Let's Go Out

Saudade

“ Jihyo-ah , are you free tonight ? “


After a few weeks of giving hints and affection to her , he finally decided to go for another level , which is to ask her out for a movie and dinner . With much nervousness and anxiety , he texted her . Of course he wanted a positive respond , but he didn't really expecting much cause he knew how busy she is , and how she doesn’t really like to go out with just the two of them . She doesn’t like to get caught in a scandal , she dislike it just as much as he does . But putting those thought behind , he texted her . He waited patiently for her respond .
After a few minutes .

“ Yes , I’m free tonight oppa . why ? “ she responded , making Gary felt excited .

Without any hesitation , he quickly replied that he wanted to ask her out for movie and maybe a dinner . This time , it takes quite a longer time for her to respond which is making Gary slightly worried . He really doesn’t want things to get awkward between the , he’s doing this to get close and to get know each other better , not the opposite .

On the other hand , Jihyo was having a war of thoughts in her mind . Her heart clearly wanted to accept he’s offer but somehow her mind hestitate , just like what Gary expected , she’s worried about getting caught in scandals . Other than that , there’s something more , it’s the thought of having feelings for him . She wasn’t really sure if she really liked him or she was just touched at how he always show concern and always take a good care of her , but in the heart , she know that she could feel something towards him . Sometimes , she also thinks that he only doing this as a good friend , and wanted to get close for the programme but not more than that .

“ Ahh , what should I reply ? “ she started to get frustrated .

On her phone , she keep typing “ yes , sure “ but then delete it and typed “ No , maybe next time “ but then , after a few second she changed it back to “ yes “ . She really had quite a hard time to decide whether to accept his offer or not .
After a few times changing between yes and no , she typed a “ yes ” again . Just like the other time , she wanted to delete it again but her finger decided to make a mistake by accidently pressed the send button and before she could stop it was already being send . She should’ve feel bad or worried since she send it by mistake , but somehow she felt relieved . Maybe it wasn't a mistake after all , maybe she really wanted to send a yes , but trying to put the blame on her finger .

Back to Gary , who was jumping in excitement on his couch . He was clearly excited  about her respond . “ No , no , no . Don’t waste your energy Gary-ah . You can’t appear weak on a date “ he finally on his right mind . He calmly sit back to his couch and took a deep breath before replying her text .

“ So , can I pick you up around 9 then ? “ he replied , he know 9 is quite late but what can they do , they can’t go out early and expose themselves to the public . Furthermore , this is just more like a “ hanging out “ between friends rather than a date between lovers .They don’t want some rumours surrounding them , it would get things more difficult .

“ yes , sure . Then , see you at 9 oppa ~ “ she replied , with a blush and a wide smile she walked to her bedroom . She calmly laid down , but after a few second her excitement took over her body , she was tossing and turning in her bed . After calming down , she starred at the ceiling and put her hand to her chest , feeling her heart beat which is beating fast . “ ahh , what is this feelings “ she mumbled and chuckled .

Gary on the other hand was coincidentally doing the same , his cheekbone never rested cause he can’t stop smiling widely . He stood up from his bed and go towards his closet to pick up some clothes to wear , and Jihyo back at her house was doing the same .

“ suits ? no , too fancy . shirt ? no , too simple . a sweater ? jacket ? Ahhh ! What am I going to wear !? “ he said , frustrated . He didn’t know that picking clothes could be so hard . Now he thinks he know why girls always find a hard time to choose clothes , it’s because they wanted to look good , just like how he wanted to look good in front of her for that night .

Later that night , Gary left home around 8pm since he’s afraid to be late or being caught in traffic . Gary decided to wear a simple black shirt with his leather jacket . Arriving at the car park near Jihyo’s house , he look at his watch , “ 8:35 pm “ he mumbled . He arrived early since there were no traffic . Since it’s still early , he decided to not let Jihyo know yet that he’s downstairs at the car park , he wanted to let her have her time maybe to get ready or make sure that everything on her house are already taken care of . He got out from his car to get some fresh air and walked around an open area near where he parked his car , he put on his cap and wear it low to avoid anyone recognize him .

She was on the other hand was at her balcony , wanting to calm her mind by getting some fresh air . She doesn’t really know why , but her heart was excited and nervous at the same time . “ Just going out with a friend “ she thought to herself as he breath in the fresh air . She turned and looked at the clock hanging on the wall , there’s about 10 minutes left before their promising time so she decided to make sure things she needed is already in her bag .

