8. Rain

Perfectly Imperfect

 

Song of the Day:

 

4Minute Rain

 

(After school)

"Wait what? You and Luhan are working at the cafe together?!" Kai said, nearly choking on his bubble milk tea.

"Yea...it's really weird..." I sighed, sipping on the taro milk tea. hmmm...isn't this also Luhan's favourite flavour.

"Hmm...You said he could afford a really expensive car, his family owns a company and he's your tutor" Kai recalled.

"Yea, his lifestyle is similar to yours. But if he was so rich why would he room with me...don't chaebols all go to fancy hotels and have their own private villas?" You thought. Well atleast that’s what rich people do in mangas, anime, k-drama, movies and what not.

 

"Not this handsome chaebol" Kai winked, indicating himself.

You rolled your eyes and laughed. Two narcissists in my life. Two too many.

Kai checked his watch. "We should get going now, it's getting late".

"Oh yea we should" you looked out the window of the bubble tea shop and saw the clouds darkening. Sigh, I didn’t even bring an umbrella.

 

It was a tiring and stressful day at school and spending some time after school in a bubble tea store was simply heavenly. I have become a bubble tea addict.

"Looks like it's going to rain soon" you muttered, packing up your things and getting up from the table.

"We should hurry" Kai said, grabbing his bag and throwing the trash into to the bin.

 

"I wonder what Luhan's doing at home all by himself" you thought, stepping out of the store onto the hard cement.

 

*pitter patter*

A small raindrop fell on your nose and soon more raindrops fell faster and heavier.

“It’s raining” You said, looking at Kai.

"Let's run" Kai said grabbing your hand.

The both of you ran through the rain laughing.

 

(Meanwhile back at the cost apartment)

Luhan's peered out of your apartment's window and shook his head.

He watched as you and Kai dashed through the rain.

He wrapped his cold fingers around the hot chocolate and sipped slowly

You're late again Min-ah He sighed, blowing a warm breathe onto the glass window pane causing the window to cloud. Luhan's drew a sad face on the clouded part of the window with his index finger.

You left me at home all by myself. 

 

***

“We’re soaked” Kai laughed.

“Yea, better go home and take warm shower” You smiled.

You waved goodbye to Kai as he entered his apartment next door to yours. You were about to insert your keys into the keyhole but the door burst open from the inside.

"You're late" Luhan frowned. "And dripping wet" he pointed at your clothes which were completely soaked.

You took of your jacket and tossed it into the wash.

"Here have this" Luhan said, closing the door behind you and passing you a warm cup of hot chocolate.

 

You sipped the beverage and it completely warmed you to your toes, filling your mouth with a chocolate flavour.

"Mmmm thanks it's really nice. Did you make it." You asked smiling.

"Yup, I decided to go shopping for some food and learn how to make a few drinks you might like since you completely ditched me" Luhan bored his eyes into you as he said his the last few words.

You shrinked back "B-but I had school today! I didn’t ditch you!".

"You could have come straight home after school you bad girl" Luhan said.

"What...wait" you looked at the small lip print on the cup. "Did somebody drink this before me".

Luhan looked away innocently "I only took a small sip for taste testing".

"What?! How could you that's...that's..." You gasped. That's an indirect kiss!!!

"Oh...well...you should take a shower" Luhan smiled.

You face palmed. How can you smile like that straight after you've given me an indirect kiss?! Maybe I'm the only paranoid one around here. Sigh.

 

You grabbed clothes for changing and dumped your school bag onto your desk.

"Next time don't take of your jacket if you have a white shirt underneath" Luhan whispered and smiled creepily.

"What?" You looked at him confused and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind you.

 

Placing your clothes on the bench you looked into the bathroom mirror.

Your white shirt was completely soaked and stuck to your skin, slightly showing the outline and colour of your bra. OMYGOSH!!!

"LUHAN YOU FRICKEN ET!!!!" You yelled in embarrassment and jumped on the spot in frustration.

 

Luhan heard your cries from the lounge and chuckled.

"Can’t help the fact that I have great eyesight you know" he laughed.

 

***

You stormed out of the shower in your pajamas.

“How was your shower? You feeling better now?” Luhan smiled, gesturing you to join him on the couch.

You ignored him and sat down onto the couch.

“Are you going ignoring me?” Luhan laughed.

You turned your face away from him.

“Of course, you et” You huffed.

Luhan shook his head. “I’m not a et. I just have great observation skill”.

You continued to ignore him and the television.

“So..your dad he-“ Luhan said.

“Yes?” You said interrupting him and instantly switching the Television off.

He stared back at you and laughed.

“What? What’s wrong?” You frowned.

“No nothing, I know where you dad is but I don’t think I should bring you there right now…” Luhan said.

“What? Why?” You asked.

“You see, wolves are divided into clans, and within that one big group of wolves, they are further divided into packs to keep peace and order. Everyday problems are taken to the pack leader. Only extremely important matters are supposed to be taken to the clan leader.” Luhan explained.

“But I’m his daughter? Won’t they make an exception even though I’m not in a pack or-“ You started.

“Which brings me to the second point, you’re not a wolf so you can’t enter the wolf clan nevertheless expect the clan leader to talk to you” Luhan sighed.

“But I’m his daughter! That’s a really big difference!” You said.

“The clan leader doesn’t have the best image right now. He left the clan quite a few years ago to pursue your mother….his ‘mate’…and leaving the clan that…it really tarnished the clan’s image. They don’t know he has a daughter, so introducing a halfie to the clan when things have nearly been patched up isn’t the best idea.” Luhan said.

“Why don’t I meet with your pack leader than?” You tried to think of a solution.

“Hmmm...how about you wait until you’re a little bit older?” Luhan asked.

You pouted and tried your best to remember everything Luhan said.

“Yea I guess, is it that bad being a halfie…wait…wolves have mates?” You asked surprised, recalling the part where Luhan talked about your parents.

Luhan sat there in silence.

“Yea…you should go to bed now” Luhan said. “I’ll sleep on the couch tonight”.

“Why’s he so gloomy all of a sudden” You thought.

 

***

 

(Luhan’s POV)

I lay there tossing and turning on the couch as i listened to the clock tick.

Argh! I sat up and pulled my hair. Why can’t I sleep!

“Wait…wolves have mates?” I recalled Min-Ah innocently asking after I brought up the word ‘mate’ accidently. Argh! I shouldn’t have mentioned it.

*Pit* *Pat* *Pit* *Pat*

Who’s there? I tried to speak but nothing came out.

 

I closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping.

I felt something warm and light wrap around my body.

I opened my eyes slightly.

Blankets?

I watched as Min-Ah yawned and walked back into her room.

Ah! She’s so thoughtful...Min-Ah…the blankets even smell like her…

I snuggled in the blankets and fell fast asleep.

 

***

Later that night…

“Achoo!”

I squirmed and opened my eyes.

Min-Ah?

I rolled off the sofa and dawdled into Min-Ah’s bedroom.

 

She was curled up on her bed with only a jacket to keep her warm.

How could she leave the blanket for me when she’s freezing?! Pabo. She's too kind-hearted.

I lifted the blankets onto the bed and softly placed them over her, careful not to wake her up.

Shape-shifting into a baby wolf, I jumped onto her bed.

I’ll just sleep here for tonight…Zzzzz….

 ***
PLZ READ THIS:

I have so many friken assesments from school and it's driving me crazy =_=

So i won't be updating as much :'(

Plz don't unsubscribe and think i'm going to leave this story.

It's just temporary hiatus. I hope you guys get through the first few months of 2015 happily ! XD