were quite becoming a trio that's why she suspected him and he likes doing that to her and Soojung.

But the one owning the hands did not move, making Chorong wonder a bit more. "You're not Baek? Soojung, is that you?" she tried removing the hindering hands but she did not succeed. Finally, after a little force, her sight was brightened up again. And she found herself staring at Luhan on her left side. The small curve on her lips straightened. "What are you doing here?"

The guy gave her a judging look and acted like he's hurt. However, it was obvious that he's just joking anyway. Chorong forgot that Luhan likes surprising as well. She's kind of getting used to his presence which she found annoying at first. But the question is, will she ever have a choice? Whether she likes it or not, that Xi Luhan beside her will never stop bothering her. So whether she likes it or not, she has to be used to his presence. She's doing her best to prove that he's wrong anyway. She wants to prove that their deal will be done without her falling for him.

She's actually still angry at him. She had her first kiss stolen by him. She wanted to throw everything that she sees everytime her eyes lay on him. Boys do not understand what it means to girls to have their first kiss be taken by the guys they love. No matter what happens, arguing with Luhan will never be a good idea. She found him annoying and immature. She knew by then that conversations with him will never end if she'll not take the pride to end it.

"I just want to see you that's why I dropped by," he stared at her while saying those words. She was actually not looking at him when he started saying those but when her eyes met his beautiful ones, she wasn't able to back away that fast. His eyes were sparkling and she always loved looking at sparkling things.

"I have no time for your countless corny jokes, Luhan," she said as she successfully focused back to her homework, holding her pen again and made a small friction with the yellow paper. The guy just sighed, face becoming a but serious, disappointment evident on his face. Everything he says is a joke for her and he doesn't know anymore what to do with her. He doesn't know how to show he's serious because she doesn't believe him, anyway.

It's almost two months, specifically, one month and three weeks, since they have made their deal. And in that two months, he tried. He made the deal because he wanted to have a reason to keep on seeing her. He wanted to have a connection with her. Maybe, maybe he likes her. He's not yet sure, but he likes seeing her. He stared at her once again and saw how serious she has always been in studying. She really wants to win. She really wants to not see me, that's what crossed his mind.

Right then, Luhan lifted his gaze and met the eyes of Im Yoona, one of his ex-girlfriends. The girl wanted to get back together with him but he keeps on rejecting her. She was one of his exes while in his secondary years and she was the girl whom he was the most serious with. She's still pretty. Her angelic face did not change. But he doesn't love her anymore. Chorong lifted her gaze because Luhan was being quiet and saw how the eyes of the two met. Somehow, she was quite intrigued why they were looking at each other like that. Yoona, as soon as she saw Chorong looking at them, broke away and went out of the library with her two friends. Luhan looked down for a while. Chorong was a bit uncomfortable but she chose to make a good atmosphere. "So, why are you being quiet?"

"H-huh? I'm quiet?" he asked, pointing himself, being in the state of denial. Chorong nodded her head. "Yeah, very unusual of you. You usually disturb me in this place."

He chuckled as a response. "So, you must be getting used of me, right?"

"Unfortunately, yes. Don't worry, I'll win this deal. Almost two months to go, Luhan," she said confidently.

"Yeah, two months to go before you beg for me to not leave you," he replied. In a matter of five seconds, he received a hit from her in the arm adjacent to hers. He's making her do evil things, really. "Hey, slow down. I thought you are a demure girl?"

Chorong suddenly sighed. "Yeah, I should be, right? But you're making me not one!"

He rolled his eyes upon seeing her turned into a bit serious one. He was waiting for her to say anything more. "It's my dream, Luhan. It is," she said, unconsciously revealing herself to him. "But if He doesn't want me to do it, then I'll gladly accept it. But for not, I'm serious, I want to go there. I want to serve Him," she said, looking down the floor as she rested her back on the chair comfortably. He didn't know what to say. Am I really being a hindrance to your dream, Chorong?

"C-can't you really see yourself with a husband and children, Chorong?" he asked, hoping for a positive answer. But she did not say anything. She just shrugged her shoulders before holding her pen again, ready to continue her homework. "I don't know. I really don't know. But I believe that I can feel it when I'm ready, anyway," she said. She was actually surprised why she's saying those things to him. Maybe, at the back of her mind, she's starting to be comfortable to him. Unconsciously, she's starting to. But she has to stop herself.

