Chapter 9

A Story of Fangs and Clans

I dreamt of a fire. Well, I was in the fire. But my body was burning, everything was hot and I couldn’t breathe. My head moved to search for someone. I stumbled and screamed. Excruciating pain hit my left arm and I looked at it. Someone inside with me ripped it off. Blood dripped and I staggered back, hitting a wall. A silhouette appeared before me, then another and another. In the fire, they grabbed my body parts and ripped each limb off. I opened my mouth to scream loudly and one of them complained: “Someone is gonna see this.”

“No. He’ll be gone before.” Another insisted.

I spoke-but not in my voice, “It’ll take a thousand years to kill us.”

I still couldn’t see their faces, but their voices were familiar, “So be it.” He raised a stake to plunge into me and as the weapon pierced skin, I woke.

---

My eyes burst open and I sat up quickly, bumping heads with Chaerin. We both groaned and I fell back, grabbing my forehead and pushing myself back up, “GIRL! What are you doing in here?!” She was still in her pjs-a new oversized black shirt and loose white and gray plaid sweats-while I was dressed in nothing but my boxers.

I grabbed for my sheets but she hit my arm with her free hand-the one not on her forming bump, “Will you stop? I’ve already seen you in your boxers!” She hissed back and groaned, “Aw. . You have a hard head!” She shoved me back down.

I raised my hand out to her, “Answer my question! Why are you in here in the first place?!”

She scoffed, “You were screaming so loudly, it woke me up. I came up here to see if anyone was already trying to wake you up-but your parents are still in their room. So I came in and tried to calm you.” She hit my shoulder, “But you! You’re so-GAH.” She sat on my waist and hit my arm again and again, “What were you dreaming about?!”

I touched my face and realized I was sweating. My body was cold so I yanked the covers from under her and sighed, “A fire…and other vampires were tearing me apart…”

“Oh… Sorry. I didn’t know it was something like that.” She mumbled and got off me. Chaerin paused on my bed and looked at me, “Do you want me to stay with you?” I had this feeling that she wanted to stay with me more than vice versa. But I nodded and scooted over. She faced the other way from me and whispered, “Do you think that dream has something to do with…the future?”

“I hope not.” I replied quietly and closed my eyes. A new idea dawned on me: Maybe it was the past.

 

Chaerin was out of my bed when I woke up. I guess I did feel a little disappointed when I didn’t see her beside me. But I didn’t pay attention to that feeling. I got out of bed and took a quick shower, dressing in loose jeans and a white button-down shirt. I marched down the steps to see that my parents and Chaerin were talking. She changed into white basketball shorts and kept on her pajama shirt. “Morning son.” Dad called.

He threw me a blood bag and I caught it, finishing it off easily. I threw it in the garbage and wiped my lips, “What’s going on?”

Mom pointed to Chaerin, “Miss Chaerin is trying to remember all she can from the night one hundred years ago. It could help us with finding her relatives or why the Park Clan was out to get them anyway.”

She nodded and I sighed, “How’s that going?” Dad elbowed me and I cringed, “Ok, ok. I’m going to school. I got a test today so.” I patted Dad’s back and kissed Mom’s head before grabbing my backpack.

“Oppa. Your phone.” Chaerin called. I nodded and took it from her, smiling, “I put my number in there.”

“Cool.” I bent down to kiss her cheek and whispered, “See you later Chaerin.” I waved and hurried out, walking up the street. My body was still sore from the dream I had last night, and I kept feeling the pain of my limbs being ripped off. It was vivid which is what scared me. My vivid dreams usually meant something good-or in this case, bad. I’m scared to find out why.

School was the same as usual-I totally aced the test. Other than that, my mind lingered around the Lee case. I got blood from Seunghyun and Dara for their Daylight Jewels and headed home early, unable to focus. I went inside and saw Chaerin watching TV. I called to her, “Hey!”

She waved her arm at me and sighed, “You’re home early…”

“I couldn’t focus in school.” I said and threw my backpack to the side, “I see you’ve discovered the wonders of the television.”

She lifted her head, smiling, “Yeah well…I need something to entertain me. Your parents went out to do something and left me here.”

“You’re not reading?”

“I don’t read all the time.” Chaerin scoffed, “Only when I feel like it.”

