12. Forgiving

Perfectly Imperfect

Did you guys hear about Tao leaving? ;'( I saw his list of injuries and photos of his injuries....and that hit me hard. If he is leaving because of how SM treated him and his health then i have to agree with him. We don't want to see our beloved EXO oppas  suffering, vomiting, getting hurt and fainting just to go on stage. We'll be there to support their choices every step of the way~

 

 

I have a meeting to attend at work today,

i left your dad you’re phone number so he can contact you for your shifts,

good luck with you’re quiz today! Fighting!”

-Stinky puppy that had to carry you to bed

 

You read the note that was taped to the bathroom mirror after your morning shower.

“What?! Wait…last night…i fell asleep…” you murmured. “He couldn’t have right….i’m so heavy….how embarrassing…” you blushed, cupping your face with your hands.

Let’s get changed, you have class to attend today” You told yourself.

You walked into the bathroom, slipped into your pants and wriggled into your sweater.

 

“Wait…what’s that?” You asked yourself, looking in the mirror.

Did i bruise myself? I probably slept in some weird position…” You thought.

 

***

 

(Luhan’s POV)

“Luhan-hyung” Tao cried behind me for the nth.

“What’s wrong?” I said for the nth time, glancing up from the keyboard.

“I can’t find the files” Tao whined.

“They are right there Tao, you just have to look harder” I sighed, continuing to type.

“Luhan-hyung~ Help me find them~” Tao continued to whine.

“Tell Kris to help you” I groaned. “I’m really busy, i have two weeks of work to catch up on”

“Not my fault you decided to play ‘live-in tutor’ for someone and become a stalker” Tao snickered. “I might as well tell Min-Ah that you actually-“.

 

“I’ll help you” I blurted. Argh! This panda freak is so good at getting what he wants.

Thanks Luhan~ You’re the best hyung~” Tao grinned.

“Where are the others?” I asked, looking around the small office room.

“Kris-hyung, Chen-hyung and Xiumin-hyung are out helping with the new project” Tao said, watching me dig through the mountain of files.

“Lay?” I asked.

“He’s got a lot of patients today, so he’s still down at our company’s medical branch” Tao smiled. “So you’re stuck with me”.

 

“I don’t need to reminded of this sad reality” I groaned. “Why can’t you be more organised?! Here, the files”.

I passed the orange files to Tao and watched him spin around in his swivel chair like a kid.

Shaking my head, i went back to organising and documenting this months report for Mr. Choi. This company is run by strictly only members of our clan…if Mr. Choi finds out that i have feelings for his daughter will he kick me out? I wonder how he’ll react….

 

“Staring into space, so much for busy” Tao poked his tongue out.

“I’m just thinking…” I replied

“A penny for you’re erted thoughts?” Tao laughed.

“They’re not erted thought for your information”, I glared at him “And we don’t use pennies here.”

“Just so you know hyung…last night….hehehehe….mwahahahahahahaha” Tao started laughing like a maniac.

 

“Last night what?” I froze, trying to look unfazed.

“Well…i kinda stopped time few seconds so that i could kind of creep over to Min-Ah’s apartment….and yea..” Tao continued to laugh.

“And?’ I put on a poker face. There’s no way he knows what happened last night. That panda and his time powers…

I saw you teaching Min-Ah some maths…” Tao grinned.

“That’s all?” I tried to not show any sign of relief.

“Yea” Tao said. “And near her collarbones-“

“Ok…get back to work you slacker!” I turned around and walked back to my desk, trying to hide my flustered face.

Hehe that’s not all that i saw…” Tao thought while a lollipop. “But let’s save that until next time”. Sliding a cabinet under his work desk, he glanced at the photos…hehe i even have video and photo proof Luhan-hyung.

 

****

(Min-Ah’s POV) 

“Pens down” the teacher said.

You passed your paper forward and massaged your neck. I think i did pretty well, thanks to Luhan, he’s actually pretty good at explaining.

How was the mini-test Min-Ah?” Kai asked while you were packing up.

“Pretty good” You smiled.

“That’s good, you seem happy today. Going anywhere? I’m craving chicken, let’s go eat” Kai said.