"I, I have to go," Chorong picked up her things and put it in her bag. She hurriedly did it before she let herself close to him. She's afraid, she's afraid that he'll win. She's afraid that at the end of the day, he's right. That she'll not want him to leave even if she wins. She stood up, left and did not look back. She walked fast, not wanting Luhan to run after her again. He always does that to her.

But at that moment, no guy tried to chase her and grab her wrist and her heart quite ached for that. Maybe, maybe, the girl whom he had the eye contact with affected him so much that he's not running after me anymore. she silently told herself. She can't understand why she's acting that way.

But you want him to leave, right? she tried to convince herself once more.

---------------------

Soojung was having a good talk with Taeyeon and Baekhyun when an arm wrapped around her petite waist. She was flabbergasted but after knowing who it was, she suddenly calmed down and turned to look to the person who just suddenly entered the scene. "Hi, Soojung," Myungsoo greeted her, his head facing hers, with his famous dimples appearing in front of her. His whole self made her heart beat faster and she hated it.

She smiled and answered him with a simple 'hi' while looking into his beautiful eyes. She almost forgot that there's Taeyeon and Baekhyun in front of them. "Ehem," Baekhyun faked a cough that made his girlfriend laugh and hit him in the arm. That made Soojung went back to her senses and looked at the couple's faces in front of them. She suddenly had a regret upon being calm. Myungsoo turned to greet the two, not letting her go, "hi Baek and Taeng," he greeted them happily. Upon being with Soojung for some time in school, he has gotten close to the two. The two smiled at him, expressing how glad they were upon seeing him.

"Well, I guess we need to go," Baekhyun initiated and Taeyeon actually got what he was saying. "Ah, y-yeah," Taeyeon said as he nudged Baekhyun to leave now. He nodded his head. "So, bye!" the two said as they waved their hands to the two before turning back. Soojung sighed, they left her with him. Of course, they know what she feels for him and she kind of regret being too obvious. Myungsoo truned to her again, his left hand still on her waist, not even bothering to remove it. Soojung tried to remove it. "Myung, this is a public place," she firmly said. He hated the way he's being too sweet. They're not even a couple.

"Let's go the near playground," he invited. Soojung was quite nervous being alone with him. "W-why? Is there anything we need to talk about or what?" she asked, stuttering. She was suspecting because usually, he'll invite her for coffee or stroll to the mall. Myungsoo has told her before that he likes having serious conversations while in the swing. Myungsoo nodded his head and dragged her hand. She just let him do that because she's used to it, anyway. It's confusing her but she likes the feeling. Totally using heart over mind.

As they reached the playground, Soojung ran to the leftmost swing out of the five and brought down her bag, obviously excited to sit there. She sat there and shouted at him, "hey! Push me!" she told him to atleast decrease her nervousness. She feels like he wants to say something important. Myungsoo chuckled, seeing her act like a childish cute girl from preschool. He stood before her and pushed the swing, making Soojung still a bit shock but happy. He brought down his bag too, sat beside her and made the sing move. Maybe not in sync with hers, but still, they were both in the air. They stayed like that for almost ten minutes, enjoying their childish selves while watching the students in PE uniforms near them play. Well, the swing is in the field.

She stopped laughing as she then remembered why they're here. Myungsoo noticed her that's why did not continue playing in the swing too.

"Myung, why are we here?" she asked him gladly, eventhough half of her doesn't want to. She thought that maybe, he'll talk about his fiancee again. She's tired of hearing stories about his fiancee. For months that they're together, she keeps on hearing things about the girl and she just can't move further. It's tormenting her, totally. The guy took a deep breathe first before saying those words that she doesn't want to hear, "About my fiancee..."

That's it.

"Fiancee again?" Soojung shouted, exploding, tears almost going down her face. "You know what, Myungsoo, you keep on talking about her and I'm so tired of it!"

She wanted to slap herself but it was now or never for her. She can't let herself stay like this forever. She wanted to tell him for so long to stop telling her about that lucky girl but she couldn't. She feels so jealous. Myungsoo was shocked too because of her action. "Soojung..."

She stood up to get her bag lying on the side, leaving his bag alone there, "I need to go," she said. He stood up and held her arm. He never wanted this to happen. "No, Soojung, let me-"

"Explain? Explain what? Huh? You don't need to explain to me. I'm just your bestfriend who is required to listen to your unending stories about your fiancee," she said, looking away before tears totally streamed down her face. "Why are you crying Soo--" he wanted to wipe away her tears but she did not let him. "Go away! Don't touch me!" she told him, pushing him away from her.

