MC (Mini Chapter) 6

A Story of Fangs and Clans

“Jiyong…Jiyong…Kwon Jiyong!” I opened my eyes slowly and groaned, turning the other way. Nails scraped my gently and I hummed, relaxing my muscles. A female voice scoffed, “You’re so lazy. How do you get up in the morning?” Chaerin. I turned to stare at the ceiling and covered my face.

“What time is it?” I mumbled.

She played with the hair on my nape and replied, “Two AM.”

“Why so early?” I asked, “Is something wrong?”

She looked down, obviously embarrassed and said, “The dream I had is really disturbing me… I-I can’t sleep… I’m sorry, this is stupid-“ She stood up, about to leave.

But I grabbed her arm and sat up against the bedframe, leaning my head back, “No. What’s wrong? You can’t sleep?” She nodded and I scooted over, “You can sleep in here then, if that helps you.” She crawled in, pulling her oversized shirt above her knees and laid the other way.

“Thanks… I thought this was gonna be awkward.” She scoffed.

I shook my head and faced the other wall, “No. I told my parents I’d take care of you…and I always hate being alone when I have a bad dream.” I snuggled into the pillow and sighed, “I know how it feels. To be alone, it’s more than that.”

She nodded, ruffling the pillow material and exhaled, “Yeah.” We didn’t speak after that, but we didn’t need to. I heard her soft breathing beside me, but I couldn’t fall asleep. Minutes passed by and I just kept thinking about why my friends were here. I really didn’t want them to be a part of the disappearance of the Original Lees. But everything was falling into place. Oh god.

The sheets crinkled as Chaerin moved towards me in her sleep and I felt her arms hug me. Tears stained my skin and I looked back at her. Why’s she crying? Panicking a little, I turned to smooth her hair out and soothe her. But she kept crying, unknowingly. “Chaerin…” I begged, “Help me out…”

Her nails dug into my shoulders and she sniffled, “Seungri…”

Oh crap. She really missed her brother. I didn’t know that feeling, being the only child and my parents gone frequently, but not for very long time. I didn’t know the feeling of being alone, worse of thinking where my parents were. I always knew where they were. So I couldn’t help her with that…and knowing that made me feel guilty. Not just guilty, but really guilty. It feels like a rock sitting in my gut and every tear that escapes her eyes makes the rock press deeper into me. Her nails dug back into my skin, and I let her cry into my shoulder, silently.

I felt worthless. What can I do for her? She’s just…lonely. I closed my eyes, knowing I’d only sleep for a short time and when I woke up again, Chaerin was still on me. I pried her hands off me but she whimpered at the loss of contact. “Chaerin…” I whispered. “Please. Sh. Don’t cry.” She calmed down a little and I crawled out of bed slowly. I pulled on my jeans and travelled into Chaerin’s room, looking through her shelf of books. There’s one copy of book that every Vampire home should hold-the Lees’ History. My fingers stopped at a gold binding and I pulled it.

Yep, the Lee History book. I walked back into Seungri’s room and went to his desk in the corner of the room. I figured, the cemetery Chaerin was found in was pretty close to her home. Maybe another destination important to the Lees would be where the other three are. I flipped through the pages, refreshing my mind with their history. God, they travelled all over the world, all these can be places where they are.

Major places, Kwon, major places only. Um…the U.S. is definitely one, either LA or Brooklyn. Maybe LA, since Sanghyun is there with Hyunbae. What else? Paris. Lees loved Paris, it’s where Mr. Lee had met his wife. Japan is where Seungri was born. But there were plenty of other places they could be.  I held the book in my fingers tightly and grabbed a piece of paper from the desk.

“LA…Paris…Japan-“

“Jiyong?” I looked behind me and Chaerin lifted her head up, rubbing her eyes, “What are you doing?”

“Uh-“ I stood up, “It’s still early. Sleep, Chaerin.”

She pulled her shirt over her knees as she sat up and looked at me, “I can’t…”

“Why?”

She rubbed her face, “I keep having that same dream…” I walked towards her and she continued, “I keep hearing…Seungri’s voice and my Mom and my Dad. They keep calling for me, begging for me to find them. My head hurts, Jiyong.” She pinched her head and groaned, “I’m gonna lose it if we don’t find them soon!”

I calmly told her, “You’re craving more blood.”

Her eyes were amber again, “I’m feeling overwhelmed. I don’t need blood! I need my family!” Rampages were common with withdrawals. I held her shoulders and made her lay down. But that made her a bit angry. She pushed off my arms and ran down the stairs. I followed her and shut the door she was about to open.

“Chaerin. You don’t even know where to go.” I reminded her.

She shoved me back, “I’ll search the world for them! Every centimeter will count-any hint that gives me something about them! I just need to find them!” I closed the door again and grabbed her waist, “Let me go! I need them!”

I covered and set her on the steps as she struggled, “Listen to me. Please?” When she didn’t quiet down, I continued anyway, “I’m doing the best I can to find your family. I’ll search for them and found out what the Parks wanted with you all. Ok?” My thumb unconsciously traced her cheekbone and she shivered, “I promise to set everything right. That’s what I live for. So please, calm down.” I didn’t want to compel her, but she left me no choice, “Go to sleep… Calm down.”

She closed her eyes and fell into my arms. When I first wanted to meet the Lees-I didn’t think they’d be so stubborn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Apparently, this saved as a draft instead of publishing...my bad. -.- Lol, this isn't a very long chapter but I promise that the next one will be on time and longer~ Please forgive me...

-TAIwin