“ Oppa is downstairs , you know my car right ? “ he texted her exactly at 9pm

Receiving the text , Jihyo grabbed her scarf and wrapped it around her next .

He waited patiently inside the car .

After a few minutes , he saw someone running towards his car . A wide smile immediately appeared when he realize it was her . She was wearing a white loose sweater , a white scarf was wrapping her neck with a blue faded jeans . She had her cap and mask on to avoid being recognize , but even with all that covering her face , he could still recognize the girl he liked .

She get into the car and take off her mask before turning to Gary “ Anyeonghaseyo oppa “ she greeted him with a sweet smile , making Gary’s heart flutters “ y..yes.. Anyeonghaseyo Song Jihyo-shi “ he greeted her back , slightly teasing her , making her giggle . He could feel that it was a good start .

During their ride towards the cinema .

“ Thank you oppa for asking me out today , staying at home all day is kinda bored “ she said .

“ Ahh , it’s nothing . I felt the same way , that’s why I ask you out “ he replied , still focused on the road .

“ Let’s have an enjoyable night Gary-shii “ slightly teasing him .

“ Yeah , let’s enjoy for tonight “ he replied .

They then talked about the movie that they were about to watch , Jihyo was on her phone , searching some information and story plot for the movie while Gary had his ear on her and eyes on the road . They also talked about each other’s upcoming project . Gary decided to not to mention about their current relationship in Running Man and outside Running Man , he’s afraid that it would makes things awkward to thing their relationship .

“ Are you really okay about going out tonight . I’m afraid that you have a schedule for tomorrow and going out tonight will make you tired “ Gary asked in concern .

“ Don’t worry oppa , I’m on my day off for today and tomorrow “ she replied .

“ Really ? So I guess it’s okay for us to hang out until dawn “ he joked , making both laugh .

“ No problem , bring it on “ she jokingly challenging him .

Arriving at the car park , they put on their mask and cap . Gary bought their ticket earlier by online so that they don’t have to wait in line to get their ticket . Gary went to buy their popcorn and drinks while Jihyo waited him in front of the cinema entrance .

The movie were about to start when they enter and take their seat . Thanks to the dark surrounding , no one seems to recognize the Monday Couple watching the movie together .

They were so focused as the movie goes on . Gary was about to grab his drink when he accidentally grabbed Ji Hyo’s hand which was holding the drink . Both of the flinched . Gary then realize that his drink was on his other side and the one he grabbed was Jihyo’s . With an embarrassed blush “ I’m so sorry Jihyo-ah , I thought it was mine “ he whispered an apology . Then Jihyo suddenly put her hand on top of his hand , she patted his hand gently and give him a sweet smile as an “ It’s okay “ sign . Her small gesture makes Gary completely happy , the blush on his cheek become brighter . It was a bright blush but since the surrounding is dark , Jihyo didn’t even realize that he was smiling brightly beside her . After that , he was having a hard time to focus on the movie since her action keep replaying in his mind , his smile never fade away , he even secretly glance at her .

“ She’s pretty , even in the dark “ he thought to himself as he stares at her . He’s completely fallen for her , making it’s hard for him to look away . Good thing that she was too focused on the movie and didn’t realize what he’s doing and probably didn’t realize that her gesture just now is driving that man crazy . .

After the movie ended , they immediately went to Gary’s car before deciding where to have their dinner .

“ Let’s just have dinner at my restaurant , I’ll tell my staff to get the VIP room ready “ he said as he start the car’s engine .

“ Are you sure ? Isn’t it’s a bit late already ? “ she hesitate .

“ I’m the boss , it’s a no problem “ he said and looked at her .

" but even at this hour , there's still workers at your restaurant oppa ? " she asked .

" No , but few of my worker lives nearby the restaurant " he explained .

Seeing that Jihyo's starting to get uneasy , he continued " It's okay , I'll just tell them to have their day off or they're allowed to come late for tomorrow , or maybe I'll give them some bonus . Don't worry , I know how to handle it " 

“ Oh . . okay then . . “ she replied and were about to pull the seat bealt but she can't seem to pull it  . Gary chuckled when he sees her struggling . He leaned closer to her and helped her to pull the seat belt before plucking it in . His sincere action manage to catch her heart , her heart unknowingly melted by his action . She keep staring at him with a blush as he adjusting the rear-view mirror .

“ Why ? Oh , I'm sorry , that's seat bealt is having some problem . I better go and repair it soon  “ he said when he realize that she was staring at him .

She slightly flinched and came back to her right mind “ Oh ? erm . . It's okay . . Yah ~ Kang Gary really take a good care of me today . He even buying me dinner right now “ she calmly changed the subject , making Gary laugh .

