MC 12

A Story of Fangs and Clans

We ran to the bottom of South Korea. It wasn’t supposed to be a race, but she ended up winning anyway. In my defense, she purposely bumped into me and I landed against a tree. That girl… She’s definitely something. But I managed to catch up with her and stop her from jumping into the ocean. “Oppa. Tell me, where are we going?”

I pointed out into the horizon, “Ever ran across water before?”

Her eyes lit up, “When I was a kid in the U.S., I loved freaking out tourists by running across lakes. But…it has been a while. So where we’re going is across the water?”

I nodded and sighed, “Jeju… You know that place?” She waved her hand side to side. “It’s beautiful there. Come on. Let’s see how fast you can really go.”

She scoffed, “It’s not a race Oppa.”

I rolled my eyes and spat jokingly, “Yet, you have to win.”

“It’s a habit.” She admitted and sprinted into the water. I ran after her. It felt good to have these gentle sprays against my legs, all I could see was water, so I just kept running. I could feel my heart pound into the back of my chest and head throbbed along with it. Chaerin was a blur in the distance, but she gradually grew bigger as I neared her. I could already hear her panting. She looked beside me and called out, “Wouldn’t want to get your pretty little self wet, now would you?”

I smirked and pushed myself a little more, “Just worry about yourself, Chaerin.”

She seemed pleased with that answer and sighed, “You wanna see how fast I can go?” I shrugged and dodged a jutting rock, “Ok.” Her eyes went amber and she sprinted forward, making me cry out in surprise. A slight red color evaded my vision. I sped after her.

More rocks came into view and I realized we were close. I shouted her name but she didn’t notice. I sprinted and jumped, a blur of gray catching us. She squealed again and we landed in the sand, groaning and my hands tightly coiled themselves around her waist. She let out a light sigh and felt the sand between her fingers, “This is nice…”

“Just wait until you feel the water.” I pulled her up, carrying her bridal style and she shot me a death glare.

“You dare and I will snap your neck!”

“You wouldn’t dare do that.” I cooed and took off my shoes with my feet, smiling at her, “It’s not that cold, I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep.” She warned.

I shook my head, “Oh. No, I keep my promises.” She kicked off her shoes while still looking into my eyes, “Have I ever told you that your eyes are possibly the most beautiful shade of amber I have ever seen?”

She blushed, “No. You should have though.” I chuckled and she touched my chin, “And red kinda turns me on.” Her voice was beautifully smooth and husky now.

“Does it? I should stay like this a lot more often.” I took out my electronics and set them beside my shoes. She did the same.

“Yeah…it really clashes with your dark locks.” She said, roughly pulling her fingers through my hair. I couldn’t help but let out a soft sigh as her hand left my scalp burning. “So will you put me down?” She asked sweetly.

I thought about it teasingly and shook my head, walking back towards the water, “Nah.”

“Oppa!” She held onto me as I tried to toss her into the water. She ended up dragging me down too, but I didn’t mind. We created a pretty big splash and got completely soaked in salt water, the sound of my laughter filled our ears. I was happy. And it’s not like I haven’t been happy before. But it’s been a long time since my cheeks hurt from smiling too much. And then my emotions went into overdrive. Chaerin stood up in the water and whipped her wet hair back, showing off the shirt that was now ing see-through.

I looked at her, my smile turning into a tight line that had trouble gulping down my saliva but she either didn’t notice or was amused to see me so speechless even for a minute. I floated above the surface, looking at her, wanting to touch her. So I did. I took the back of her knees into my hands and pulled her towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and our now thin clothing felt extremely irritating.

“Your skin is smooth.” That was all I could say. What else was there? I stood, my body dripping wet and the harsh wind made it cold, but I asked her, “Are you cold?”

“No…”

I smirked, “Do you trust I keep my promises then?”

“Yeah, sure.” She stared at my mouth for a second and then back up to my eyes. I brightened my red eyes and she smiled, “You know how I said red ?” I nodded and she gripped the back of my neck, “God damn I meant it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: WARNING-the next chapter will contain ual content...like a lot, so please read on with caution. I think I'll make that stuff a different color so those who want to read without getting awkward can still read about what's going on in the story... Thanks for reading everyone! (.^_^.)

-TAIwin

P.S. Please pray to all of those who were involved/very close with Sojin who was featured on the 'Kara Project'. Recent news says that she committed suicide. I couldn't bring myself to read about it, but it really does make me feel sad... I hope those who experience suicidal thoughts know that there's at least one person who is willing to listen to them, and though I'm not close with anyone on AFF, I am always willing to help others with a problem. Stay strong guys!