Moving Out

Modern Cinderella

"Ugh god, I'm so tired" Hye Rin muttered as she sat up from her mattress. Unfortunately, she had accidentally put pressure on her wrist and ankle and she hissed in pain. Yesterday was such a painful night. Her stepmother and stepsister bashed her so hard that she had difficulty in doing the littlest things. She made up an excuse of borrowing a dress from a shop as she wanted to go to the ball desperately. That made Mrs Park and Sojin more angry causing her to have more bruises. Her whole back was covered with marks and bruises. Her arms were no exception. Hye Rin surveyedarrow-10x10.png her whole body and suddenly gasped. Her ring! The only thing left by her mother!! Hye Rin started to search for it frantically around the room. She couldn't find it. Without wasting a minute, she quickly ran out of her room and went to the washing machine. She checked through every pocket but there was not a single sight of her ring.

"What are you doing?" a voice suddenly spoke up. Hye Rin turned around. It was Jimin. He was drinking a glass of milk. "Oh nothing. I lost something but its not that important." Hye Rin said. Jimin nodded his head and walked out. Hye Rin looked down and tears were startingarrow-10x10.png to drip. She looked up to prevent them from falling. It was the only thing she had left of her mother. Hye Rin's heart clenched. She walked trudgingly to her room and took her clothes. Hye Rin went inside the toilet and cried her eyes out. She didn't dare to cry in front of anybody except for that time she cried infront of Ms Kim. And she swore that would be the last time. After showering, she did her daily chores and was faced with another set of beatings from Sojin. Eventhough it didn't hurt like last night, it was still painful. Hye Rin bit her lips while mopping the stairs. She couldn't wait for the moving team to come. Eventhough Mrs Park haven't give her consent, Hye Rin didn't care. She had Myungsoo to back her up and knowing Mrs Park, she would obviously give in as Myungsoo was much more powerful than her.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Hye Rin widened her eyes and quickly ran to her room. She wore a long sleeve cardigan and sweatpants. Hye Rin didn't want anybody seeing her bruises. She opened the door and immediately widened her eyes. There were at least ten people wearing the same uniform and were smiling brightly. Honestly she was a bit creeped out but nevertheless, she let them in and and led them to her room. They were obviously were going to move her things to Myungsoo's house but she didn't know why Myungsoo hiredarrow-10x10.png so many people. "I don't have a lot of things though. I think you would only need three people?" Hye Rin said after they entered her room. All of them couldn't enter the small and cramped room. Hye Rin felt embarrased but she pushed it away. In the end, only four people were needed to carry the boxes containing her clothes and necessities. While walking out of the room, one of the men accidentally dropped a box and a loud thud could be heard. Hye Rin jumped and cursed to herself. I hope they didn't hear that. "What is this?" a voice rang out. . "Um, I'm moving to Myungsoo's house don't you remember?" Hye Rin said politely to Mrs Park. "But I didn't even say anything. You're prohibited to move out of the house until I allow it, " Mrs Park said menacingly. Hye Rin began to panic and she rubbed her hands together.

"It's okay Mrs Park. She would be in good hands. I will assure you that no harm would come to her." Myungsoo suddeny appeared at the doorway. Mrs Park mentally scoffed. I don't give a about her. "Hm, what will I get if I allow Hye Rin to stay with you?" Myungsoo raised his eyebrows and smirked. "I'm pretty sure you will like it if your son gets enrolled in the most prestigious university?" Myungsoo bargained. Mrs Park's face lightened up at his offerarrow-10x10.png. "Well, that would be quite nice. Well, I pass Hye Rin to you then. Please take good care of her, alright?"  Hye Rin raised one of her eyebrows. Well, that was fast. Myungsoo smiled and bowed. Hye Rin immediately went to change her baggy clothes to something more nicer-looking. She changed to a sweater and jeans. She appliedarrow-10x10.png more concealer on the marks to cover it up. Hye Rin stepped out of her emptied room and walked towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo smiled and reached for her hand. He held it and led her out of the house. Myungsoo immediately let go and went towards the driver door. Hye Rin felt suffocated and uncomfortable holding his hand. However, there was a tinge in her which felt kind of hurt of Myungsoo's action. Hye Rin shrugged it off and entered the car. They rode in silence for the whole journey.

