Chapter 16

A Story of Fangs and Clans

We walked out into an abandoned part of the field and the girls looked at me. They both knew what I was thinking of. But what surprised me was that Seunghyun and Youngbae seemed to know as well. We stopped at the same time and Bom turned to me, “Jiyong…”

“Save your bull.” I waved my hand and turned to Seunghyun and Youngbae, “How do you know?”

“They told us…” Youngbae said.

I pointed to my trusted Noonas, “How could you do such a thing?! Your Clan makes me sick!”

Seunghyun gripped my shoulder, his piercing gaze deep in mine, “Watch it Ji.”

I threw him off and he flew back and hit a tree. Bom cried out for him but I yelled, “AND YOU TWO!” I pointed to Youngbae and him, “You’re betraying your rulers?! Your King?!”

“You’re not the ing King!” Seunghyun growled.

“No I’m not! But my parents are!” I cried, “And when they’re not around-I AM THE KING.” I felt so hurt and betrayed by my friends, sorry if I’m tough. I ran up and grabbed Youngbae’s collar and shoved him to the ground. Dara called for him as I pushed up his shirt and pressed my hand over his tattoo. His eyes widened and he screamed in pain. My hand seared off his symbol of respect, the binding that kept him in my Clan—gone.

Seunghyun was next. But he put up a fight. I don’t know what for. They chose their girlfriends over their Clan. I’ll just kick them out. My magic seared through Seunghyun’s shirt and he groaned, even crying as I removed his tattoo. I threw him to the ground. Their skin was raw and red. They looked at me like I was crazy but I sneered, “You bastards. Don’t give me that look… You’re uninvited from my Clan. And Noonas—your approval has been denied.”

I turned back and heard Bom yell, “Where are you going?!”

“Home! I can’t even stand the look of you bastards…”

 

I heard Chaerin yell in surprise as I slammed the front door shut, groaning out loud. I closed my eyes, feeling my temples that were about to burst and the vein on my left arm that was nearly popping. She ran downstairs with a surprised look on her face and looked at her phone, “Jiyong it’s only lunch time. What are you doing here?!”

“Bom and Dara admitted that their family took you guys…” She came down and pulled me off the door, “Seunghyun and Youngbae took their side. So I removed their tattoos.” I grumbled as she made me sit on the couch.

She paused and mumbled, “That must be hard for you. I know that you really trusted those four.”

I shrugged, pulling my hair back, “I…I can’t trust anyone anymore.” I was close to tears but Chaerin turned my face towards hers and she kissed me. The assurance she pressed on my lips made the tears push back. I touched her chin to pull her closer and wrapped my other arm around her waist as she moaned into my mouth.

She moved to sit on my lap and straddled me, “Oppa… You have your true followers still behind you, your family…me.” Her eye-smile was bright and she smoothed her thumb over my sideburns, still grinning, “I’ll always be there for you. I love you.”

I slid my hand up her shirt and she arched her back into my palm, “I love you too, Chae.”

Chaerin smirked and sighed, “Since we have extra hours, let’s go get you a new phone.”

I nodded and kissed her nose, “And you deserve some meat. You must be craving your off for some.”

She shrugged and got off me, “It’s ok. But that sounds nice.” We slipped on our shoes and headed to my Bentley, “After this though, we have to rush right home. Your parents are worried we might get hurt or in trouble.”

“I know. I know, don’t worry baby.” I assured.

We got me a new phone with the same number. Thank God I was able to save my card, I would die trying to put all my contacts back in. Instead of barbecue, Chaerin told me she was craving ramen so we went to the restaurant below us. She ate a big bowl of beef ramen and even picked at my chicken. I didn’t mind, she looked hungry through those sunglasses. I blocked Seunghyun, Youngbae, Bom and Dara from my phone and sighed. Chaerin tugged at the hood over her head, “You ok? You’re not eating a lot.”

I cheekily said, “I want to make sure you have enough to eat.” She hit my arm gently and I laughed, “No. I’m kidding. I just…I’m not that hungry.”

But she shoved a piece of chicken from my bowl into my mouth, “Eat. I don’t want you weak.” I obeyed and smiled, “Good eh?” I nodded. She chuckled and her phone rang as she set her chopsticks back in her bowl. She sighed and pulled out her phone, “Hey Minji what’s up?” She paused for a second and smiled, “I’m at the mall with Jiyong… Why?” I heard Minji’s voice drop into a whisper and Chaerin looked at me, gesturing I get up, “Really?! Oh ! We’ll be there!”

I gulped down the rest of my food and slapped bills onto the table. I took Chaerin’s hand, “What’s wrong?”

“Minji told me that Daesung was checking on your Kwon trainees. He apparently heard the Parks were moving in on them. We have to get there fast.”

“My trainees?” I quipped. My friends were one thing. Now that my closest four betrayed me, my trainees are what mattered most to me—besides Chaerin and my parents. They were like my kids. I raised them, took care of them, trained them. When someone messes with my kids…well…you mess with me.

 

I shut my door and ran up to the building I had made for the trainees. I designed it like a hotel for them, yet they did everything else. It was around three stories big, and twice as wide, with the ambiance of a snowy winter day. There were limited windows, since only full members of the Clan could retrieve a Daylight Jewel, but in the night, I know that they roll in the grass and hang on the tree branches and swings. They were my kids and damn did they act like it. A few unfamiliar cars were in the driveway, which made my heart pound.

“! Is that the Parks’ car?!” I pointed to the Lamborghini and she checked the license plate.