“You’re hungry again?” You laughed.

“Yea..” Kai bit his lip and smiled. 

Haha he’s so cute” You smiled.

 

 

*Ding!*

“Hm?” You opened your phone and read:

Please report to company immediately, someone will pick you up- Mr. Choi.

Sorry Kai, i’ve got work today” You said. “Why don’t we go next time?”.

“Sure…” Kai gave a small grin which vanished as soon as he turned to walked out.

What should i give as a contact name for my dad?” You thought.

You typed. Nah, what if another employee sees when he calls me…

“Boss” then.

***

 

“Hmm…i wonder if Luhan is picking me up…” You found yourself smiling like an idiot as you waited.

A black car pulled up infront of you and the windows slid down.

“Lu-“ You smiled “Oh…good afternoon Mr. Choi”.

You stared at the man infront of you, dressed in an expensive suit that could pay off months of your rent.

“Min-Ah…would you like to get in” Your dad smiled.

 

No i was expecting Luhan…Thank you for the ride” You muttered and sat in the passenger seat.
Such a luxurious car” You thought, looking around the fancy interior. “I’m tempted to scratch it and piss him off. Wow i’m such a rebel around him”.

“I’m surprised you went out of your way to drive, you could have told someone else to pick me up, perhaps your personal driver” You said with slight sarcasm.

“You don’t have work today just to let you know” Your dad frowned.

“Then can i please get out of the car kind sir?” You said.

 

“That’s no way to talk to your father” He frowned and continued driving.

“When have you ever given my mother and i a chance to even talk to you? Father my ” You narrowed your eyes.

“Seatbelt” Your father tried to stabilise his voice.

“Why are you worried about me? Mother died because you, it doesn’t matter if i die infront of you, you won’t even blink” You said. “You didn’t even come back when she was sick or even after she died”

Your father drove under a bridge and stopped infront of a river.

 

“Is this the part where the kills the girl and dumps her into the river because he turns out to be some psychopath with family problems?” You snickered. 

“You’re like you’re mother Min-Ah, you pretend you’re so strong, you speak with your sharp tongue and say all these things you don’t mean because behind your facade your so gentle and fragile”, He sighed.

You opened your mouth to try offend him but nothing came out.

 

“It took me a long time to muster up enough courage and strength to talk to you today and say what i’m about to say” Your father said.

“You see…i didn’t kill your mother…and i’m sorry about not being there while you grew up” He clenched his fists. “….she died of cancer….”.

You froze in your seat and stared at him. 

“I’m a werewolf and you’re mother is a human, for some reason it was later revealed that she was my ‘mate’….and any form of romantic attraction between werewolves and humans are forbidden because the council is scared that they will find out about our existence.” 

 

“Mate?” I asked, curious.

“Yea…it’s like…um….you’re other half…when you reach your adult years and somewhere around that age…you will meet someone and instantly something switches on in your brain and signals that they are your other half. Mates are matched by fate.” Your dad explained.

“oh…I can’t believe i’m actually opening up to him…nah i’m probably just finding this interesting that’s why i’m listening” You thought.

…Will…i have a mate?” You asked. “Gosh this is so weird…”

Probably, you have a bit wolf blood anyway” He said. 

 

“The council had never experienced a match between a human and a werewolf and they were finding it hard to accept. Soon after your mother gave birth to you, the council summoned me to return immediately. I had no choice but to obey. I found out that my father, in other words your grandfather was reinforcing the idea of not accepting humans. I was not allowed to return to your mother. I never told them about you, otherwise they might have gone to the extent of hunting you down and god knows what they would do to you then.”

“So you stayed there, so that they wouldn’t kill me?” You gasped.

“Yea..basically. I don’t think the council liked any half-breeds, they were though of as impure species. The council thought that one little mistake can mess up their whole system” He sighed. “Your mother agreed to it. It was hard sending people out from the clan that i trusted to try keep an eye on you because they were constantly needed in the company.” 

 

“You mean random people that would pretend they’re giving out freebies and raffles and i would win every single time?” You asked.

