Sparkles of Love

Saudade

“ Oppa , teach me how to skate “ she said in a cheerful voice .

“ Me ? “ he asked again .

“ Yes , you Kang Gary-shi . Haha oppa said that you’re good in skateboarding , I want to learn how “ she replied and took a bite of her donuts .

Throughout a few weeks , Gary and Jihyo had grown closer to each other . They often went for a drink at Haha’s or Gary’s restaurant , they no longer feel any awkwardness between them , they could share almost anything on their mind . Having a 4 years doesn’t seems to stop this two for being a close friends , they could talk freely to each other . As time passes , Jihyo tend to be more comfortable around him and always listen to his stories . When any one of them is having a problem , the other one will always lend an ear and gives some advices on how to overcome problems . Gary being the older and the wiser one always offer her a life advice and Jihyo really appreciate it .

Gary stepped out into the wet air . It was 11 at night , it was just after the rain had stopped . The skate park would probably be wet right now but Jihyo insisted that she wanted to learn skateboarding that night , leaving Gary no other choice other than to listen to her . Besides , spending some time alone with her wouldn’t be so bad , it’s more like chance and chances like this doesn’t come easily .

He pulled his hood down low over his eyes , shoved his left hand into his pocket while the shoulder is carrying a backpack , his other hand was holding onto the skateboard and walked through the park where they decided to meet . As he’s getting near at the skate park, he could see a familiar body standing while holding on the skateboard , a wide smile formed on his lips when he knew it was Jihyo .

He approach her .

“ Am I late ? “ he asked and put down his skateboard . Jihyo seems a little bit surprised by his sudden appearance .

“ No..No , I just arrived as well , but it seems like this area is way too wet for skateboarding “ she explained as she pointed at the area . Gary nodded in agreement .

“ Then , let’s find some other place “ he said and walked away , followed by Jihyo .

After a few minutes of walking and Gary explaining the basic of skateboarding , they finally find a good place , a basketball court at the park . It’s the perfect place for them , the surface is smooth to skateboarding and less wet than the other places , which is he doesn’t know why . He put his skateboard down and started skateboarding around the court , trying to warm his body up while Jihyo who was just standing there , observing every move he make .

“ Try it “ he said , and Jihyo obeyed him . She got onto her skateboard which she borrowed from one of her friend . She try to skate a few times but she often fell off from it . Gary laugh by the sight , he walked towards her and offered her his hand so that she could hold onto it as she moves forward .

After a few time of trying , she got a little bit better , she managed to push her leg and put it together on the skate board while it slowly moves forward yet her hand is still glued to Gary’s .

“ It’s just the same as wakeboarding “ he said , trying to convince her .

After a few more times of trying , she finally want to give it another try , this time without holding his hand . She took a deep breath , with her left leg she pushes the board forward and slowly put the leg on the board , joining the other one . It’s moves forward a little faster than before and Gary ran closely behind her , so that he could quickly grab her just in case if she falls .

When the skate stopped , she losses her balance and fall right into his arm who was right besides her at that moment . The sudden impact of her falling onto him without he being ready causing both of them fall onto the ground , with Jihyo on the top and Gary lying flatly on his back on the ground . She was about to push herself up when they eyes meet , their face was just a few inches from each other and their nose almost touched . Both lost in that moment , butterflies flying around their stomach , fluttering heart makes their heart beat rises , and the red blushes appear brightly on their face .

Gary was the one who got back into the reality when he finally could feel the cold water which he fall onto .

“ Are you okay ? “ he asked , making sure she’d fine even when he’s back are mostly wet .

“ Y..yes..I’m okay “ she replied and pushed herself up back to her leg , she then offered a hand to help Gary up . When he stood up , Jihyo realize that water were dripping from his shirt .

“ Oppa ! Did you fell on the water ?! “ she slightly yelled and turned him around , so that she could see the back of his shirt .

“ Oppa , I’m so sorry “ she immediately apologize to him .

“ No it’s okay , I brought some extra clothes so it’s okay “ he explained and smiled . Of course , it can’t be denied that he was feeling really cold after falling into the water , but he doesn’t want her to feel bad about it , besides they just had their ‘moment’ so falling on the cold water with the women you love lying on top of you is a no reason to get mad or have a bad day .

