I Hope You Understand

Saudade

Here's chapter 6 , sorry for the late update . Enjoy ! 


“ Let’s talk tomorrow okay ? “ the words keep replaying through his ears . He was lying in his bed , the lights were off leaving him in the dark , but few hours had passed but he still couldn’t fall asleep . He keep grabbing his phone to look at the time , he wanted to fastened the time cause waiting with much curiosity drives him crazy .

“ Ughhh ! “ he groaned and lift up his body into a sitting posture . He buried his face into his palms before rubbing it furiously . He looked again at the time “ 4:13 am “ and he sighed heavily . “ Go to sleep , will you Gary-ah ? “  he persuade his own mind , he need that sleep cause he didn’t want to come to the filming tired , it’s a show that need much stamina to complete the mission and joining it without enough rest is just going to make you feel more miserable , especially him who would easily get annoyed whenever he didn’t rest well . Furthermore , tomorrow is the day that Jihyo’s gonna tell him her feelings and just in case of her respond is a rejection , he’s afraid that he’ll end up getting frustrated and hurt her whether emotionally or physically because he wasn’t in his right mind . 

Jihyo stare at herself in the mirror , her face shows determination . “ I’m sure this is a right decision to do “ she said to herself . But then , a heavy sigh come out from as she hang her head low and bit her lower lips “ it is . . right ? “  she questioned herself .

The next morning arrive , Gary woke up by the warmth of sun that was creasing his body . He stretch his body while yawning , with his still half-asleep and slightly bloated face he grabbed his phone that was somewhere under his pillow . He looked at the time “6:00am” , he was shocked that he was up this early . It’s Tuesday and their Running Man’s filming was scheduled on the afternoon so he have a few more hours to go , with that in mind he set the alarm to wake him up around 9am . He put down the phone by his side and decided to went back to sleep .

He was about to fall back to sleep when his phone suddenly ringed , telling him that he receive a message . With a irritated mind , he grabbed the phone and look at the message .

“ Oppa , are you awake ? “ his eyes widen when he realize that it was Jihyo texting him . He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few time just to make sure that he was able to believe his own eyes . and yes , it was true .

“ Yes . Why ? By the way , Good morning Mong-ji “ he typed his reply and sent it , he cancelled his intention to go back to sleep cause he didn’t want to miss anything .

“ Yes , Good morning too oppa . Urm , I want to ask if you’re free this morning before our filming “ she boldly asked . It’s must be about her unspoken words last night , he thought . He replied her telling her that he was free .

“ can we meet up ? “

“ Sure . Where do you want to meet up then ? “

“ I’m not sure oppa , any good place ? “

“ Can I pick you up ? and let’s decide the place later “ he propose . It took a while for her to reply this one , making Gary worried if he had thrown an uncomfortable suggestion .

“ Sure oppa “ she simply replied . Gary felt a little uneasy with it and was just about to decide to cancel his suggestion , but then another text come .

“ I’ll get ready now . See you later ! :) “ she send another text and it immediately make Gary felt more peaceful , and with that smiley on the end , he imagined the way she smiled when she send him this text and with just the imagination smile it is still capable to melts his hearts away .

How coincidently , the smile that Gary imagined was exactly the same smile that Jihyo had on her lips at the time she send him the text and the smile never faded from her lips as she was getting ready to meet him . It was a smile where her teeth doesn’t shows , it was a small yet a sweet aura could be felt with her smile , and there was also a bit of shyness could be sense . She slightly bite her lower lips and her lips , showing how nervous she is to meet him and by thinking about their future conversation .

The smiles continued as she enters her bathroom to have her morning shower . As the warm morning water gracefully flowed down through her body like a waterfall , she was humming a sweet song , the melody was filled with joy and romance showing how much excited she was . She didn’t have that beautiful voice tone like those singers but it the melody that she hummed is enough to make herself enjoy and felt better .

Gary walked out from his bathroom , the white towel were tied around his waist as it covered his lower body and another towel which was smaller was on top of his head to dry off his wet hair. He walked towards his closet and picked a simple grey shirt along with a short . It was simple and he liked it just how it is , it was the style that he was most comfortable with . He slightly throw the clothes on his bed and sit at the edge of the bed , he hang his head low as he rubbed the towel against his wet hair , drying it .

Finish with it , he put on his clothes and grabbed his backpack to fill it with his extra clothes just in case if the filming later on needed them to keep changing their inner clothes . He was happy at the heart , but his face was clearly shows how nervous he is . Will it be a rejection , or an acceptation he thought as he filed up his backpack .


Jihyo stares at her coffee that she’s currently holding in front of her , her face was showing that she was having a war of thought by that time . “ Will he understand my situation ? “ she keep asking herself cause the answer that she was going to give him somehow will hurt him a little and she know that , now she was just hoping that he would be able to take it . She shake her head off from the war thought and took a sip of her coffee before checking out her phone , waiting for a call from him . Seeing that there were no miscall from him , she got up from her seat and went to wash the mug . She was drying off her hand from the washing when her phone ringed , it was a call .

