Friends

Saudade

A/n I'm deeply sorry for the sudden 'completed' accident , I think I accidently mark this story as complete while I was updating . My internet has been bad so I'm really sorry for the late update . This story is not complete yet so I hope you'll continue to enjoy reading this . 


“ That jerk “ Jihyo cursed as she start her car , leaving Gary’s neighbourhood . Her anger was showing but somehow her eyes were in tears . She was angry and hurt . “ Spend time together my “ she cursed again as the tears rolled down her cheeks . She came all the way with a positive thinking , with a wide smile , looking forward on their time alone but things just doesn’t seem to work as she thinks .

After an hour of driving , she finally reach her neighbourhood’s parking lot . She took a deep breath before exhaling it and leaned back to the seat . She couldn’t say a word , the pain in her heart seems to take over her mind . Soon sobs could be heard in her car , and tears keep coming down .

Gary stood blankly facing the veranda , his face shows peacefulness but his mind was a mess . He turned back to the dining table , there it was , his burned lunch . He sighed and massage his forehead . He couldn’t possibly get mad over Eunji since she doesn’t really know what’s happening , he couldn’t be mad over Jihyo too since she’s the one who’s hurting the most by now , so there’s only one left to be blame , “ myself “ he whispered in despair .

Suddenly his phone sounded , he answers it without any thinking .

“ Oppa ~ “ it was Eunji .

“ Oh Eunji-ah , why ? “ he tried to sound normal .

“ Is everything okay ? “ she asked , Gary went speechless for a moment .

“ Ermm . y . . yes everything is fine “ he faked chuckles .

“ You don’t sound so good “

“ Ah . . ani . . emm . . my cooking earlier turned out bad so I’m a bit disappointed , but it’s not a big deal “ he lied again . Eunji laughed .

“ Is that so ? Well , keep practicing . I think I’ve to go now oppa , it’s good to know that you’re fine . Take care oppa  “ Eunji said before she hung up .

Gary stared at the phone and chuckled , it feels good to know that someone is worried about you .

Suddenly feeling tired from standing , he went to sit on his couch . He leaned his head backward to the seat and sighed . He turn his head to the veranda , “ it’s going to be a long day “ he murmured and smiled weakly .

And just how he predicted , that day become a really long and tiring day for both of them . Gary suddenly got called out for a sudden meeting back in his studio , and it wasn’t because of a good news . While Jihyo decided to spend the day with focusing on reading and looking into the script she got . They tried their best to not think about each other for the day . They finishes their day with Jihyo falls asleep with bunch of scripts while Gary didn’t get his sleep because of his work .

The next day started with Jihyo preparing herself for another photoshoot schedule for a magazine , she stares at the mirror and it was staring her back , blankly . She sighed and glance at her phone , “ should I call him ? “ she thought as she bit her lower lips , she was about to grab her phone when suddenly it rings , surprising her . She grab it and look at the ID , it wasn’t who she expected .

“ Oh Jeonghwan-ah “ she answered .

“ Ah Sungim-ah , where are you now ? “ he immediately asked and Jihyo told him where she was .

“ Sorry for interrupting but can I ask whether you’re free this evening ? “ he boldly asked . Jihyo recalled her schedule for the day , “ Yes , I’m free . Why ? “

“ Ermm , want to hangout ? “ he asked , without hesitation Jihyo agreed . They agreed that Jeonghwan will pick her up at the studio .

Jihyo smiled at the phone , looking forward for the time to spend with her friend .

“ Song Jihyo-shii , let’s start now can we ? “ the cameraman called out , Jihyo immediately left her phone and went to the studio .

Gary rubs his forehead as he looked down to the empty paper , frustrated that he didn’t came up with anything for the past hours . His teammate keep telling him that it’s because he wasn’t in a good mind condition and told him to get a rest first but the stubborn Gary stubbornly stick with his work .

