Chapter 14

A Story of Fangs and Clans

“Who’s in here?-OH MY GOD! CHAERIN-UNNIE! Cover up!” I lazily opened my eyes and felt for the body that was supposed to be beside me. Nothing. Instead, I heard a scoff and someone threw a blanket over me.

“Minji! I told you to knock when you come in from now on!” Chaerin snapped.

I groaned and moved, tired, “Chae Baby?”

She smiled and knelt beside me, fondling my chest, “Hey Oppa. You passed out for a long time.”

I pushed my hair back and grumbled, “Aren’t you tired?”

“Trust me. My legs nearly died when I woke up.” She said and stood. She was dressed in my jacket which hung loosely around her bruised thighs. I could see a hint of her underwear and I smirked, turning my head, “Oppa. Minji is here.”

The girl took her hands off her eyes and scoffed, “You two Bounded?!”

Chaerin nodded and smiled, pulling her laptop on her desk closer to her, “I feel amazing. It’s something new inside me and it feels awesome.”

Minji face-palmed and pointed to me, “You! I tried calling you after school! You didn’t show!”

I brought the thick covers over myself and sighed, “Sorry Minji. It’s in pieces against the wall.” She touched the dent my throw had created and stared at the remains across the floor, looking at me with a questioning look, “My friends were calling a lot during me and Chaerin’s-“

“OK.” She cried, “I’m free right now and you weren’t at your house so I thought you were here. Do you still want to talk about your dream?” I pushed my hair back and stared at Chaerin. She turned towards us, curious of my answer as well.

I nodded, “Wait downstairs please. We can walk around the forest.” She nodded and walked off, closing the door.

Chaerin crossed her arms and stared at me, pouting, “Oppa. Why can’t I go with you two?”

“Because I have bad feelings about this dream.” I whispered and went to the balcony, staring at the clothesline that held our clothes in the wind, “I don’t want you to be there if it’s not good. Do you understand Chae Baby?” I pulled on my clothes and smiled. She giggled as I kissed her face and nodded, “Good. Call us if you need us.” I said and went outside. Minji was waiting beside the front door.

She stared at me and sighed, “You and my best friend Bounded…ew.”

I scoffed, “I’d rather not talk about that with you, you know.”

“Understandable.” We went outside and she asked, “So, tell me about this dream of yours.”

I dug my hands into my pockets and shrugged, “I was in a fire, not in my body.” I gestured to myself before continuing, “Familiar voices surrounded me and ripped my limbs apart and I felt the pain. Three guys were doing the deed. One said that someone will find me. Another said that I’ll be gone before that. I spoke, and my voice was different: It’ll take a thousand years to kill us… The last one said so be it and raised a stake to kill me. Then I woke up.”

Minji nodded, grass crunching through our shoes, “What was your voice like?”

“Deeper, yet thinner.”

“Do you know your surroundings?” I shook my head and she sighed, “That’s hard. If it wasn’t your voice, and it was a Vampire, then they should be dead. Which means that dream was a vision from the past.” She paused and sighed, “Any dead relatives?”

“No. Not that I know.” I said.

She froze, “The voices, you said were familiar. Think really hard. Who was speaking?”

I closed my eyes, looking through my memories of everyone I knew. I stepped on a stump and froze, “The Parks. Teddy, Jay and Sanghyun.”

Minji covered and squatted beside me, shaking her head, “No. No…please say different names.”

I bent beside her, “What’s wrong?” I asked, rubbing her back.

She lifted her head, tears falling one by one, “I’ve had this theory. Chaerin’s brother Seungri was supposed to be in Japan. I searched for him first with one of your followers, Kang Daesung. We couldn’t find him and… Well, someone told us about a fire near his birth place about one hundred years ago. It was a history thing.” Her voice dropped into a whisper, “I think you just witnessed Seungri’s death, Jiyong.”

I shook my head almost instantly and stood, “No. Not-Not true. That can’t be right.”

“Jiyong, you just told me about it. It fits the theory!” She shouted, “Oh god. She’s gonna be crushed. Absolutely devastated.” Chaerin.

“No. Do not tell her now.” I snapped and paced around, sighing, “Just…be sure it was Seungri.”

Minji bit her lip, shaking with the thought of Seungri dead—for good, “I’ll study more with Daesung. I promise. I should get going to start.” She tossed me a box, “Give that to Chaerin! It’s important!” I nodded and she ran off. I went back to the house, climbing up a wall to enter through her balcony. I stopped to look at her. She was wearing custom headphones we got for her when we ordered her phone and her head bobbed to a beat.

She was still dressed in my jacket, which made me grin. I pushed open and she looked up, smiling. She slipped down the headphones and unplugged them, walking up to kiss me sweetly. I kissed back and held her, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She sighed and looked around, “Where’s Minji?”

“She left. But she wanted me to give this to you.” I handed her the box and she slowly opened it, smiling at a slim gold ring, “What’s that?”

“My mother’s ring. She left it hidden somewhere. Long story.” She said and slipped it on her hand, “It fits well.” She whispered and leaned her head on my chest.

I sighed, “Can we go get me a new phone tomorrow?”

She laughed and nodded, “Yeah sure.” She suddenly jumped on me, her legs around my waist and arms around my neck, “But first, I’m hungry. Can we go eat?”

“Put on some clothes Chae.” I said and slapped her as she walked past me. She glared at me and flipped some hair behind her shoulder, “Sorry. Tempting.” I said.

