We're Just The Same

Saudade

Gary went straight to the bathroom to take his shower once he reach home , since tomorrow there’s a Running Man filming so Gary decided to get some plenty of rest . After the shower he went to his bed and grab his phone , without any hesitation he called Jihyo .

“ Oh oppa ? “ it didn’t take long for her to answer which makes Gary felt happy .

“ Oh Jihyo-ah , what are you doing ? “

“ Just resting . You ? “

“ Same , how was today ? “

“ Good “

“ Oh ~ “ Gary could feel something were off with her short answer .

“ You tired ? “

“ Yes ~ “ her answer gave Gary a complete disappointment , he know he couldn’t possibly continue the conversation with the fact that he know she’s tired . But still , he could feel something was not right .

“ Well then , go get some rest . See you tomorrow “

“ Arasso ~ Goodbye ~ “ she replied and straight away end the call . Gary stared his phone is disappointment , he threw the phone lightly on the bed and lie down before sighing . “ Yah ~ Song Ji Hyo ~ “ he sighed .

On the other side Jihyo was still full of anger of what she sees earlier . I couldn’t be denied that the couple that she saw around Jeonghwan neighbourhood was Gary and Eunji , she was sure since she knew how Gary look from every side . The way he walked was him , and the tattoo was a strong prove .

She sighed as she keep changing the tv channel then something came to her mind , she suddenly feel bad to decline Jeonghwan invitation to his house so she grab her phone and texted him an apologize “ Sorry for my sudden bad condition , I’ll visit your house next time for sure ! “ , after a few minutes he replied that he was okay and ready to have her visit anytime . Jihyo started to feel relief again but not that much cause there’s still one problem that need to be solve .


The next morning came , Jihyo arrive extra early than the others which surprises the staff since Jihyo is usually the last member to arrive .

“ Jihyo-shi , you arrive early today . Why ? “ Myuk PD asked , causing Jihyo to chuckle .

“ Why is everyone asking me the same question , I got up early so I move early . Why ? Is it really strange for me to be early ? “ she said , causing the other staff laughed to when they hear her .

“ It is a bit strange , hehehe . Anyway , please rest a bit while waiting for the others and the staff to prepare the opening set “ Myuk PD said while pointing at one of the tent that the staff had prepared . Jihyo thanked him and leave .

After about half an hour all the member arrived , they greeted Jihyo and she respond but after that she remain silent . Jaesuk notice and asked if she’s okay , as usual Jihyo doesn’t really want to involve the others with their problem so she lied saying that she’s just tired . “ Just take it easy for today okay ? “ Jaesuk said as he pat her back , she thanked him sincerely . Maybe she really need to take it easy for today , just for today .

After seeing Jaesuk left her alone , Gary made and attempt to talk to her . He slowly walked towards her who is now focusing on her phone , it’s a lie to say that Jihyo didn’t notice .

“ Jihyo-ah ? “ Gary cleared his throat . Jihyo’s eyes immediately went on him .

“ Yes oppa ? “ she replied with a small fake smile to fool him for a moment .

“ Are you okay ? Why aren’t you talking ? Are you tired ? “ Gary’s questioning without stop , making her chuckles and it’s a real one . She could never stop herself for loving his cuteness but she know sometimes she have to be fierce .

“ I’m just tired , don’t worry “ she replied and went back to her phone .

“ Didn’t get enough sleep ? Why ? Didn’t you finish early yesterday ? “ he asked .

“ It’s nothing . I need to call my manger now , I’ve to go “ Jihyo made an excuse and walked away without giving him a chance to reply . Gary sighed , he’s confused . At first she was smiling but the next moment she’s cold “ You’re hard to understand sometimes “ he whispers to himself .

The next few minutes the PD called all of them to gather for the opening . Jihyo enter the set immediately and went to stand next to Haha which was quite far from Gary . Haha notice it and wanted to point it out but since the filming had started , so he keep it silent .

The opening went like usual , but for this filming there were no guest , the member will just simply go against each other . After their today’s mission is being explain , they went to their changing room . The guys had little chat before they were called out , somewhere in between their chat , Haha whispers at Gary asking if she’s okay . “ I don’t know Donghoon-ah , she’s really hard sometimes “ he sighed and Haha nodded in sympathy for both of them . As much as he want to interrupt and help them but he know sometimes thing have to be handle only between them . 