“ I didn’t say that I’m going to pay “ he tease .

“ Yah , you’re a man . A man should treat the women on their date “ she complained

“ What ? So , you’re seeing this as a date then ? I didn’t know that . Well then , since Song Ji Hyo-shi says this is a date , then I’m paying “ he continue teasing her with his cheesy word . It may look like he’s joking and didn’t take it seriously but the fact is , he was really excited to know that she sees this as a date rather than a hang out between friends .

She on the other hand was also surprised by her own word , she spontaneously reveal what’s this outing really mean to her . “ But since he’s paying , I’ll just let this one go . He doesn’t seem to take my word seriously anyway “ she thought to herself , trying to convince herself .

Arrived at Gary’s restaurant , they went in from the back door to avoid the public . They straight away went to the room where Gary told his staff to prepared . They sit facing each other , and Gary handed her the menu , asking her what would she like to eat . 

“ I don’t know oppa , anything would be fine “ she replied and close the menu , giving her full trust to the boss .

“ Everything is good here , just tell me “ he refused , afraid that what he will order doesn’t match her appetite .

“ No oppa , I’m serious . I’m okay with anything that the boss recommended “ she replied and let out a small laugh . Gary give up and with that he ordered bulgogi , daboki , ssambap and a few bottles of soju .

“ Yah ~ Kang Gary really know what I wanted to eat “ she praised him when he finished ordering , making him smiling with a shy blush .

Since their wasn’t any customer  , so their food arrive early . Jihyo was clearly excited when she sees the food coming , Gary offered himself to grill the meat while Jihyo enjoy her daboki . Seeing how he grill the meat neatly and diligently , she slightly feel guilty . She offered herself to take over the grilling job but Gary refused , saying that she’s a guest so she should just enjoy her meal . Trying to make herself feel good , she grabbed some of the daboki with her chopstick and put it in his mouth . She accidently smudge his lips .

“ Oh oppa , I’m sorry “ she apologize and quickly rub it off with her thumbs , making Gary’s heart melted .

Their dinner were filled by much laughter , they talked about some Running Man’s scene, about the celebrities who came as a guest for Running Man and even share some funny stories , both of them felt good that they’re getting much closer and didn’t feel awkward with each other anymore . Thanks to their hunger , there were no left over food .

“ It’s 2am now , do you want to go home now ? “ Gary asked as he put on his seat belt but Jihyo refused to go home yet , claiming that she still have more energy .

“ besides , I’ll be feeling alone again if I go home now “ she continue while slightly pouting . Hearing her answer somehow broke his heart , knowing that she felt alone makes him feel bad for her and for some reason , he also felt a little guilty . He remain silent for a moment before continuing

“ Okay then . . If you don’t want to go home yet , let’s go somewhere else “ he said and start driving .

“ to where ? “ she asked in curiosity but Gary only respond with a smile .

After about half an hour of driving , they finally arrive at the place that Gary wanted to bring her to .

“ Hangang Park ? “ she recognize the place .

“ but why here ? “ she asked again .

“ come out “ he ignored her question .

Without much thinking , she wore her cap and mask before coming out from the car and followed him . Gary looked at her and chuckled

“ What’s with the cap and mask ? It’s not like there’ll be anyone here at this hour “ he claimed and keep walking . Jihyo fastened her step to catch up with him while slightly yelling “ How would you know ? “ again making Gary chuckled . He then replied that he often come here at that hour if he wanted to get some fresh air , it is quite far from his house , but to him , this is the best place to find his peace .

“ Really ? Well , if you say like that . I can enjoy the scenery rather than worrying about other people “ she said as she pulled down her mask and calmly walked next to him . Gary who was just smiling then reach out and grabbed her cap , taking it off from her head .

“ Ah Oppa ! “ she flinched .

“ Give it back “ she tried to reach for her cap which was being held high by him .

“ Enjoy it in the right way , get rid of this thing that could block your view of the surrounding “ he responded , but then he saw her pouting and turned away before pulling up her mask again and keep walking . Gary chuckled at the sight of her sulking , he slowly fastened his step to catch her up .

Reaching at the right distance , he walked right behind her before surprising her by putting her cap on her head from behind . Jihyo quickly turned around and saw him standing there , smiling sweetly to her . He then turned the cap backward , after that , he gently brushed her hair that was slightly falling and covered her eyes .

“ you can have your cap back , as long as you keep wearing it this way for tonight “ he said and pulled her so that they could keep walking .

“ Oppa “ she mumbled .