Once they arrived at Myungsoo's apartment, Hye Rin gawked at his apartment which was full of modern furniture and was painted in sleek colours like grey, white and black. However, she tried to cover it up and put on a blank face when Myungsoo turned towards her. " You will be staying in the guest room upstairs. There is a bathroom in the room. Come down downstairs straight away after packing up," Myungsoo said with a hint of harshness. Hye Rin just nodded her head and scoffed when she reached the top. Can't he be more welcoming? Hye Rin quickly arranged her clothes into her walk-in wardrobe. She was still taking a long time to digest the luxury of the house. However, when Hye Rin entered the bathroom, she saw her reflection in the mirror. Suddenly, everything dawed upon her as she realised that she just agreed to do the most ridiculous and absurd thing. It wasn't her at all. Hye Rin began to think of what her parents were thinking of her from the skies. They would probably be cursing at looking at me in shame. Hye Rin's eyes widened. She sank down on the sticky and wet marble tiled bathroom floor. Unknowingly, tears started streaming out of her eyes. She definitely hated to disappoint her parents. She sobbed. Hye Rin badly wanted to go back as everything was and hoped that she didn't meet Myungsoo in the first place. As an instinct, Hye Rin touched her ring finger to toy with her mother's ring. However, it wasn't there. Hye Rin cried harder after realising that she lost her mother's precious ring.

Why is she taking so long? Myungsoo thought after fifteen minutes had passed. Aish, this girl is such a bother. Myungsoo unwillingly trudged upstairs and knocked on the door. No response. He sighed and knocked again. Still no sound. Myungsoo ruffled his hair annoyingly and slowly opened the door. His sharp hearing pricked up after he heard hard sobs from the toilet. Myungsoo's eyebrows pinched together. Suddenly, he heard a whimper. Did she just say Umma? Myungsoo's frown deepened. Unknowingly, his heart softened  slightly hearing Hye Rin's state. He had the urge to go to her. However, he shook his head and hit his head a few times. Yah, what are you thinking? She doesn't even mean anything to you. Myungsoo shook his head once more and walked out of the room. He decided to leave her alone and waited her downstairs.

Hye Rin quickly wiped off her tears after trying so hard to held it in. She missed her parents deeply. Her heart clenched tightly on the thought of parents. Another wave of tears was coming but Hye Rin successfully held it in. Hye Rin stood up gingerly as to avoid slipping from the wet floor and looked at herself in the mirror. Pfft, I look pathetic. Hye Rin washed her face to get rid of any tears stains. After making sure that there wasn't any trace of her crying on her face, Hye Rin finally stepped out of her room and went downstairs. She saw Myungsoo sitting at the dining table. Hye Rin quickly sat down. " What did you wanted to say?" Hye Rin asked immediately. Myungsoo smirked and pushed a piece of paper towards her. Hye Rin peered at the piece of paper questioningly.

A contract made by Kim Myungsoo

There are a few rules for Park Hye Rin to abide in order for this contract to work.

1. She must cook for Myungsoo for all three meals.

2. She must look nice infront of him the whole day.

3. She must be able to act well in becoming his perfect and caring girlfriend.

4. She is not to invite anybody in the house.

5. She must work in the office with Myungsoo.

6. She is not allowed to enter Myungsoo's study at all times unless unnessecary.

7. She is not allowed to fall in love with Myungsoo.

Failure to follow these rules, Park Hye Rin would be then kicked out and fired.

Hye Rin nodded her head, understanding. However, she frowned when she read rule number 4 and below. " Can't I invite my aunt? She's the only person related to me, alive that is. I will make sure that she would keep it a secret. Oh, I'm pretty sure you did a background check on me for rule number 5. Rule number 6 is stupid. What am I supposed to do if  I'm bored? I want to read books though. And I'm pretty sure rule number 7 is not needed. There is no way in hell that I would fall in love with you," Hye Rin said. A few seconds passed. Myungsoo finally broke the silence and cleared his throat. " Well, I could abide to some of your requests however except for rule number 6. My study is strictly off limits to you. I would need some privacy with my work." Hye Rin sighed and couldn't fight back. She hastily grabbed the pen and signed her name beside his signature. They finally sealed their contract. Myungsoo and Hye Rin looked up to each other and nodded. It feels like I just made a deal with the spawn of Satan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hey, I'm back! Sorry it took me a while to update as I just finished my exams. I've got good news! I got first place in class!! WOOHOO I feel so happy!! However, I can't be able to update as often as my other exams are coming. Sigh. Well Hye Rin finally moved in with Myungsoo. So what's going to happen to them? Please wait for my update and thank you so much for subscribing!! Love you guys!! 

-atiqxh