“ Yes oppa “ it was Gary’s phone call

“ Oh Jihyo-ah , I’m down at the car park . You can come down now “ he simply said .

“ Okay oppa , I’ll come down now “ she replied and ended the phone call . By then , both heart were beating fast in excitement and also nervousness .

From the car , he saw her coming out from the apartmen building ,searching for his car . She was wearing an oversized white t-shirt with a blue jeans and her sunglasses . For a moment , he was amazed , just how did a simple outfit like that could look perfectly beautiful on her , he thought to himself as she stares her walking towards his car .

She knocked the window , dragging Gary out from his thoughts . He unlocked the car to let her in .

She settle down in his car , pulling the seat belt on and adjusted her body posture into a comfortable one . She waited him to start driving but he doesn’t , she turn to him “ Oppa , why aren’t you – “ her words stop when she realize that he was staring at her .

“ Why ? “ she asked . He continue to stare and he grinned .

“ Pretty “ he simply answered . He then looked in front and start driving .

His simple word makes her heart flutters , she didn’t know how much such a simple word could make her feels the butterflies and the cheek flashes in bright red .

She turned over the window , hiding her shy smile from him .

Gary entered some neighbourhood , the walls are beautifully painted with nature scenery , a kids drawing could be seen in some walls too . It was quite there , and there weren’t many people . She wasn’t sure where it was but one thing she was sure that she liked the place . There were a scent of peaceful when they drive through the small street , her eyes keep looking around with awe and Gary saw that so he decided to drive a little more .

“ Oppa , how do you this place ? “ she asked , her eyes were still fixed with the surrounding .

“ This is where my parents live “ he answered

She immediately turn towards him , her eyebrow rises and opened , she was shocked . “ Then what are we doing here ? “ she asked with much curiosity and nervousness in her voice . To meet his parents ? Is he really serious about his feeling that he already wanted her to meet his parents ? she thought . 

“ Just . . we do need some place to talk right ? I just think this neighbourhood is good enough since there weren’t many people here so I guess it’s safe ? “ he answered , immediately brings relief to her .

“ Why ? Do you think I will bring you to see my parents ? “ he laughed , Jihyo blushes and denied the fact .

“ Why would I , you haven’t give me your answer “ he said , he dropped his voice a little than before .

“ Oppa , about that . I – “ she was about to finish when Gary stop her . Telling her that to take her time and think about it more , and he really didn’t want to rush things out , he really want her to be sure .

“ While you’re on it , I’ll go out for a moment . There’s a very good cafe around here , I’ll go buy for us “ he said and stopped the car before going out , leaving a burden to her .

Just what should she really say , “ I want you to be sure about it “ she replay his words in her mind . She keep staring down to her lap while she bite the top of her finger , she was nervous , she was afraid , but above all she was sure that she really need to do it and she was sure that he’ll understand and everything will work out . “ I hope so “ she mumbled .

She spend the next few minutes of Gary’s absence by relaxing her mind a little bit . He’s pretty late , she thought and he really is .


Gary entered the cafe , one of the worker greeted him and he smiled in respond . He was bothered , and it was clear but not by the worker or anything around him . He was bothered by something inside him , his heart . Rather than ordering the coffee , he went to have a sit at the corner of the cafe to relax his mind a little bit . But the anxious couldn’t seem to go away , he straightened his body , elbow on the table and buried his face into his hand . and at the same time , Jihyo was filled with her thought and feelings back in the car . They were feeling the same .

After a few minutes , Gary stood up and raked his hair with his finger . He walked to the counter to make his order .

He walked out and the wind immediately blows to his skin , he flinched by the sudden cold breeze . He pulled the coffee closer to him as he walked towards his car , his heart beat increases as he was approaching closer , from a few meter he could see her shadow from inside the car and her could see that she was looking around , somehow he could feel that she was uneasy . He stopped in hesitation , afraid to move further “ what if it’s a rejection “ he mumbled and his face frowned in worries . He looked up and took a deep breath , whatever he was feeling he still have to go it’s not like he could just leave now , he thought as he walked closer .

“ Oh oppa , you’re here “ she said with a smile as he entered the car . He handed one of the coffee towards her .

“ Thank you . . what took you so long ? “ she asked . Gary flustered a little bit .

“ Umm . . there’s something wrong with the coffee maker back there so it took a while . I’m sorry “ he lied and took a sip of his coffee .

After a few minutes of enjoying their coffee in silence . Jihyo cleared .

“ Oppa , you know . About last night – “

“ Jihyo-ah , please take your time “ he stopped her , he was afraid . 

“ I’ve think really hard about it oppa , and I’m pretty sure I’m ready to talk “ she protested . She doesn’t want to delay things anymore , because in her mind the sooner the better . Gary surrendered and went silent , readying himself for her words . She looked at him who was at that time was looking down to his laps , his finger were drumming a silent melody over his laps . She looked away .

“ About last night “ she stopped her word , Gary waited patiently . She need some time , he thought .

“ It’s not that I don’t feel the same towards you oppa “ she continued and by her words , Gary’s heart sank into despair as he could feel the rejection .

