(Temporary) Girl

Modern Cinderella

Myung Soo was walking back and forth restlessly and was biting his fingernails in front of the Infinite members. They were looking at him weirdly and was also worried on why he was behaving in such a way. At last, Sung Gyu broke the silence and asked, "Do you mind telling us what's going on or should we just sit here and stare at you?"

Sung Gyu was annoyed as things were going slower than ever as he was looking forward to playing Fifa 15 with his friends. Myung Soo looked at them and searched their faces. Some of them were full of worry while some were annoyed. Myung Soo couldn't blame them as he was holding them back. Myung Soo heaved a huge sigh and he broke the news to his friends. 

 

"Myung Soo, my dear son. I need to talk to you." Myung Soo's father, Mr Kim, said once Myung Soo entered his office. Myung Soo raised one of his eyebrow and nodded his head. Is he sick? Myung Soo thought. "Son, I'm getting old and you will soon be inheriting this company from me." Myung Soo nodded his head once again to indicate that he understood what his father was blabbing about. Myung Soo was the only son so it was only natural that he must take over the company one day. 

"However, I'm sure you realize that some businessman prefer married man over single man for business. In fact, most of them and do you want to know why? It's because married man are supposedly supposed to be responsible and matured as they have their own family and their company to take care of. Which is why you will need to find a girl of your own and bring her to me to show that you are ready to inherit the company." Myung Soo jaw dropped after hearing what his father said. He shook his head in disbelief and asked, "Your're not joking right?" 

"Do i look like I'm joking,son?" Myung Soo scoffed and protested. It was impossible to find a girl in a short period. However, Mr Kim ignored Myung Soo and gave him four weeks to find her. Myung Soo only managed to nod his head weakly and walked out of his father's office. 

 

All six of them looked at Myung Soo in shocked. "Are you kidding us?" Woo Hyun shouted. Sung Jong laughed out loud and rolled on the floor while clutching on his stomach."Yah! Do you think it's funny?" Myung Soo raised his voice and kicked Sung Jong on his . Sung Yeol, the ever quiet one, asked, "So what are you going to do?" Myung Soo replied, "What do you mean by what I'm going to do? I'm going to do nothing. Do you really think I would look for a girlfriend just to inherit the company? No thanks."

"Are you sure? That company means a lot to you though. It has been your dream since young to inherit the company. Are you sure you want to give up just like that?" Sung Gyu reasoned to Myung Soo. There was a hint of uncertainty in Myung Soo's eyes. However, it flickered off when Myung Soo looked up to Sung Gyu. His eyes remained expressionless. "Sung Gyu hyung, do you have any idea on how to get me a girl?" Myung Soo asked. All six of them grinned and started sprouting out ideas.

"Let's get you to a club and find a hot girl," Dong Woo said while moving his eyebrows up and down suggestively. Myung Soo raised his eyebrows in disbelief and shook his head. "Do you want my father to get a heart attack seeing his future daughter-in-law in a mini skirt and crop top?" 

"Hey, how about you visit a dating agency and ask them to introduce to you some girls?" Ho Won said, his eyes lighting up. Myung Soo mentally facepalmed himself. "Ho Won, are you trying to ruin my name? If the press finds out that I sought out help from a dating agency then they would think that I am too weak to handle my love life." Myung Soo said boringly towards Ho Won. Ho Won weakly nodded his head and slumped his back on the sofa. 

Suddenly, Sung Gyu jumped up from the sofa. "Guys, I've got an idea!" All six of them raised up their heads expectantly. "Why don't you hold a party to find the perfect girl for you. We will help you invite all the sons and daughters from every company to attend the party. How does that sound?" Sung Gyu asked. Everybody went silent. Sung Jong jumped up and exclaimed, "Wah, hyung! You are so smart! That is a great idea, don't you think so Myung Soo hyung?"

Myung Soo thought for a minute and eventually smiled. It was a great idea but he was too proud to thank Sung Gyu. They started planning immediately after they saw the smile on Myung Soo's face.

Sung Gyu was assigned to invite the guests as he had many connection with other companies while Ho Won was assigned to find the perfect venue for the party as he had planned many events before. Meanwhile, Woo Hyun and Sung Jong was incharge with the decoration for the party and Dong Woo offered to help with the refreshments. Sung Yeol was sent to reserve seven suits and shoes for the party. Myung Soo however was told to relax and come up with a speech to convince the girl that caught his eyes to become his (temporary) girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE