The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

Modern Cinderella

Two weeks passed by just like the wind. Hye Rin finally got her phone back and felt relieved. She is able to talk to Ms Kim anytime she wants, making them closer than ever. Hye Rin was in bliss for the whole two weeks as she didn't receive any punishments from Mrs Park. She completely had forgotten about Myung Soo until one day. She was in her room folding clothes when suddenly a small piece of paper dropped from her dress. She picked it up and gasped. It was Myung Soo's number! She totally forgot about him. The doubt from before came back and she started weighing her choices. 

Hye Rin got ready for her part-time job and kept debating on whether she should be Myung Soo's fake girlfriend. Once she reached there, she greeted Kyung Soo and took care of the cashier. Hye Rin wasn't really focused in her work until Kyung Soo had to called her name a few times. "Hye Rin ah, are you okay? If you are not feeling well you should go home." Kyung Soo asked worriedly. His forehead was creased with worry. Hye Rin just shooked her head and smiled. She sighed and finally made her decision. Hye Rin planned to call him after her work.

Three hours passed by so fast that Hye Rin was already getting ready to go home. Hye Rin quickly went out of the store and walked home. She held the phone tightly and breathed in and out. Why am I nervous? Hye Rin took out Myung Soo's number and typed it on her phone keypad. Without wasting a minute, she pressed 'call' and quickly held the phone to her ear. "I'm sorry but the number you have dialed is currently unavailable, please call again." The service answered instead. Hye Rin stared in disbelief. She scoffed and continued walking. Its a sign obviously.

When she reached her house, she suddenly stopped and stood rooted to the spot. Hye Rin had to blink her eyes a couple of times. Myung Soo was standing in front of her house and was about to press the bell. Mrs Park and So Jin were at home! Without warning, Hye Rin sprinted towards him and quickly pushed him out of the way. "What the -" Myung Soo cursed as he almost stumbled. He turned to look at the person who just pushed him and widened his eyes. He almost shouted at her but Hye Rin quickly covered his mouth and dragged him to a nearby alley. Myung Soo wiggled but Hye Rin managed to drag him. "What the are you doing?!" Myung Soo shouted. Hye Rin winced at his choice of words. "You didn't even call once and when I came to your house, you dragged me like I'm a sack of potatoes," Myung Soo said. Hye Rin looked up and said, "My phone was taken away for two weeks so I couldn't get to you. And you coming to my house is like me comitting suicide. They would skin me alive if they found out that I'm your girlfriend." Hye Rin explained. "But you didn't had to drag- wait what, girlfriend? So that means you agree to be my fake girlfriend?" Myung Soo interrupted his own sentence and raised his brows. Hye Rin cursed at herself for slipping out. Yes, she agreed to become his fake girlfriend. She felt that she couldn't live with her stepfamily any longer. So that was the only way of escaping. Hye Rin nodded her head and looked down.

Hye Rin suddenly saw the type of outfit she was wearing. It was a knee-length dress and it was in stripes. Hye Rin mentally pat her back for not wearing any revealing clothes. Her mind wandered back to Myung Soo and looked up. Myung Soo was smirking. Hye Rin's face contorted in confusion. Can't he smile properly once. Myung Soo suddenly held out his hand causing Hye Rin to be more confused than ever. "Your hand," Myung Soo said. Hye Rin hesitantly held out her hand. Myung Soo rolled his eyes and quickly grabbed Hye Rin's hand. Myung Soo's hand was big and it fit Hye Rin's small and slender hand. Oh, his hand feels nice, Hye Rin thought. Her hand is so smooth, Myung Soo thought and unknowingly rubbed his thumb against Hye Rin's hand. It brought a chill to Hye Rin's spine and she shivered. "You are officially now my girlfriend." Myung Soo anounced while emphasing on the word 'girlfriend'. 

Meanwhile, So Jin, who was going through her wardrobe, suddenly saw Myung Soo's car parked in front of the house. She gasped and immediately thought that he had came for her. Maybe I was so pretty during the ball that he was attracted to me. So Jin giddied thinking about it and quickly scrambled downstairs. She went out of the house and went to Myung Soo's car. So Jin looked around but he was not in sight. So Jin walked around and suddenly stop in front of a certain alley. What she saw made her scream so loud that her neighbours could even hear it. Myung Soo and Hye Rin were holding hands! Myung Soo and Hye Rin spun their heads towards the scream and gasped. Oh just got real, Hye Rin's thoughts murmured."So Jin ah, I can explain-" Hye Rin said to So Jin but was interrupted by Myung Soo, "Hye Rin is my girlfriend." Myung Soo let go of Hye Rin's hand. Hye Rin suddenly felt empty. However, Myung Soo suddenly encircled his arm around Hye Rin's waist and pulled her closer to him. Hye Rin gasped and almost kicked him in the knee when she remembered about So Jin. So Jin's face was full of horror and disbelief. Suddenly, So Jin pulled Hye Rin into the house. So Jin wanted to pull Hye Rin's hair so hard but Myung Soo was there. Myung Soo followed them and entered the house.

"Mom!! Come down now!!" So Jin shouted at the top of her lungs. Myung Soo covered his ears and cringed. Suddenly remembering that Myung Soo was there, So Jin smiled sweetly and went to him while letting go of Hye Rin. Hye Rin rubbed her arm. God, she's strong. Myung Soo saw that and went towards Hye Rin and held her arm gently, ignoring So Jin who was flirting with him. So Jin saw that and gasped in shock and huffed in anger. Suddenly, a gasp could be heard from up the stairs. All three of them turned and saw Mrs Park on the steps. She saw the interaction between Myung Soo and Hye Rin. Please don't tell me that-, Mrs Park mind read. Myung Soo smiled slightly and bowed, "I'm finally glad to finally see my girlfriend's stepmother." Another gasp was heard from behind of Mrs Park. Everybody turned and saw Ji Min there too. Hye Rin unconsciously rubbed her head. This is seriously getting out of hand. "Um, why don't you guys sit first, I will go make the drinks," Hye Rin said. She wanted to get out of the room as fast as possible. 

