Chapter 11

A Story of Fangs and Clans

My heart was beating really fast. Panic was starting to overwhelm my senses and all I could think about were my parents. I dialed their numbers for literally the twentieth time and my heart sank deeper into my chest when they didn’t answer again. Chaerin was behind me, rubbing my back which is what kept me from running around screaming.

Her legs wrapped around my waist and she pressed her cheek against my spine as I held my head low. She didn’t say anything, which made her comfort a little something more. I stayed on that couch for a long time, and Chaerin stayed with me. I finally spoke, “I’m onto those Parks.”

She held my shoulders and mumbled back, “Don’t. We don’t have solid evidence.”

“I’ll get ing solid evidence!” I snarled and stood up, walking into the kitchen. “First it’s you-the Lees. Now it’s my parents and then me next. And then you when they find out you’re back from the dead!” I hit the countertops, bruises coming and going, “Next it’ll be anyone who finds out or has suspicions! Then-they’ll do whatever the Hell they wanted to do in the first place!!”

Chaerin went back to me and grabbed my arm, pushing me back a little. That ignited my anger but I let her speak, “Jiyong. Please don’t be so irrational. I know you’re upset but please stay with me.” I hated the way she was speaking so calmly. I ignored the concern for me in her eyes and looked at the door. She practically read my mind, “Kwon Jiyong, don’t you-!”

I ran outside anyway. It was starting to rain, but I was so mad right now. I wanted to go straight to Pusan and punch both of those Park leaders right in the face. I mean-what am I doing right now? Chaerin came out and jumped on me, making me groan and push her, “Get off me!” I felt my eyes turn red.

Hers turned amber and she got back on me again, sitting on my abdomen and squeezing her nails into my shoulder, “Oppa please. What’s it gonna take for you to calm down?!”

I said gravely, “My parents.”

“Oppa. I know that they’re missing right now. But seriously, please keep yourself together… What if I help you find them?”

I shook my head, quickly saying, “No. You can’t!” I moaned in slight pain as she gripped my skin, a little surprised.

“Why not?” She asked, not getting the god damn point.

I sat up, the damp grass had soaked my back and through my shirt but I spoke, “I am not losing you to them! What if someone sees you?!” I groaned and she gripped my shirt tighter.

“I’m tougher than I look Jiyong! You’re really out of it right now…”

“No Chaerin. No. I can’t risk losing you.” She was getting angry too and I was sick of being angry today. I yelled though, but I didn’t mean it, “I am not losing another person in my kingdom! Especially you Lee Chaerin!” I grabbed her, racing back into my house and pushing her on the couch, “You are going to stay here while I go search for them! If you’re gone-out of this house and I can’t find you, I swear to God I will kill myself!”

 

Nowhere. I couldn’t find my parents anywhere. I will spread word about their disappearance in the morning-but I was so tired, I went home. I opened the door and saw that Chaerin wasn’t on the couch. I nearly screamed. But I went up to my room and saw her on my bed, in her pjs cuddling with my pillow and blanket. I sighed and went to her, noticing her puffy eyes and tear stains across her face and my pillow.

Guilt struck me hard. Did I yell at her that badly that it made her cry? I climbed into bed beside her and shook her gently, “Chaerin…wake up.”

She opened her eyes and pressed her face back into my pillow, wiping her eyes with her thumb, “I’m sorry I made you mad.”

Aw crap. I made the girl sit up and she cuddled into my arms as I spoke lowly, “Chaerin…I feel guilty for making you cry. God I’m such an .” I kissed her head, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Of course I forgive you Oppa.” She replied and hugged my torso hard, like she was scared of letting me go back outside, “I understand how it feels…” Yeah, she did. I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry at the predicament we were in. Chaerin looked at me with those beautiful eyes and smiled, “I promise we’ll find them.”

“I already promised we’d find your family too; don’t try to sound all cool.” She giggled and her head went under my neck, hands at my shoulders. “It’s late. Go to sleep.” I said, standing up.

Chaerin raised her brows at me and blinked, “Are you not going to sleep?” She asked me.

I paused and smiled, “I’m hungry. I’ll be right back.”