They continue their silent walk for about 10 minutes , both were so immersed with the calm surrounding .  Feeling slightly tired of walking , they decided to take a seat at the bench , facing the Han River . Gary looked up into the sky and saw the full moon , it was bright and beautiful .

“ Look at the moon “ he said and pointed towards it , guiding Jihyo’s eyes to the moon .

“ Wah , it’s beautiful ! “ she responded and awe .

He then looked at her , “ just like someone I know “ he said , immediately caught her attention . She looked at him , staring right into her eyes with those gentle eyes of him . Making Jihyo’s heart beating fast .

“ You “ he mumbled , immediately making Jihyo’s cheek blushed brightly in red .

He stopped for a moment , before continuing “ Just like your wide forehead , it’s wide just like the full moon and shine like the moon’s brightness “ he said , and laughed hard over his own jokes . Jihyo’s who started to melt by his word quickly become annoyed with his description .

“ Yah Kang Gary ! What does  that suppose to mean !? “ she yelled and hit him on his back , with her hard hit he yelled in pain but still laughing hard .

Jihyo stood up and walked away with anger . Gary looked at her with his teary eyes from laughing , he know he should be feeling bad but somehow his mind were distracted from that feeling since all he could see was her cuteness .

He quickly stood up and run to her , at the right distance , he pulled her from her shoulder and turned her over , facing him . He hold her by her shoulder , he chuckled by the sight of her sulking .

“ I’m just joking “ he said gently , but Jihyo is still mad and said “ what kind of joke is that ! “ . Gary just smiled.

“ I’m joking “ he said again .

“ it’s like your eyes “ he continued with his gentle voice and eyes .

“ Oppa “ she mumbled .

“ It’s like your eyes , big and round as the full moon , bright as the moon’s brightness , capturing anyone’s heart by just looking at it , making people lose in their awe by staring into it and make people feel good again . Just like that full moon or maybe that full moon can’t even win over your beautiful eyes “

“ Oppa “ she said again , not knowing what else to say . She just looked at his who was staring right back into her eyes .

After a few good second , she immediately turned around , escaping herself from his hand . 

“ Really ? Well . . Thank you “ she said . Leaving him confused.

“ Let’s send me home now , it’s late already and I’m tired “ she continued and walked back towards the direction of Gary’s car . He who was still in his confused mind just followed her . With his dumbfounded face , he walked behind her . Then suddenly she turned around .

“ What’s with that face ? “ she said . 

“ Are you surprised with my simple reaction ? “ she continued and let out a small giggle , making Gary more confuse .

“ I’m used to it oppa . I’m used to your chessy word , so it doesn't really caught me . You do really think that I’m into it right ? I’m sorry oppa , but try again next time “ and she laughed , she then walked to him and pulled him by the wrist .

“ Stop doing that face and hurry up . I’m tired . Sent me home ~ “ she  whined and continue pulling him .
Hearing her words makes Gary felt a little dumb for really think that she was into it , maybe it’s a punishment for the joke he made earlier . “ I guess she’s really hard to get , I need some more strength “ he thought to himself and slowly a small smile appeared on his lips .

But something that he doesn’t know is that she actually fall for it , she may say it otherwise but she’s really falling for it . Her heart was beating fast and her cheek was blushing brightly as she pulled him . It’s just that she’s good in hiding it . She know that she really starting to fall for his charm but “ no no no , I have to play hard to get . I’m not that easy . If he's really serious , he'll not give up “ she still tries to convince herself to not to fall to easily .


Arriving at the car park under her apartment building .

“ Thank you very much for such an enjoyable night oppa “ she thanked him and patted him by the hand .

“ It’s nothing . It’s really fun to spend time with you “ he replied .

“ I really appreciate it oppa , let’s go out again when we’re both free okay ? “ she continued and Gary just nodded in respond as and ‘agree’ sign .

“ I’m going now . Good night “ she said and went to him for a hug , she then get out from the car and walked away . Again , leaving Gary in his confused mind .

Gary left the car park still with his confuse mind and after a few minute of driving , he’s finally on his right mind . “ she hugged me “ he mumbled and a smile immediately appear on his lips . He was feeling excited and happy again .

“ I don’t think I could sleep tonight “ he thought to himself .

" That's right ! Let's go out again  next time " he continued


Hello there , well that's the end of chapter 3 . Do tell me what you think of it , and I'm sorry for my late update . For the students , I wish you " Welcome Back To School " :))

P/s Sorry if there were any wrong spelling or grammatical errors .

Written by , 

Mc_HyoRy2