“Shut up.” She said and pulled on her now dry clothes, “Ok. Let’s go eat! I want meat!” She held onto my arm as we walked outside, the moon illuminating our skin to turn silver. Chaerin then dove around in her pocket and pulled out a single key. She smiled, “Wanna go for a drive?” She gestured to a Rolls Royce and unlocked the door.

I nodded, grinning, “Will you drive?” She nodded, “Ok then. I’m interested in this.” I opened the driver’s seat for her and smiled, “Have you ever driven before this century? I remember your adjust and adapt sentence.”

She smirked, “I drove your Baby.” I remembered and she smiled, “Trust me ok?” She kissed my lips gently, leaving me smiling like an idiot as she got into the car. I slammed the door shut and went to the other side. “Where do you want to go?” She asked.

I shrugged, “Wherever you wanna go.” She smiled and backed out of the driveway, “For someone who hasn’t driven a lot before, that wasn’t bad.” I complimented.

“Will you just let me drive?” She teased, “I got this under control.” I nodded and she started out onto the road when she nudged me with her elbow, “I forgot to tell you this but earlier, your friends came here.”

“What?”

“Yeah, they were trying to break the barrier again. I think their anger over you really heightened their strength. Intelligence not so much.” I chuckled as she turned and rested a hand on her knee.

“Don’t worry. Tomorrow, I’ll talk to them.” I assured and she nodded.

“I’m not worried. I trust you.”  I looked at the road and bit my lip to suppress a smile. The rest of our drive was quiet until we pulled into the barbeque place I had first taken her to a few days ago. I gave her a look and she pushed my face back, “It’s not because of you… Ok it is a little but their sirloin is so good.” She looked excited as she hopped out and I followed her. We looked through the windows a little to confirm that none of my friends-or any other Vampires were here.

But Chaerin still slipped on the pair of sunglasses I claim she stole from me as we entered. She looked a little upset to see the waitress that flirted with me before still here. And that waitress definitely remembered us. Chaerin sat next to me rather than across from me this time, holding my hand as I ordered-to be honest, I was worried about what she’d say and she knew that.

“Would that be all sir?” The waitress asked, not even trying to hide her gritted teeth.

I looked at Chaerin, “Anything else baby?” She shook her head and leaned on me, smiling. I turned back to the young girl and shook my head, “No thank you…” I leaned up to look at her nametag and my smile dropped. She walked away and I tightened my grip on Chaerin’s hand.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“That girl’s name…”

“What’s wrong with her name?” I separated our hands and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me, “Oppa. Just tell me. You’re freaking me out!” She hissed, waving my arm.

“It was…Sohee.”

I looked at her and she frowned, crossing her arms, “Oh my god. You’re freaking out because she has the same name as your ex-girlfriend?! Jiyong I thought you were over her!” I grabbed her hips as she tried to walk away and hugged her, “Kwon Jiyong let me go. I can’t believe you!”

“I know what you’re thinking about and that’s not why I’m freaking out.” I insisted, “Listen. Yes, she has the same name as my ex, but then-she looks like her… And I could’ve sworn she was dead.” My mind went a little fuzzy trying to remember Sohee. The cheated on me and we broke up. Then out of rage she killed a human-at the time, that girl she murdered was the old valedictorian of our grade.

“Dead? She’s a Vampire.”

“Well she broke a rule and we had to disembody and burn her.” I ran a hand through my hair, “Well actually, I didn’t. I let-“ I paused and cussed.

“Jiyong?”

I looked at Chaerin with a worried look and I whispered, “I let…I let Teddy and Jay do it.” Sohee came back with a huge tray of our meat and she placed it around the grill, a hint of a smirk under her calm face. I growled, “What are you doing here?”

“Sir?”

“Don’t play games with me Sohee. I know you’re really good at that.” I snapped, “I thought Teddy and Jay burned you to death.”

She placed the tray under her arm and glared at me, then at Chaerin, “You just want all the of the world to happen to your ex’s right?” Sohee scoffed and looked at Chaerin again, “You’re next, sweetie.”

“I ing knew it. What’s going on?!” I pushed Chaerin behind me more, “Why aren’t you dead?”

“Teddy and Jay…they offered an alternative sixty years ago.” She whispered and smirked, “All that came was one little favor.”

“Favor?” Chaerin asked.

Sohee nodded and smiled smugly, “She’s not safe, though Oppa. The Original Lees are in a bad position, don’t you know?”

“Do not call me that Sohee.” I snarled, “You tell anyone about Chaerin and I will kill you personally. My parents will also kill your so-called heroes.”

“I’m not scared of the Kwons, Oppa.” She said and I tensed, “You know, since we had a good few years together-“

“You cheated on me.”

“-I’ll give you another warning.” She leaned in, “The Parks know about Chaerin.”

I threw down a bunch of bills and grabbed Chaerin’s hand, glaring at Sohee to compel her, “Don’t tell anyone about this meeting we had here.” I ran back to the car and Chaerin hurried to drive off, “My house Chae. And step on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry I didn't update yesterday guys. For some reason my Internet kept blocking AFF so I couldn't access it. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy. Have you heard that rumor about Red Velvet being a rotation group/sub-unit? Like...then what was the point in having Red Velvet debut with only four members, SM? Wouldn't it have just been easier to debut all at once (on a somewhat related note, they've all turned blonde/light-haired .-.)? But I guess they have to step up their game since Cube is debuting a girl group too, CLC. I'm just sitting here in my YG stuff waiting for BIG BANG's comeback, WINNER's comeback, iKON's debut...2NE1's comeback, etc... 

P.S. I've been watching KPOP Star Season 4 and Heard It Through The Grapevine...I'm like, on a rampage ><

-TAIwin