Attempt #2

Extraordinary

Soojung got nothing to do for the rest of the day. She's already done rolling on her bed for a hundred times already. She's also done re-reading her favorite books. She's so over on crying over that The Fault in Our Stars novel. No matter how she hated the ending, she still loved how the movie teaches her that there's always life after every down's you encounter. She stared on the ceiling and waited for her mind to process one thing to do. Maybe it was that effective that she have thought of something and got her laptop. It has been a while since she has opened it.

She immediately looked for the browser and logged in her Twitter account. It's been a while since she has seen her timeline. As said beforehand, she's not a SNS person. And even if she does have an account, she rarely opens it and keeps it private. Why would she need one when she can survive with her phone, anyway?

She scrolled down and saw tweets of some people close to her, such as her American friends. She also saw photos of her friends from the other side of the globe. She realized at that moment that she's quite missing her old life. She wanted to go back someday for vacation because she misses the atmosphere. But for now, she has to adjust being in South Korea. Sooner or later, she has to be in South Korea so it makes no difference afterall. After the scrolling up and down of the tweets, she posted a tweet:

@ksoojung I'm so bored.

Her tweet was as simple as that. She then looked for direct messages, news and any other matters that can further interest her but she did not get anything new. She was thinking of logging out already and turning off her laptop so for one last time, she viewed her profile. Nothing new, she thought. But there's pop-up window that usually does not appear unless she has gotten a follower request. Soojung immediately opened up the link inside the window and saw this:

You have 30 pending follower requests. View now

She got quite surprised. Thirty follower requests? Has it been that long since she has opened up her account? The last time that she checked, it was most probably two months ago. "Many things happen in two months, huh," she murmured as if anyone can hear her in the room. She then looked on the list and saw unfamiliar people. She has no plans yet on approving those requests. But what caught her eye was one familiar person.

Myungsoo, or @l.myungsookim sent her a following request. She was quite hesitant whether she'll accept or decline. She assessed herself and realized that what happened almost two weeks ago were now nothing to her anymore. It's not a big deal. But her ego is always hesitant. Different sides of Soojung battled within her, asking whether she's already forgiving him already or not yet. They both have a small world and she doesn't want to make it smaller because of her ego. He surely did not mean it, right? But she did not bother thinking about it further and accepted the request. She has nothing to lose in accepting a following request, anyway.

She logged out after that mental battle and got her laptop out of her sight. Soojung stared at the ceiling again as if it's going to say something at her. She's not contented about staying at home. She realized that she wanted to go out of the house when she looked for the picturesque view that the window offered her. She accepted it happily. So she went out of her big bed and went in front of the mirror. She combed her hair carefully and fixed whatever annoys her until she's contented upon seeing the girl in the mirror. She did not bother changing her pink shirt and white shorts. She has decided to walk within the subdivision for a physical activity. She misses doing one already.

Then she went downstairs silently when someone crossed her mind.

"Nana!" she called the chambermaid that she felt like calling too. Nana immediately ran to her and asked what she needed. Soojung then smiled at her and only told her that she's going to walk outside. Nana insisted of walking with her but Soojung assured her that she can manage herself. Nana told her to be back before the sun sets.

Soojung happily opened the gate and she seemed to be excited on what she's about to do today. She really wanted to have a good walk by herself. She have also thought where are the places that she'll be heading to. But her smiled disappeared when she had totally opened herself up to the outside world, for she was welcomed by a guy wearing a white shirt and black pants with his head hanging low. His left hand was behind his neck, seemed to be showing that he's not sure of what he's going to do. At the moment Soojung opened the gate, he immediately looked up and swallowed a lump on his throat. Soojung's face became expressionless.

Song Inspiration: Take My Breath Away - Emma Bunton

If you told me how you feel about me

Cause I did not know

If you said you'd fill my heart with all your loving

Til it overflowed

"Soojung, it-it's you," Myungsoo stuttered upon seeing her. He was actually there to apologize about what happened. He's very frustrated upon reaching the Jung residence's gate. He wanted to knock loudly but he's quite afraid that Soojung might push him away. He was thinking that maybe, she's still angry. But he's hoping that her anger has subsided already, even just bit.

"What are you doing here?" Soojung said as she totally got out of the house and closed the gate behind her. Now, they're both outside. The girl turned to look at him again and folded her arms in front of him. Myungsoo was not sure about what to say. "Well, I'm here to apologize for something that I've done and I'm sure that you know what's it," he replied, finally.

Soojung's ego overpowered her. She didn't want to make that issue a big one anymore but her mind keeps on telling her that she should not forgive him. She just chose to look somewhere and started to walk away from him. Myungsoo followed her rapidly. "Where are you going?" he asked and touched her arm but that contect seemed to bring worsen the situation. "Fine, fine, just tell me where you're going," he said and let go of her. "Maybe I can accompany you, just like the last time," he added. "We're supposed to go somewhere together, right?"

