Cold To You

Saudade

“ Oh Jihyo-ah . Why ? Have you reach Seoul ? “ Gary asked .

“ Ohh ~ “ was the only word she could say since she was still surprise with the fact that he finally answer her call when she doesn’t expect him to .

“ Ahh , that’s good then . Anyway , why are you calling ? “ Gary asked clueless and his question seems to bring her back to her nerves .

“ Why am I calling ? You ask me why am I calling you ? Yah ! Just where have you been this all day huh ? Leaving me just like that and didn’t answer my call . Just . . “ she stops and sighed .

“ Where are you ? “ she continue in a much lower tone than before . Gary on the other hand was feeling completely guilty and feeling stupid , asking her why she called was really a stupid question when it’s obvious because he’s been missing for almost the whole day .

“ I . . I’m sorry Jihyo-ah . I didn’t mean too . My phone died and I was too busy to notice it and basically I’m too busy today . I’m sorry “ he apologize . He hears her sighing , maybe trying to calm her nerves to talk things out but he knows he deserve the scolding , and maybe next the other member will call and scold him too since all of them left hundreds of missed call .

“ Oppa . What . . what really happen ? “ She asked , Gary sighed and bit his lower lips . He doesn’t want to tell but he know he have to so that they could avoid any further misunderstanding . He explained about his album and Jihyo listened patiently .

“ Oppa , that must’ve been hard on you “ she said after she listen to his explanation , slightly feeling guilty for having the idea that he was up to something else or might be someone else .

“ It is but . . well . . what can I do other than to work hard right “ he fake a chuckles , trying to lighten up the mood . Jihyo drew a small smile on her lips after hearing his chuckles even is she could feel that it wasn’t real .

“ That’s right “ she said and there was a silent from both sides for a moment .

“ Ermm . . so you have schedule for tomorrow ? “ he breaks the silence .

“ I do , a photoshoot “

“ Well then go get some beauty sleep so that you’ll be extra more beautiful for tomorrow “ his words makes her laugh . Somewhere in her mind she know that with that word , they have to end their call any sooner and she know she have to even if she doesn’t want .

“ Arasso . You too , work hard but please , please take a good rest okay ? “ She said and he chuckles .

“ Arasso , I will . Don’t worry and get some sleep . I’ll call you tomorrow okay ?

“ Okay oppa . Good night “

“ Good night Jihyo-ah . “

“ Wait Oppa ! . . .  “ she stops . “ I miss you ~ “ she says cutely , immediately makes Gary laugh in satisfaction .

“ ahh I suddenly feel energized again , I think I could work non-stop now “ he joked , causing her to laugh and he loves to hear it .

“ Andwae , you have to take a rest “ she said with a slightly strict yet a cute voice , making him chuckles again .

“ Arassoo arasoo , now go to sleep okay cause I will too “ he lied , he doesn’t want her to know that he’ll have to work non-stop by now.

“ Okay oppa . Good night . “

“ Good night too Jihyo-ahh . Saranghae “ he said before ending their call .

He stares at his phone and sighed , “ I’m sorry “ he murmured . He’ll probably be too busy with his work from now on and he know that there will be a really small time for her and he’s feeling apologetic because of it , but he have no choice . He’ll pay back his action after he finish this album , he promised . He put down his phone on the table before doing some stretching and went back to work .


Jihyo woke up with a smile , their call last night is still fresh on her mind . She looked at her phone on the bedside table , wondering when he’ll call her again . Their life as a celebrity which have a very different schedule from each other and people will always have their eyes on them , because of that they hardly have time and space to be with each other so a call is quite satisfying . With that on her mind she keep staring and smiling towards the phone . She jumps in surprised when suddenly a call came in .

She quickly crawled over her beds to get her phone , there was only one person who came to her mind with the call . She grab and looked at the ID .

“ Manager Unnie “ it shows and she took a deep disappointed breath before answering the call . Just as what she was expecting , her manager will call and nag her because she woke up late and still isn’t ready and remind her again that she have a schedule for today .

“ Arasoo unnie , I’ll get ready now . I promise you that I’ll be ready by the time you reach my house to pick me up “ she promised a lie , she know that’s probably not gonna happen but for the sake of her ears and her manager mouth , she have to throw those words .

