Official

Modern Cinderella

Myungsoo stood up, ready to leave. Hye Rin traced her ring finger where her mom's ring used to be. Hye Rin's eyes began to brim with tears remembering that she had lost the most precious thing in her life. Myungsoo, however, saw that little action of hers and frowned. Could she be looking for her ring that she dropped at the ball? He planned to give it to her but, nah. He trudged on and entered his room, leaving Hye Rin in the dining table.

Hye Rin didn't realise that Myungsoo had left until she raised her gaze from her finger. Where did he go? she wondered. Hye RIn turned her head and saw Myungsoo's silhoutte in his bedroom. She sighed heavily and went upstairs to her room. She immediately slumped her body on her bed. However, her phone rang at the next minute. Hye Rin grunted and reluctantly picked up her phone. The caller ID said that it was Mrs Kim. She immediately brightened and answered the call. "Imo! I miss you so much!! What are you doing right now?" Hye Rin said the minute she answered the call. 

Mrs Park laughed and said, " I'm doing fine. So, I heard that you already moved in with that Myungsoo guy? How is he? Was he good to you? Did he touch you anywhere inappropriate?" Hye Rin winced lightly when her voice higher after every word. " Myungsoo is okay. He didn't do anything to me so you don't have to worry too much, Imo." Hye Rin could practically hear Mrs Park sigh in relief through the phone. Hye Rin smiled unknowingly. They continued to chatarrow-10x10.png with each other till the other was tired. Hye Rin had never felt this calm and happiness in a long time. She finally laid down on the bed, getting ready to fall asleep. She sighed in happiness when her whole body came into contact with the bed. The bed was the most fluffiest and comfortable bed she has ever laid in in her whole life. Hye Rin finally slept with a contented smile on her face for the first time.

Hye Rin woke up for the first time without the alarm. However, when she saw the unfamiliar surroundings, she immediately panicked. She scrambled around on her bed when it finally dawned on her. She was not living under her stepmother and stepsister anymore. Hye Rin sighed in relief. I'm going to take a long time to get used to this kind of life.She got up and picked out clothes to make herself look good infront of Myungsoo. She don't usually care about how she looked eventhough she had a great sense of fashion but she had to so as to not get kicked out of the house. She picked out a navy blue dress and washed up. 

Hye Rin was arranging the dininng table after cooking breakfast when she heard the door to Myungsoo's room opened. He came out of the room wearing a crisp navy blue suit. In his grasp was his briefcase. Hye Rin almost gasped as he looked dashingly handsome but stopped when she saw the tie he was wearing. Hye Rin inwardly cringed at Myungsoo's choice of tie. It was a yellow and green striped tie. Ugh, this guy has no fashion taste. Myungsoo raised his eyebrows questioningly. Hye Rin smiled forcedly. 

Hye RIn served an American breakfast, much to Myungsoo's delight. The dining table was in silence as they were eating their breakfast. Hye Rin cleared and started the conversation as she couldn't stand the silence." So, when do I start work?" Hye Rin asked. "Today," Myungsoo answered simply. Hye Rin's eyes widened. " I didn't even go shopping to buy my office attire yet," Hye RIn exclaimed. Myungsoo looked up from his plate and said, "Then just go shopping now. You can change to your office attire and come straight to work." Hye Rin sighed. She wanted to meet Mrs Kim. Well, it seems that she will have to cancel their meeting then. Suddenly, a thought came to her mind. How was she supposed to go shopping when she didn't even know where the mall is? "Um, Myungsoo, I don't know where the mall is," Hye Rin asked timidly. Myungsoo looked up once again and stared at her with a look screaming, Are you ing kidding me now? How does one does not know where the mall is. Hye Rin frowned at his stare and exclaimed, "Hey, I've been stuck in that goddamn house for almost half of my life. You can't blame me for not being familiar with Seoul." Myungsoo softened slightly hearing her. 

" Fine, I will bring you to go shopping," Myungsoo said softly. However, Hye Rin caught that and looked at him questioningly. Hye Rin sighed and decided to drop the matter. She gobbled up the rest of her breakfast and went to get her bag. However, when she saw Myungsoo adjusting his tie infront of the mirror, she couldn't take it anymore. "Where is your closet? I need to see the types of ties you have," Hye Rin said. Myungsoo looked at her weirdly, "Why would I?" "Just show me will you." Myungsoo stared at her in disbelief. She was the first girl who dared to push him around. Hye Rin rolled her eyes and just went to his room. Myungsoo walked behind her, confused. Hye Rin went straight to his walk-in closet and opened a drawer. Inside it, there were many ties folded neatly beside each other. He has so many nice ties yet he chose that ugly tie? Hye Rin shooked her head. She quickly took out a silver tie and matched it with Myungsoo's suit. She nodded her head approvingly. Myungsoo watched her the whole time as if she was crazy. "Stop looking at me like that, dumb. Now, change to this tie now," Hye Rin said. Myungsoo scoffed. "Why would I change my tie? It's perfectly fine." Hye Rin rolled her eyes at his stubbornness.