Soojung did not walk out this time. Her ideas hit her suddenly, why not come with him? One, he's surely dead if she gets harmed. Two, he seemed to be sincere. Three, she wants to know him more. Ugh, scratch that one, "Do you want me to forget what happened?" she asked out-of-the-blue. The male was surprised but he nodded his head.

Soojung then flashed her a smile, "then.."

"I-I'm sorry," he said with sincerity in his eyes. Soojung felt it. She didn't want to admit it, but she felt his sincerity. She wanted to forgive him that moment but she wanted to challenge him more. "But you should do something for me," she said innocently. Myungsoo's brows creased a bit but he chose to just ask rather than react violently because of her condition. "What do you want to happen then?" he asked, with a small smile from his face. It's better than no improvement, he thought. Soojung looked away because she can't bear looking straightly at him. His eyes are too attractive and so as his overall physique.

"Be my guy bestfriend then," she said with a smile on her face. "Help me adjust here." Soojung was deadly serious at that offer. She really wanted to have a guy bestfriend and since Myungsoo was the first guy she knew eversince she went home and he had the courage go in their house, she realized that there's no harm in trying it with him.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was not sure that time whether he should celebrate already or he should have tantrums. It's like battling where you're happier in these two: being a super friend or being friendzoned for so early. "And if I say yes, what will happen?"

I don't know the way you feel but boy I'm hoping

I always used to hide a way, but now I'm open

"Then we'll be friends," she said happily, hoping to get that reply from him. 

"And if no?"

"Then get out of my sight right now. I was hoping you'll tour me around this subdi..." she said in disappointement but Myungsoo did not let her finish anyway, "Of course, we can be friends. Friends?" he offered his left hand for her, to which Soojung gladly accepted with her opposite one. "Then let's be bestfriends, Myungsoo," she confirmed with twinkle from her eyes. Myungsoo felt electricity upon seeing her like that. He was actually doubting about going to her house today but it seemed like a good decision though.

"So, can you tour me around this subdivision?" Soojung asked him as they let go. Myungsoo's smile suddenly disappeared, making Soojung bring back her sad face.

"What?"

"You told me that you're going to be my guy bestfriend," she said, disappointed. She turned around and started to walk away from him but Myungsoo ran after her and held her arm again. This time, she did not react violently nor glared at him. She let him walk beside her. And with a smile curving on his lips, he told her, "of course, I'm going with you. Why would I leave my girl bestfriend alone?"

Every waking day you take my breath away

With every word you say you take my breath away

You look at me that way, baby come what may

I hope that you'll always know how to take my breath away

How to take my breath away

----

Kyuhyun sat in his swivel chair. He seemed to be pressured about his projects and papers in front of him. Many thoughts are running through his mind. But that's what his life was supposed to be in the first place, right? He believes he can do everything. And he knows he can do everything.

The sun still has to go down and he's on a break. Sitting in front of his stressing table, he felt like he wanted to just instead have a good sleep even when he still has a load of work to do. Though he wants to close his eyes, he decided to get his phone and check his wallpaper. He opened it up and unlocked it with his pattern. As soon, a photo of him and a special girl was shown behind the icons. That made all of his tiredness and pressures lighten up in an instant. 

She's the girl of his dreams. Eversince they were young, she's the one that he wants to be with, forever. Have you ever reached to the point that you realized that you want to spend your life with that someone forever? Have you ever felt an unexplainable happiness even when you are just sitting next to each other and not saying anything? Have you ever felt that comfortable and awkward feeling even when there's no speaking yet included between the two of you? Have you ever felt that feeling that you'll never get tired of one person?

Have you ever felt that feeling that no matter how far you are from each other, your love do not decrease?

Kyuhyun checked his Skype account and looked for that one person that he's longing for. And soon enough, his smile widened as he saw that she's available. But before he even got to select her name, the picture on the screen changed and he was already notified that the one he's supposed to call has already called him first. He immediately accepted the videocall.

He then saw a woman wearing a plain white shirt. She still has that wavy hair and with no make up on. She's smiling. She quite looked tired but her beauty overshined. "Hi there, mister," she said with her same pure aura.

"Hello there, miss beautiful?"

That's when she made a face against the screen. "Hey! That's not supposed to be a question. Can't you see this face, Kyuhyun?" she presented herself with both of her hands lying horizontally under her chin, its fingertips almost meeting. "This beautiful face? Huh? You're so lucky to have a girl with this face as your girlfriend!" she boasted.

Kyuhyun pretended to be thinking about what she said, trying not to laugh. The two of them are like that. They may not be seeing each other like other couples but they are happy. Seohyun made an annoyed face. "Yah! Do you want me to go there just to punch you?"

"I'm just joking. Of course, I know how lucky I am. I wouldn't exchange you for any girl," he said sincerely, his eyes meeting hers indirectly. That made her heart flutter. "Ahuh. And how's your day? Anything unusual aside from pressures?" she asked, as if she has memorized him completely.

"Unusual? Well, I'm missing you more than yesterday," he grinned. She acted like she's not believing him. "Really? She asked.

