14. Conversation

Perfectly Imperfect

 

Chapter 14

 

 

(Luhan’s POV):

 

A few nights ago… I could barely control myself…..that kiss mark…even Kai noticed.

“Min-Ah….I really like you…no I think I’ve fallen for you…” I said, pressing my lips against hers.

“Please forgive me, I don’t think I can hide my feelings anymore. I’m such a coward…I’m still scared that you have feeling for Kai so I don’t want my confession to be a burden for you…you already have a lot on your shoulders…watching you makes me want to cry and hug you…you’re so delicate…I feel like you could break any second, yet you are so strong.”

 

I hit myself lightly on both sides of my cheeks to stop myself from replaying the flashback.

“Why am I such a coward…” I sighed, leaning back on the office chair and groaning “I don’t even have the courage to tell her face to face.”

 

“Tell what?” Louis said, appearing out of nowhere.

“What are you doing here? Where’s your sister?” I asked, recomposing myself.

“Do you like Min-Ah noona?” Louis asked, completely ignoring me.

I dropped the pen out of my hand and stared at my little brother. 

“…You seem so different around her Luhan-hyung…” Luois said. “Like…you really really lov-“

“U-u-h I th-think you’ve been watching too much TV again Louis…do you want me to call Driver Seo to take you home?” I stuttered. Even my little brother can see through me?! 

 

Luhan-oppa?” Luna said, appearing behind the office door.

“Why are you two here?” I sighed, hoping they would answer my question this time.

“Because we’re bored and we want to play” Luna smiled, grabbing the pen i dropped and scribbling something on a scrap piece of paper.

“Luhan-hyung…” Louis tugged my shirt.

“Hmm?” I responded, hoping he wouldn’t ask something related to my feelings for Min-Ah.

 

“I don’t think you can like Min-Ah noona…” Louis said, staring at me.

“W-why?” I asked.

“Because me and Luna already like her, so she’s ours” Louis smiled.

“Okay…” I answered awkwardly. At least they are still innocent…

Sharing is caring” Luna smiled, glancing up from her page of scribbles.

 

But think i’m too selfish too share Min-Ah with anyone for too long” I thought. “Argh, what is wrong with me?”

Lovesick Luhan-hyung?” Louis tutted, shaking his head from side to side.

“W-what?! N-no! Where are you learning all these things?!” I stammered, trying to defend myself.

“Knowledge is power Luhan-hyung” Luois smiled.

“Mhm, whatever he said” Luna agreed.

Argh seriously, are kids maturing too quickly these days…?” I thought, trying to focus on my work.

 

“One day Luna and I are going to build a giant candy factory and earns lots of money and play with Min-Ah noona all day” Louis said proudly.

“And…what about me?” I asked, glancing up to look at him.

“…You’ll be our employee and no fun time with Min-Ah noona” Louis smiled.

No fun time with Min-Ah eh?” I thought.

 

***

 

“Min-Ah!”, You saw your dad waving his hands, calling out to you in the sea of people. The shopping centres were always packed with citizens and trying to find someone would be finding a needle in a mountain of hay.

 

Before you could even open your mouth to greet him or ask him why he was here, you father grabbed hand and led you away from the crowd.

“I hate crowded places you know, it makes my head spin” Your father groaned.

“Haha, no you’re probably old, that’s why” You joked.

“Don’t offend your father, i don’t have a single strand of white hair on my head” He said proudly, nearly bumping into someone while trying to weave through the massive crowd.

 

“Yea, i noticed. You dyed your hair didn’t you” You smirked.

“…Grocery shopping are we?” Your father asked, trying to change the subject.

“Yea, nobody’s going to cook for me so i might as well do it myself. I’ve been cooking for myself ever since eomma left..” You said.

“…Let’s go to a nearby cafe and sit down and talk yea? Know any good places around here?” Your father asked.

“Yes” You laughed.

