Chapter 19

A Story of Fangs and Clans

My heart was pounding hard and people seemed to notice me acting up. I was fidgeting, my eyes searching for something, anything to help me focus. Nothing. Stupid Seunghyun and Youngbae were in my class and staring at me like I was crazy. Something was wrong, and I hated this feeling. The teacher excused me, something about me being a distraction, but I bolted anyway. I grabbed my phone and turned it on. I texted Daesung, Minji and my Dad. Who was in trouble?

Daesung: I’m still in class. What’s wrong?

Minji: Chaerin and I are still safe. Something up?

Dad: Good to know you still care for your parents.

No one was in trouble? Then what’s wrong? What’s wrong with me? I walked out and opened up my Bentley. I need a drink desperately.  I opened up my car and sighed, texting everyone back that everything was fine. I was lying.

My phone buzzed:

Chae Baby: Something’s wrong. I can feel it.

Me: Same here. Any suspicions?

Chae Baby: No which is weird. But it’s in my gut, I don’t like it.

I wiped my lips and nodded.  I knew it. Something is wrong. If she feels it too, then it’s serious. Before I could text her back, she responded again:

Chae Baby: I’m getting Minji to take us back to school. Now. Stay put.

, now I can’t get a drink. I stayed in my car, fiddling with the buttons on my phone and checking the time every half second. I was so anxious. Then I heard something. I whipped my head to the side. I saw two bodies out on the field, staring at the driveway. I leaned closer to the other door and widened my eyes. It was Jay and Teddy. How’d they know Chaerin would be here?

I got out of my car and ran towards them, grabbing Teddy’s neck first and snapped it. He fell limp and Jay scoffed, “Why not me?” He asked, gesturing to himself.

“Because, I really wanna kick your .” I replied and kneed him in the stomach, pulling him over me and he landed on the ground with a huge thud.

He groaned and laughed, “Teddy was right… You love Lee Chaerin eh?”

I gulped and grabbed his arm, pulling him back up to punch him in the face, “What’s it-to ya?” I grunted.

He took my hand and punched my chin, “You know I still love her.”

“But she doesn’t love you! Let it go!” I brought my leg up and kicked him a yard away.

Jay cackled, “I did! Her cancelling the marriage was a small breaking point that led me to doing what I had to do. What I wanted to do!” He ran up and jumped on me, punching my chest repeatedly. I coughed and flipped us, returning the favor.

I took his collar and smashed his head to the ground, my eyes burning rage into him, “What do you want with her?”

“Not just her. But it has to do with your family as well.” He said, dizzy, “I’m just waiting for the pawn to come in.”

Pawn? Pawn. Chaerin. I grabbed his head but he regained his consciousness fast and threw me into a tree. My back strained and cracked, but I still got up, “Don’t you touch her!” I screamed and threw my arm to the side. He flew to the ground and screamed in agony. I felt magic course through my veins and anger flourished it.

Jiyong!” Her scream. I knew that scream in the back of my head, my heart ached. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw her run to me.

I cried out, “Stop!! Minji stop her!”

Jay stood and smiled at me, “Here she comes.” I felt my arms suddenly twist behind me and I cried out in pain. That was way too fast for Teddy to get up. I turned my head and saw that it wasn’t Teddy…it was Seunghyun. I wanted to cry. He used to be my best friend.

“Sorry Ji.” He mumbled as Bom, Dara and Youngbae followed Jay towards the two girls.

I groaned, “Shut up, .” I was forced to watch all four go against those two girls. Chaerin stood up next to Minji and I groaned, “Not only are you and Youngbae asses…you’re willing to turn on the Leader of our race. For what?”

“That’s none of your business.” He murmured.

“You know what is though?” I asked and turned back at him. My eyes flashed red and I continued, “My Empire.” Seunghyun screamed out, making Bom look back. He let me go and gripped his head, screaming, close to tears. I punched him down and turned, blocking Bom and Dara easily. Youngbae though, was always a strong fighter. But I didn’t feel intimidated by his muscles. I wanted to get to Chaerin. I want her safe. I drew my fist back and even I was surprised as a red flame engulfed my fist and hit him straight in the gut. He dropped to the ground, gasping for air but I left him on the ground.