The next hour were filled with Jihyo’s manager yelling out her name and tell her to hurry up while Jihyo was just smiling widely as she accept the scolding . Jihyo jumped and side-hugged her manager as they walked towards the car . Her manager did felt weird , Jihyo just touched down Seoul last night and probably could hardly get enough sleep so she was expecting her to be more quite but she’s different .

“ You look really happy today , did anything good happen ? you looked down when I got you from the airport last night “ Her manager said as she drives .

“ Urmmm . . maybe ? “ Jihyo replied with a teasing tone causing her manager to chuckled . Jihyo looked out from the window and smiles before looking down at  her phone , holding it tightly . All of the sudden the weather felt so good that she rolled down the window to breath in the air . Her manager chuckled and shook her head , she was curious but decided to wave it off . She’s glad if anything good happen to her .

Once they arrived at the photoshoot set , Jihyo was escorted to the make-up room to get her ready . The staff get her something to eat first before letting her to change her clothes and get her to sit infront of the mirror for make-up . Throughout the make-up session , she had her phone tightly on her hands . She glance at the clock at , it was almost 10 . “ It’s still early , he’s probably still sleeping “ she thought and gulped . The truth is she was feeling anxious of the promise that Gary made last night , the call . If she tells her manager , she probably thought that it wasn’t something that she should really wait for since it was just a call , but to her it’s had a complete different meaning .

The photographer called her out , saying that it’s time to start . The make-up artist did the final touch and inform her that she was all ready to go . Jihyo thanked the girl and went towards the set , her phone were still on her hands .

“ Let me hold that “ her manager said , referring to the phone . Jihyo was hesitating a bit and her manager could see that .

“ You can’t do the work while holding on to the phone , you know that . “ her manager said again and Jihyo knows she’s right so she handed the phone over .

“ Make sure you tell me when somebody call me okay unnie ? “ Jihyo said , and her manger replied with a nod before telling her to enter the set .


“ Hyung , aren’t you getting any sleep ? The sun has rise ! “ one of Gary’s teammates said as he leaned at the door frame of their studio . Gary let go of his pen and rubs his face before looking down at his watch .

“ It’s morning already ? I didn’t realize that “ he was really shocked , he was too focused on doing his work that he forgot about the time . The guy sighed , “ go get some rest hyung , we’ll handle it while you’re asleep “ he said . Gary waves his hand , telling him that he was okay even if he wasn’t .

“ Just go get me some coffee , I’ll be fine with that “ Gary said and smiled weakly .

“ Hyung you can’t be like this , you’ll fall sick and it would make things more difficult “

“ I’m trying to make things easier right now . Please , just get me the coffee , I’ll be fine . You guys better get some rest “ Gary said , making the guy sighed in defeat before going to get Gary’s coffee .


A few days passes without any call or text from both side , work was the only thing that Gary had on his mind while Jihyo with her ego of not wanting to make the communication first . “ Why would I make the effort if he didn’t ? “ her ego says . She was really missing him but the ego managed to control her mind and body . She get herself fully into her work to make her forget about him , but she know she couldn’t do that forever cause it’s already Monday which means that she would have to face him .

Her manager drives her towards the set , there was a total silent in the car . The silent had been there for a few days already , her manager keep asking her what’s wrong but Jihyo stubbornly keeping it to herself saying that she could handle it alone but obviously she was handling it wrongly .

She opened the car’s door and the voices of the staffs could be heard busy preparing for their filming and somewhere between the voices , she could also hear the members voice . She walked towards their voices , the members were already gathered in front of the camera . She looked closely and there were only 5 members talking to each other , and Gary wasn’t with them .

“ Maybe he’s late “ she thought and was feeling relieved , she could get herself busy with the other members until he arrive and she could naturally ignore him by making 'talking with the others' as an excuse . She took a deep breath and walked confidently towards them but then a familiar figure could be seen joining them . She gasp by the sight of Gary , probably just finish putting on his microphone . She stops her step and sighed . She but her lips and think , “ let’s just do it “ she said and continue to walk confidently .

She enter the set and the members automatically had their eyes on her , “ Good morning Miss Mong ! “ Jaesuk greeted her as he waves his hand , joined by the others . “ Good morning nonna ~ “ Kwangsoo bowed a greeting . Jihyo put on a wide smile and greeted them back , in the corner of her eyes she could see Gary’s wide smile , she felt happy to be able to see him again but her ego still took control of her body . She kept walking towards the staff who had prepare the microphone for her , “ Good morning Jihyo-ah “ Gary greeted sweetly as she past him . “ Yes , Good morning too Oppa “ she coldly replied with a small bow before continue her steps towards the staff . Her action hits him , hard . Suddenly he was feeling confused with her , he didn’t know what to feel , either happy that she respond , or sad for her respond . He was dumbfounded , and so was the others since it’s happen right in front of them so it’s impossible for them to not see it .