"You know what, you keep on giving me mixed clues. Sometimes I do not know where should I believe in. You..." she swallowed, not daring to look at him. "You don't have to care. Insensitive," she said, pointing him in his chest, "heartless man," she continued as she pointed him once more.

"Huh, it's my fault, anyway, I made you my bestfriend. Bestfriend-zoned, I guess?" she smiled bitterly, trying to stop her voice from cracking and her tears from falling. He didn't know how to react. By her words, obviously, she's feeling the same way too. He wanted to admit there by then the truth but before he could even do, she had already ran away, not even letting him speak. She didn't want to hear what he wanted to say next, anyway. Myungsoo tried to run after her but he lost track when she made her way to where there were many people. The playground is just in the field, where a soccer class has just ended. She ran to where he'll find it hard to follow her. Through, the sea of people, he lost sight of her. He went back to the swing and brought down his bag that he hurriedly brought as he ran after her.

Myungsoo felt quite sad and guilty. He's been fooling Soojung for some time already and he never liked being in this state with her. He realized that it was a wrong choice to tell stories about the girl to her. Did I hurt you that way, Soojung?

He just then decided to leave. But before he went home, he tried to drop by at the Jung residence first but she didn't want to talk to him. She felt that she has no face to show him anyway after admitting him that she feels bestfriend-zoned. He tried to please Sooyeon who luckily was there but even she, she couldn't force Soojung. They were only able to hear "Leave me alone!" for almost a hundred times.

"Sorry, Myung," she said as she went downstairs with him. Sooyeon could actually try opening the door with her keys but she didn't dare. It would worsen everything. Myungsoo let out a deep breath before answering her, "I'm sorry, noona. I never wanted things to be like this," he said. "Maybe she got tired of me."

"Why would she?" she intrigued. She wanted to know what happened. Myungsoo was afraid to tell why, scared that she'll get angry. He was looking down. Sooyeon studied his expression and found out what he was feeling, "don't be afraid to your sister-in-law," she assured and that made him look up and smiled nervously. "Come on, let's sit," she invited him, making him sit beside her on the sofa.

"Noona, I thought it's all turning out right. I was just trying to see her reaction. I keep on telling her stories about my fiancee and then when I started telling one to her again, she exploded, telling me that I'm insensitive and heartless. Overboard! I am quite guilty of my actions, to be honest. Was I too much?" Sooyeon chuckled upon hearing his side and the younger guy creased his eyebrows, "noona, you're not..."

"Ani," Sooyeon said. "I'm not angry. Now I know... No, I mean... Now you know how Jung Soojung gets jealous!" she said. Myungsoo wanted to be happy upon realizing it, she's jealous. But she's angry at him, still and that's not making him calm at any level.

"But she's angry at me, what should I do?"

"It's up to you, Myungsoo. You're the guy. Ask your brother. Or Seohyunnie. It's your choice, haha," she said, laughing hard. Myungsoo gave her a straight face, telling her that he's getting quite anxious. She stopped laughing for about five seconds but then resumed, this time, even harder. "Noona, it's not helping!" he yelled at her, but she did not stop. He felt bullied. He surely getting a torture from Soojung's sister.

But before he left, he got a clue from Sooyeon, helping him a lot.

"There's a family dinner between our family and yours tomorrow night, Myungsoo. I believe that would help. Soojung has no clue about your marriage. I guess she wouldn't have not until tomorrow if you're getting what I mean. You have your clue now so bye. Sorry for... Laughing at the two of you," Sooyeon said before closing the gate.

Then he faced the closed entrance material. He sighed. He sighed upon hearing his noona's laugh again despite the barrier between them. He's not really getting it why she's laughing hard to what happened to him and Soojung today.

----------------

Luhan was busy staring at the white blank ceiling as if it can tell him his late night thoughts when he felt a vibration on the king-sized bed that he's resting on. Curious about who contacted him, he reached for his phone and saw a text from an unknown number:

Please meet me tomorrow at the cafe near the Kim's company.

"Who could this be?" Luhan thought. He replied:

Who are you?

He brought down his phone and waited for an answer. Before ten minutes passed, it vibrated again.

It's Seohyun-noona. So, please meet me?

He was really kind of surprised. What would be Seohyun-noona's purpose? he wondered. However, he's too sleepy to reply. He wanted to ask his hyung too but he's out of the country. He just decided to reply tomorrow as he wakes up. He let his eyes drop down and take him to the Dreamland, where it's possible for him and her to be happy together.

-----------------

Updated! :D Thank you for supporting! :D Not very edited.