Jay was also easy to dodge. I flipped him on his back, and even I could hear the cracks that left him groaning lowly. I ran to Chaerin and Minji, grabbing them and pushing them towards my car. I gave Chaerin the keys, “Get in.”

“Oppa.” She gasped. I pushed her inside and looked at her, “No. I don’t wanna lose you.” She was crying now, pressing her hands against my chest.

I looked at her and kissed her, wiping her tears away, “You’re not losing me. I’m gonna stall them. I’ll get a ride with Daesung. I promise I’ll be back.”

I didn’t wait for her. I quickly dialed Daesung’s number and he answered franticly, loudly, “Where are you?! I’m hearing screams but I can’t-holy . Jiyong run!” I looked up and dodged Jay. He had a stake in hand, anger and fury in his eyes. I hung up my phone and did a backflip away from him, holding up my hands.

“Jay. Jay, there’s-“

“Shut up!” He charged again and I dodged again, a little bit scared.

Daesung came out of nowhere and tackled Jay to the ground. He looked at me, glaring, “Go! Now!” I turned to be met with Seunghyun. His eyes showed no sign of sorrow, but he looked apologetic. He pushed me down and I turned my head. Youngbae and Dara both broke into my car. I can’t believe Chaerin and Minji didn’t leave yet. But that was not the point. “Don’t you touch her!” Daesung cried, letting go of Jay to push Youngbae off his girlfriend. But then, I saw Dara grab Minji’s head. She snapped it and Minji went limp.

Daesung went with her, Youngbae panting and wiping his lip. I franticly moved against Seunghyun, but I was getting tired. Jay took a hold of Chaerin but, she fought well. Her leg came up to kick his groin and she ran towards me. She tackled Seunghyun off and pulled me up, pushing me to go to Minji and Daesung. I was once again pulled away from her, my hand desperately trying to get back to hers. Jay snapped Chaerin’s neck and caught her body in his arms, “NO!”

Hell knows what he’s going to do with her, or Minji and Daesung. Seunghyun spoke, out of breath behind me as I sobbed, “Snap his neck too? Leave him here?”

Jay shook his head, “You saw that punch he gave Youngbae. He can come in use someday.” The last thing he said to me was, “See you in one hundred or so years.” Then pain engulfed me and everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Spoiler alert: next chapter is the LAST chapter, it will also be really small so I'll be posting it on Friday. Going off to K-Pop news...there have been a couple of things that are really popping out to me. So The Ark debuted I think last Thursday(...?), and I was never really posted on them so I didn't pay attention. I knew Yuna Kim was once a competitor (I think) to debut in YG's new girl group but she lost (?) against Eunbi Kim, so... My friend texted me that he was so sad after watching their video so I watched it...and I cried the second time and everytime I watch it I cry... It's so good and addictive.

Speaking of which, on a whole new spectrum, BASTARZ (the sub-unit of Block B with P.O, U-Kwon and B-Bomb) debuted recently with Conduct Zero and it's SOOO amazing. It's hard-hitting, rough yet classy hip-hop, Block B style and so...it's almost a crime to listen to it as many as times as I did and to love it so much. Then just today...I saw CL with Kendall Jenner, Lance Bass, Jeremy Scoott and Schoolboy Records' artists, like Ariana Grande and...*sigh*...the notorious Justin Bieber -.- I try to be as positive and open as possible since I really, REALLY respect CL as a rapper, an artist and as a representitive of many badass Asian women but I still can't stand J.B no matter who he hangs out with. I hate bashing him, I do, no one desrves to be hated for doing what they love but I feel like J.B just wants attention, he doesn't even act like he cares about music anymore and it pisses me off. Girls worship this guy...it's throwing your life away for a man who only cares for your worship. Sorry for my rant.

-TAIwin

P.S. It has been exactly a year since the Sewol Ferry incident in South Korea, please send out a prayer with me tonight to all the families who have suffered through loss. I just watched a video made by two victims, I guess it was sent online before but it was about their last moments and...it was hard for me to watch... Thanks guys.