“ Let me just change my shirt first “ he continued while pointing towards his backpack that he put at the edge of the court . “ Wait here “ he said and ran towards it , the wind that was hitting him as he run only helped the cold on his back getting worst but he endured it .

He quickly pulled the drenched shirt over his head and grabbed the extra shirt out from the bag . Jihyo who was standing a few meters from him secretly watched him , her heart flutters at the sight of  his y back , the way his back muscle shows when he pulled the shirt over his head and a his tattoo that slightly shown over his shoulder somehow just melts that women’s heart right away .

She flinched and looked away when she realize that he was done changing and turned over , she was hoping that he doesn’t realize the fact that she had been staring him but how unfortunately , he knew . A smiled formed on his lips when he saw her quickly changing her view as he turned over , knowing that she’d been staring at him gives him a sudden boost of confidence .

He ran towards her and called her when he’s getting near , by then the actress acted like that she didn’t have her focus on him .

“ Oh , you finished ? “ she acted , which Gary found cute .

“ Yes “ he replied .

“ So , wanna continue practice “ he asked , with his leg , he pulled the skateboard closer to them . Jihyo seems to hesitate a little , she doesn’t want to fall and make any one of them wet again . Gary chuckled .

“ Come one , one last ride for tonight ? “ he persuade her and she nodded in agreement .

Gary pointed towards his back pack as a sign for her to skate until there .

With her left leg , she slowly pushed the board forward and after the tyre rolls a few times , at the right timing she put the leg on to skateboard , joining her other leg which was already on the board since the beginning . Gary pulled over his own skateboard and slowly skating behind her .

Reaching the end point , Jihyo let down one of her leg to slow down the movement , she stopper in proper way , making Gary who had been watching her throughout their practice session feels a little proud of seeing her finally could do the basics .

Gary handed over a bottle of water to her to make her feel energize again , Jihyo thanked him and drink the water before handing it back to him .

“ Thank you for tonight oppa “ she thanked again .

“ There’s no need for that , I didn’t teach you much . You learn it all by yourself “ he said as he pick up his back pack .

“ So where do you wanna go now ? “ he asked him .

“ I don’t know “ she respond .

“ Let’s find some nice place to sit , I have some snack here . Let’s eat “ he said and they walked away from the basketball court .

They take their seat on the bench , facing the little lake on the middle of the park . There were no people around , which makes them felt a little lonely yet feels like they own the park . Gary then grabbed out the snacks from his backpack , she smiled by just looking at the amount of snacks that he bought .

“ Eat it “ he said as he took a sip of water .  With that Jihyo picked one of the snacks and tried to open it , but she somehow she losses her strength and end up struggling to open it . Gary saw it and immediately help her to open the snack before handing it back to her with a smile .

“ It seems like you’ve lose your strength from skateboarding “ he said with a teasing tone .

“ Maybe . Well , it is tiring but it was fun ! So I’m okay “ she said in reply .

As they were enjoying their snacks , they chatted around about random things .

“ Oppa , how’s your music going ? “ she asked .

“ Fine , but lately I’m having a hard time to find some inspiration “

“ What do you often do to find one ? “

“ I’m not sure , sometimes by going to club , meeting friends or sometimes by just walking at the street . I would say that my surrounding often gives me the idea “ he replied .

Finish with their snacks they decided to go home since both of them are quite tired and each have schedule to attend tomorrow .

They were on their way back to their car when suddenly rains poured down making the two wet , they were panicking as their fastened their feet to find a shelter and the only shelter that was on their mind was their car . They were running when suddenly Gary slipped into the puddle , causing a big splash that surprised Jihyo who was just a small step behind him . Seeing the sight of that man sitting in the puddle , drenched with the water on the ground and also from the water fallen from the sky , somehow makes her feel bad yet funny . A laugh could be heard from her , making Gary turned back looking at her with that confused and pathetic face which make Jihyo laugh a little harder .

It was humiliating for him but seeing her like that , and hearing her tinkle of laughter makes him feel good . Not enough of falling into a puddle , he falls again which is he falls for her , over and over again .

With a teary eyes , she moved forward and offered him her hand to help him stand up .

“ I’m all wet again “ he said as he hold her hand . Sensing the pulling force from her , he immediately pulled himself up but suddenly his hand slipped from her , causing him fall over again into the puddle .

“ Yah ! “ he yelled .

