Love on a Ring

Modern Cinderella

Three days went by as fast as lightning. Myungsoo's house was still reconstructing and Myungsoo and Hye Rin were stuck at Mrs Kim house for awhile. Hye Rin was washing the dishes after the three of them had eaten their breakfast when suddenly Myungsoo sneakily slithered his arms around Hye Rin's tiny waist. Hye Rin gasped and almost dropped the plate when she recognize Myungsoo's touch.

"Yah, Imo might see us," Hye Rin said, with a smile on her face. Myungsoo shooked his head and buried his face into her neck, "She's watching the television in her room and I missed you." Hye Rin chuckled and playfully knocked his head.

"We just ate breakfast together, dumb," Hye Rin laughed. 

"But Mrs Kim and you were chatting with each other ever since we arrived here," Myungsoo grumbled, while tightening his hold around Hye Rin. Hye Rin inwardly shivered as Myungsoo's mouth was moving against her neck. Her heart beat faster than usual and she had to take a few deep breaths before turning around and putting her arms around Myungsoo. She managed to finish washing dishes eventhough she was greatly distracted with Myungsoo backhugging her.

"I'm sorry if you felt left out but I promise that I won't make you feel lonely anymore," Hye Rin promised. 

"Well, you need a punishment," Myungsoo smirked. Hye Rin raised an eyebrow questioningly. Myungsoo raised one of his finger to his cheek and made a kissing face. Hye Rin smiled knowingly. Of course what else? From the past few days, she realised that Myungsoo is a fan of kissing and would grab her and kiss her out of anywhere. Not that she mind but she couldn't control the butterflies in her stomach and her heart beating very fast from Myungsoo's constant skinship. 

Hye Rin tiptoed and puckered her lips to kiss Myungsoo's cheek when he suddenly turned to face her. Hye Rin suddenly realised that Myungsoo had planned this afterall and wanted her to kiss him on the lips. She smirked inwardly inside. With her fast reflexes, she managed to dodge Myungsoo's lips and kiss his cheek. 

Myungsoo's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what just happened. Did she just ignored my lips and kissed my cheek instead? He looked down and realised that Hye Rin wasn't in his arms anymore. He turned hastily and spotted Hye Rin climbing up the stairs to her room. She smirked ily and went inside her room. Myungsoo gaped and almost laughed out loud. He ruffled his hair and frowned. Myungsoo was stating the truth actually. He really did miss her. And now she had left him hanging. Myungsoo smiled when he remembered how Hye Rin dodged his lips and kissed his cheek. Oh and when she smirked oh so ily at him just now. 

Myungsoo sighed dreamily. Wow, she's something alright.

After one week, their apartment was finally reconstructed and Myungsoo was pleased that it was exactly the same as before. Hye Rin had to say goodbye to her lovely aunt and return to the apartment. Eventhough she was sad of leaving Mrs Kim, she was ecstatic to being alone with Myungsoo once again. 

However, her lovely daydreams came to an end when she suddenly spotted Minhwa's car at the apartment lobby. Hye Rin instinctively linked her arm around Myungsoo's. Myungsoo looked down questioningly but didn't question any further. Once they arrived, both of them were equally surprised in seeing Minhwa infront of their doorstep. To Myungsoo, he was just a random guy but to Hye Rin, he was anyone but nobody. 

"MInhwa, what are you doing here?" Hye Rin asked, puzzled on how he knew where her unit was. Minhwa turned around and was shocked to see Hye Rin with her arm around a guy. Myungsoo looked at Hye Rin, She knows this guy?

"Hye Rin ah, wh-who is this?" Minhwa stuttered, unable to hide his pain and shock. Hye Rin's heart dropped when she saw Minhwa's expression. She couldn't help but feel bad for him. Well, that was Hye Rin. Always thinking of other people over herself. She was about to reply to Minhwa when suddenly the bell dinged and the elevator door opened revealing Jimin who was clutching a bouquet of roses. Hye Rin's eyes widened and she almost gasped. Myungsoo's eyes narrowed unknowingly knowing the reason why Jimin was here for.

"Uh, Minhwa this is my boyfriend, Myungsoo. Myungsoo, this is um my childhood best friend, Minhwa. Oh and Minhwa, thats my stepbrother, Park Jimin," Hye Rin said after a while. Minhwa's jaw dropped to the ground after hearing her introduced Jimin and Myungsoo.

"You had a stepbrother? And wait what, a boyfriend?!" Minhwa cried. He couldn't believe it. He had travelled miles to win back Hye Rin's heart just for it to be taken away already. His heart dropped even more realising that Hye Rin didn't even mentioned about her late father remarrying. 

Myungsoo didn't miss the flash of pain and disappointment on his face when Hye Rin said that. He mentally scoffed. What? Does that mean two guys are chasing for Hye Rin? You got to be ing kidding me.

Jimin flinched when Hye Rin called him her stepbrother. Well, that's what I will always be. Jimin looked up and met with Myungsoo's penetrating eyes. If looks could kill, Jimin would probably dead on the floor already. He shivered unknowingly under Myungsoo's stare and decided to get the heck out of there.

"Hye Rin ah,I heard what happened and decided to come and visit you but it seems like you're busy.I'll come by sometime later," Jimin said. Hye Rin turneda nd gave him a small smile and took the bouquet from him. Jimin soon took the elevator and walked away.