Sukjin nodded his head asking “ what’s with that ? “ and Gary just shook his head . The members seem to be dumbfounded by her action too , somewhere in their mind they were expecting them to maybe hug or at least Jihyo would respond in a much sweeter way but the reality hurts . Jihyo casually adjusting her microphone before went to stand next to Kwangsoo , which was really far from Gary . The silent-mong members seem to caught Jihyo’s attention and she knew they notice her behaviour but she choose to act normal , “ why ? “ she asked , the member shook their head almost at the same time and the same way as they murmured a “ nothing “  .

Just before Jihyo could respond , the PD called out that their filming will start very soon making all the members get back to their sense especially Jaesuk who will always lead the others in the opening . As usual they will start with a cheerful opening , focusing on introducing their guest which they didn’t have on today’s filming . The PD explained that they will be competing each other today for another survival episode .

The filming went on from them doing some small mission before going over to the final mission . Gary was good in portraying the complete opposite of his mind which was full of worries and doubt about his women who seem very relaxed and somehow it’s disturbing him , not in a bad way . They took a break between their filming for a lunch , the members were gathered in one room that the staff prepared . Gary wanted to sit next to her so that maybe they can have a little communication as a lover , but Jihyo doesn’t seem to think the same way when she went to sit between Jaesuk and Sukjin and it makes them feel rather awkward since they know something were still unresolved between the couple . Gary gave up and sit next to Haha , and Haha saw the disappointment so he patted Gary’s shoulder to give him some encouragement . The lunch went as normal as always , maybe with the help of a few awkward people who tried their best to make things normal . But Gary was obviously quite while Jihyo was cheerful yet didn’t try to approach him in any way possible .

“ She’s probably mad since we didn’t contact each other “ he thought as he walked together with the others towards their car for the final mission .  Throughout their final mission Gary was anxious , one because of he was afraid of being chased down and second of course about Jihyo , he had this undeniable desire to just pull her to some corner and talk things out and he was sure he will do it , just not during the filming . After using all their stamina on chasing and being chased , the filming has come to the end .


“ Things still bad ? “ Haha went to sit next to Gary inside their changing room . Gary just nodded weakly . Haha sighed before he continue by saying that they should really meet up and clear things up , “ from what you explained earlier there were no doubt that she was sulking “ . Gary nodded again and thanked his best friend . He stood up and grab his beg , telling the others that he will leave first . They give Gary an encouraging hug before he left .

He walked past the cars and notice Jihyo’s car still parked near the set , “ she’s still here “ he thought . Feeling a good chance he went to his own car in hurry and moved his car somewhere near her car so that he could be aware of her . He waited patiently for the sight of her and just after a few minutes , he could see her coming over with her staff . She looked cheerful which makes Gary unsure that she was really sulking or maybe she really didn’t care , “ the only way to find out is to talk “ . He got down from his car and confidently walked towards them , he bowed politely to Jihyo’s manager and her staff which bowed him back . Jihyo seems to be surprised with his sudden action .

“ Can I see Jihyo for a while ? “ he asked before looking at her , the smile earlier wasn’t there anymore .

“ Sure , we’ll wait in the car “ Jihyo’s manager said , Jihyo was obviously trying to hold onto her manager .

“ Thank you very much “ Gary said before handing out a polite hand , directing her towards his car . She know she has no other choice than to follow and she know what was coming , she was prepared for this . She followed Gary closely , Gary politely open the door for Jihyo before going over to his driver seat . He settled down and glance at her , Jihyo was looking at the outside .

“ Jihyo-ah “  He sighed .

“ Are you mad at me ? Really ? “ He continued . Jihyo remained silent . Gary his own lips as it’s getting drier . He looked down on his laps .

“ Please say something . You know I don’t like things like this “ He said . His word managed to caught her attention , making her to turn and look at him .

