15. Visiting

Perfectly Imperfect

Chapter 15

 

“The reason i called you out today was to ask you about moving in..” Your father said.

“Moving in?” You asked.

“Yea, like if you wanted to start living with me. It’s fine if you’re not comfortable with it yet but…i really want to make your life a bit easier. Everything will be so much more convenient for you at my place and you won’t have to worry about keeping a tight budget.” He said.

Isn’t Luhan living with me…? If i move in with my father…then that means i can’t see Luhan that much anymore. That also means that i don’t see Kai much either…”

 

“Argh! This is so confusing!” You groaned, pulling your hair.

“It hasn’t even been a year and you’re already complaining about your new job” Tao laughed.

“Er…no…not really…i wasn’t talking about work” You sighed.

“You’re caught between Luhan and some other secret lover?” Tao asked.

“No…what are you even thinking about?” You frowned. “Please don’t let him see through me! How does he even know i like Luhan? Please let it just be a random outburst from crazy Tao”.

 

“Sometimes girls are so hard to read” Tao mumbled, stretching and taking a break from all the typing he was doing.

You exhaled in relief. 

“You finished this month’s report Min-Ah?” a gentle voice said, near the opened door.

You turned around to see Luhan leaning on the door, smiling.

“Y-yea” You said, trying to keep your composure.

“Hey! Don’t ignore me! I’m also in this room!” Tao whinged.

 

Luhan looked at Tao and sighed, “Go take a day off with Xiumin, Kris and Chen. I doubt you’re going to be productive today anyway”. 

“What about Lay-hyung?” Tao asked, biting on his pen lid.

“He’s still busy with our medical branch” Luhan mumbled.

Tao tried to hide his satisfaction about being excused from work and walked out of the room with a smug look.

“Lazy fat panda” Luhan shook his head smiling. “Good for nothing”, he joked.

 

You noticed that it was just you and Luhan in the room now. “This is awkward….what should i do..”.

Luan tilted his head to one side and smiled at you, walking towards your seat.

Wrapping his fingers around the top of your chair, he turned you seat so that you were facing him and sighed. 

You averted your eyes and tugged a stray hair behind your ear. “It’s so hard to keep calm around him!”.

“I’ve noticed you’ve been ignoring me these days” Luhan said, bending down to meet your line of sight.

 

You wrapped your fingers around the chair’s armrest with your sweaty palms and continued to stare at the floor. Tapping your feet gently against the dark blue carpet and biting your lip. Your eyes darted across the span of the floor endlessly as the seconds ticked by. Luhan sighed and bent down further, he took your chin and stared into your eyes.

Too close! Omygosh if this keeps up he’ll know…he’ll know…that i have feelings for him” You panicked. 

“Is there something wrong?” Luhan asked, genuinely worried.

“N-No! I just-um-um-im-really….um….stressed?” You lied. “Of course there’s something wrong, i’m trying to get rid of my feelings for you but they just keep growing. After all, the record says that you met your mate already….so why are you being so nice to me? It’s hard for me to push you away”.

 

Why don’t we take a break then? You’ve been working all week” Luhan suggested, patting you on the shoulder.

“But i haven’t finished planning September’s schedule…” You bit your lip, finally meeting Luhan’s eyes. Luhan gasped, his legs wobbled slightly and he tried to recompose himself, “I was trying to get her to stop ignoring me but i can’t even stop my heart from beating so quickly when her eyes finally meet mine”.

I’m sorry…i know i’m really behind” You said, oblivious to the situation.

Recovering, Luhan mentally kicked himself, “No, that’s not what i meant. September?! You’re way ahead of our company! You’re a new employee and you have already covered a whole team’s worth of work for months!”.

 

“Really?” You smiled uncertainly. “And i was starting to worry about how much work i still had left”.

“Yes! You workaholic! I can’t believe it, how can you even finish all that work by yourself?!” Luhan chuckled, patting your head affectionately. “You can literally take so many breaks now, you’ve finished all your work for this month and the next”.