I nodded and sighed, “I’m gonna make some Daylight Jewels. Do you want to come?”

She paused and turned off the TV, getting up from the couch and following me, “Sure. For who?”

“My friends Seunghyun and Dara.”

Chaerin looked at the vial of Dara’s blood, “Dara Park?” I nodded and she sighed, “Why are you making these for those people?” She whined, pressing against me so I would stop at the basement door. Her hands shoved back the vial into my palm and I shrugged.

“If I don’t, what will my excuse be? I’ve been friends with them since I was a kid. Now that two of them had to do with your disappearance is really hurting me too you know.” I walked past her and opened the door, marching down the steps.

She followed and groaned out, “Oppa! Please don’t be mad at me.”

“I’m not mad.”

“Yes you are. Your voice is bitter and sarcastic. Seungri says that all the time.” Her voice cracked and she cleared . I stopped to look back at her and I felt my own gaze soften. I can’t lash out at her like that. She still misses her family, every passing minute she knows they’re not beside her.

I set the blood vials in my pocket and took a hold of her arm, pulling her closer to me. Her eyes were filled with an innocence you couldn’t find in other vampire girls and I liked that. I liked that so much that I had nerve to actually lay my hands on her. And even pull her into a hug. Her cheek rested against my collar and her arms went around my waist, her breath tickling my neck, “Hey. I’m not mad… Ok?” My voice was calm, but my pulse was beating rapidly. My chest was heaving and I think hers was too.

“Mm, Oppa. When did you get so warm?” She pulled me closer and sighed, “I’m sorry. I’m just still a little on edge.” I nodded and she let me go.

“Come on. You can help me make these.” I picked up the vials and went into the extra room.

“I didn’t memorize the prayers and chants though.”

I picked up my spell book, “You can read from this.” I handed it to her and she slowly nodded. I offered both vials, “Which do you want to make? I’ll let you choose.” To my surprise, she grabbed Dara’s. “Are you sure?” She nodded and sat across from me. We repeated the process for both Jewels, getting it done in the time for one which I was really happy with. But Chaerin was still iffy about the real hard part. I just finished coating both Jewels and she was drawing out the markings on the floor.

“Jiyong. Pass me the book please.” I gave it to her and she sat in one circle, placing it in front of her. I poured out each vial and looked at her. She smiled, “I’ll be fine.”

I nodded, “I know you will.” As we began, I noticed her eyes twitch uncomfortably. I kept my eyes open to watch her, my mouth moving on its own. Deeper into the prayers, she began to sweat and pain contorted on her face. Suddenly, she screamed and jumped out of the circle, her skin smoking. I stopped and hurriedly went to her, taking her arm and examining it, “Are you ok?”

“I don’t know…”

“What was that?” I set her arm down and she settled into my embrace.

She blinked, “I guess I’m a little sensitive to magic still… Dad you know, got turned by magic and Mom loved magic…I’m just sensitive to it still.” She sighed, “But that never happened when I’ve done magic before.”

“Has it happened though?”

“Only when there’s more than one element of magic but…” She stared at her circle and pointed, “Dara’s blood.”

“Hmm?”

She looked at it, “Dara’s blood is filled with magic. It has to be.”

“But that wouldn’t make any sense.” I mumbled, “Why would Dara cast a charm on her own blood?”

I felt her palm hit my shoulder, “She’s onto us.” I realized that her theory made sense, “Seungri and I are really sensitive to that stuff. Your interrogations or your parents. Which is more likely to have blown their cover?”

“Um…my parents. I compelled Bom and Dara to forget about that moment. And Teddy did call Bom about my parents.” I sighed, “Ok. Take Seunghyun’s, I’ll make Dara’s.” She nodded and we got back in the two circles. She looked in my eyes and I gave her the book. We started from the beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello~here's the next chapter for you all. Thank you for subscribing and upvoting, I appreciate it so much. I've been hearing lots of talking around with Kris and Luhan promoting in China, so SM will sue... Amber made a solo debut, with Beautiful (ft. Taeyeon), I see CL working with Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am and Taboo, and more and more, so on... Also YG promised that iKON and BIG BANG will debut/comeback in the spring...I'm doubting it but at the same time, it's all the hope I have left for them!! Lol, love you guys (.^_^.)

-TAIwin