Chapter 10

A Story of Fangs and Clans

Her breath was nearly gone as we neared the end. I kept my eyes on her as she focused hard to keep up to my steady pace. She flipped to the next page and her eyes showed relief that there were only a few lines left. “Let sun shine, and no harm come to Choi Seunghyun.” “Let sun shine, and no harm come to Sandara Park.” She groaned and stretched her arms. I smiled and picked up the warm rock, settling it into its place on the new ring. Chaerin handed me Seunghyun’s and I pressed that together too.

“My back hurts.” She complained and felt her shoulder blade.

“Go sit. I’ll clean up.”

“But that’s not fair to you.” Chaerin ruffled my hair and took a towel from the shelf.

I smiled, “Ok.” We cleaned up together and I took both towels and threw them into the washing machine. When I came back, Chaerin was laying on the floor, her stomach against the cement, “What are you doing?”

“I’m waiting for my back to crack.” She mumbled from her arms, “Duh.”

“Nothing is gonna happen if you just stay like that.” I said and sat next to her, pressing my hands against her back. She hummed as my hands began to push her bones to the brink of cracks. She moaned my name and I paused for a second, a rush of warmth spreading through me. I rubbed her back down and sighed, “Better?”

So much better.” She smiled and flipped on her back, extending her arms to me, “I’m so tired. Please?” I realized I was a er for her ‘please’ face. Even though I wanted to deny that anyway, I picked her up and her legs wrapped around my waist.

“You’re such a kid.” I complained.

Her arms tightened around my neck, “I’m tired.” She said. I marched up the steps and sighed, stepping out of the basement when I heard someone outside call my name. I froze and she hissed, “Guest room. Hurry.” I rushed in there and tossed her on the bed. My hand met my hair, and she cussed, “! Who was that?!”

“Ah…the most recent bunch of trainees in the Kwon Clan.”

She wrinkled her brows, “Trainees?”

“Yeah. Young vampires who’ve ‘devoted’ themselves in serving the ruling Clan. Didn’t you have that?” She shook her head and I shrugged, “It’s a pretty big process. I meet with them a few times a month but… Ugh. They saw you.”

“They didn’t see my face right?”

“No. But stay in here a while.” I ordered and she groaned. I sighed, “I’ll be right back.” I closed her door and went up to the front door, opening to the trainees. Only a few of them were here. Song Minho, Lee Seunghoon, Kim Hanbin and Kim Jiwon-Bobby. I sighed and shut the door behind me, “What are you four doing here? We meet on the 31st.”

Hanbin smirked, “Sorry Hyung. We didn’t know you had a girl over.” I rolled my eyes and they nudged me, trying to tease me, “You got too much time on your hands.”

I shoved him back, “Shut up.”

“I didn’t know you had a soft side.” Minho said.

I turned away. The reason I train these kids is because they’re intimidated by me. Seeing me carrying a girl up the stairs with that look on my face was totally gonna ruin my cred. And it did. “She a vampire?” Seunghoon asked, trying to get a look in my house.

I blocked his view, “Yes. But that’s not your business. What’s wrong? Someone dead?”

“No. We were wondering if we can have extra practice.” Bobby said, “But uh, we see you’re busy, so we’ll be heading back to the dorm rooms.”

I scoffed, “Good choice.” I said and walked back in my home. Trainees weren’t allowed in the Kwon household, which now was the best thing ever. “They’re gone!” I shouted.

Chaerin came out and slipped her necklace back on, “Why do you have trainees?”

“The world is getting crueler. Dad thought it’d be better to have a bunch of alliances with the younger generation.” I pointed outside, “So I went down to an orphanage about ten years ago. Found eleven kids finding me pretty interesting. I talked to them and they had qualities I liked, so I turned them. I built a building for them to live in and they dedicate in serving my family.” I smiled, “Good kids, it’s pretty nice. They’re nearing their stopping age so, they’ll be full members of the Clan then.”

Chaerin sighed and nodded, “That’s nice. So what’s training?”

I sat on the couch and she sat beside me, “Training is basically bonding with each other, hunting animals and learning history and rules.” I fiddled with my ring and leaned my head on her. “Can I have Minji’s number?”

She raised a brow and crossed her arms, “Why?” She snapped.

I bit my lip, “I just want to know if she knows anything about that dream I had last night.” She brought out her phone and texted it to me, “Thanks. I’m gonna call her.”

“Don’t freak her out.” Chaerin pleaded.

I nodded and pressed her number into the dialer, calling her and pressing my phone to my ear, “Hello?”

“Hi Minji, it’s Kwon Jiyong. Do you have a second?”

I can tell she hesitated before saying, “Sure…what’s wrong?”

“I had this odd dream last night, I was wondering if you’d like to meet up sometime so we can talk about it. It was really vivid and I thought you could kind of tell me what you think about it.” I replied and she sighed.

“Why do you want me though?”

I looked at Chaerin and mumbled, “It’s just this feeling…that it’s important.”

“I understand. How about that café down the street of school? I usually go there with Daesung afterwards.” She said.

I nodded and sighed, “Sure. I’ll tag along with you after school then?” She mumbled a ‘yes’ and I hung up.

Chaerin stared at me and glared, “Did you ask her on a date or call to talk to her?!” She stomped off and I groaned, calling after her.

“Why does it matter?!” She screamed in agony and I quickly retracted, “Chaerin! Of course I didn’t ask her out on that sort of thing! Why are you so angry today?” I took her arm and pressed her against the wall, smoothing her hands in mine. “Chaerin, don’t be so uptight. Will you seriously calm down?”

She pressed her back to the wall and sighed, “I’m just…not good today-“

“Are you on your cycle?”

Her eyes widened and she hit me, “How could you just ask that?! Oh my god! KWON JIYONG!”

I accepted her punches and when her yells died down, I still probed her, “You are eh?”

“I’m so gonna snap your neck!”

“That didn’t answer my question.” I said.

She stopped and leaned on my back, mumbling, “Yes I’m on my cycle…”

“Ah. I knew it.” I said and smiled at her, turning and sitting on the floor as she stood above me, “You know where to get pads right?”

“Um, your Mom showed me.” She said meekly and sighed, “God! This is so awkward.”

“Only if you make it.” I retorted and stood up, “You’re gonna leave bruises on my back, Chaerin.”

“Sorry.” She smiled nervously at me and hugged me, “I get mood swings so, just deal with it?”

I hugged back, “Yeah. Anything else I should know?” I pulled back and went up the stairs. She slowly followed me and thought back.

“I get cramps. But that’s it, and I’m almost done. You won’t have to put up with that stuff.” She finally said and entered my room with me. Her slim body made way to my book shelf and she looked through, “So tomorrow you’ll be gone longer?” She sounded disappointed, but I did too.

“Yeah. Hopefully not for that long.” I checked the time and wrinkled my brows, “Where are my parents?”

Chaerin stopped and looked at me, worry on her face that made me want to cuss like she wasn’t even in the room, “I…I don’t know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A;N: BIG BANG'S COMEBACK IS IN APRIL. But considering it's YG Ent. we're talking about...it could by April of 2020 ._. STILL, I'm so excited and pumped!!! Lol, I don't know, could be just me...(.^_^.)

-TAIwin