“Hehe” You laughed, blushing at the physical contact.

“Where do you want to go?” Luhan smiled, pulling your chair closer to him.

 

“Um…wherever. I don’t have anything planned today” You smiled nervously.

“Well….then i’ll take you out on a date” Luhan winked.

“A date?” You said, shocked. 

“Mhm” Luhan smiled goofily.

….Wait…but doesn’t he have a mate..then why is he even hanging out with me? Does he even like me…? Is this just another one sided love?” You thought. Just as you were about to speak and ask him, a ringtone interrupted you.

 

*Riiiiing* *Riiiinng*

“Oops wait, one second” Luhan said, fumbling with phone in his pocket. “Hello?” 

“LUHAN-OPPA!!!!!” a high pitched voice screeched on the caller’s end. Luhan quickly pulled the phone away, not risking his precious ear drums.

“Luna? Why are you calling?” Luhan asked, tapping his fingers simultaneously against the cold hard desk

“Louis and I are soon bored, can't you come over and play? Daddy is busy and no-one except Mrs Jang is home” Luna whined. “Yea! Hyung! Come play with us!” Louis shouted on the other end of the phone.

“Is that the TV playing in the background?” Luhan frowned, ceasing his tapping.

 

“Er…maybe?” Louis whispered to Luna “Don’t tell Luhan-hyung otherwise we’ll get into big big big trouble ok?”. 

“I can heeeaaarrr you” Luhan said shaking his head and smiling at their childishness.

“Ooops” Louis giggled nervously.

“Perhaps….would you want to come over to our place Min-Ah?” Luhan asked.

“Yea, sure. If it’s fine with you” You smiled.

“Is Min-Ah unnie with you?” Luna yelled.

“Yup” Luhan chuckled, winking at you.

 

“Bring her over! We’ll have sooooo much fun playing together!” Louis cheered.

“Hehe what about me? You guys forget about me as soon as i mention Min-Ah unnie?” Luhan pouted.

“….” The twins went quiet for a while, uncertain what to say “Well… not really…..why don’t you both come over and play with us?”.

“Okay you cheeky little monkeys, we’ll be there soon” Luhan replied.

“Okay! Hurry! We’ll be waiting for Min-Ah unnie!” The twins shouted back.

“And?” Luhan said.

“…And you Luhan-Oppa” Luna said pouting, blowing raspberries and hanging up.

 

“I guess we can’t go on a date today, i owe you a date now” Luhan smiled.

“No it’s ok, i love spending time with Luna and Louis so it’s ok” You smiled back.

“They’ve grown so attached to you already” Luhan smiled. “Usually they’re not very sociable….especially after she left…so i’m suprised they get along with you so well”.

“Oh….especially after she left? He mentioned ‘she’ again? He might be referring to his mate right…? I don’t know…my head hurts thinking about it” You sighed, following Luhan to his car.

Luhan noticed your sudden change of mood and started to worry. “Maybe she really is tired and stressed from work”.

 

****

“Min-Ah unnie!!!” Louis and Luna ran down the stairs in matching outfits. You opened your arms and welcomed the two cute little kids into your arms.

“What about my hug?” Luhan laughed.

“Hmmm…no hug for you” Louis said poking his tongue out.

“You spoilt little brats” Luhan frowned.

“Hehe don’t be mean to them” You smiled, patting Luna’s head.

 

“It’s dinner time” An old lady said, appearing in the living room. She was dressed plainly and had her hair up in a bun, she glanced at you and continued to squint through her glasses.

“I don’t remember you bringing Lady Victoria back home. Have both of you already settled for a marriage date? But that’s not likely of you Luhan-ssi”, She frowned “Wait sorry, i’m not wearing my glasses, who is this lady?”.

Lady Victoria? Who’s that?” You thought. “Marriage date…? Can’t be…he someone’s fiance?”