 

***

 

“Where’s this?” Your father said, sitting down at the cafe table.

“Not good enough for Mr. CEO eh?” You smiled.

“No, it’s quite nice here” You father said, looking around. “Not too much people and pretty spacious…”

“Perfect for an old man” You laughed.

“How dare you say my cafe is only for old people?” Kyungsoo frowned, appearing at your table.

 

“Kyungsoo-sshi!” You smiled. 

“Yah! You little rascal! You haven’t visited ever since you quit working here!” Kyungsoo fumed, hitting your head lighting with the cafe menu.

“It’s only be a few weeks…” You protested, shrinking back into your seat.

“A few weeks? A few weeks?!” He shouted, causing a few customers to turn around and stare.

"Yea..." You cringed.

"Who's your boss? How dare he steal you away from us?! I'll go and teach him a lesson!" Kyungsoo frowned.

"The boss is right here" Your dad chuckled.

“…Who’s this?” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“My father…” You whispered back, just to tick him off by imitating him

Realising his mistake, Kyungsoo quickly apologised.

“You worked here?” Your dad asked.

“Yea…before i got a job at your place” You sighed.

 

Kyungsoo turned around to meet your father. “It’s nice to meet you, i hope you enjoy your experience here at our cafe”.

“Pfft! So formal” You laughed.

“Can you not” Kyungsoo frowned.

“You’re so easy to tease” You smiled.

Kyungsoo pouted and turned to your father “Don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything sir”.

“Thank you, it’s a great pleasure meeting one of Min-Ah’s friends” Your father smiled.

“Friends….remember that Min-Ah…friends…don’t ditch your friend at a cafe for weeks hehe” Kyungsoo said creepily to you before walking away.

 

After ordering two latte’s and a few sandwiches, there was an awkward silence between you and your father. 

“I’ve only just got to know him so i guess it’s hard to get really close in just a few seconds” You thought.

“Min-Ah?” Your father said, after sipping his coffee.

“Hm?” You asked, biting into your sandwich. 

“The reason i called you out today was to ask you about moving in..” Your father said.

 

“Moving in?” You asked.

“Yea, like if you wanted to start living with me. It’s fine if you’re not comfortable with it yet but…i really want to make your life a bit easier. Everything will be so much more convenient for you at my place and you won’t have to worry about keeping a tight budget.” Your father explained.

“Sounds tempting…are you trying to spoil me?” You laughed.

“Ever father spoils his daughter” He smiled.

“I’ll think about it…” You said.

 

“Wait...isn’t Luhan living with me…? If i move in with my father…then that means i can’t see Luhan that much anymore. That also means that i don’t see Kai much either…” You thought.

“Take some time thinking about it” Your father suggested. “I just want to be a proper father i guess…i haven’t been around for your all these years so i want to give you as much support as possible”.

“Thanks dad” You smiled.

“Our cafe is known for it’s perfect atmosphere for a beautiful bonding time between-“ Kyungsoo appeared out of nowhere.

 

“You’re really good at interrupting people you know” You said.

“Lunch is on the house” Kyungsoo beamed.

“Such a generous and optimistic young man, you should learn from him Min-Ah” Your father laughed.

“…Me? Learning from Kyungsoo? No thank you” You chuckled.

“Sigh this girl always gets on my nerves” Kyungsoo sighed, shaking his head from side to side.

 

***

Author-nim: I just finished my term 2 assessments =_=

I'm going to friken hate term 3 there is like at least one assessment every single week

Seriously who organises the school assessment schedule i'll be suprised if it's not some evil spirit or menopausing old lady

Pfft, thank's for hearing me rant XD 

 

Please subscribe, comment and upvote!

Don't be a silent reader!

Luhan is watching you....

*for those innocent reader's out there....keep scrolling...*

 

Question of the Day: Is it normal to just wake up not wanting to do anything, not wanting ot move at all and stay depressed for the whole day?