“ It’s just that . . . . I’m not really sure about my feelings yet “

Gary forced his lips to smile and looked at her as soft as possible “ It’s okay Jihyo-ah . I don’t want to force you “ he replied but no matter how he tried , he just couldn’t lie . His eyes showed it all , how he was broken and in despair but other than that , the love could still be seen through his eyes , showing how sincere he was with his feelings and a bit guilty for making her felt more complicated with his confession .

As Jihyo was staring into his eyes , she smiled and looked down with a blush “ but one thing I’m sure “ she said , making Gary left in confusion . His eyebrow rises as his mouth were ajar “ what ? “ he asked . She remain silent for a moment as she was forming a shy smile with her lips .

“ That I’m attracted to you “ she spoke . The heart that was in despair a few moments ago immediately lightens up by her words , It’s incredible how her words could make his world turns around , the first minute her words cause him despair but the next minute , she cause him joy .

“  So ? What does that mean ? “ he wanted a conformation .

“ I could see that you really have a sincere feelings for me and I’m really touched . I’m not sure if I really really love  you oppa , but I like you and I guess . . . I want to pursue this feelings with you “ she mumbled , a shy smiled still firmly attached to her lips .

Gary looked at her , his corner lips rises forming a small smile . He slightly titled his head as he continue to rest his eyes on her face .

“ So . . . . “ he bite his lower lips .

“ Are you accepting me ? “ he asked with curiosity , still wanting conformation so he wouldn’t misunderstood her words . 

She looked at him , her cheek were completely in bright red , she bite her upper lips and smiled shyly . She nodded . By that , Gary felt like he owns the world cause at that time , she was his everything , the one who cause happiness to him and also sadness , the one who he gives the power to hurt him yet he trust her to never , she was the one that Gary wanted to give his all to . Gary let out his shy laugh as he cover his mouth with his hand . Jihyo who was beside him were just looking at how happy he is , she was too but she expressed it in a more passive way which is just a bright smile with a bright blush by her cheek .

After a few moments of the joy from his love being accepted  . He looked down to his laps , the wide smile turned smaller . He then looked up towards her who was slightly confused by his sudden change in action .

“ Jihyo-ah . . Song Ji Hyo – “ he said with his husky voice .

“ I . .  really love you . . I swear “ he continued . His eyes sparkles , letting her see how sincere he was , his deep voice which throw a deep feeling with his words immediately captivate her hearts . She may not sure that she really have a deep feelings for him , but she was sure she wanted to . She wanted to say those words but the way Gary charmed her somehow puts her into a spell , a spell that could stop her from even to speak .

“ It’s okay if you’re not sure about your love towards me , but by willingly to pursue things with me is enough for me now . It’s okay , I’ll wait “  he continued .

“ Oppa “ was the only word that she manage to let out . She was completely lost in words , even when her mind wanted to blurred out many things but the words just doesn’t seem to come out so she remained silence .

Gary who was still gazing into her eyes , could see the sparkles inside it . He somehow could read all the words that stayed behind , even when she didn’t say anything but he understand her .

“ Thank you . . Jihyo-ah “ he said .


Gary drive their way back to Jihyo’s apartment , a wide smile could be seen on his face as the women whom once he loves secretly has now become his girlfriend . It’s a success , he thought .

They arrived at the car park , Jihyo was preparing to get out when Gary grab her by the wrist .

“ Jihyo-ah , what about our filming later ? “ referring to the Running Man’s filming that they should be attending just a few hours more . 

“ what about it ? “ she couldn’t seem to understand his question .

“ about us right now , should we keep it by ourselves first ? “ he asked . The Running Man’s members are already like his family and of course he wanted to let them know the great news but somewhat they’re not ready yet to reveal it . Gary were afraid if things would be awkward when he tells them that he and Jihyo were dating , besides it’s only been hours .

“ Oppa , let’s tell them when we’re really ready . When our relationship are firm enough “ she said , finally getting the idea that was on Gary’s mind . Her answer gives relief to him .

“ I’ll get going now “ she said as she opened the door , but Gary hands were still firmly holding her . She looked at him “ why ? “ she managed to ask . He then grinned , “ we’re dating right ? “ he asked , it has been a few times already for him to ask that question . She chuckled with a blush and nodded . Making Gary smiled wider but still his hand won’t let her go , she raise her eyebrow in questioning and he could be seen biting his lower lips .

“ Not now oppa , we’re in public “ she said and laughed when she realise that he actually wanted to give her a kiss . Gary nodded in understanding and let her go as she went out from the car .

“ Besides , you kissed me two times already “ she tease and quickly closed the door , leaving Gary dumbfounded . He keep his eye fixed to her as she walked into the building , a slight frustration smile was formed on his lips , the feeling of disappointment of not being able to kiss her makes him a little bit frustrated but he manage to control it because he understand .

Besides , there’s something more important to think right now . “ How to act normal in front of the members “ both mind questioned as they were getting ready for their filming . 


P/s Sorry if there were any grammatical errors or any wrong spelling . 

Written by , 
Mc_HyoRy2