Chapter 7

A Story of Fangs and Clans

I returned home with Chaerin still knocked out. I guess Seunghyun and/or Bom complained about sleep, because their tire tracks were old when we left. I parked the car and went to carry Chaerin. Mom and Dad were home. I opened the door and saw Dad also writing in a notebook. He looked up, “Uh? Son? What did you do to the poor girl?”

“She was freaking out, so I calmed her down. She’s tired, so I’m gonna go set her in her room.” He nodded and I pushed open the door with my hips, setting her down in her bed and bent down to kiss her head. She stirred as I pulled the blankets over her and I exited. “How was interrogating the Parks?” I asked, sitting across from Dad.

He sighed, “We couldn’t get much out. They were onto us. But I noticed that they had a few souvenirs from Japan. I asked about it and they said that they got it after a ‘business trip’ about one hundred years ago.” He smiled, “Suspicious huh?”

“A bit. Yeah.” I said and heard Mom coming down the steps, “ I thought Japan would be the place Seungri would lay. Paris for Mr. and Mrs. Lee.”

Mom called out, “Wrong!”

“Mom?”

She chuckled, “I’m almost one hundred percent positive that Mr. and Mrs. Lee are in the U.S.”

I blinked and wagged my finger, “Chaerin thought Sanghyun looked familiar.”

“Did you interrogate Dara and Bom?”

“No. When Chaerin and I went to her home, Seunghyun, Youngbae, Bom and Dara were suddenly outside the barrier.” Mom and Dad looked at each other questioningly and I nodded, “It’s true. Teddy had called them earlier and told them you two were in Pusan. I doubt the guys know what’s going on though. They said they needed to get through the barrier. Bom-noona and Dara-noona would try everything they could to get what they want. We stayed the night in there.”

Mom sighed and rubbed her temples, “Those girls…What about today?”

“After school. They want to join the Clan. But it’s so sudden…I’m thinking that they’re trying to show loyalty to get on the inside. To wipe their sleet clean. Understand?”

They nodded and Dad spoke, “On any circumstances can you not allow those girls into our Clan. We may even have to question Seunghyun and Youngbae.”

Mom touched my shoulder, “I know how badly you trust those boys. But we can’t trust anyone right now. Not until we find out what’s going on. Do you understand me, Jiyong?” I nodded. She patted my back and ruffled my hair, “Now then. Get ready for school, you’re gonna be late again.” I stood and slipped into Chaerin’s room. I left the keys to my Bentley on the desk beside her and went to change.

 

I had no idea Minji went to my school. But there she was in the cafeteria, sitting with another Kwon follower, Daesung. He smiled at me and waved. Minji turned back and tensed at the sight of me. I smiled and waved back. Daesung was more of a background follower, but we got along well. What relation does he have to the Minji girl? Seunghyun came up to nudge me and Daesung continued with his talk with Minji.

I walked with Seunghyun to the field outside and he tossed around a football with Youngbae. I sat in the middle, like I usually did and jumped at the perfect time, clutching the ball to my chest. “Ho! Nice one Ji!” Seunghyun complimented. I high-fived him and checked the time. Chaerin should be here soon.

“Hey man. Why are you checking the time so frequently?”

I looked at him, “I’m going out to lunch with someone. Should be here-“ I saw my car pull up and smiled, tossing the ball over my head, “I’ll see you guys later.”

“OOH! SOMEONE HAS A DATE!” Bom screamed.

I ignored her and hurried into my Bentley, Chaerin sighing, “Those are some friends you got there.”

“Hey. This was before I knew they had something to do with your disappearance.” I said and buckled my seatbelt, “I should’ve considered you learning how to drive before I gave you the keys to my baby.”

She laughed and changed gears, “Your baby? So does that mean you trusted me anyway with her?”

I raised a brow, “Don’t make this into an awkward situation. I’m hungry-and craving ramen.”

Chaerin cooed, “That sounds good. Tell me where.” She pulled out and drove off onto the road, “Oh wait, is it that one?” She took a hand off of the wheel and pointed. I nodded and she pulled in, slipping glasses on and the hood up.

My hoodie and favorite sunglasses, “You really like my stuff huh?”

“It fits. And it’s comfy.” She insisted, walking up to the restaurant. I opened the door and she stepped in first. “Hey-those are the scouts that attacked me a few days ago.” She said, turning to hide behind my back.

“It’s ok. I got it.” I reassured and walked up to them. My eyes turned red as I spoke to Myungsoo, “Lee Chaerin and I will dine here, but afterwards, you can’t say a word about this. Not unless you want to be shunned and kicked out of my Clan.” He nodded, his face suddenly pale. I smiled and let Chaerin sit down.

She sighed and flicked the tip of the menu, “I just want something warm in my stomach!” She said and looked at me, “What’s good here?”

“Everything.” I admitted. She smiled at me and I looked back at her, “Don’t worry. Myungsoo knows what I like. He’ll get you something good too.” She nodded. “How are you feeling? You were a little…distraught last night.”

“I feel a lot better.” She replied quietly, “I’m sorry for ing out on you. I just…that dream was really hitting where it hurts and…I just miss my family.”

