Walk Away

Saudade

A few days has pass yet the memory about that night never fade from their mind . The picture of that moment keep replaying on their mind , distracting them from their real world , making their heart flutters and the cheeks blushes in bright red . Their lips keeps forming a shy smile , sometimes making the people around them wonder why they were smiling that way but every time they were asked , they shook their head , “ nothing “ they replied leaving the people in curiosity especially the Running Man’s members .

“ Do you think that those two did something behind us ? “ Haha asked as he grab onto Jongkook’s shoulder .

“ I’m not sure , but don’t you notice that they keep avoiding each other ? “  Kwangsoo said as he put a curious face .

Yes , Gary and Jihyo both feel the sparkle of love in their heart but there’s some bad feelings following behind it . Jihyo no longer denies her feelings towards him , she know that her heart fall for him but the things is that , she wasn’t really sure about his feelings .

“ Was it because of his feelings towards me ? “

“ or just because he’s feeling good of the surrounding that time ? “ the question keep playing on her mind .

While Gary was still left with the unsure thought about what she really feel during the kiss , what were the words that she wanted to say during the first time he kissed her , why did she respond by accepting his second kiss , and why did she ran away in the end . He’s curious , he wanted to ask but he was to scared , he was scared of disapproval , or rejection . He wasn’t sure that he could handle the feelings of being rejected by the women whom he sincerely fall for . He was sure that he’s sincere about his feelings .

Because of that , they keep avoiding each other whenever they meet . During the Running Man’s filming , they tried their best to avoid each other , avoid talking with or about each other , avoiding any skinship , and even avoiding each other’s eyes . It was uncomfortable , they wanted to talk but the mind acknowledge the unsure feelings , making both end up in that situation . The members notice it , they tried to get them together by mentioning their name together , asking about each other , trying to make them in one team or make them face each other in a mission but Gary and Jihyo often successfully waved their attempt off  and remained separated . It’s not that they didn’t like the members attempt , they really appreciate it but things were complicated . The mixed feelings keep making them far from each other even when the heart actually acknowledge their affection towards each other. There were close , yet so far . 

Another week went through and the tension between them is getting stronger , their heart wanted to talk things out , find out the feeling from each other’s heart but the mind , the body , the scared feelings keep making them far away from each other . Gary felt tense , if he knew things would end up like this he wouldn’t kiss her from the start , he would just leave her enjoying her time under the rain , if he ever knew things would be like this he would just looked away whenever he sees her beautiful smile but instead , he stare at it in awe , causing them to be like this .

“ I’ve to talk to her “ he whispered to himself .

Jihyo tucked herself into her bed , the whole day was quite tiring . She doesn’t have any schedule so she stays home to do the house chores , cleaning the house , do the laundry and dishes , and make some lunch for her sister who wanted to pay a visit at her place . For someone who’s living alone , it was tiring . Lying comfortably in the warmth of her bed , she pulled the blanket up to her chin , she closed her eyes but after a few minutes she opened her eyes again . She couldn’t seem to fall asleep . She stretch her hand to her side and grabbed her phone and turn on some smooth music to make her more relaxed . As the music plays , the picture appeared again on her mind . Standing there under the rain , drenched while being kissed by him , she could see how her hand moves to his face , how she titled her head and how she pushes herself up to deepened the kiss . She could see it all , it’s like she’s seeing the scene from someone else’s eyes . She shakes her head in frustration , she quickly closes her eyes . “ Let’s just go to sleep “ she thought to herself . She was tired , tired physically and emotionally .

Monday arrives , which also says that there’s a Running Man filming that day . Gary had made up his mind , he’s going to talk to her .

When he arrive at the set , he could see her standing there with the staff while adjusting her mike . He looks around and there were Jaesuk , Sukjin , Haha and Jongkook . “ Kwangsoo’s late again “ he thought to himself and continue to walk towards the crowd of staff to have his mike on . Like they often did , they’ll start with the opening to introduce their guest for that day , they’ll go chance in their group clothes , they’ll then start their mission and it will be ended with the closing to announce the winner . The process when usual it’s just the missions that were different .


Finish with it , he went to the changing room to change his clothes before heading home .

“ Gary-ah , want to join us for some drink tonight ? “ Jongkook asked while packing up his clothes .

“ Not tonight hyung , I’ve some work t be done . I need to finish of my songs “ Gary replied .

After finish changing clothes and pack his stuff he goes out , he closed the door and looked around . All he could  see was the staff doing their job to wrap up the set , “ I guess I’m the last member to leave “ he whispered to himself as he walked towards the exit door .

“ Oh ! Oppa “ he heard a women's voice when he walked out , he spontaneously turned to his right to where he hear the voice came from .

“ Oh , Jihyo-ah “ it was Jihyo , leaning next to the exit door with her phone on her hand , wearing her cap low and her backpack was on the ground next to her feet .

“ What are you doing here ? “ he said .