“No! Mrs Jang! Don’t mention that name” Luhan frowned. 

 

“I shouldn’t be here…” You thought, accidentally saying it aloud. “What the heck is going on? Should i even be here? Am i complicating things?”

Luhan quickly looked shocked and hurt, he looked at Mrs Jang for help or a change of subject.

“Min-Ah, meet Mrs Jang. She’s the housemaid and she takes care of the twins as well” Luhan said.

“Oh, nice to meet you” You bowed.

“This the first time Luhan-sshi brought someone home. Are you perhaps…?” Mrs Jang smiled.

“Uh…i’m not Victoria or the person you’re looking for… i’m just…” You raised your eyebrow and looked at Luhan for help.

“His girlfriend?” Mrs Jang’s eyes twinkled in delight, showing the creases at the side of her eyes.

“Um…no…i don’t…” You blushed and looked at Luhan for help.

 

“She’s Bambi” Luhan said.

Bambi?! What the heck is that?” You looked at him confused. 

“Ohhhh” Mrs Jang nodded in delight at the both of you.

Luna and Louis stared at the three of you awkwardly.

“Dinner’s served!” Mrs Jang said, turning her heel and striding into the kitchen.

“Um, my name’s Min-Ah, nice to meet you!” You said.

 

***
(After Dinner)

 

“Min-Ah, you should eat more! You’re too thin! How will you ever bear children for your future husband?” Mrs Jang nagged.

“W-w-what?” You stuttered, shocked at her sudden outburst. 

“Ahem” Luhan cleared his throat at the uncomfortable atmosphere.

Mrs Jang chuckled and began to bring the dirty dishes back to the sink.

“Oppa!” Luna shouted, full of rice.

“Mmm? Don’t speak while you’re eating” Luhan said, passing her a tissue.

 

“Why are you acting so weird today?” Luna insisted.

“Weird?” Luhan asked.

“Yea, is it because Min-Ah is at our place?” Luna giggled.

“W-what?! No! I just… no nothing” Luhan looked around uncomfortably.

“We never liked Victoria-unnie anyway” Louis said, hinting something to Luhan.

“Louis!” Luhan frowned.

 

“Who’s Victoria?” You asked, swallowing your food.

Mrs Jang came back to carry more dishes, “Luhan, you didn’t tell her?” She frowned.

You looked at Luhan who shook his head.

Mrs Jang’s face stiffened and she continued cleaning silently.

Maybe i wasn’t supposed to ask?” You thought, shrinking back into your chair and eating silently.

 

Luna and Louis yawned, stretching their little arms above the dinner table.

“Luhan-Oppa” Luna said, rubbing her eyes.

“Sleepy?” Luhan smiled.

“Mhm” She answered, yawning again.

“I’ll take them to bed, can you and Luhan help with the rest of the dishes?” Mrs Jang winked.

“Yea sure” You said, rising from you seat. “Thanks so much for the delicious food”.

“Aww it’s ok, you should come over more often” She smiled, holding the sleepy twins’ hands and leading them upstairs.

 

You scrubbed the dishes diligently and placed them on the bench for Luhan to wipe.

“Um Luhan?” You asked.

“Yea?” He said, coming over to the sink.

“Can you help me lift my sleeves?” You asked. “Sorry”

“No, it’s ok” Luhan said, grabbing your hand and sliding his fingers up your wrist all the way to your arms. You felt his smooth fingers run across your skin. You couldn’t peel your eyes away from his slender fingers and focused face. 

 

“Like what you see Bambi?” Luhan smiled cheekily, catching you off guard staring at his face.

“Wha-no i just…yea…no…i…” You stammered, lost for words. Your cheeks were turning hot and you bit your lip nervously. “Is Bambi my new nickname or something?”

I don’t no about you, but i can’t take my eyes of you…” Luhan said, cupping your warm cheeks with his soft fingers. 