"Of course! And how's Singapore?" He asked. Seohyun yawned and covered her face. She really seemed to be sleepy. Then she answered, "well, I love Singapore. I hope we can go here together soon. I don't want to describe it to you because I want you to see everything for yourself..." she paused.

Kyuhyun tilted his head and he's about to say something when she continued, "... with me... Don't forget that. With me," she smiled widely.

"We'll get there, okay?" He said in assurance to her.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"It's settled then," she said. "I'm going home in three days, you're in the country at that day?"

"Yes, I think. So, let me visit you?"

"You are always welcome at the our residence," she said excitedly. "Chorong told me that she saw you when Sooyeon and Soojung went home?" He nodded his head and answered, "yes. How is she? Does she still think the same?" Kyuhyun asked in concern. Seohyun shrugged, "I don't know, Kyu. I don't even want her to do that... But if that will make her happy, then, I don't know. Eversince Junmyeon left and went to Vatican, she started to have that thoughts," Seohyun's face saddened.

"Just don't think a lot about it for now. You know, Chorong is still young. She still has a lot of time."

Seohyun smiled a bit and sighed then shifted the topic back to Myungsoo, "So, how's the big brother?" she asked, pertaining to her boyfriend.

"When I fetched him, he happened to be in the same day as the Jung siblings' flight. Myungsoo kept on asking about Soojung, actually," he grinned. "But I'm not giving him clues about Soojung. That kid, you know, I really love that boy."

"I know. I know how thankful you are to him," Seohyun said as if she's remembering something. Kyuhyun knew what she meant. "Yeah, if not for him, maybe I am not talking to you right now. If not for him, maybe I'm losing my mind. Maybe, there's no us anymore," he said.

"Really? You're losing your mind?" she managed to joke eventhough their conversation was getting quite emotional. "Yeah, maybe I would have gotten married to another girl. Seohyun, I can't marry anyone. I can only marry you," he said seriously.

Seohyun tried to cheer him up, "hey!" She called for his attention lovingly. "Ugh, I really want to be there now!" she scratched her head in frustration. "Kyu, you don't need to go back to that. It's already in the past, right? What you can only do is to help Myungsoo, okay? He agreed because of us. Just be... How should I say this?" She looked up as if she's about to cry. "Just be a good brother to him, okay?"

"Of course, of course. Thank you so much, Seo. You know that I'll do anything for him," he said. "And don't cry," he added.

Business is business. One of the two boys was meant to be put in arranged marriage. It was supposed to be Kyuhyun but the plan backfired when he fought for Seohyun. He was supposed to be married to Sooyeon or another daughter from another company but he didn't like the idea. No matter how his parents wanted the marriage to continue, he did not give up. He was completely against it. As much as he wanted to tell his parents that he can be just put into an arranged marriage with Seohyun instead, he couldn't because the negotiation has already started between the two options.

It's not that he doesn't like Sooyeon but they're just really friends. In Sooyeon's case, she also didn't like the idea and they planned to protest together. Sooyeon didn't really want to work under his father's company at first but she has learned to love it because she has to make it up for her younger sister.

Eversince Kyuhyun was young, he was strong with his options when it comes to his happiness. It's not that their parents do not have a heart. It's just that afterall, business is really business. Thank God that there's Myungsoo who hasn't been into any relationship and if he's going to be the arranged marriage, then most probably, there would be no problem. That's why when Kyuhyun knew that his brother had a crush on Soojung, he immediately told his parents about it. That solved everything. Myungsoo's freedom finished it all. That little possibility that the two can work out well ended the problem.

"The best thing that we can do is help him, Kyu. He sacrificed for us. And what we need to do right now is to support him, got it?" She said.

Myungsoo got angry when he knew the news. But before he got into college, he learned to understand everything when he saw how bad would it be for his brother to marry another girl. That's why Kyuhyun loves his brother so much.

"Let's be together and prove that we're worthy of what's he's doing right now. That we're worthy of his sacrifice," Seohyun added. Kyuhyun stopped the tears that were about to fall from his eyes and looked at her, "of course, Seohyun. Of course. And..." he paused.

"...I love you."

"I love you too. Forever," she said without hesitation before bidding goodbye. "We are getting emotional here, aren't we?" she managed to give him a smile. He wasn't able to answer her that fast. "I'm going to rest, Kyu. I think I need to sleep now. You too, rest well!"

"Yes Ma'am! Okay then. I'll... I'll see you in several days?"

"Definitely. I want to hug you right now. You know that?" she said and laughed a little. The man shook his head. "Now you know, mister. "I miss you, really."

"I feel the same."

Then she waved her hands and stared at him once more. She stared at the guy whom she knew was never going to be replaced in her heart. The guy she wanted to spend her forever with. She gave him a reassuring smile before turning off the videochat to finally sleep. She cannot finish a day without seeing him, without seeing her most beloved Kyuhyun.

 

-----

I gave a link to the song because maybe, some are not familiar with it. :))

I'll start with Luhan and Chorong at the next chapter. :)) Thanks for subscribing, guys. ^_____^