“ What’s wrong with Gary-hyung ? “ one of his junior asked Gil , Gil just shook his head in despair . He’s been trying to get Gary to talk about it but Gary keep telling that it wasn’t a big deal and he could handle it by himself but looking at how Gary is now , “ I don’t think he’ll be ok “ Gil murmured .

Gary drop his pen and sighed , he stares at his phone but shook his head . “ She’s probably busy “ he thought and grab his pen and went to give his 100% focus on his work .

Jihyo like usual give her best for her work and the staff were all impressed on how good she was , the cameraman was satisfied with her . Thanks to all hard work , the photoshoot ended early than scheduled . Jihyo went to change her clothes and took off her make up before applying just a light natural one .

“ Unnie , I’ll be going somewhere after this and my friend will pick me up “ Jihyo told her manager as she pack her things .

“ Who ? “

“ My old friend “ she simply replied and her manager just nodded . Jihyo’s manager waited with her down at the lobby until Jeonghwan arrive to pick her up . Jihyo ran towards his car with a smile , and he greeted her with a wide smile too . They waved back to Jihyo’s manager before Jeonghwan drove away .

“ You finish early “ he said and Jihyo nodded .

“ Things went smoothly “ she simply replied . Jeonghwan nodded back and there was silent for a moment .

“ So where do you wanna go ? “ Jeonghwan broke the silent . Jihyo pouted her lips while thinking .

“ Let’s go eat first , I’m starving “ she said and patted her tummy , making Jeonghwan chuckled and asked her what she wanted to eat .

“ Anything would be fine “ she replied and they decided to go to the nearest restaurant .

The restaurant owner is one of Jeonghwan close friends so with his help they manage to get some private space right at the special corner of the restaurant .

“ Order anything you want , it’s my treat “ Jeonghwan said as he pass the menu to Jihyo , she refuse saying that she should treat him since he pick her up .

“ Let’s do this , I’ll treat you for today and if we meet some other day , the food is on you “ he suggested and Jihyo agreed , she took the menu and order some of her favourite food .


Gary is still struggling with his work , he doesn’t know why but no lyric nor beat could came up to his mind . He wasn’t in peace , that was for sure . He grabs his phone and called someone . He smiled as he put the phone on his ears .

“ Yes ? “

“ Omma “ Gary called out , he’s always been like this , when he wasn’t in his right mind the first person who actually came to his mind was his mother . Ever since he was a kid , he’s very close to her and he loves her so much .

“ Why Heegun-ah ? Are you having a hard time ? “ as expected from his mother , she knows him too well to just be able to guess the right thing about him .

“ Well , this time it’s a little hard “ he confessed . His mother stayed silent for a moment and Gary too .

“ Heegun-ah , please stay strong . Trust me , this is just a little part of hardship . Stay strong and keep moving forward , I know you’ll find the happiness and this will all be worth it “ she said with a soft voice , Gary doesn’t know why but somehow it hurts him and it’s encouraging at the same time . He smiled .

“ Arasso omma , thank you . “

“ Go back to work my son . Hwaiting Kang Gary ! Omma loves you “ she said , and they end their conversation .

Just after Gary put down his phone Gil approach him from the back and gives him a cup of ramen , telling him that he at least need to eat since he’s been staying up since last night . Gary thanked him take the ramen . When Gil leaves , Gary stares at the food “ I wonder she had eaten or not “ his mind thought . As much as he want to call and find out but “ I’m pretty sure her manager and staff has prepare her food “ his mind and ego stops him . 

While Gary was eating his ramen , Jihyo was having quite a good time with Jeonghwan . Their talked was filled with the memories of their old days , the funny moments , the thing they regret doing and many more , she was smiling all the time and so was he . For that moment , it couldn’t be denied that she wasn’t thinking about Gary but still he was still there somewhere in her mind and heart .

“ Ya , where do you want to go after this ? “ Joenghwan asked as he munch his food . Jihyo raises her shoulder as an “ I don’t know “ . Jeonghwan nodded as he tries to think a good suggestion . As he was thinking , he has his eyes on her , watching every move of her . He chuckles seeing at how cute she was no matter what she does , picking the food , putting it inside , munching it and swallowing it deliciously . He sighed a silent regret before changing his focus to his food .