I can’t move…my heart is beating so fast. You have to snap out of it Min-Ah!” You thought, your cheeks were turning redder and hotter ever second.

Luhan gazed deeply into your eyes and pulled you closer, his strong arms around your waist “Look Min-Ah, i know this is really sudden but the truth is-“.

 

You heard footsteps coming around the corner and quickly pushed Luhan’s chest away from you with your wet gloves. The water from the freshly wet gloves flicked all over the floor. Luhan stepped back, confused and slipped forward on the wet tiled kitchen floor. Frantic, he grabbed your wrist and fell on top of you, smashing you onto the floor. 

*(Author Note: Sorry just had to interrupt with a gif of luhan sliding across the stage, hehe but in this story he doesn't have much balance)

Luhan quickly placed his arm behind your head to try soften the fall.

“Ow!” You cried in pain as fell onto the cold kitchen tiles and as Luhan’s body weight crashed onto yours. Luckily his hand protected your head, cushioning the fall.

“I’m so sorry, i didn’t mean to-“ Luhan tried to explain, his cheeks a bright pink at the extremely close body contact.

 

“Um, am i…..interrupting something?” Mrs Jang asked, standing in the kitchen with a mop.

“No Mrs Jang! It’s all a misunderstanding” You tried getting up put you realised that Luhan was laying on top of you. Your wriggling caused him to slip while he was trying to push himself up, landing on top of you again.

“Omph! N it’s not what it looks like, we can explain!” Luhan said, his cheeks still red.

“I’ll just go and pretend i saw nothing…” Mrs Jang said awkwardly, inching her way slowly out of the kitchen.

As soon as Mrs Jang was gone, Luhan scrambled up from the floor and pulled you up.

“Sorry…” he said, rubbing his neck shyly.

 

“It’s ok” You laughed, “Just don’t joke around next time and be careful”.

“I wasn’t joking around when i said that though” Luhan stared into your eyes.

I don’t no about you, but i can’t take my eyes of you…he wasn’t joking around?” You thought, blushing. “Victoria…marriage?” Those thoughts snapped you back into reality.

 

“I should go home now, it’s getting dark” You said, wiping your hands on the kitchen towel.

“Yup, let’s go home” Luhan said. “Wait”, he pulled you close and wrapped his hands around your waist.

“Luhan?” You said, your heat skipping a beat.

“Apron” He smiled, untying the string and hanging it behind the door.

 

You mentally face palmed yourself and walked out of the house embarrassed.

“You’re so easy to tease” Luhan laughed.

“No i’m not!” You said, stomping and puffing your cheeks like a child.

“Haha, let’s go home Bambi” Luhan smiled affectionately.

“Hmph! You’re the Bambi addict not me!” You said, following him to his car.

 

***

~Flashback~

 

I can’t move…my heart is beating so fast. You have to snap out of it Min-Ah!” You thought, your cheeks were turning redder and hotter ever second.

Luhan gazed deeply into your eyes and pulled you closer, his strong arms around your waist “Look Min-Ah, i know this is really sudden but the truth is-“.

The truth is?

“I’m a e, i love bambi, i like booty especially sebooty*, taro milk tea and i’m a tranny. I love cross-dressing cos i know i’m prettier than all dem gurls out dere”.

 

JUST KIDDING! ~ Ohohohohohohoho~ Don’t bash me

*Sebooty= Sehun’s Booty

(Don’t worry, this is just like a parody of the original scene. It doesn’t actually happen in the real story). I was so random and bored…. i thought of a random twist for some of this scene.

 

Whew! This is one of my longest chapters so far! How’s everyone’s holidays going? I know it’s summer overseas but it so damn cold down here is Australia right now =_=. I wonder where my readers are from….if you have some time tell me in the comments below <3

 

Please remember to upvote, comment and subscribe!!! 

Don’t worry i even love all my creepy silent readers out there <3

‘Till next time~

Creepy author-nim out~