The filming start with the member will try to gain individual point for their last mission . Throughout the first mission , it was obvious to Gary that she’s totally ignoring him . He tried to talk , she did respond but it was rather a cold one .

Gary was having a hard time for having to portray that he was completely fine in front of the cameras , and finally the PD called for a lunch time . Gary sighed in relieve but still there’s still someone that he really need to take care of .

Like usual , the members will have their own table for them to sit together . Some of the member apologize to each other for being too hard in front of the camera and mostly they were fine with it . Gary went to take a seat in front of Jihyo but she was focusing more on her phone . He can’t possibly take away her phone , he doesn’t want to be rude or cause any problem while lunch .

When their food arrive , all of them eat it deliciously and talked with each other . The air was of course filled with happy vibes , well accept at the edge on the table where our couple were seated . They were completely silent , silently munching and swallowing their food . They will only talked when their name were mentioned .

“ If he doesn’t start first , I wouldn’t too “ Jihyo’s ego says and so as his . Somewhere in her mind she was thinking of giving some revenge to him and just then ,

“ Yah ! “ someone came from her behind and surprised her . She was so surprise that the chopstick that she was holding was thrown away from the table . The other member were surprised to while the guy laughed , soon the member laughed too accept for Gary .

“ Yah ! You ! Jeonghwan-ah ! “ she stand and hit him by the shoulder , Jeonghwan was still laughing and so does the other . Realizing the other members presence , Jeonghwan immediately bows , “ Hello everyone , we meet again “ he greeted , Jaesuk stood up and shake his hand before telling him to sit .

“ What are you doing here ? “ Jihyo asked as soon as they sit .

“ I’m sponsoring your food for today since my restaurant is very near from your filming site “ Jeonghwan explain with a smile .

“ Really ? Why didn’t you tell me ? “

“ I just did ! “ he laughed .

“ Yah ! you really ! “ Jihyo put up her hand , Jeonghwan just laughed .

“ Jeonghwan-ah , Thank you ! Your food is really tasty ! “ Haha speak up , Jeonghwan bowed a shy thanks . Jihyo stood up and went to get an extra bowl of rice before giving it to him “ Eat with us “ and the other told him too . He once again thanking shyly . Gary on the other side were still confuse “ Who is this guy ? “ he thought .

“ Ah Gary-shii , I think this is the first time we meet right ? “ he offers a hand shake , Gary accept the hand shake with an awkward smile  .

“ Oppa , this is Jeonghwan . He’s an old friend of mine . The others had met him once during the trip “ Jihyo explained . Gary nodded and smiled . Just then an idea came to Jihyo , “ maybe this is a good chance to make Gary feel jealous “ she thought and smile sneakily .

Jihyo suddenl grab a food with her chopstick and offer it on Jeonghwan mouth while mouthing an “ Ahh ~ “ , Jeonghwan was of course surprised with her sudden action and so does the others . “ Have a taste of your own food “ Jihyo said sweetly with a smile . Jeonghwan shyly open his mouth and accept Jihyo’s offers , and just by that Gary is burning from the inside . He gulped as he tries to calm down .

“ When are you going to take me visit your house ? “ Jihyo boldly say , Jeonghwan who knows nothing happily respond “ I wanted to bring you last time remember ? We’re already in my neighbourhood , it’s just too bad that you’re suddenly unwell “ . The other members eyes are now focusing on Gary rather than Jihyo . It was obvious Gary was clenching his jaw silently in jealously . He pick up a food and eat it furiously .

Just then the PD called the members , telling that they will start filming . They spontaneously stood up and drink their water but Gary remain seated while his eyes is still on the two . Jihyo and Jeonghwan walked away together , somehow forgetting about Gary . Their conversation could still be heard ;

“ Thank you very much for today’s food “ Jihyo said .

“ You’re welcome , come often to my restaurant . Didn’t you promise to treat me last time ? “ Jeonghwan joked .

“ Arasso arasso , I will . “ she laughed back . Just then Jihyo’s hand went to side hug him “ really , thank you “ she said with a sweet smile and obviously Jeonghwan was blushing hard as he hug her back .

