6. Childish

Perfectly Imperfect

*There’s going to some new side characters! Hope you like them!*

Luhan’s POV

“Shhh!” I frowned, punching Tao.

“Ow! What’s that for” Tao groaned.

“They’ll hear us, you stupid” I hissed, pointing at Min-Ah and Kai casually walking together and laughing.

“It’s such a bother coming out here” Tao groaned.

“Shh!” I frowned at him again.

 

(20 minutes ago in a group chat)

Luhan: I know u guys like trolling so...

Chen: XD 

Luhan: Everyone meet at that Ice Cream shop we went to last time.

Xiumin: The 1 with the ajumma?

Luhan: Yes, Now!

Tao: But I don’t wanna go~

Lay: R u shopping at Gucci again?

Tao: Well…yeah…

Kris: ….i’m drawing…

Luhan: No time for Gucci tao,  get ur here right now!

***

(Still Luhan’s POV)

“Shh! How many times do I have to tell you to shut up?” I growled at Tao.

“It’s not like I wanted to come” Tao frowned.

I watched as Min-Ah and Kai sat down at the icecream shop.

Kai said something and pulled out the chair for Min-Ah.

I continued to watch as they ordered and chatted.

“This is so boring…” Tao whined.

“Shh! Watch this” Luhan said.

“OMO! Are you Kai-Oppa?” A squealing girl asked.

“You are really handsome” Her friend blushed.

“Of course, he isn’t famous in our neighbourhood for no reason” Her other friend said.

“Um…this isn’t the best time..” Kai awkwardly said.

“I heard you broke up with your girlfriend” Another girl said.

Soon, more and more girls began circling around the table.

“Can I have your phone number?” A girl shamelessly asked.

I looked at Min-Ah, who awkwardly sat in her seat.

Sigh…

 

Xiumin, pretending to buy icecream, walked into the store with a can of coke.

Squishing and squirming through the crowd, Xiumin stood near Min-Ah.

“Hey I think I’ve seen you somewhere before” Xiumin innocently smiled.

“Um..sorry but I don’t recall meeting you” Min-Ah replied, confused.

“Really I thought-“ Xiumin said, purposely let the girls push him.

*SPLASH*

The coke spilled everywhere over Min-Ah’s jacket.

“Oops” Xiumin said. “I think it’s best if you went home and got changed. I’m so sorry”.

Kai frowned.

“All of you get lost, I’m trying to enjoy my afternoon with someone special”.

“You really should go home and change” Xiumin whispered to Min-Ah.

“What? Why is she special” one of the girls pouted.

“Get lost” Kai growled, shooting daggers at them.

Scared, they walked out of the store.

Min-Ah, sighed and took of her jacket.

“I’m so sorry” Xiumin said. “Go home…change…home is a nice place...home is nice...go home...”.

“Get lost, that means you too” Kai angrily said.

Xiumin walked out of the store and walked toward me.

 

“You made me look like a freak" Xiumin frowned.

“Yea, Luhan-hyung is so mean” Tao whined.

“Shut-up, panda-face” I said, annoyed.

“I’ll be going now” Xiumin said.

“Me too!” Tao said, bouncing happily.

“Yea, take that damn Gucci addict out of here” I rolled my eyes.

***

(Min-Ah’s POV)

“I’m really sorry” Kai said, taking off his jacket and putting it around you.

“Don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault”, you smiled.

“You actually look good in my jacket” Kai grinned.

“Really?” You said, surprised.

“Yup, let’s go somewhere away from those crazy girls” Kai chuckled.

***

(Messaging again)

Just how childish r u Luhan? Seriously.

Whatever, just do what I told you to do and don’t stuff up.

***

“Yah! You there!” A young man ran toward me.

“Me?” you asked.

“Yes you and that man accompanying you” the young man smiled.

“Is there anything wrong?” Kai frowned, about to put his arm around you.

The young man quickly grabbed Kai’s arm and put it around his own shoulder.

Kai looked at the young man weirdly, his arm resting on his shoulder.

“We’re having a free tarot card reading trial, would you like to come?” The young man smiled.

“I’ve never been to a tarot card reading….why don’t we go Kai?” you asked.

Kai nodded.

***

(Inside a tent in the middle of a park)

This doesn’t really look like an official tarot card reader’s business…” Kai doubted.

“My name is the Chen and this is Lay, the tarot card reader. Sitting in the chair over there (only a few centimetres away) is Kris. He’s not going to do much since he’s such a lazy ” the young man said.

Kris shot lasers at Chen through his eyes and continued drawing on his canvas.

“Let’s begin the tarot reading, I believe it’s fate that brought you both here…more like Luhan’s immaturity” Lay smiled, taking out a deck of tarot cards.

“Let’s play the Five card Horseshoe spread” Lay continued. He shuffled the cards and spread them out on the table, facing down.

“Choose five” he said, looking at you.

After randomly choosing five, he ordered you to keep them facing down and place them in any order you wanted.

“This is so exciting” you smiled.

“Glad you like it” Kai laughed.

“Each card represents the Present Position, the Present Desires, the Unexpected, the Immediate Future and the Outcome.” Lay whispered, giving you the chills.

Lay turned your first card over.

 

“Your present position is….The fool” He said.

“Is that a bad thing..?” You asked.

“You have to change whatever feelings and mindsets you have right now because they will lead you to a bad outcome, just like the man in the card approaching the cliff without any realisation” Lay quietly said.