“ Waiting for my manager , he’s late again “ she replied and sighed .

“ Well then , it’s dangerous for you being alone here . Let’s sit there “ Gary said and pointed at the bench , a few meters from them . He then leaned down and grabbed her backpack , wanting to help her . She refuse it first but eventually with Gary’s stubbornness , she agreed .

They were having a good talk as they were sitting there , it seems like both forgot about their little romance back in the park that night . They talked and laughed like usual , both unknowingly were feeling quite relief that they were able to talk comfortably after avoiding each other for weeks .

Gary then remembered that there were a few sweets on his pocket so he shoved his hand into his pocket and grabbed out the sweets .

“ You want some ? “ he said and handed it towards her . Jihyo smiled , she nodded and pick one of the sweets in his hand before thanking him . She opened the wrap and put the candy in , a sweet smile formed on her lips as the sweet flavour fill .

“ Yah Kang Gary , you always have some food around you don’t you “ she and slightly pushed him with her elbow . Gary just let out a shy smile while covering his mouth but because of his cheek that rises obviously whenever he smile , she could see clearly that he was smiling brightly by her half tease and half praise joke .

“ Just like that night – “                                    

Her words stop there , suddenly their little moment at the park came right back to their mind . Gary who was smiling when to bit his under lips , his hand dropped at his lap . While Jihyo were left frozen with still slightly ajar , the moment she remembered back that memory the words that she wanted to let out seems to stop at . The situation that were filled with talks and laughter earlier immediately went dead silence once the ‘night’ were mentioned .

After a few minutes of silence and tense between them , Gary couldn’t take it anymore . Being able to talk to her again after so long makes him feel good and he didn’t want to lose it . He didn’t want any awkwardness between them ,  no more tension , no more avoiding each other .

“ Jihyo-ah “ he cleared his throat and speak , wanting to settle things up , cause in his mind , it’s now or never .

“ Mm ? “ she respond , Gary could see that she was still uncomfortable but at that moment there’s nothing that he could so to make her feel better cause he know , their conversation that he was about to start will be slightly uncomfortable , not only for her but for him too .

“ About that night – “ he mumbled but loud enough for her to hear it .

“ Ah oppa , I think my manager is here . I’ll get going now “ she quickly said and grab her backpack , trying to walk away again but not this time . Gary grabbed her by the wrist when she was about to stand up .

“ Please , don’t walk away again “ he said in a heavy tone , he was begging with his eyes . Making Jihyo step back and get back to her seat with guilt in her heart . She’s starting to think , why did she always wanted to walked away even when she know it could never makes things settle .

“ Jihyo-ah , about that night “ he started , he stopped for a few moments to take a glance at her . When he sees that she’s listening , he continued .

“ I don’t want to waste more time so I’m gonna be honest here . . . Jihyo-ah . . I’m sorry . . for kissing you that night , I . . I didn’t even realize it to be true . . When I see you , I see your beauty and my heart flustered . . and . . I guess my body just went for it . . . I’m really sorry . . . but , I really want you to know that . . my feelings for you “ he stopped again with his trembling words , his heart beat faster and faster , his hand were shaking .

“ I . . Oppa . . really like you . . no . . I really . .  love you . . and I’m sincere . . “ he finished . By that , it feels like the burden that was on his shoulder were lifted off . He feel relief but still nervous at the same time cause she still haven’t responded .

“ Oppa “ she finally throw out a word , leaving Gary in anticipation .

“ I – “ just after that a honk could be heard , their eyes went towards the source of the honk in sync . It was Jihyo’s manager , honking and waving at them , signalling Jihyo that it’s time for her to go . They immediately looked at each other , Gary’s eyes once again begged her to finished of her words and she could see how curious he is to know her next word but there’s nothing she could do cause her next words aren’t just a words that could be said in such hurry cause it needs time and peace in both mind .

She put her hands above his hand , slightly caressing his skin .

“ Oppa , I’m sorry for walking away again but let’s talk again some other time okay ? Maybe tomorrow ? “ she softly said while raising her eyebrow , asking him for agreement and patience . After a few second , Gary then smiled softly and make a small nod as saying that he understand .

“ Take your time , let’s talk tomorrow “ he said .

“ Good night oppa “ she replied and pat his hand .

“ Have a good rest “ he respond and with his free hand , he patted her hand that was still holding him . “ Go , hurry “ he continue while he tried to put a smile on his lips .

Jihyo slowly let go of his hand and grabbed her backpack , she waved back to her manager signalling him that she’s coming . She walked to her car and when she was about to reach it she looked back at Gary , and smiled sweetly . Gary respond her smile with a smile and watched her ,

as she walked away once again . 


Hello readers , here's chapter 5 for you . Hope you enjoyed reading it ! Do leave a comment on what you think of this chapter and don't forget to subscribe ! Thank you ! 

P/s Sorry if there were any wrong spelling or grammatical errors 

Written by ,
Mc_HyoRy2