Gary drink his water as it was a beer and walked towards the set furiously . He was so jealous and hurt so he fastened his steps and past the two who was talking with such a happy voice . Rather than being mad over the guy , he was more mad at Jihyo . “ I’m right in front of her eyes , even the other member was there how could she act like that !? “ he thought and sighed an anger .

At the edge of Jihyo’s eyes she saw how he was behaving , she smiled when she knows her plan succeeded . Just then Jeonghwan had to go the other way since there was something he have to take care of . “ Thank you again Jeonghwan-ah “ Jihyo said as she waves him a goodbye . On her mind , of course she was quite satisfied with the situation even when there were a little guiltiness but what she doesn’t know that this thing might get her a bigger problem . 

She fastened her steps and join the others , she purposely walked next to Gary .

“ He’s a nice friend “ she whispered , trying to get him on his nerves again .

“ He must be so nice , really nice to you “ he answered in a sarcastic voice before walked forward . Jihyo giggled silently , somehow he looks cute when he’s jealous .   

The filming started and Gary trying his best to avoid Jihyo , there was two way to avoid her well . One was to make her out so that he won’t have to face her any longer in the race or just avoid and hoping someone would rip her nametag off . Somehow his prayer was answered , just when he was about to face her , Kwangsoo came from her behind and ripped her nametag off . He sighed in relief , but feel bad at the same time . “ I’ll pay for that soon Jihyo-ah “ he thought .

Jihyo was escorted by the PD to the prison and walked pass him , who was hiding somewhere behind the wall . He could hear her complaining and getting mad at Kwangsoo , he just couldn’t resist himself to peek at her and chuckled at her cuteness . Just after Jihyo pass by , Kwangsoo followed her from behind “ I’m sorry nonna , my hands did it not me “ he keep apologizing .

Kwangsoo was not in a defence mood and Gary saw the chance , he quickly jump from his hiding and rip his nametag before running away , “ I’m sorry Kwangsoo-ah , my hands did it not me “ he said and laughed away , leaving the dumbfounded giraffe and Jihyo laughing so hard . “ Yah ! Come here “ she said while laughing as she dragged Kwangsoo to the prison .

After another 30 minutes of battle , the race ended with Jongkook being the winner . The closing was filled with the members complaining that they could never beat him and how they should work together to beat him up rather to betray each other , but they know it’s useless now . “ So the victory once again goes to Kim Jong Kook “ Jaesuk announced as the others applause , ending the episode .

Just when the clapperboard was slapped , the members bowed a thank you to the staffs for their hard work and also to each other . They sincerely congratulating Jongkook for winning , “ but Jongkook-ah , it’s still nice if you give me a chance for winning over you “ Sukjin said as he patted Jongkook’s shoulder , making the others laugh and also the staff who heard it . Gary was laughing along , but his eyes was on her who was focusing on something else .

Jihyo suddenly smiles and run towards the staff , opening her arm wide . Gary’s eyes followed her and he regret how much his eyes was attached to her . He saw her hugging that Jeonghwan guy again in front of everyone , he didn’t know why or for what that hug was for but he sure knows that he doesn’t like seeing that . His anger was burning again , he sighed as he tries to calm his nerves . He watch her patiently as she was talking sweetly to the guy , his hand was already forming a fist , ready to throw a punch on the guy’s face but thank god he still manage to control himself .  

He took a deep breath when he saw them waving goodbye to each other , he grab his fist , he was ready . Just when the guy disappear , he make his steps , a rough one . Jihyo’s eyes was still on the guy’s back , watching him walking away , just when she turns away , Gary was already in front of her . “ Ah oppa , you scared me “ she said with her hand on her chest , and was breathing hard but Gary seems to pay no attention to it . “ Let’s talk “ he said , in a deeper and stricter , she was surprised and leaves no respond . Gary had enough with waiting , he grabs her hand and pulled her , leaving the crowd . He grabs he so tight that Jihyo was hurting , “ Oppa , it hurts ! “ she keep repeating along the way , but Gary didn’t care .