“ Are you really gonna be like this ? “ she said with her eyes were obviously full of anger

“ Wha . . what did I do ? “ Gary nervously replied . Jihyo sighed in disbelieve , “ Oppss , wrong question . I’m a dead now “ Gary thought as he gulped .

“ Are you really clueless ? “ Jihyo asked .

“ Because . . I didn’t call ? “ Gary answered in a low tone , Jihyo sighed again . She looked down with her eyes closed , it seems like she was calming down her nerves . She lift her head and look at him , her eyes were now a little softer than before .

“ Was it really hard for you to even text me ? “ she said in a soft voice , making Gary’s heart drop in guilt . 

“ Jihyo-ah , it’s not like that . . . “ he was about to do a little lie , maybe about his phone was broken or anything but when he stares into her eyes , he know he shouldn’t do that . He sighed .

“ I’m sorry . The work really makes me forget about other things . It’s not that you’re not important to me , you are important . . but . . the work . . it’s really important to me too , not just for me but my whole team . . I forget about you really , I admit but I really hope you could understand and maybe forgive me this one time . I was wrong , I know and I’m really sorry . . Jihyo-ah . “ He continue but he keeps looking down on his laps , he doesn’t have the guts to look at her , afraid to see how hurt she was .

Jihyo was silent , Gary sense that she was probably even more mad that the fact he actually forget about her . He make a fist with his own hand because of the nervous and guilty feeling . Suddenly he could feel a hot soft tiny hand holding his fist , and he knows it was hers . The warmth immediately makes him feel more calm , the warmth seem to fill in his whole body . He turn to her .

“ I’m sorry oppa , I should be more understanding “ Jihyo said , her eyes were in tears .

“ Jihyo-ah “ He murmured , the sight of tears in her eyes make him speechless .  It hurts him so much .

“ I’m sorry “ she said again , this time the tears streamed down her cheeks . Gary immediately pulled her closer , hiding her face on his chest as he hug her tightly and caresses her head . “ It’s not your fault , please “ he whispered . Soon Jihyo’s sobs could be heard , making it harder for him . He pulled her closer and kiss her head .

After a few minutes she finally calms down , she blows her nose on the tissue cutely making Gary smile . “ You know “ he said , catching her attention . “ It’s crazy that I love you no matter what you do “ he continue and smiled sweetly . Jihyo was speechless and blushing , his word just caught her heart and melts it . It’s always amazing to her how he could make her fall for him all over again with just a word . She came to her sense and chuckled before turning away and blushed more . Gary laughed .

“ I’m on my off-day tomorrow , if you’re free let’s spend that time together . I really miss you “ Gary said , pleading her .

“ I have a schedule on the morning , and that’s all , I’m free after that “ Jihyo excitedly said , Gary’s smile got wider .

“ Come to my house then “ Gary said . Jihyo nodded in excitement . After a few more little talks and planning , Jihyo decided to went back to her car since her staff are waiting . They had a goodbye kiss before parting ways .


Gary smiled widely as he leaned on his bed headboard . He really miss her and he knows she misses him too , so he really looked forward to spend some time with her tomorrow . Knowing that she’ll come by afternoon so he decided to do a little cooking for her . “ I need to be early tomorrow to buy some ingredients “ he thought and lied down on his bed . He some slow music and slowly went to sleep with a happy thought .  


Gary woke up extra early and directly went for a shower , for his breakfast and went to his studio to pick up his dirty clothes there . He checked on their work for a moment before leaving them . He looked on the internet of the ingredient that he need to cook , he read them carefully before heading towards the supermarket .

He put on his cap and sunglasses before entering the supermarket , he was excited of course . He looked down on his watch and there were still 3 hours before they meet up . He walked further in the supermarket . As he was choosing the ingredients , he was recognized by some fans and took pictures with them , he didn’t mind and greeted them warmly . After making sure that he got everything he needed , he went to pay for it and headed back home .

He got in the elevator and looked down on his watch again , another two hours “ That’s more than enough time to prepare the food “ he said in confidence . Arriving at his apartment level , he got out and walked to his apartment , as he was getting closer he could see someone was standing in front of his door . He walked faster to see who is it .

“ Oh Oppa ! “ the women greeted him .

“ Oh . . Eunji-ah “ Gary was confused by her sudden visit . Gary invited her in , “ what’s with the sudden visit ? “ he asked .

“ Oppa’s mother was a little worried about you , she wanted to come but it seems like she can’t make it so she sent me here to check up on you “ Eunji replied as she took a glass of water that Gary offered . Gary nodded and thanked her .

