In Pain

Extraordinary

A/N: Short chapter! I just thought this one needs to be separated from the other chapters. So yeah. :)

A/N: I re-read it and I'm so sorry, lots of typos. T_____________T

--------------------

Chorong was resting under the tree, feeling the cold wind passing through her skin as it headed to the other direction. One look from the the world that she's in, she turned to look at her laptop again, finishing his autobiography.

She should be angry and she should be not do his autobiography anymore, right? But no, she's persistent in having a higher avarage than him on this semester, so she'll still pursue this. Soojung and Baekhyun were somewhere away from her, of course, maybe in the library or canteen, wherever they can correct each other's works. And here she is, alone, under the shade of a tree. He should be there with her too, actually. But no, her's not.

Seohyun has been trying to talk to her but the hardheaded girl refused to listen, again. She's still not okay with the idea that her older sister thinks of her pre-planned life as not "normal" that's why she talked to a guy to court her and let her fall for him. Speaking of him, Chorong wanted to see his work and correct it. She fished her phone out of her pocket and looked for his number. But after a blink of an eye, she realized that she has deleted it already. "Pabo, you memorize his number," she corrected herself. "You need to talk to him... For the project," she convinced herself. Anger should not be her priority for now.

"Hi," he confidently said on the other line. He seemed to be on a public place. "Are you on school, we need to talk for the requirement. I want to see what you have written for me," she said, straight-to-the-point. The way he said his greeting was not traced with a sense of guilt. Why? Was he just acting plastic?

"No, I'm not in school, Rong. And no, I won't let you read my work until this sem is over," he said, confidently. He even chuckled and that made her mad. "Why are you chuckling? Is there something funny or what? You know what Luhan, I'm just trying to..."

"You know what, you're just mad. I'm confident about everything I have written there so you don't have to worry about it. Just go and finish what you have written for me. I have to go. I'm fixing papers," he said, the last word not heard by her. Chorong was intrigued by it, though. "What did you just say? You're fixing what?"

"Nothing, I have to go, bye!" and there, the line ended just like that. She's so irritated. What did just happen? Hanging up like that? He did not even say something that's... Sweet. "No, Chorong. No. You are angry at him," she breathed in and out on three sets and repeated saying it to herself. "Now, do your work and study later on. You have a finals to ace tomorrow! Right, that's what you should do," she told herself as she faced the screen again, the screen full of words about him.

---------------

"What? You are what?" Soojung heard a loud question from her older sister. She immediately went to her room eventhough she's still scared to tell Sooyeon the truth but she needed to. She laid on the headrest and breathed hard, "pr-pregnant," she answered back, nervously. Sooyeon's faced was hard to describe. "What the hell is this, Soojung?" she closed her eyes in frustration. No, Soojung, don't cry, you deserve this.

"Unnie, I'm sorry, I know..."

"Does he know about this?" Sooyeon interrupted her and she just nodded in answer. Soojung breathed deeply once again before she answered back, "but he's hesitant, unnie. I-I don't know what to do. I'm so mad. I just to go to States and live there as this sem ends. I just want to be anywhere as long as he's not there!" she said.

"You're so hardheaded, Soojung! You cannot escape this problem by staying there!"

"I know unnie, but---" she wasn't able to continue her sentence when a teadrop of sadness fell down from her face, softening Sooyeon a bit. The latter went to her bed and sat beside her sister to comfort her. She laid her head on the headrest too. "Sorry for shouting at you earlier, Soojung. I-I was just shocked. Of course, who yould not be? How are we going to tell this to them?"

Soojung only gave a sad smile, "I deserve it, unnie. A disappointment like me deserves this. I need to be shouted and..."

"No, don't feel that way. But my point is, you need him. When we told you guys that you are in arranged marriage, it never meant starting your own family urgently. We just want you to know that. But Soojung, you haven't even reached twenty years old and you're going to be a mother in a span of nine months? Gosh," Sooyeon paused. "But no, you are not a disappointment. You'll only be one when you decide to just abort the baby. You are blessed to be given a baby by the Lord and you and him need to take care of your child," she said.

"But he's hesitant about it, unnie," Soojung said sadly.

"I know. I am angry about it because he should be a man enough to face this problem with you but you should understand that he's in state of shock too. It is not undeniable to you that our general society, especially, ours, is full of people who judge, people who don't forget others' flaws as if they don't have theirs. But you'll only be a disgrace in our family, as I've said, if you'll kill your child just to be not judged by them. What you should learn in this life is that you have be strong. Besides, we won't leave. Even if the world judges you, we will still love you. You may be called a mother soon but that won't change the way we feel about you, okay?" Sooyeon hugged her tightly.

Soojung felt that her loads have gotten lighter after hearing her words. She felt like she should not be scared because she have known that she's not alone. She's not a disappointment. She's not alone. But she should not be eaten by her pride too. It's not easy for her to do it. His first sign of doubt discouraged and hurt her a lot and she won't forget that. It stabbed her big time and it would take a long time to heal her. "I don't know what to do anymore, unnie."

Then they let go. "You have to marry him, Soojung. Me and Kyuhyun can convince them to postpone the wedding but never cancel it. We can postpone it because that's your personal wish but you and Myungsoo have to fix this... Especially now that you really have a reason to do it. But for now, I can suggest you one thing," Soojung stared at her, waiting for what she'll say.

"I'll help you convince them to let you live in States. But you'll come back. You two, you have to talk,"

"No, unnie, I won't. If I can even cancel that wedding, I will do it."

"And you know it's not possible, Soojung. I strongly disagree with that, to be honest. You two need space. You cannot be together when you have a pain in your heart because of him. But I know him, Soojung. I am sorry that I am not on your side in this, but afterall, I am your older sister and you have to listen to me. I am sure that they will think the same way too."

Soojung rubbed her wet eyes and nodded her head. Pain took over her real quick and it's not even funny. "I don't want to marry him, anymore, unnie. I-I don't. M-maybe until I see that he deserves us. I-I don't know," she said. Sooyeon listened to her thoughts. Her heart is being crushed by what she's hearing right now.

"Sooner, Soojung, you'll be ready. That's why I'm letting you leave. Heal. You need it. Just heal. And now, go back to your room and study. You have exams for tomorrow, so study, okay? Then after that, we'll start fixing everything for you."

The younger girl nodded at her older sister's command and after one last hug, she walked back to her room slowly, pain starting to subside... Just for tonight. She has to be strong, not only for herself but for her future child. Walking on the aisle and staring at the chandelier, Soojung unconsciously had her left hand touching her tummy and eyes moving down, seeing the cloth covering her skin going up a bit. "Soon, my tummy will grow. Soon, you'll show me the reality face-to-face, baby. But for now, let me have a step closer towards my success, okay? I'll study and after this, you'll be my priority," she whispered while talking to the living organism inside her.