Myungsoo sighed. One down one more to go. "Well, what are you doing here, Minhwa-shi?" Myungsoo asked trying very hard to mask his irritation and jealousy. Minhwa lowered his head to hide his pain and shook his head, "I just wanted to see Hye Rin. It seems like she's occupied." Minhwa walked off without waiting for Hye Rin's response. Hye Rin's shoulder slumped down seeing Minhwa's forlorn figure. Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows seeing Hye Rin's reaction. He hesitantly unlocked the door and stepped inside. Hye Rin trudged forward and carelessly threw her bag on the couch. 

Myungsoo raised one of his brows questioningly and pulled Hye Rin's arm towards him. She stumbled a bit but managed to regain her balance. Hye Rin glared at Myungsoo, prompting him to chuckle.

"Are you okay or am I imagining things?" Myungsoo smirked. God, how I missed that smirk. Hye Rin impulsively pressed her lips on Myungsoo's. He stumbled back but managed to not trip when Hye Rin wrapped her arm around his neck to deepen it. Myungsoo finally caught up with her pace and her lips,asking for permission. She willingly opened slightly and Myungsoo wasted no time in gliding his tongue through , every corners. 

Their bodies were pressed together, leaving not a single milimeter between them. Myungsoo could feel Hye Rin's soft chest against him and he pressed them closer. She purred, welcoming Myungsoo's action. Suddenly, Hye Rin's phone rang loudly through the room. Both of them jumped, shocked from the loud ringing. Myungsoo groaned and Hye Rin laughed at his reaction. 

"Needy," Hye Rin said before sticking out her tongue. She quickly grabbed her phone and saw that her aunt was on the other line. She quickly answered it and went to the balcony to have some privacy. Myungsoo decided to get changed and cook ramyun for them.

After changing and cooking the ramyun, he saw Hye Rin coming down the stairs from her room after changing to her nightgown and was still talking amitatedly with Mrs Kim. Myungsoo walked towards her and hugged from behind. Hye Rin managed to supress her gasp and hit Myungsoo.

"Yes, Imo. I will be fine. And I won't miss my meals alright," Hye Rin ended the call, sighing contently.

"This is what I was talking about. You talking to Mrs Kim while I watch from the sidelines," Hye Rin could feel Myungsoo pouting against her head. Hye Rin scoffed and went to eat her dinner.

"And what was that all about? Who is Minhwa huh? Your first love?" Myungsoo asked, remembering what happened just now. Hye Rin sighed and told Myungsoo everything. 

Myungsoo leaned back and smirked after hearing Hye Rin's story. "Wow, I didn't know you were such a charmer." Hye Rin scoffed, "Well, maybe you don't know me so well huh?" 

"I know of a way to get to know you better," Myungsoo said. Hye Rin furrowed her eyebrows, clueless. Suddenly, he stood up, grabbed Hye Rin's hands and pulled her to the living room. Hye Rin's heart was beating very fast, mainly because Myungsoo was holding her hands and she was practically fangirling inside. She inwardly chided herself for acting like a lovesick teenager and unconsciously straightened her back.

"Remember during the ball, you were wearing that awesome dress and killer heels. Oh and not forgetting your outstanding beauty that outshone the rest of the ladies at the ball. Well, I can never forget that moment but I figured that you didn't dance during the ball so......." Hye Rin gasped when Myungsoo switched on his music player and dimmed the lights. 

" Do you mind having this dance, my lady?" Myungsoo teasingly asked while holding out his hand. 

"Why yes of course," Hye Rin giggled, pretending along with Myungsoo. She awkwardly curtisied and held Myungsoo's hand. Myungsoo slowly s his arm around Hye Rin's waist while she held Myungsoo's shoulder firmly. Slowly but surely, they started moving through the music. They stared at each other the whole time, basking in each other's presence. 

Suddenly, Hye Rin felt something heavy on her right index finger. She quickly withdrew her hand from Myungsoo's and raised it. She gasped and brought her other hand to cover her agape mouth. 

"Myungsoo, what's this?" Hye Rin whispered, peering at her late mother's ring which was fitted perfectly just like how it should be from one month ago. 

"You dropped this when you walked away from me during that ball night. I'm pretty sure this ring meant a lot to you because I kept seeing you fiddling with your finger ever since that night. I should have given you sooner but I decided to wait for the right time," Myungsoo confessed. He stared into Hye Rin's eyes, full of love and adoration. Hye Rin's eyes suddenly brimmed with tears, relieved that she found the most precious thing to her and Myungsoo's overwhelming love for her. 

"Myungsoo, I love you," Hye Rin tiptoed and whispered in Myungsoo's ear. He grinned profusely, hearing Hye Rin's words, carried and twirled her around. Hye Rin screamed and laughed at Myungsoo's antics. He finally put her down and immediately reached down to Hye Rin's lips. She emmited a muffled gasp, surprised from the sudden kiss. Hye Rin finally kissed Myungsoo back and unknowingly smiled against Myungsoo lips, causing him to smile along. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Tadah!! Hye Rin finally reached the love stage :) Thanks for reading and please leave comments alright! And thank you for subscribing <3