When they reach a darker place , Gary loosened his grip and Jihyo quickly pull away her arms . “ Yah ! Are you crazy !? “ she said as she was massaging the part where he grab just now . Gary look down to her hand before sighing and looked away , he grabs his hair hard “ yeah , I’m crazy “ he whispers in a deeper voice . Jihyo couldn’t help to not to ask “ what ? “ since she was still confuse with his behaviour .

He let go of his hair and look her straight into her eyes , “ Yah , Song Ji Hyo . What are you doing really ? “ he asked . “ What ? I . . I was filming of course “ she hesitate , she’s still trying to catch up with the situation .

He sighed again , “ I know that ! but what are you doing with that guy !? what are you trying to show me !? what are you trying to prove !? “ his tone was higher than usual , finally Jihyo know what’s going on . Her plan succeed , but she didn’t expect him to explode like this , she was expecting a more calmer him . “ He was just a friend ! “ she respond back , Gary chuckled in disbelief .

“ Friends ? Friends !? What type of friend if you’re acting like that !? “ he explode once again . Jihyo looked away and bite her lips .

“ then what about you ? “ she said softly , making Gary went silent . He was confuse .

“ Why ? Why it’s okay for you but not for me ? “ she continued .

“ What are you talking about ? “ now he’s the one who’s lost .

“ That girl , Eunji . What are you doing going out with her ? “ her eyes was already in tears , her words was soft but she managed to attack him deeply . He gulped and remain silent .

She chuckled “ you think I wouldn’t know right ? Yah Kang Gary , I saw you , I know it’s you walking with her “ she continued .

Gary looked down , “ I . . I was just sending her home . Nothing more “ he replied softly but doesn’t have the courage to face her since he knows why she did this , it was a pure revenge . Even if he’s mad but he know he deserve it . “ You seems very relaxed walking with her , not wearing anything to hid you identity . You don’t seem to care if anyone caught you “ she continued . 

But then , something came to his mind . “ How did you know ? Where did you saw me ? “ he asked . “ I saw you with my own two eyes , you were walking with her around the neighbourhood so obviously ! “ she respond . Her respond rises his curiosity even more .

“ What are you doing there ? “ his question stops her words , he could see her hesitating .  “ I went to visit a friend “ she respond in a low voice . Gary wanted to ask further but then he remembers her conversation with Jeonghwan about visiting his house , now he was sure she’s with the guy . “ That Jeonghwan house ? “ he attacked her back , Jihyo gulped . Jihyo’s silent makes Gary chuckled “ It’s true then “ . Jihyo was about to apologize , but her ego refuse to .

“ It’s not about me , it’s about you and that girl ! “ she fight back but Gary was no longer shaken . “ No , it’s about us “ he respond , once again putting Jihyo into silence . “ I’ve already told you countless of time that me and Eunji was just a friend . That thing you saw back then in my house , we was just playing . She grabs my recipes that I wanted to cook for you , so I went to catch it cause I don’t want her to see my present for you . It’s just that you came in during a bad timing . Did you ever give me the chance to explain ? No you didn’t . Every time I try to talk to you , you avoid me . And you know what breaks my heart more ? The fact that while we were not in a good term , you’re with another guy and the fact that the others know him first before me hit me harder “

“ Jihyo-ah , why it’s not okay for me but it’s okay for you ? It’s not okay for me to be with other girls , but it’s okay for you to be with other guys ? without me even knowing who he was ? You know Eunji , you’ve met her , you know she’s just a childhood friend yet you still doesn’t trust me ? “ he continued . Jihyo’s eyes was back in tears , she looked down in guilty .

“ I was with another girl so in turns of revenge , you went out with another guy too instead of seeing or talking to me and settle things out properly ? Why are you doing the same mistake rather than being an example to me ? “ he asked .

“ Jihyo-ah , aren’t we’re just the same then ? “ just then Jihyo’s sobs could be heard , tears was streaming down . Gary couldn’t stand still anymore , seeing her crying in front of him makes him weak . He steps forward and pulled her closer for a hug . Jihyo’s sobs went louder as she grip onto him and buried her face to his chest . Gary closed his eyes as he rest his face on her head , he softly patted her back to calm her and himself .