“Yea…kind of..and that old lady that pretended she was giving food around the neighbourhood but she was actually only cooking meals for you” Your dad said.

Tears formed at the back of your eyes but you blinked them away.

“You still remember the time’s when things were payed for you at school? Like your school fees, but you didn’t know who?” He asked.

You nodded slowly.

 

“Later i met Luhan, his family were part of the aristocracy in our clan. They worked together and formed packs with other aristocrats to help out the council. Luhan offered to go look for you and help you but i rejected his offer for several years. I found it hard to believe him, what if he harmed you or had another motive? I gave in this year because i realised that your financial problems were growing and you needed someone to help you. I also realised that this year was the perfect year to try introduce you to the clan…because grandfather is weak now and i’m starting to have the power to make new laws and exceptions” He reasoned.

 

“I couldn’t forgive myself for not being there when she passed away. I literally went into depression. Soon after that, i was placed as the clan leader because your grandfather was becoming weak. Until, this day nobody knows about you, except Luhan and a few other people” He sighed.

“I’m sorry for misunderstanding you…” You choked, tears rapidly flowing from your eyes.

“I hope we can forgive each other and move on” He said, squeezing your hand.

 

“Why do you stink of ….male wolves?” Your father suddenly asked. 

“Huh? Is it because Luhan is living with me?” You thought.

“What? He’s living with you?!” He exclaimed.

“Yea, he’s my live-in tutor now” you said “not to mention i have feelings for him…”

 

“Great two wolves with raging hormones under the same roof….they’re the same age as well…no wonder why she only calls him be his name and not Luhan-sshi” He thought.  

“I’ll teach you some….defence…if somebody attacks you…” he mumbled.

“Yea, that would come in handy, so i can beat up that ” You laughed.

“? What ? You were ?!” He shouted.

“No…not really…nearly…” you shrank back into your seat.

“What do mean? Tell me everything!” He said, nearly yelling.

“Nah, i’m sleepy now. Let’s go home” You smiled.

 

For the first time, he saw you smile in years and it somehow reassuring for him. 

“Fine, let’s go home” he gave in. “You have a lot of explaining to do young lady”

“Yea shut up you old fart” You laughed and quickly fell asleep.

****

(Hehe, a random extra for this chapter cos i feel like it, Role-play style, don’t judge my weirdness XD):

 

Mr Choi: “Excuse me Luhan, would you like to explain to me why you are living with my daughter?”

Luhan: *stops typing and looks up at Mr Choi, slightly frightened*

Tao: *Spits out his coffee and starts laughing and rolling around like a panda on weed*

Luhan: “Well sir…i….we’re roomates…..kind of…i’m her live-in tutor”

Mr Choi: “There’s no such thing as a live-in tutor” 

Luhan: “Aaaaannnnnddd the financial report for this month is-“

Mr Choi: “Hey listen to your boss!” 

Luhan: “The profits are commendable and the new project we are starting on is quite-“

Mr Choi: “Hey stop! And you! *points at Tao* Stop eating, using up so much storage space to store photos of clothing and toys and do some work!”

Tao: *Drops lollipop* *Picks it up again* *looks around sheepishly* “Five second rule…”

Luhan: *shakes head in disapproval*

Mr Choi: “And would you care to explain how my daughter nearly got ?!” 

Tao: *Spits out lollipop onto Mr Choi’s face* *Dies laughing*

Luhan: *Tries to keep composure*

Mr Choi: “My image of a cool, respectable boss….ruined…by two wolves with raging hormones…” *sulks in a corner*

 

Hehe hello guy’s i hope you are all liking my updates. This chapter was kinda tense and not much fun cos it was all gloomy and the ‘revelation of the dark past’ XD whatever you want to call it. So i decided to brighten up the mood with an ‘extra’ in roleplay style XD

(I keep inventing random things but whatever) 

I’m so Fab~

Remember to tell me in the comments if you want more tiny ‘extras’ that are sorta like roleplays written by me XD 

(Please excuse how random and crazy i am :P)

Also remember to comment, subscribe or upvote! Don’t be a silent reader!

Cos Minho is watching you~