“Whatever feelings or mindsets….change them…or they’ll lead you into destruction…” Chen repeated eerily.

"This is really fishy...this isn't tarot reading..Min-Ah didn't say anything about relationships..." Kai thought

Lay continued to flip the second card.

“Present Desires- Page of Pentacles…hmmm…” Lay said. “Looks like you’re studying really hard”.

Flipping the third card, Lay gasped and dropped the card onto the table.

Chen gasped, “Terrible! Terrible!”

“What? What’s wrong?”  You asked.

“The Unexpected is the Ten of Sword” Lay gasped.

You looked at the card and froze. This isn't real, they're just playing cards You thought. 

 

“It’s another sign that you must change your feelings quickly for whoever you like right now. He will bring you pain, affliction, tears, sadness and a card of violent death.” Lay said.

“Change your feelings quickly…this is the first time I’ve seen two cards shooting the same meaning. You have to be extremely careful Min-Ah” Chen nodded.

Kai tutted sarcastically and Lay glared at him. 

“You’re next card, the immediate future is…” Lay said, flipping the fourth card “Ten of Cups” .

You peered at the card to see something that seemed quite nice. Phew.

“If you change your feelings, you will have a happy future with another man. This card expresses contentment and the perfect of human love” Lay smiled.

You felt yourself breathing again. I can’t believe I held my breath for so long…I must have been really scared.

“Now, last but not least, the outcome”. Lay said.

You waited for him to flip the card.

“Flip it” Lay said.

“M-me?” You asked.

He nodded.

Flipping the card you saw a hand and something round and golden.

“The Ace of Pentacles. After changing your feelings you will have perfect contentment, felicity and ecstasy. This is the most favourable of all cards” Lay smiled.

You smiled, who knew tarot card reading could be so scaring and exciting at the same time.

“Would you like a tarot card reading my friend?” Lay gestured at Kai.

“No it’s ok, I don’t believe in these things” Kai laughed. "and that was the most unproffessional and stuffed up card reading". 

“Let’s go” You said, feeling slightly creeped out from the tarot card reading.

“Sure” Kai said, following you out of the tent.

 

As soon as both of you two left, the three bursted out in laughter.

“Hahahaha who know how childish Luhan could be” Chen laughed.

“Dude, it was so hard keeping a straight face reading those cards” Lay smiled. “I don’t even know how to read tarot cards”

“I believe you added a few thing to those cards didn’t you” Kris smirked.

“Well, the meanings are real but I just added the feelings part” Lay laughed.

“Sigh, Luhan is really…unpredictable…that feelings part….” Chen shook his head.

“I doubt this is going to work” Kris shook his head. “So childish”.

"What are you drawing there?" Chen asked, peering over at Kris's canvas.

"A chicken getting stabbed by forks" Kris replied coldly, continuing to sketch.

"Sadistic much" Chen inched away from him.

***

“That was new” You smiled at Kai as you walked home.

“Yea, I’m glad you liked it” Kai grinned.                                  

“Mhm”

“But don’t take what they said seriously, tarot card reading isn’t real anyway” Kai said.

“Okay”

You reached the door of you’re apartment and returned Kai’s jacket.

“Thanks for today” You smiled.

“My pleasure” Kai smiled.

“I’ll see you next time. Bye!” You said.

“Bye”

You opened the door and walked into your apartment.

 

“So how was it?” Luhan asked, appearing out of nowhere.

“It was ok” You said, taking your shoes off while holding the wall for balance with your left hand and then you placed them on the shoe rack.

“So…what did you do” Luhan questioned.

“Why?”

“Well…as a roommate and your tutor…I need to know what you’re doing and see if it affects your studies” Luhan said.

“We just went for some icecream and tarot reading” You sighed, plopping on the coach.

“How was the tarot reading? What did you get? What did the tarot reader get?” Luhan asked.

“…you’re talkative today…” You looked at him, blankly.

Luhan frowned. 

“Well…it’s nothing” You shrugged.

I shouldn’t question her anymore, she’ll find me suspicious” Luhan thought.

“My tarot reading was kind of weird…and scary” You shivered.

“Haha don’t worry I’ll fight the scary things off for you” Luhan smiled.

Yes! I think it worked, she’s wavering!

“I get it now!” You said jumping up on the chair.

“You do? Really?!” Luhan said, acting surprised.

“Yes!”
Jackpot!

“You’re that evil monster their talking about! I care about the puppy Luhan and you’re going to ruin my life that’s why Kai is there for me to protect me!” You gasped.

“Nononononononono! That’s not what it means! That’s the exactly opposite of what it means!” Luhan panicked.

“Yes it is! Disappear you demon!” You shouted and walked away, into your room.

“Nonononono! Min-Ah! You got it all wrong!” Luhan said frustrated.

Argh! Sh*t! This isn’t how it was supposed to go!  

Luhan facepalmed himself and groaned.

"Tarot card readings aren't true anyway" You laughed to yourself. "It's fun teasing him". 

***

Haha did you guys like it?

It took me so long looking through all the tarot cards on the internet, reading them, sorting them out and choosing five from over 60 cards!

I’m not a tarot card reader so it’s not an official tarot card reading so don’t bash!

I changed the cards a tiny bit to fit the story. Hope you enjoyed it!

If you like it, please subscribe, comment or upvote! Don’t be a silent reader!