I Miss You

Modern Cinderella

Do you ever have that feeling where you have everything but you're missing that one thing to a perfect life? Well, that was what Jimin felt while gazing at the back of Myungsoo and Hye Rin's back before walking away from their apartment.

Tears were b in his eyes but he managed to keep it in before reaching home and locking himself in his room. Without wasting a minute, his tears dropped one by one. Jimin closed his eyes and punched the wall in frustration, ignoring the surging pain through his fist.

He didn't know when the feelings started but he knew that Hye Rin had managed to catch his heart within a few weeks. And, yes he has liked Hye Rin for three years since he moved in the house. However, this didn't go unnoticed by his mother and sister.

Many times they tried to stop his growing feelings but it had already reached a point of no return. Jimin knew that his feelings towards his stepsister is most forbidden but that didn't stop him from admiring her from afar and bask in her sole presence. 

"Yah, I heard a crash. What happened?" Sojin suddenly barged into the room. She unknowingly gasped when she saw the dent against the wall and realised what her brother did.

Her eyes immediately scanned Jimin and sighed. He was breathing heavily as his shoulders were rising up and down steadily with his back towards her. 

"I dont get why you are doing this to yourself just for that . You know very well it is digusting and inhumane to like her. She is our stepsister for goodness sake! Get your head on, brother," Sojin cried before slamming the door close.

Jimin turned towards the door, shocked. The last time Sojin addressed him as brother was when she was eleven.He had broke all of her dolls. He knew that she was being serious. However, his lips twitched slightly. 

Jimin had a feeling that Sojin was starting to become the little sister that he adored and missed years ago. What happened to us?

 

Flashback (10 years ago)

"Oppa! I finally got my results today and guess what I got?" an fourteen-year-old Sojin came bounding up the stairs to her older brother, Jimin's room. Jimin was sixteen during that time. Their parents were were rarely home for work and Jimin was the one who had to take care of his little sister, Sojin. Sojin was the cutest little girl he had ever seen and he promised to protect and treasure as best as he could.

However, things weren't looking up for him on that day. He was supposed to treat Sojin ice-cream for her marvellous results when suddenly three men, dressed in all black jumped out of nowhere and tried to push them into a black van. Jimin panicked and began to pull Sojin with him to run but the kidnappers were far too strong and they managed to get a hold of Sojin. 

Jimin cried and lunged for Sojin but was pushed back down by one the men. They successfully placed Sojin into the van and drove off. Jimin who was onlysixteen then helplessly ran after the van before dropping down on his knees, his face smeared with dirt and tears.

After an endless search by the police, Sojin was finally found in an abandoned warehouse, almost getting sold to a prostituition ring. The men were arrested and jailed while Sojin was sent home. Jimin stood up hastily when he saw Sojin trudging in the house with a swarm of policemen around her. 

He had expected her to run towards his arms and both of them will cry profusely. However, what he didn't expect was for Sojin to glare at him with so much hatred and despise in her eyes. His heart literally broke into pieces and his face crumbled down to despair. He stared, shellshocked at Sojin who was stomping up the stairs, ignoring her family's desperate cries for her to come back into their arms. 

At the corner of Jimin's eyes,he could see his mother weeping controllably and his father calming her down. But their pain and sorrow was nothing compared to his. He felt as if he lost himself and his oxygen being taken away. 

For a few months, Sojin kept to herself and drowned herself in her studies. She avoided everybody and disconnect herself from the world. It took her two years before she finally opened up.

It was graduation day. She talked comfortably with her parents and friends while Jimin stand watching by the sidelines.

Sojin didn't even glance his way and made any attempt to talk to him. All these years were a waste, Jimin thoughts rang. He had skipped his school to see Sojin graduate from middle school but it was fruitless. He thought that she needed was time and she would come running back  to him. 

But it didn't happen. It finally dawned on him that Sojin detested him to the core and didn't even want him in her life. 

He finally backed away when Sojin was in the middle of high school. She had a boyfriend who she loved dearly. Jimin, as her protective brother, had met the guy secretly and talked to him. Sojin found out and was mad. 

Jimin wouldn't forget the day. The first time Sojin had spoke to him. Eventhough she was screaming the whole time, he finally knows the reason why Sojin despised of him so greatly.

"Why do you keep ruining my life?! First, you left me alone and let me be kidnapped and I barely escaped from being sold as a e. And now, you are intruding my life and messing with my privacy! What more do you want? You have already scarred my life enough. Please stop!" Sojin burst out crying. Her face was all red and her lips were all puffed out. Jimin hesitantly raised his hand to explain but she swiftly turned her heels and ran to her room. 

Jimin cried so hard that night. He felt sorry, bad and angry all in one. Jimin couldn't imagine the pain and suffering Sojin had to go through. He had been selfish. 

From then on, Jimin and Sojin avoided each other at all cost.

End of Flashback

 

Jimin slumped down against the wall, the memories coursing through him all at once. He was once again overcomed with emotions and let a few tears slipped from his eyes, How he wished he could rewind time and instead of treating Sojin to ice-cream, he should have done something else to congratulate Sojin.

 

I miss you, sister.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Just  an insight on Jimin's thoughts. Sorry there wasn't any MyungRin moment but there will be tons of it in the next chapter! Thank you for subscribing and commenting!