After a few minutes , Jihyo stopped . Gary pulled away with his hand still holding her shoulder , “ I’m sorry “ she mumbled making Gary smiled . He lowered his head to match her eyes view , he smiled sweetly “ It’s okay , both of us are wrong . I’m sorry too “ he said and wipe her tears with her thumbs . He chuckled when he saw her cute nose was already red because of crying , he went to pinch it “ You’re so cute “ he said , making Jihyo giggles “ Stop it “ she turns away shyly . He smiled and grab her hand , this time was much softer than before . He slowly pulled her towards his car . Jihyo just silently following him .

Gary opened the door and helped her with the seat belt before settling down on the driver seat . “ Give me your phone “ he said and Jihyo obeyed him . He smiled and texted her manager using her phone “ I’m bringing Jihyo somewhere . I’ll take care of her , don’t worry – Kang Gary “ the text read . He then gives it back to her . “ Let’s go for some fresh air “ and he started the engine .

Their journey was filled with silence but both were in peace and happy , Gary went to hold her hands . They looked each other and give a sweet smile before turning back to the road . Gary took her to their favourite place again , the Han-river . Jihyo wanted to wear a mask to hid her identity but Gary stops her , “ Let it be . I wouldn’t care if I got caught with you “ he said , making Jihyo blush .

The surrounding was very suitable for them , there’s no one around and the wind was blowing softly . They hold hands and walked closely while enjoying the view .

“ Next time , if I did something wrong I hope you would tell me so I wouldn’t do it again . Don’t give me hints cause I’m a bit dumb when it comes to you “ he said , making Jihyo laugh and so does him .

“ I just couldn’t help myself when I see you with some other girl . I admit , I’m jealous . Especially when you’re being so friendly with them “ she confessed , Gary chuckled in satisfied .

“ Don’t worry , not matter how friendly I am with them . There’s only you on my heart , cause I love you . Only you “ he respond .

“ I know . .  I love you too that’s why I’m like that “ her words surprised him , he stop his step and looked at her with a wide smile . “ What did you just say ? “ he asked making Jihyo think back her words , and it surprise herself . She was blushing hard .

Gary chuckled “ Jihyo-ah , I love you “ he said , trying to pull her for respond . Jihyo laughed and sighed , “ I love you too “ she replied with a low tone but was enough to satisfy him . He couldn’t help himself that he was jumping around like he just won a lucky draw , well he was lucky to have a lucky women . His action makes Jihyo laugh , “ Stop it oppa ! “ she yelled while laughing but deep inside she doesn’t want him to , she felt more at peace seeing how happy he was .

Gary stops his action and walked back to her , his hand went to grab her face and pulled her for a deep kiss . Jihyo was surprised but it didn’t take long for her to realize his action , she hold him by his waist and respond his sweet kiss . After a long good kiss , Gary pulled away but his hand was still on her face “ I could kiss you all night long and never get tired “ he said making Jihyo chuckle with his usual cheesy words . “ then why don’t you ? “ she respond , making Gary surprise . Jihyo rarely respond like that , in fact that was the first time .

He couldn’t stop himself from smiling widely , and Jihyo couldn’t stop the embarrassed blush on her face but she knows she want it to . “ Get on my back “ Gary said and lowered his body , Jihyo refused saying that she can walk by herself . “ No , I don’t think you can catch up with my running right now “ he said , Jihyo laughed and sighed before jumping on to his back . Gary adjusted her on his back and started running , Jihyo couldn’t stop from laughing from the fun she get . Even if he’s tired , her laugh makes him stronger and he knows he need that laugh forever to keep him moving .

It didn’t take long for him to reach the car . “ Yah , you’re really fast “ Jihyo patted his back . “ Is it just me or you’re getting heavier ? “ he joked , making Jihyo’s soft pat turns to a hard slap “ It’s just you ! “ she shouted and went inside the car . Gary chuckled and went to the driver seat . “ I’m just joking , now let’s go home . I need you tonight “ he said and start driving . ( I'll let you play your imagination about the night )


A/N so here's another chapter for Suadade , I guess this time it's a happy one ? hehehe anyway hope you enjoy this chapter and keep supporting me to write the next chapters ! Thank you . Don't forget to subscribe ! Thanks again . 

I don't know if it's too early but Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri for those who celebrate it :) #Kosongkosong 

P/s sorry if there were any wrong spelling or grammatical errors . 

Written by , 
Mc_HyoRy2