Finally

Modern Cinderella

Hye Rin gingerly unlocked the front door as to not wake Myungsoo up. She quietly stepped in and placed her shoes in the shelf. Slowly, she tiptoed towards the living room. Suddenly, Hye Rin gasped and almost slipped. The whole dining room and kitchen were in darkness except for three scented candles being held by a candle-holder. Scrumptious food were being laid out that even made Hye Rin's mouth watered. However, that wasn't the one that made Hye Rin gasped. One of the candles was dangerously melting towards the tablecloth. Hye Rin watched in horror when she saw the candle dropped on the tablecloth and began to catch fire.

Without hesitating, Hye Rin quickly grabbed a pail from the bathroom and filled with water. She didn't missed her name on a platecard as if reserving the seat for her. 

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo! Eodiya?! The house is in fire!!" Hye Rin screamed at the top of her lungs. Myungsoo in the meantime was rubbing his eyes out of exhaustion when his nose suddenly got clogged by a huge amount of smoke and he began coughing badly. Myungsoo became completely alert once he saw the blazing fire on his kitchen table. He quickly scrambled up and ran towards Hye Rin's voice. 

"Yah, what happened? Why is there a fire?" Myungsoo asked questioningly. Hye Rin shooked her head and said, "How can I know?! Just try putting out the fire using this pail while I go call the fire department." Myungsoo nodded his head obediently and carried the pail outside. The fire was now becoming bigger and was spreading towards the kitchen. No not there! Myungsoo quickly splashed water on the fire and almost felt satisifed when he saw the water was doing a good job. However, the fire was still spreading and Myungsoo ran out of water. Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a red extinguisher placed beside the kitchen entrance but a few flames were blocking his way. Myungsoo mentally smacked his head for forgetting that he had an extinguisher all along. 

Myungsoo bravely walked through the flames to get to the extinguisher. He felt his legs were burned but he ignored it and pulled the safety pin. Myungsoo pointed the nozzle and sprayed. 

After a few minutes, Myungsoo finally was able to douse the entire fire . He dropped the extinguisher tiredly and sighed. Myungsoo quickly turned around and looked for Hye Rin. "Hye Rin ah! Gwenchana? Eodiya?" Myungsoo shouted, panicking. Suddenly, Myungsoo heard a timid."I'm here," coming from his left. He quickly turned around and saw Hye Rin cowering in a corner. Her face and clothed were full of sot and her eyes were moving around rapidly. Myungsoo's heart dropped seeing her and quickly ran to her.

Hye Rin, who sensed Myungsoo running towards her, reached her hands out towards Myungsoo. He gladly accepted her open arms and hugged her tightly. Hye Rin clutched Myungsoo chest and fisted his shirt. However, what scared Myungsoo the most was that Hye Rin wasn't even crying. He immediately coaxed and calmed Hye Rin down. Her heart beat was beating rapidly just like how his heart was beating.

Suddenly, Hye Rin broke down into sobs and started bawling. She was trying hard to contain her tears however with Myungsoo hugging her tightly, Hye Rin immediately broke down.

"I thought you were going to die. I thought you would be gone forever. I can't imagine myself without you," Hye Rin suddenly said. Myungsoo's eyes widened and he held Hye Rin's shoulder and faced. Hye Rin was looking down on the floor with her tear-strained face. Myungsoo suddenly laughed, which prompted Hye Rin to look up questioningly. 

"Why are you so cute?" Myungsoo chuckled once more, "Don''t worry. I won't go anywhere. I'll stay by your side for a really really long long time."

Hye Rin glared and hit Myungsoo's shoulder playfully. Myungsoo pouted and pretended to be hurt. Hye Rin smiled softly. Their eyes connected and Myungsoo's eyes immediately went towards Hye Rin's lips. It's now or never. Slowly, Myungsoo leaned down and reached down for a kiss. Hye Rin smiled and closed her eyes, knowing fully well what was coming.

Suddenly, the front door burst open and a few firemen stormed inside, looking alert and serious. Hye Rin and Myungsoo jumped and immediately let go of each other. Hye Rin looked down in embarrassment while Myungsoo looked slightly irritated but he was able to mask his irritation and explained that they were able to extinguish the fire. They were brought downstairs and were questioned. After one hour of questioning, Myungsoo and Hye Rin were were sent to Hye Rin's aunt's house as their apartment was completely destroyed.

Their car ride was quite and awkward. Hye Rin was fiddling with her finger while Myungsoo had his eyes on the road. Suddenly, Hye Rin started laughing. Myungsoo looked at Hye Rin weirdly. 

"Did you inhale too much smoke or did you hit your head on something? This is not a situation where one laughs. Our house is ruined and it would take a long time to reconstruct it-" 

"And I'm pretty sure that you would want it to be exactly as the same as before," Hye Rin interrupted him. Myungsoo scoffed but kept quiet.

"Oh, and what was that, huh? I clearly saw a candlelight dinner meant for two at the dining table and there was my name on the seat," Hye Rin dared to ask, waiting for Myungsoo's answer.

"It was for you." Hye Rin's eyes widened. She didn't expect Myungsoo to be that straightforward.Hye Rin awkwardly cleared and opened to say something but Myungsoo cut her off.

"I shouldn't be having feelings for you at all. You were just a tool that I needed to inherit the company. However, unknowingly, along the way, I fell in love with you, Park Hye Rin. And I know that the contract stated that you can't fall in love with me but, it stated nothing about me so I dared to confess to you but it turned out to be a flop. However, my feelings for you are truely sincere. I love you, Park Hye Rin," Myungsoo looked up into Hye Rin's eyes after saying his last sentence. Hye Rin was mesmerized as per usual with Myungsoo's deep brown eyes. His eyes seemed to bore into hers and it was as if it was able to look through her. 

"I........... I'm not at the stage of love now, Myungsoo. But I'm certain that I have solid feelings for you," Hye Rin confessed truthfully, "Give me a few days and I'll give you my answer alright." Myungsoo's heart dropped slightly but nevertheless he still had hope as Hye Rin still had feelings for him. 

"I'm going to change your heart Hye Rin. I'm going to smother you with love until you will come crawling to me," Myungsoo pledged. Hye Rin shooked her head, smiling. Soon, they arrived in front of Mrs Kim's house. Hye Rin stepped out of the car and was about to take the stairs to the entrance when she got pulled back.

Hye Rin lost her balance and landed on Myungsoo's chest with his arm around her waist.  He suddenly leaned down and pecked Hye Rin's lips.

Hye Rin widened her eyes and shouted, "Yah, what are yo-" Myngsoo then again pecked her lips. Hye Rin furrowed her eyebrows and frowned. Myungsoo grinned.

"If you're going to kiss me, do it properly. You think you can-" Myungsoo suddenly swooped down and captured Hye Rin's lips into his own. Myungsoo kissed her gently and passionately. Hye Rin immediately knew that this wasn't just a peck. She slowly closed her eyes and kissed Myungsoo back, wrapping her arms around Myungsoo's neck to deepen the kiss. Myungsoo brought her body closer, leaving no space in between their bodies. Soon, they were out of breath and broke the kiss. That was incredible, Myungsoo thought, If I knew that her lips were that soft and mesmerizing, I would have kissed her sooner. They stared at each other and broke into a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Guys, I at writing kiss scenes. I'm sorry :( Leave feedback alright! I think I really need help with my writing. Thanks!