Fairy Godmother

Modern Cinderella

After so long, Hye Rin was able to wake up with a smile. She dreamt of her living life peacefully wih her aunt and getting away from her stepfamily. However, she suddenly remembered of Myung Soo. Her smile immediately changed into a frown. His attitude is so rotten that Hye Rin didn't even want to get close to him. Sigh, why do I keep on thinking of him?

After washing up and making breakfast for her stepfamily, Hye Rin proceeded to wake up Mrs Park and So Jin. Ji Min didn't need her help in waking up as he usually wakes up in time. After a lot of screaming and trouble, they finally woke up. Hye Rin sighed and felt tired just from waking them up. She waited them to finish their breakfast. She crossed her fingers and prayed that Mrs Park and So Jin would be out the whole day. Suddenly, she heard her name being called. Hye Rin quickly rushed towards the dining table. "So Jin and I will be going out to buy her party dress so we would be out the whole day. Make sure the house is squeaky clean the minute I come back home. One speck of dust and you know what will happen," Mrs Park said in an obnoxious tone. Hye Rin's face was devoid of any emotions but inside, she was jumping up and down. She finally could meet her beloved aunt! Hye Rin meekly nodded and cleaned up the dishes. By the time she finished cleaning them, Mrs Park and So Jin has already gone out. Hye Rin punched her fist up in the air and quickly got ready to go out. Ji Min who was in the living room saw the commotion Hye Rin was making and asked, "Where are you going?" Hye Rin only replied, "Somewhere." Ji Min was hurt by her answer but tried to hide it. Hye Rin who was busy didn't noticed that her words had hurted him and the pain in his eyes. She quickly exited the house without even glancing back. Ji Min could only stare at her back forlornly.

Hye Rin went to Haera Park and hoped that Ms Kim was there. She was truly happy when she saw her aunt sitting on a bench reading something. Hye Rin quickly rushed to her side and sat down on the bench. Ms Kim jumped from shock and looked at Hye Rin. Hye Rin smiled. Ms Kim hugged her without any hesitation. " So, what were you reading?" Hye Rin asked after she broke the hug. "Oh, just an invitation to a ball, nothing much," Ms Kim answered. Hye Rin had a weird feeling about the invitation and read it. Her heart almost skipped a beat and her eyes widened. No way. It was the same ball that So Jin was invited to by Infinite! Hye Rin immediately told Ms Kim about the ball. Ms Kim wasn't entirely shocked as she had already expected this. Suddenly, Ms Kim had the most fabulous idea ever. "Hye Rin ah, why don't you go to the ball under my name?" Hye Rin almost burst out laughing her off. " Ms Kim, I don't even have a slightest intention on going to the ball. Besides, I don't have any dresses or shoes so no thanks." Hye Rin almost felt bad but she already made up her mind. Ms Kim reasoned with her that they could go shopping together for the dress and shoe and they could bond more. After a few logical reasons explained by Ms Kim, Hye Rin unwillingly went dress shopping with her aunt. Hye Rin grumbled the whole way but after seeing the delightful face of her beloved aunt, it was worth it.

Once they reached the mall, Ms Kim immediately pulled Hye Rin into so many shops and boutiques that Hye Rin didn't had enough time to look around. She tried on so many dresses that she had lost count. The most enthusiastic of both of them was of course Ms Kim. She couldn't stop squealing everytime she sees Hye Rin in a dress which gained a lot of attention from the other customers. Hye Rin had to even cover her face in embarrassment. However, in spite all that, Hye Rin felt happy and grateful towards her aunt who gave her the love that she always wanted. All she needed now was a man's love. Aish, Hye Rin ah what are you thinking? This is not the time to think about all this. She mentally knocked her head and scolded herself. "Hmm, this dress is not that bad but there is just something that is missing. Nah, this dress won't do," Ms Kim's voice rang out, breaking her thoughts. Ms Kim quickly handed her another dress and pushed Hye Rin into the fitting room. Hye Rin looked at the dress and thought maybe just maybe the dress is the one.

The dress was black and sleeveless. The top was covered in sequins while the bottom was fluffy and soft. It was almost as her ideal dress and she couldn't wait to try it on. After putting on the dress, Hye Rin was too scared to look at herself in the mirror and immediately went out of the fitting room. She looked down on the floor and anticipated her aunt's response. That's strange. Why the hell was it so quiet? Hye Rin slowly looked up and saw many eyes on her. Ms Kim had hanging open. Other customers had also stopped and admire Hye Rin in her dress. Hye Rin unconsciously covered herself as she felt uncomfortable under all the stares that she was receiving. Suddenly, a whistle could be heard. Hye Rin looked towards the sound and narrowed her eyes. Two men were eyeing Hye Rin and had an amused face. Hye Rin glared at them and they quickly scurried away. Ms Kim finally broke the silence and squealed very loudly and jumped around. "This dress is totally perfect for you! I'm totally buying this dress and NO buts," Ms Kim said. Hye Rin wanted to protest but Ms Kim had already beaten her to it. She was already racing towards the counter and paying the dress. Hye Rin shooked her head and smiled wistfully. She looked down at her dress and felt a tinge of excitement.

After shopping for shoes and accessories, they finally exited the mall. Hye Rin came out looking exhausted while Ms Kim came out looking exhilirated. Ms Kim glanced at Hye Rin and decided to call it a day. Hye Rin sighed in relief when they finally arrived at her doorway. Hye Rin hugged her aunt and promised to meet up with her tomorrow to get her ready for the ball. Hye Rin brought all the shopping bags to her room and hid it well. Eventhough her room wasn't that big, she had a trunk that was only a quater filled so she could fit in all her shopping bags in the other empty spaces. Hye Rin remembered to clean the house of course being the responsible person she is. After cleaning the whole house, she was beat. The minute her head hit the pillow, the doorbell rang. Hye Rin groaned and weakly ran to get the door. Mrs Park and So Jin came in looking snobbish as ever. They didn't even looked at her and just went into the room. 

Hye Rin sighed. She really needed to get rid of her habit of sighing. Ji Min went out of the kitchen after getting a sip of water. Hye Rin smiled but Ji Min ignored her. Hye Rin frowned at him and just went to her room. She lied down and thought about the party. She really hoped that she would have a good time during the party, eventhough she doubt so. However, she had to do this for her aunt. She smiled, looking back on that day. Eventhough she was tired, she thought that it was worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hey guys! Please do leave a comment and feedback on this fanfic. As you can see, The ball is coming to a near!! My writing isn't that good though today cause I had netball training so I'm so sorry if this chapter isn't really that nice. I will try my really best to finish this fanfic. Oh and subscribe too please. Have a nice day!!

-atiqxh, palixnc