Idiots

Modern Cinderella

"Oh my god, So Jin ah! We got invited to Infinite's party!!" Mrs Park voice rang through the whole house. Suddenly, a squeal could be heard from upstairs. Hye Rin who was moping the kitchen looked up in alarm. What's with all the fuss? Hye Rin wondered. She walked out of the kitchen and saw Ji Min coming down. They glanced at each other and Ji Min shrugged. Out of nowhere, So Jin was racing down the stairs, accidentally bumping Ji Min. He glared at So Jin but she paid no heed to it. Excitedly, she rushed towards her mother who was in the living room reading a letter.

"Mom, are you serious? When? Where? Why? Please tell me this is not a dream!" So Jin asked while clinging to Mrs Park. Mrs Park just showed So Jin the letter and said, "Read it". Ji Min rolled his eyes and went back to his room. Hye Rin watched the scene in confusion. Who is Infinite? She stayed put and observed them. "So Jin, you must attend the party, alright? It's good for the company and you might catch the eye of one of the Infinite members," Mrs Park winked. "You don't even have to say it, Mom. I will definitely be going to the party. But first, I need a new dress and shoes. Oh and a new purse! Ooh this is so exciting!" So Jin squealed. However, she stopped squealing when she saw Hye Rin observing them.

So Jin snickered and smirked, "Well, it seems that we 'accidentally' left her out," she pointed at Hye Rin. Hye Rin raised her eyebrows. Mrs Park glanced up from the letter and scoffed. " Hye Rin ah, do you want to go to the party?" Mrs Park asked in a 'oh-so-sweet' tone. Hye Rin opened to say something but got interrupted by Mrs Park. "Oh, I'm so sorry but you can't go, dear. I don't think the people there allows peasants like you. Next time maybe?" She said with a sarcastic tone. So Jin bursted out laughing as if it was the funniest joke she has ever heard. Hye Rin almost burst out of anger but she was able to hold it in. She had no desire nor intention to go the party knowing that it will be full of spoiled and rich brats and here she is being forced to act as if she wanted to go to the hell of a hole.

Hye Rin breathed in and out, bowed to them and left to complete her chores. She didn't want to waste time convincing them that she didn't want to attend the party as she had her part time job to be taken care of. Hye Rin quickly finished moping the kitchen and got ready for her part time job. While exiting the house, she still could hear Mrs Park and So Jin's squeals. She rolled her eyes and walked out towards the convenience store. She entered the store and a ding could be heard from the bell on the door. " Ah Hye Rin ah, you arrived. Put on your uniform and help with these boxes," Kyung Soo, her boss, called. Hye Rin nodded her head and rushed towards the room at the back of the counter. She began her job efficiently and diligently.

An hour was left for Hye Rin and she was busy attending the counter. The small convenience store was filled with teenagers and adults who were waiting for their turn to pay. "Ding!" Hye Rin looked up to the door as seven guys entered the convenience store at the same time. All seven of them had their hands in the pocket of their coats as they jerked up and down on their feet into the convenience store. IdiotsWithout observing the seven guys properly, Hye Rin greeted the customers and continued her work.

Soon, the seven tall men was standing in front of her as they placed a bunch of snacks and drinks. Without looking up, Hye Rin grabbed the packets of Doritos and scanned all the items within a few seconds. She placed the items in a plastic bag and gave it to one of the seven guys. Within that moment, her eyes met with these pair of gorgeous brown eyes. His ash brown hair covered his eyebrows and Hye Rin took her chance to observe this one guy. He had eyes that can look into souls and his stare was more like a glare. She could see the cold aura in his eyes. Funny how his eyes were talking to her and telling her something she couldn't understand. Hye Rin gave his change and receipt and fake smiled. However, the guy didn't even budge from his spot. He was eyeing the receipt. "Uhh, sir, Do you mind going to the side. There are still more customers behind you." Hye Rin politely said. The guy looked up and said, "Are you trying to cheat me? There is something wrong with the receipt. I should be getting $3.00 instead of $2.50 for my change." Hye Rin looked up surprised. She took the receipt and scanned it once again. There was nothing wrong with it. What is wrong with this guy? 

Without them knowing, they started bickering until Kyung Soo was able to step in the crowd and calm them down. Kyung Soo voluntarily explained to the guy on his misundestanding. Kyung Soo then walked away to tend to the other customers. The guy and Hye Rin glared at each other. Suddenly, one of the guy's friends called out to him from outside the store, "Myung Soo ah! What's taking you so long?" Only then did they broke their eye contact. Hye Rin looked down while Myung Soo huffed in annoyance. Realizing the tension between the two of them, Hye Rin passed him his change and receipt. "Have a good night!" Hye Rin unwillingly smiled at the seven man and watched them walk out of the store before taking a glance at the previous guy.

Her work shift soon ended after she spend another hour in the store to return unwanted items back to their places on the shelves. Exhausted from standing for too long behind the counter, she took a few minutes rest before making her way out and lock the store. She took the bus back home and arrived later on in the quiet house. Mrs Park and So Jin were sleeping as she could hear So Jin's snores and Mrs Park grinding her teeth. One of the surprising facts she found out about her step family. Ji Min was nowhere to be seen. Hye Rin yawned and glanced at the grandfather clock at the living room. She widened her eyes and gasped. It was already 1am! Exhaustion took over her body and she slumped on the couch. She wasn't allowed to sit on the sofa but oh who cares, there was nobody to yell or insult her. 

"You're going to be skinned if Mrs Park or So Jin sees you sitting there," A voice rang out. Hye Rin jumped and scrambled up from the sofa."Uh, I'm sorry?" Hye Rin unconsciously scatched her nape and looked down knowing that it was Ji Min. Hye Rin scampered towards her small room at the back of the kitchen. Ji Min chuckled silently and walked towards his room.Hye Rin went inside her room to get her toilet supplies and went inside the toilet to wash up. While showering, Hye Rin suddenly remembered about the Myung Soo guy in the convenience and puffed her cheeks out in annoyance."Ugh, that guy just ruined my freaking mood. Work sure is hard." Hye Rin finished showering, changed and went to sleep on a thin mattress. She soon fall into a deep sleep and all her thoughts of Myung Soo went out of the window.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]

Thank you to all for reading our story!

Do leave your comments down below and don't forget to subscribe!!

Have a wonderful day!!!:)

-atxqxh, palinxc