Confirmation

Extraordinary

"Two kilos of strawberries and three kilos of apples," Baekhyun said as he placed the two big plactic bags on the table. Soojung, who was busy watching television, suddenly stood up, eyes sparkiling from what she has seen ahead of her. She was like a snake who has found its prey. Chorong just watched the scenario, waiting for what the only male in the scenario will say.

"Thank you, thank you!" Soojung said as she inspected the two plastic bags and began munching one strawberry. "This is so delicious, I swear," Soojung proudly said. One more look and her eyes looked strange. Her eyes who's looking on Baekhyun's changed and eyed at him like there's something on him.

"Woah, woah! What are you doing to him?" Chorong said as she tried to stop the fruit monster from pinching Baekhyun's cheeks like there's no tomorrow. Oh well, Chorong has always been strong, enough to pull Baekhyun away from Soojung.

"That hurts, tsk," Baekhyun said jokingly, acting like he's angry when he's really not. Soojung pouted in frustration and went to the plastic bag again to get two more strawberries. "Woah, you're eating two at one shot?" Chorong asked, wide-eyed. The girl being asked just nodded... Proudly.

The male, while rubbing his cheeks which was attacked for almost a minute, entered the conversation again. "You know what, you're... Acting strange," he said.

"What do you mean?" Soojung asked. Baekhyun only scratched his head, not knowing where to start. "I think you're not normal nowadays."

Soojung stopped getting another strawberry as she contemplated on his words, "yeah. I think... I'm sick."

Baekhyun stared at her in confusion, looked down but asked directly, "are you pregnant?"

The two girls' eyes widened in shock. Chorong, who was just standing by the table rushed to Baekhyun on the sofa and covered his mouth, "what are you saying?"

"Why? I'm just asking her!" Baekhyun fought back and looked at Soojung again who suddenly became serious. She was pursing her lips, like she's considering what he has just asked. Chorong went out of Baekhyun's side and stood near Soojung, "Kry-krys... Don't tell me you're considering... No... Don't..."

Out of nowhere, a hand holding a white object appeared in front of the girls' sight. "Pregnancy test, Soojung, try that," Baekhyun bravely showed them the object. Before they have arrived, Chorong and Baekhyun bought that together, just in case. Soojung couldn't speak a word. She was processing everything. Her eyes looked afraid. "Hey... Baekhyun, no..." Soojung tried to put the idea into trash but Baekhyun did not let her.

"Soojung, there's nothing to be afraid of. We won't leave even if that object shows two lines," he said. With hands shaking, Chorong took the object from Baekhyun's hand and lead Soojung to the bathroom. She hugged Soojung tightly and whispered, "we have to do this, Soojung. Please."

--------------------

After five minutes, the two girls went out of the bathroom. Baekhyun, who was busy munching one apple they bought, raised his eyebrows and directly asked, "so, positive or negative?"

Soojung looked down and almost lost balance. Good thing Chorong caught her. "Soojung, don't act like that!"

"W-hy? W-hhhh-why? Why I didn't notice that I should be having my period now? What will I do? Daddy and Mommy will be angry at me because this is early pregnancy. Myungsoo will leave me because I'll ruin his career. They will kill me because I'm carrying a child. This may be a disgrace to our famliy, what---"

"Shhhhhhhh," Chorong hugged her tight and after she let her go, the former cupped her cheek, "don't worry, okay, we'll fix this. You'll be okay."

Baekhyun turned off the television. The show on the screen was not giving him interest anymore. He just stared at the two girls. It's been just a short time since he met the two girls but they have already taken a big part of him. He swallowed before saying a word. "I'll talk to Myungsoo if you don't want to tell him, Soojung."

"N-no! No! He'll leave me. Let's just go and kill this..."

"NO! YOU'LL NEVER DO THAT, SOOJUNG!" Chorong shouted at her. Chorong do not shout at anyone that fast. It's just that the idea doesn't fit into her standards.

"What will I do? I'm scared..."

"Just let the days pass. We'll get through this," Baekhyun said, shutting Soojung up.

----------------------

It was already 10:00 in the evening when Baekhyun and Chorong decided to go home. The girl just walked slowly through the door, many thoughts running through her mind. Soon enough, a familiar voice rang through her ear drums. Seohyun-unnie has already went home? she asked herself. She has decided to not show herself up since her unnie seemed to be having an important conversation. Her face was serious. Eavesdropping was never Chorong's thing, but she seemed to have an interest in doing it now.

"Huh? How about what we talked about? When?" Seohyun asked worriedly while walking back and fourth on the sala. "Whe-when? And when are you planning to tell this to her?" Her? Chorong asked herself. She's really intrigued but she should wait until her sister tells her about it. Seohyun is not the kind to keep things from her. "You should tell her. I know that it's out of what we have talked about. but you should tell her."

"Okay then, I'll hang up now," Seohyun then said as she turned off the phone. Upon hearing it, Chorong breathed deeply and counted one to five before showing up, which made Seohyun surprised. "Rong? H-how long have you been there?"

Chorong showed her a small smile before shrugging her shoulders, "I-I just arrived. I was just looking at the stars outside but I've been here f-for... Like Ren minutes," she defended. Seohyun tried to act normally. "O-okay then, have you eaten dinner?" her sister asked and Chorong immediately shook her head. "No, unnie," she said saidly as she ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

Suddely, everything went back to her mind. Her eyes began to water. "I don't understand, unnie. i don't understand everything."

Seohyun closed her eyes and felt the warmth of her sister's sadness. She hugged back, seemed to be aware of what she's feeling, "unnie, what should I do?" she asked, her eyes watering as she remembered everything that's happening in her life. Soojung's pregnant, Luhan's confusing acts, her undecided heart. What will she do?