“Yeah. I remember this scratch down here.” She pointed at a long narrow dent in the bumper, “Oh crap. Get inside.” I fished out my keys and slowly unlocked the door, “So, do you think Jay and Teddy just brought themselves?”

I scoffed, “Unless they compelled some other people. But they’re stronger than my ki-trainees.” I caught myself and sighed. The entryway showed definite signs of a struggle. The glass vase that sat on the Baby Grand piano was crushed to the floor, and the wood was chipped at the side. Items were out of place and broken, things were thrown all over. I ran a hand over my scalp, “No…”

A sudden crash was heard downstairs and Chaerin tensed, “What’s down stairs?”

“Basement… Their fighting area.” She pushed me towards the stairs but I pause, “Wait. Stay up here.”

“Are you kidding me?!” She hissed.

I glared and she sighed, “I’m not losing you. Please?”

“Fine. But if I hear you scream I’m coming down there. Got it Kwon?” I nodded and kissed her, leaping down the steps as she went up the stairs to the third floor. I heard loud grunts and groans as I neared the entrance. I checked myself. Unlike Jay and Teddy, Kwons were natural born magical prodigies. I was extremely talented. Hand to hand combat wasn’t my best option, but magic was always my last resort.

Before opening the door to the training area, I peeked inside and focused my hearing in. The glass window let me see all my trainees on the floor, their ankles and wrists tied up. Their faces were flushed and they were sweating. But Teddy and Jay were with Daesung. The poor guy was laid across on his stomach in front of them. The Parks looked like they were asking him questions.

If he replied something they didn’t like, one of them would punch his back. My trainees hated violence; I saw them flinch at the rough contact. Teddy and Jay were both wearing casual clothes, but their gangster style always made me on edge. Snap Backs, loose belts, baggy t-shirts and huge sneakers. I groaned silently. My style was similar to theirs; I had to change it up. I ran forward, pushing the door open, “Yah Teddy!” I called and jumped forward, pushing him to the ground.

Jay grabbed my collar and threw me back, helping up his brother as I scraped my feet against the mats. Hanbin thrashed around in his confinements, “Hyung!” Daesung stood up and punched Jay in the chest, getting down quickly to push Teddy off his feet.

“Jiyong… Where are your parents? We expected them first.” Jay said, breathing heavily.

“None of your business. You mess with these kids, you mess with me.” I growled and lunged, knocking Teddy back onto his side. I punched his face, “I don’t need back up.”

Jay ran up behind me but I pushed off Teddy’s hip and kicked him in the face. Daesung was loosening up Minho’s ropes and once the little freak was free, he ran up to me with a big smile on his face, “I’ll take Jay.” I nodded and he head-butted the other Park into the wall. Teddy grabbed onto me and rolled us, punching me in the chest roughly. I gasped, trying not to scream.

I took a grip on his shoulders and flung him to a wall. Daesung let Seungyoon go. I pointed to Minho and Jay, “Go to them! I’m not finished with him.” Teddy was the older Park brother; he has most rights to the Clan. I grabbed him, “Why’d you hide the Lees?”

He smirked, “Oh. Why should I tell you? It’s not like it’ll affect you in any way.” He paused, “Oh wait. I heard you’re keeping little Chaerin.” His smirk disgusted me, “Is she here?”

I threw him back to the ground, “Tell me. You were their ally! You followed them and they trusted you… How can you look at yourself in the mirror and smile?”

Teddy just put on a bitter smile and sighed, “How much do you know about Chaerin? You know what type of guys she liked?”

“What does that have to do with anything?” I mumbled.

He threw his head back, sighing loudly, “You know how she likes Kings?” I didn’t respond, “Well her father saw us Parks. Me and my brother. I’m significantly older than her, but Jay was close to her age. He engaged them.” The thought made me somewhat sick to my stomach, but I let him go on. Why hasn’t Chaerin told me about that? “Jay didn’t really love her. But he tried to make best of the situation. Chaerin however wanted nothing to do with him and refused every bit of herself to stay away from us.” He smirked, “She said she sensed danger.”

“Chaerin…didn’t tell me about that.”

“I think she just didn’t want to remember it herself.” He said, “Anyway. She grew to loathe us, while the rest of her family supported the marriage. But even Seungri didn’t like us.” I tried to move, but to be honest; I wanted to hear more, “After a while, Jay started to really fall for her. She just didn’t want him. He tried a lot to please her. It just wasn’t enough. Then out of the blue, she cancelled the marriage. But that was only the breaking point of our reason to get rid of the Lees.”

He stood up and I took a hold of his neck, “You’re bluffing.”

“Am I? Ask her.” He groaned and pushed me off, “You’re just falling under something far too complex for your own mind Jiyong. See you…soon.” Jay pushed off Minho and Seungyoon like they were dolls and stood with his brother.

He saluted me and smiled smugly. , they were getting out slowly. I kicked something as I moved and looked down. I took up the javelin and hurled it in front of them. Teddy held a hand to his heart, surprised before looking at me. I growled at them, “Get out of my house. Now.” They ran off and I helped Daesung loosen the ropes. Seunghoon fell back, groaning and rubbing his wrists, “You all ok?”

“Yeah. Thanks Hyung.” Seunghoon stood up and cautiously said, “That girl we saw you with two days ago… Was that Lee Chaerin?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: OMG. YG posted a picture of 'WHO'S NEXT?' with a damn BOMB on it!! When it explodes (on April 1st), it's gonna be a BIG BANG :D

-TAIwin