“ Oh ! I’m sorry oppa , I really didn’t mean it ! “ she apologize and she meant it , she losses more strength from laughing to hard and the wet hand of him makes it worst , causing her to easily losing her grip .

“ Come here “ he said and pulled Jihyo , down with him into puddle . Jihyo let out a loud yell as she falls with him . The water splashed on her face causing her face to get drenched with dirty water , she closed her eyes as she was trying to breath for air .

She wiped her face and opened her eyes , she’s about to get really mad to Gary but when she looked at him , he was laughing brightly . He laugh so bright that the smile pressed his cheek up , revealed his teeth , his eyes were shut in a smile as it crinkles at the corners . At that moment , the anger faded away . Just like what he felt when he saw her smile , she melted .

Soon , a laughter could be heard from both of them as they sit there on the ground splashing each other with the puddle water , Jihyo even collected the rain using both of her hand and then throw the water at him making him yell in a laugh  , they were fully wet with both water from that was on the ground and from the sky yet they didn’t care .

Gary too , collected the water using his hand before splashing it towards her . She blocked the water with her hands , the smiles that sprinkles behind the water make him realize . That was it .

He makes a few step forwards towards her , he grabbed her in the face with both of his hand . Before she even knew it , their lips were pressed together in a tender kiss . Realizing that , her eyes widened , her lips froze , her heart race and the mind went blank , the surrounding went silent .

He then pulled back , still holding her in the face , they stare in each other’s eyes . Her lips moved , wanted to mumbled out something but no words could come out . She was confused , she didn’t know which feelings that she should let the heart feel cause there were too much of emotion at once .

Seeing her lips slightly moves wanting to form a word , he leaned forward again for another kiss . Jihyo was shocked again with his bold moves , but then the eyes which widens earlier suddenly closed slowly . The second kiss turns to be a passionate one , her lips parted letting him explore her lips . Her hands slowly moves to his face , the left hand hold him on his jaw line while the other hands roamed at his hair as she leaned forward and slightly tilted her head . Feeling that his kiss being accepted , one of his hand lowered down to her waist . Holding her and slightly pulling her closer . Both enjoying the passion of each other , the heart that was beating fast earlier , slowed down making both feel calm in each other’s embrace . Butterflies could be felt in the stomach and the heart flutters in a peaceful way .

Everything seems to be prefect at that moment even when it’s raining and both were soaked , that doesn’t stop them from enjoying their time . It feels like the time slowed down for them .

After a few good second , both gently pulled away . Breathing slightly heavy while staring into each other eyes , both eyes were filled with sparkles of love . But then , Jihyo went back to the reality , her mind went shocked again and the only thing that was on her mind was to run . She looked around with confuse before leaned down and grabbed her skate and ran away , leaving Gary behind .

Right then , Gary felt a sudden guilt filling his heart . His hand somehow start to shake in nervousness , “ What did I just do ? “ he asked himself , his mouth was left ajar from the shock . He really thought that she liked it since she responded the kiss , “ but I guess she didn’t “ his thought whispered again . His leg gave up , he immediately went down . There he was , knees on the ground , waters hitting him from above and the bad feelings keep beating both his heart and mind .

Feeling that she ran far enough and was sure that he didn’t followed her , she slowed her steps . The light steps while running now turns into a heavy steps of walking . The heart felt bad for leaving him like that and she didn’t know why the mind and body decided to run . “ Why did he kiss me “ she asked , “ was it because he really have feelings for me “ , “ or just because he felt good of the surrounding “ the question keep bothering her mind as she walked to her car . Finally reaching her car , she put the skate on the side passenger seat before going over to the driver side .

 She pulled the door , and get into the car . She sat there , hand both on the steering , still lost in her mind .  She recalled the situation earlier , how passionate they were during the kiss , “ it feels good “ she then mumbled as the hot red blush appeared on her cheek and a shy smile formed on her lips . With that , she’s getting ready to drive home but then she saw him , walking at the park a few meters away from her car . His head hanging low , one hand were inside the pocket while the other was holding his skate with his bag on his back . She could see how he was in despair , making her feel bad for leaving him . He kept walking forward while looking down , soon his figure disappeared from her sight .

“ Kang Gary . I’m sorry “ she whispered , hoping that the word could be heard by him .

Then , with a heavy heart , she drives away . 


P/s Sorry if there were any wrong spelling or grammatical errors .Hope that you enjoy this chapter !

Written by , 
Mc_HyoRy2