I placed a hand over hers and nodded, “I’m gonna do what I can to find your family members. It might take a while, but I promise I’ll find them.”

“Thank you Jiyong…” She leaned forward to kiss my cheek and placed a hand on the other side of my face. We stayed that close for a little, and I didn’t know why at first. But I liked the skin ship so much-I smiled and turned as red as my eyes.

 

Seunghyun had help from Youngbae to drag me back to his place. Bom and Dara came with us. I made myself at home, bowing to Mr. and Mrs. Choi, and to his older brothers, Dongwook and Siwon. I shrugged, “Where’s Zelo?”

“Oh. The kid’s out hunting with his friends.” Siwon replied, “We’re about to go check on them. See you guys later.” He and Dongwook left on foot while their parents took a car.

Youngbae sighed, “I need some blood. Hey, Seunghyun. Where’s your stash?” They went to grab some bags and I sat with Bom and Dara in the living room. Now I can check with them.

I sat closer to both of them and looked at them in the eyes, quickly saying, “Tell me everything you and your family know about the disappearance of the Lee Clan. I have a feeling it’s a lot. Right?”

Bom spoke, “We’re just trying to cover up our tracks.”

“So you and your family. They attacked the Lees?”

“Of course not us.” Dara gestured to her and Bom, “But Teddy, Jay, Sanghyun and a few others.”

I sighed, “Where’s Seungri and his parents?” Steps were coming up fast and I cussed. I didn’t get much. But I guess for now-I got enough, “You won’t remember this moment between us.” I leaned back and looked up at Seunghyun, “Hyung. A positive.” He tossed me a bag and I drank it greedily. Bom and Dara blinked before smiling and accepting their bag.

“So Ji, tell them about the rules will ya?”

I nodded and sighed, “Number one rule is to always obey my parents or me. And-unless you guys don’t have a clean slate, we’re not gonna pin any crimes against you.” They looked at each other and nodded, “We’re a family in this Clan, if you can’t handle that then you’ll be kicked out. Meetings will be random, but if you complain, we’ll question your intentions. In the Kwon Clan, we’re also big on knowing history-such as following past orders and actions of the Original Lees.” They tensed and I continued, “If you’re accepted, you need this tattoo.” I pointed to my arm.

“So Seunghyun and Youngbae have these too?”

I nodded, “But theirs are less discreet since it’d be a bit weird to see giant tattooed Ks on them.” Seunghyun lowered his long sleeve collar and revealed his tattoo. Youngbae raised his shirt too and the K was on his side. “Also…if you wanna be in this Clan, you gotta know that my parents or I get to decide who stays, who leaves and who gets in. At the moment, my parents are being a little in a bad mood, so there’s a possibility they won’t accept you right now.” I sighed, “Rules will come and leave as you go.”

“You guys are a strict Clan though. Right?” Bom asked.

I shrugged, “We’re old school.” I stood up and sighed, “I should get going. Mom and Dad want me home early…” The truth is, during lunch with Chaerin, I promised to buy her a phone at the mall.

“Ok Ji! Thanks-“ Seunghyun stood, “Oh wait. Did you get any stones ready?”

I froze. I completely forgot about that, “Sorry. I couldn’t get to it recently. Lots of stuff going on, you know. I’ll bring it by around tomorrow or the day after.” They smiled and Seunghyun waved to me from the door. We lived a few streets apart from each other, but I was still cautious on what they could find out. I made my way home and called for Chaerin.

Mom looked up from her notes she was writing, “Chaerin is reading in your room. She says she likes it more in there.”

I rolled my eyes, “God. I hope she isn’t trying on my clothes!” I hissed, running up the steps. Mom was heard giggling behind me, but I didn’t pay attention. I opened my bedroom door to find Chaerin with her legs up against the headboard of my bed, a book in her arms and she turned to me. She smiled.

“Hi Jiyong.”

“Why don’t you call me ‘Oppa’?” I asked, crossing my arms.

She shrugged, “Because…I don’t wanna.”

“Yeah. I get it… Why are you in my room anyway? Facing the opposite direction?” I gestured to her body and she chuckled.

“I like it in here. The overall feel of it.” She said, and set her legs under her body, “Can we go shopping?”

I nodded, “Yeah. Let’s go.” She squealed in joy and dropped the book on my bed, skipping ahead of me, “YAH! Next time put the book away!” I grumbled and grabbed it. I wrinkled my brows. Odd. She was reading her own family history. I placed it in my shelf and went downstairs, “Hey. Chaerin?”

“Mm?”

“You were reading your family history book?” She frowned, “How come?”

She shrugged and sighed, “Um…I wanted to know if everything was accurate, and how people wrote and spoke of us. Just curious about it.” I guess I could understand, “Mrs. Kwon. Jiyong and I are going to the mall. Would you like anything?”

Mom smiled at her, “Uh, no thank you Chaerin. Be careful though. Oh, Jiyong.” She stretched over, “Your father is going to get ingredients for dinner. So be back by five-thirty to help. Ok?” I nodded and Chaerin and I left.

She pulled up the sunglasses again and I scoffed, “Woman! You keep wearing my favorite shades!”

“Well…they’re becoming my favorite.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter's up~! Thanks everyone for subscribing and reading :)

-TAIwin