Suddenly, Myung Soo grabbed her hand. Everybody's eyes widened. "Don't you have maids to do that?" Myung Soo asked. Everybody froze. Myung Soo knew everything but he wanted to shake the ice a little. Hye Rin began to panic. One wrong word and she's dead. "The maids have ended their shift already," Ji Min spoke up. Myung Soo spun his head towards Ji Min and narrowed his eyes. Hye Rin sighed in relief and sent a grateful look to Ji Min. Hye Rin quickly scrambled to the kitchen to get the drinks. The rest went to the living room and sat on the couch. So Jin of course sat beside Myung Soo and started talking with Myung Soo. Myung Soo of course ignored her and monitored Hye Rin in the kitchen. Mrs Park was glaring at Hye Rin from her seat. Hye Rin who noticed her heated glare felt uncomfortable and flinched. Ji Min was still in a state of shock. He had so many questions and his mind went back to the ball. He was very sure that it was Hye Rin except that she got prettier. He had a feeling that Myung Soo and Hye Rin must have met during the ball. However, he was unfortunately wrong. When Hye Rin got back with the drinks, she kneeled and laid the drinks on the coffee table. Hye Rin was debating whether to stand or sit as she wasn't allowed to sit on the couch. "What are you doing? Sit down." Myung Soo ordered Hye Rin. Hye Rin stole a glance at Mrs Park and sat down slowly on the couch. 

"Now, why don't you explain whats going on?" Mrs Park asked while crossing her legs. Myung Soo then explained that he met Hye Rin while she was walking around the neighbourhood. The two of them hit it off straight away and they became closer. They started to have feelings for each other and decided to be together. They kept the relationship a secret of course. Once Myung Soo finished his explanation, silence engulfed everybody. "That's why I saw Hye Rin at your ball the other day," Ji Min said, with a hint of sadness. Myung Soo sensed it and confirmed that Ji Min had taken a liking to Hye Rin. Myung Soo mentally scoffed. "WHAT?!" So Jin and Mrs Park shouted. "What were you doing at the ball?" Mrs Park menacingly asked. Suddenly, noticing Myung Soo's presence, she immediately shut up and acted as if she didn't ask the question. Hye Rin sighed and knew that she would get beaten quite bad once Myung Soo goes home. So Jin and Mrs Park were glaring at her as if she was their prey. "Well, now that this is settled, can I ask your permission for Hye Rin to stay with me?" Myung Soo daringly asked. Everybody immediately looked up and had a look of shock. Hye Rin who was unaware of this pinched Myung Soo's thigh. Myung Soo lightly flinched and looked at her. Hye Rin had a 'what-are-you-doing' look. Myung Soo smirked at her and turned back his attention to Mrs Park. 

Mrs Park was flustered and didn't know what to say. "It's okay. I will give you time to think about it. Then, I will excuse myself then. Thank you for accepting me. I will take good care of Hye Rin, don't worry." Myung Soo aid and stood up. Hye Rin wanted to burst out laughing. Her stepfamily didn't even say anything and he was already acting as if he was already part of the family. Myung Soo held Hye Rin's hand and went out of the house. Myung Soo sighed in relief and fanned himself. "God, I was about to suffocate in there. Be glad that I'm sacrificing my whole house and privacy for you. If not, who knows what they would do to you," Myung Soo said. Hye Rin scoffed and smacked him in the arm, "Did you know what you just did? I'm going to be kicked and pummeled tonight and it will be all your fault. I don't even know why I agreed to do this." Myung Soo's eyes widened, "Do they go physical on you too?" Hye Rin immediately realised that Myung Soo didn't know that her stepfamily could sometime get physical with her. Hye Rin shooked her and said nothing. Myung Soo just shrugged his shoulders. They finally reached the car. Suddenly, Myung Soo held Hye Rin's hand. Hye Rin wanted to pull out her hand but Myung Soo grabbed it tighter. "Your stepfamily is watching," Myung Soo whispered. Hye Rin nodded slightly. "I'm going to send a moving truck tomorrow. Make sure that all your things are packed alright? I'm going to see you tomorrow then." Myung Soo smiled at Hye Rin. Hye Rin smiled back and nodded. Of course all this was an act. Myung Soo didn't even want to do this but what choice did he have? Same goes to Hye Rin. Without warning, Myung Soo pulled Hye Rin and kissed her forehead lightly. Hye Rin's whole body froze. She could hear muffled gasps behind. She so badly wanted to smack Myung Soo's face but she managed to stop herself.

Myung Soo smiled at her. However, Hye Rin knew that there was a hidden smirk underneath it. Myung Soo finally got into his car and drove away. Hye Rin stayed till his car could not be seen. She turned around and saw a furious Mrs Park and a much more furious So Jin behind the gate. Hye Rin sighed and thought, This is going to be a long night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hey everybody! I'm back again! Woooo, so now Mrs Park and So Jin has found out. What will happen to Hye Rin? On the next chapter, I would elaborate more on Ji Min's thoughts and feeling so no worries. My exams are coming so I can't update too much. Maybe in a few days? Yea, somewhere like that. This chapter is quite long though so we hope you enjoyed!! Please subscribe and comment on my fanfic. I really want to hear how my story looks like to you guys! Thank you!! :)