“ Let’s get some coffee after this . “ she said and smiled pleading him to agree . He chuckles and nodded , she giggled happily and continue to eat her meal deliciously .

Just like what she wanted , after paying the bills Jeonghwan drive to the nearest cafe and get her and himself a cup of coffee . Jihyo waited patiently in the car , “ there’s many people “ she thought as she stares at the cafe counter which was filled  with people waiting for their turn . She saw Jeonghwan , standing somewhere between the people and suddenly he turns to her and smiled , Jihyo unknowingly replies with a smile and a wave . When he turns away , she does too and leaned her head to the seat before sighing . “ Things doesn’t feel right but why am I still enjoying it ? “ she thought .

After a few minutes Jeonghwan is back in the car . “ Sorry for the waiting “ he said and pass her coffee to her , Jihyo thanked him and took it before drinking a small sip . Jeonghwan asked her again where she wanted to go , “ I don’t know “ she replies but then , something came to her mind “ Ya , where do you live right now ? “ she asked . “ Somewhere near here actually , let me show you “ he said and put down his coffee before he starts driving .

Soon they were in some neighbourhood somewhere near the cafe just now , Jihyo didn’t know there were a neighbourhood around “ probably since I’m always busy and didn’t go out much “ she thought as she looks around . “ My house is that one “ he said as he point towards one of the houses , Jihyo nodded “ That’s a beautiful house “ she said . Jeonghwan laughed “ wait until you see how messy it is from the inside “ , Jihyo laughed along .

“ Want to visit my house ? “ he asked .

“ Sure “ she nodded , Jeonghwan nodded back and drove towards his own house .

Jihyo was still looking around as the car drove towards Jeonghwan house , just then their car past a couple walking by . Jihyo’s eyes when wide when she saw the couple , she looks for them from the side mirror , she gulped when she recognize those familiar people . She laid back to her seat properly and breathed deeply .

“ Are you okay ? “ Jeonghwan said when he realize that there’s something wrong with her . He immediately stops the car and asked again . Jihyo faked a small smile and said that she’s fine , “ I just suddenly feel sick “ she continue . Jeonghwan nodded and start the car , “ Let’s get you home “ and  make a u-turn . Once the car was facing the other way , Jihyo brace her heart , ready for what’s coming . As the car drove forward , there they were again , the two people . 

The closer the car get , the more recognizable they were and Jihyo knows she’s right . The car past them , she shut her eyes and sighed .

On the other hand .

“ Thank you oppa “ Eunji bowed .

“ It’s nothing really “ Gary replied with a shy smile .

“ It’s pretty far from your studio , plus you’re busy . I’m sorry for having you to walk me home this far oppa “ Eunji thanked and apologize .

“ You’ve been saying the same thing along the way . It’s okay . I’m the one who should thank you for bringing my team our meal “ Gary patted her head and laughed . Eunji just smiled shyly .

“ You can go now oppa , I’ll take care from here “ Eunji said and Gary nodded , telling her to stay alert and always be careful . Eunji nodded back and pushed Gary from behind , “ Go back “ she said . Gary chuckled and walked away as he waves back . 


Hello again guys , and again I'm sorry for the ' completed ' accident . I was feeling weird when I saw some comments and messages saying that this is the end but I guess maybe it's because of the cligghanger , I didn't notice that I myself marked this story as ' complete ' , I just realize this now when I wanted to update this chapter . Therefore I'm really sorry for the sudden shock I've cause and from the amount of messages I receive telling me to continue write this story had been a huge encouragement for me . Thank you very much .

For those who haven't subscribe , please kindly subscribes this story . Thank you ! 

And for my muslims readers , I wish you Selamat Menjalani Ibadah Puasa :)

P/s Sorry if there were any wrong spelling and grammatical error

Written by , 
Mc_HyoRy2