“ but you should at least tell me first “ Gary chuckled and sat down on the couch . Eunji bowed an apology , saying that she forgot .

They continue to have a little talk about each other until Gary realize the time , he only got another hour left to prepare the food .

“ Eunji-ah , I’m sorry but I have to excuse myself “ Gary said before heading towards the kitchen , now his concern is not the food but Eunji , he wouldn’t want Jihyo to see him with another girl in the house while they had a promise to spend time together , he know it would cause a big misunderstanding even if Jihyo knows Eunji .

Gary continue to do his cooking while carefully following the recipe .

“ Oppa , what are you cooking ? “ Eunji’s sudden voice surprised Gary so hard that he almost fall and knocked over the cooking . Gary touched his chest , trying to calm his heart .

“ Yah , you really scared me ! “ Gary said , still trying to calm himself . Eunji just giggled an apology , she looked around and reached out the recipe , “ what are you cooking , and who are you cooking for ? “ she asked . Her action and question somehow makes Gary panicked .

“ Yah ! give me that ! “ Gary tried to snatch the recipe but the young-at-heart Eunji decided to a little bit by running away with the recipe , with no hesitation Gary went to catch her and leave the food .

“ Yah ! Don’t be like this really , give me that ! “ Gary said as he still trying to get the recipe back , Eunji still plays stubborn and keep running around with the recipe . They were giggling as it makes them remember their old time where they used to ran around catching each other .

Eunji ran until she reach the door hallway , and Gary speed up and quickly catches her as he tried to reach the recipe . Eunji laughed hard and turned back , holding out the recipe as far as she could so that he couldn’t reach it . Gary hold her on her back and tried his best to reach it , he was laughing too but at the same time he was panicking about the un-ready food back in the kitchen .

“ Eunji-ah , really give me back ! “ Gary yelled funnily and tried to snatch the recipe .

“ Why why why ? “ Eunji plays stubborn , Gary laughed and plead her to give it back again .

Suddenly the door opens , making both Eunji and Gary freeze in shock .

It was Jihyo .

 “ Jihyo-ah “ Gary panicked .

“ Jihyo unnie “ Eunji said in confused . Realizing that they were in an strange position , they quickly distance themselves from each other . Jihyo’s seems to be really shocked that she didn’t even move an inch nor talk a word .

“ Jihyo-ah , it’s not like what you think “ Gary chuckled nervously as he tries to explain . Sensing the strange atmosphere , Eunji turned to Jihyo .

“ Why did you come unnie ? “ Eunji asked clueless . Her question seems to brought Jihyo back to her sense .

“ Ah , I came here just to give this to oppa “ she said calmly yet rushing as she handed the plastic bag to Gary . “ I have to go now , sorry for disturbing “ Jihyo bowed and immediately walked away . Gary was still confused but when he finally realize , he leaves the plastic bag and ran to catch her who was walking towards the elevator .

As soon as he reach the elevator , Jihyo was already inside it and the door were closing .

“ Jihyo-ah ! “ Gary yelled but the door was already closed , he ran towards it and pressed the button furiously , praying that the door would still be open and she would still be there but as time pass he know it’s impossible . He sighed deeply and stares blankly at the elevator door .

He walked back to his apartment in despair , he looked at the door and Eunji was there . She looked confused . Gary walked in and Eunji followed him closely , “ Oppa , what did just happen ? “ she asked , still clueless , as much as Gary wanted to be mad at her but he know he couldn’t and he wouldn’t . He just sighed deeply , “ Eunji-ah , I don’t think I’m in a good condition right now . It’s better if you go home now . Just tell my mom that I’m perfectly fine ,  I’m just busy with works “ . Eunji nodded and went to get her bags .

“ I’m sorry oppa , I’ll leave now “ she bowed and closed the door . Gary sighed again and went to the living room . He sit weakly on the couch and sighed again when he suddenly smells something burning .

“ ! “ he cursed and ran to the kitchen , the food that he left earlier was burned , he quickly turned off the fire and fan away the smoke . He looked at the burned food in despair before his knee got weak , making him sit on the floor . He hid his face with both of his hand , he was too weak to even let anything out from his mouth but his mind was really mixed with anger and guilty thoughts .

“ I’m sorry , Jihyo-ah “ he whispered .