“Bring me something too please?” She batted her eyelashes cutely at me and I nodded, heading down into the basement. I opened my section up and pulled out two bags. I paused and stared at my parents’. I opened up their container and gasped. Nearly their entire stash was gone. On the wall of the container, a sticky note was placed. It was a little frosted as I plucked it off and read it:

Jiyong,

Something happened that made us have to leave. You and Chaerin were creating Daylight Jewels, too busy to notice us as we were leaving. But your Mom thinks she cracked out something huge about the Lees’ disappearance and the Parks’ reason behind it. Don’t worry, we’re fine. We’ll be back as soon as we can.

-Dad

. That makes me even guiltier about yelling at Chaerin. But I let out a gasp of relief and hopped upstairs, smiling. Chaerin pointed at me, “You’re being creepy.”

“I found a note in my parents’ blood section. They left somewhere to figure out what the Parks wanted with your family out of the way.”

“I-I’m glad they’re ok then.”

My smile faded and I handed her the blood bag, “Don’t be upset. We’ll find your family Chaerin. I swear.”

She smiled at me and leaned in to kiss my cheek, “I know you will.” We drank quickly and threw the bags away. I sat back down with my back facing her, and Chaerin hugged me and kissed my nape, smiling, “Don’t think I’m not tough Oppa.”

“Never again.” I said, lying on my side. Her soft pants went against my waist and she my hair, probably smiling. I closed my eyes at the sensation and sighed, “That feels good.”

“Yeah?” She asked and hugged me tighter, “I feel so natural like this…I don’t use a lot of skin ship to be honest.” Her lips were next to my ear now and I felt like I was about to explode full of emotions. Chaerin just sighed and poked my back, “Turn towards me. I don’t like being a spoon.” I chuckled and obeyed, slipping my arms around her waist and pulling her close. She moaned lowly and traced a vein on the arm around her hip.

This wasn’t something I’d do with other girls, or with anyone. So why am I so close to Chaerin in the same bed, about to fall asleep due to her comforting warmth? I wonder how she feels, tracing my arm and breathing so heavily. Is her heart beating in sync with mine? Is her mind as fuzzy as mine? Are her thoughts wondering the same thing? I wanted to know. But the smell and feel of her made me fall into a deep sleep. Shame, I wanted to talk more with her.

 

My eyes opened and I tried to move myself, but a body was in my way. I groaned softly and face-palmed myself. “Chaerin…” My voice was husky and low, so I cleared my throat and spoke louder, “Chaerin. Wake up.”

Her arm hit mine, “Shut up, Oppa. I’m tired.” She snapped.

I smirked and laughed a little, “Chaerin. Get up; I swear I’ll kick you out.”

“NO.” She grabbed onto my waist and scraped her nails up and down my back, “No Oppa…let me sleep please.”

“Get out. I have to change for school.”

“Psh. School my . You have a bathroom.” She said and pointed to the door. I grabbed her hips and pulled her over my shoulder, making her squeal with surprise, “OPPA. Put me down!”

I went down the staircase, “Nope. You disobeyed me.” I sighed like this happened every day and opened up to the guest room to set her on the bed. But she wrapped her legs around my waist, preventing me to leave. I scoffed at her and held her ankles, “Chaerin. Let me go.”

“No Oppa. You’re being mean.” She jutted out her bottom lip to me, in an attempt so I’d be nicer probably. Chaerin suddenly pulled me closer and wrapped her arms around my neck, “Do you have to go to school?” She whined.

I rubbed her arms and gulped, “Well…yeah. I always go. And afterwards, I have to talk to Minzy.”

She groaned, “Can’t you just do that later?” I shrugged and she continued, “Without your parents around, I’ll be so bored alone.” She whined and shook me, “Stay with me Oppa. Please? I don’t wanna be alone.” She bit her lip and ran her fingers in my hair.

I groaned and tossed my head back, sighing and then coming back to look in her eyes, “Sometimes I think you just do this to bug me.”

“No! I’m serious!” And her gaze softened a little as she smiled at me and leaned her nose on my chest, “I just don’t wanna be alone. Please?”

I pushed a strand of hair behind her ears and smiled, “I guess one day isn’t gonna hurt me.” She let me go and smiled, going down and coming back up, “What do you want to do? It’s still early.” I said and crouched on the ground.

She tapped her chin, “Where’s a good spot to relieve stress?”

“I know just the place.” I told her and sighed, “But you might wanna change into shorts or something…”