Seohyun broke from her hug upon realizing that what she's going through right now is not easy. "Are you okay? Wait there, okay? I'll get you a glass of water," she said she landed her phone on the table and went to the kitchen. What was then audible from the place was her cries. However, the silence was disturbed when a ringtone alarmed her senses. Seohyun's phone was ringing. She was curious who was the caller so she picked it up and saw that the one calling her was the one who was one of the causes of her heartache. Chorong held the phone and stared at it, just at the right time when her sister arrived.

"Luhan's calling..." Chorong said, with mixed emotions. Seohyun's hands shook while holding the glass carefully so she just placed in in the nearest table. Chorong's eyes then became indescribable. Her crying eyes seemed to have a bit of... Anger. "Why is he calling you, unnie? Are you doing something behind my back?"

"N-no! Chorong. It's not like that," Seohyun walked towards her and tried to hold her hand but Chorong was shoving her away. "D you have an affair with h-him?"

"What? No! it's not like what you're thinking! No, it's not like that!" Seohyun defended as she swallowed a big lump from the throat. "Listen to me pl---"

"Then what? So many bull s are happening into my life and you're adding another one? And huh, what? Guess what, I thought we're best friends, we're sisters, but you're doing something behind my back!?"

"Chorong, you're making this a big deal. You should be thankful to me!"

"For what? Huh? Don't tell me you only forced Luhan to be closer to me so you can stop me from being what I want to be? Huh? Are you trying to manipulate my life, huh? Unnie!?" she said, anger in voice very evident, as she shouted at Seohyun. It was out of her intention but everything's tearing apart. Everything's falling apart and she doesn't know what to face first.

Seohyun wasn't able to say anything, "Chorong....I..."

"So, I'm right? Huh," she said as she wiped a tear from her face using her left hand, "guess what? You ruined my plans in life. I thought he's serious with me but it turned out that you just forced. I was starting to feel I'm ready but I guess I should be thankful to this relevation..."

"He is! He is! He's serious with you... Can you just please..."

"No, I won't listen to you," Chorong said with a fire from her eyes as she walked out of the scene and rushed to her room. For the first time in her life, she went out of the box. She never knew too much pain and anger could do this. Whether what she did was right or wrong, she wants to forget them all. She wants to be alone... And just study, so that she would win and get him out of her life.

She laid down on her bed and checked her phone, two missed called from Luhan already, "and you dared to call?" she said as she deleted his number. But it's useless, "I've already memorized your number, I'm so dumb," she said in front of her phone as if he can hear her in her dark room. Chorong covered her eyes as she heard knocks on her door, her sister pleading her to talk to her. What she just wanted to do was to cry all night long.

Did her even like her? Or did everything just happen because her sister instructed him to be closer to her? For what? Many queestions are in her mind right now. She's not sure whether she wants to hear all the answers but she's sure of one thing... She has already fallen and it hurts so much to know that she was manipulated.

----------

"Baekhyun told me you're not feeling well," Myungsoo said as he took a seat beside Soojung who was so spaced out on the black sofa. Baekhyun told him that Soojung needs him so after his modelling sideline, he immediately rushed to Soojung's house. He shot her a worried look and Soojung stayed the same and did not even move a facial muscle. "H-hey, what's happening?" he asked before Soojung closed her eyes. He never removed his eyes off of her and he was observing her every action. Soojung covered her upper face with he rleft hand and closed her eyes. Something's really strange with her and it's making him so worried. As soon as she opened her eyes, a teardrop fell from her one eye, "Myungsoo, d-do you l-love me?"

"Why are you asking that? Of course, I love you!" he said as he cupped her cheek, wiping her tears eyes. He's hoping to take away the pain she's feeling right now. "I-I'm..." Soojung wanted to tell the truth but she's afraid to know how he will react. "Will you still be there even if something goes wrong?"

"Of course," he said, nodding her head. He tried to catch her cold hands. "Soojung, you know what, you seemed to be not well these days, care to tell me what's wrong?"

"I-I'm pregnant, Myungsoo," Soojung admitted at last and right after that, she broke down and Myungsoo was left dumbfounded. He suddenly became worried. What will others think of him? He and Soojung are still young. It should not be this way. Yes, they're in an arranged marriage but they still have to study. How can his father still trust him if he'll not succeed first on his own without starting a family yet?

"Soojung, are you sure... Maybe we can just..." Soojung closed her eyes. This is what she's afraid to hear. She's afraid to hear that he's not accepting right away what's happening. She's afraid to hear his doubts on being with her and her baby. "Just what, Myungsoo? You told me you'll never leave even if something goes wrong. And here, I'm telling you, I know it, I'm pregnant. Don't tell you you're considering to kill the child!?"

Myungsoo kept quiet because that's the truth, the heart-shattering truth. Upon hearing her news, he immediately thought of all the negatives... "But Soojung..."

"You started your sentence with a 'but,' Myungsoo," Soojung cried harder, "you're c-considering abortion?" She stood up and Myungsoo held her right wrist, "no, Soojung, no, don't..."

"I'll go outside the country. We'll live anywhere... Anywhere... Where you won't see us. We'll live without you," Soojung said. She turned her face to look at him and smiled at him bitterly, "we don't want to disturb you from your bachelor life so we'll live without you."

Then she walked away.

 

Myungsoo was left dumbfounded. He was left alone in her room. A teardrop fell down from his face upon realizing one thing: His freedom was never his biggest loss. She... She will be his biggest loss.

 

------------------

 

A/N: Sorry if I updated this late. T______________________T I'll check the grammatical errors as soon as I can.