"It's hideous, you stupid nincompoop. It doesn't match with your suit at all," Myungsoo looked down at his tie and inspected it. Hye Rin grew impatient. She impusively grabbed his tie and pulled him to her. Myungsoo's eyes widened and he barely stopped himself from crashing into Hye Rin. Hye Rin untie his previous tie and put on the silver tie. Hye Rin did a special knot to make it more nicer. She bit her lip as she focused on tying the tie. Myungsoo looked down and almost gasped at their close proximity. Hye Rin's eyelashes were long and her nose was sharp and small. Myungsoo looked down at finally saw her luscious lips. As Hye Rin bit her lip, Myungsoo couldn't help but think that it was y. Yah, what are you thinking, Myungsoo? She's just a temporary girl. Yes, just imagine her as a piece of cocrete. Anybody who saw that would think that they were newlyweds however they were absolutely wrong. Hye Rin smiled to herself and grazed her fingers around his chest to lessen the wrinkles. Myungsoo's skin tingled from her touch. Hye Rin looked up and saw Myungsoo's eyes on her lips. She quickly wiped off her smile and walked away. Myungsoo stood there, baffled. Did she just smile?

They finally reached the shopping mall after taking the car. Hye Rin alighted from the car and gasped at the sight infront of her. People of all ages were gathered at the mall. There were kids running around with balloons, teenagers lounging around with their friends and there were also elderly people walking around looking through stores. Myungsoo saw her eyes twinkled in astonishment and excitement. His heart beat skipped a beat at her expression. He hoped that he would see that amusing expression of hers everyday.

Myungsoo expertly led her towards the one of the stores. The whole place was crowded that Hye Rin had a hard time to catch up with Myungsoo but she managed to stay on Myungsoo's tail. Hye Rin entered the store and was once again mesmerized. There were so many clothings displayed and hanged in the store and there were a few salesperson helping customers who were wandering around. A salesperson walked up to them and smiled. However, her eyes were only trained on Myungsoo. Her eyes were full of admiration. Hye RIn felt a pinch in her heart. What are you doing, Hye Rin ah? You're not supposed to have any feelings for this jerk. "You're Kim Myungsoo right? The famous and rich Kim Myungsoo right? How may I help you?" the salesperson asked while batting her eyelashes fllirtatiously. Hye Rin's eyelashes are prettier, Myungsoo's thoughts rang in his head. Realising that this was a chance to make his "relationship" known, he wrapped his arm around Hye Rin's waist and said loudly, " I'm here to buy my dear girlfriend here some clothes." Hye Rin looked up and widened her eyes. 

What are you doing?! Hye Rin's eyes were practically screaming her thoughts towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked down and winked playfully. Hye Rin scoffed and put her hand on Myungsoo's arm that was around her waist to pull it away from her. However, Myungsoo grabbed her hand using his free hand and interwined them. Everybody in the store gasped and some even took out their phones. Myungsoo the rich, handsome and famous businessman was hugging a girl who he named as his girlfriend! Myungsoo sent a warning look and Hye Rin sighed and decided to play along.The both of them were checking out the store while many eyes were pinned on them. Hye Rin felt uncomfortable under the stares and unconsciously rubbed her arms. Myungsoo looked down and suddenly saw yellow bruises on her arms. He looked at them questioningly. But his thoughts were cut off when Hye Rin asked him if a certain dress shirt looked nice on her. Hye Rin didn't want to ask but she had to keep up with the act.They continued to shop under the attention of many people.Murmurs and whisperings were being passed around. 

Myungsoo and Hye Rin finally exited the shop with Myungsoo's face looking very red. God, she looked so y wearing the office clothes I picked out for her. Myungsoo mentally facepalmed as he shook off his thoughts. "Myungsoo ah, can we go back? I'm tired," Hye Rin said while hooking her arm around Myungsoo's arm. Myungsoo was startled and his heartbeat pounded really loud and fast.. "Um yeah sure come on," Myungsoo stuttured. Hye Rin looked at him questioningly but brushed it off. Myungsoo glanced at her and suddenly saw two big yellow and purple bruises on both her legs. Eventhough it was covered by makeup, it could be seen from Myungsoo's view. His curiosity got the best of him and he decided to raise the issue later tonight. But now, he would have to get Hye RIn changed and become his new advisor manager in his company. Oh and I've also got a million messages flooding in my phone too. Gotta have to deal with that later on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Guys, bad news :(( Next week is my exams and I think I won't be updating for a week or so. I know I have not been updating lately. I'm so sorry. But anyways, thank you for commenting and subscribing!! I really appreciate it a lot! 

Now that Myungsoo has seen Hye Rin's bruises, what's going to happen? And considering the fact that their realtionship is now official, how will they deal with it? Nah I'm not telling you so bye!!

-atiqxh