The Awaited Ball

Modern Cinderella

Hye Rin had a pinch of regret in her heart after going through a whirlwind of makeup brushes and hair rolls. She didn't particularly like people making her do things but she decided to let it pass. Just for one night, Hye Rin. Ms Kim was just sitting there in the corner grinning like a mad woman. Hye Rin shooked her head and mustered a small smile. She didn't dare look at herself in the mirror and only waited till they were done with her. The hairdresser was working on her hair while a woman was working on her makeup. Hye Rin certainly didn't like this type of treatment and had to only wait until it was over.

"Tadah! Oh my god! You look like a princess! You're going to be the star of the ball my dear!" Many praises were thrown at her and Hye Rin felt giddy from it. She finally dared to open her eyes and look at herself in the mirror. When she finally opened them, she gasped. She was amazed by herself. Never have she ever thought hat she would look this good. Is that really me? Impossible! Her hair was nicely curled and her face wasn't caked in too much make up. Her black dress stood out from her pale skin. In short, she was the epitome of perfection."Is it okay, dear? I called the best people to get you ready though. Is there anything you're not satisfied with?" Ms Kim asked worriedly. Hye Rin turned towards Ms Kim and shooked her head. Hye Rin hugged Ms Kim and Ms Kim chuckled. She thanked and hugged all the people who had helped her for the ball. She felt extremely grateful to them and they could see it clearly in her eyes. They unknowingly smiled. Hye Rin suddenly felt excited. However, Ms Kim said, " Dear, there is something you should know." Hye Rin's face turned serious and she stared at Ms Kim. "You must be back before 12 midnight. I've checked your stepmother's schedule and she would be back home by 12.30." Ms Kim said while staring sadly at Hye Rin. Hye Rin just shrugged and didn't mind. Her going to the ball was more than enough. She didn't expect everything to be perfect. Soon, she was whisked into a limousine with Ms Kim wishing her good luck. Hye Rin breathed in and out to calm her nervous. I hope everything would turn out fine.

The second she stepped out of the limousine, she started to feel insecure. There were so many ladies and gentlemen that were immacutely dressed making her feel small. She pushed it down and walked confidently towards the entrance. Eventhough she was treated as a maid at home by the two wonderful devils, she still could remember what her parents have thought her on etiquette. Walk with confidence and head held high. Her mother would say, "Chest out, shoulders back, and make sure you feel relax." She remember every single words that her mother had told her. As it was one of her very few memories with her parents, it remained etched in her mind. Hye Rin walked straight ahead ignoring the stares that she was receiving from the people around her. The minute she opened the entrance door gracefully, it was as if every head was enchanted and turned towards the door. Hye Rin stood on the top of the stairs for a moment while surveying the crowd below her. Hye Rin gave her invitation to an emcee who was beside her. "Kim Min Hee," the emcee announced her so called name loudly. There were many whispers going around. " Kim Min Hee had a daughter?" Many rumours were being passed around but Hye Rin chose to ignore them. She nodded her head towards the emcee and finally walked down the stairs. Once she reached the bottom of the stairs, she looked around. Hye Rin suddenly felt left out. Everybody was with their own clique and she was alone. However, she didn't pay any heed to it and went towards the refreshments.

"Yah, Myung Soo. You see her?" Sung Yeol pointed towards Hye Rin who was at the refreshments. However, Hye rin's back was faced towards them so Myung Soo didn't recognise her straight away. Myung Soo looked up and almost bulged his eyes out. Damn, that's one beauty. Woo Hyun nudged Myung Soo on his shoulder and said, "Hm, it seems like we have found the one. You are one lucky bastard Myung Soo. Look at her figure. Just look!" Myung Soo shooked his head and said, "That's not enough. She might just be like the idiotic girls there." Myung Soo pointed towards a huge group of girls who were fangirling over Infinite. Hoya snorted and agreed. "Why don't you try using your charms on her first? Let's see what is her reaction." Sung Gyu suggested. Everybody murmured in approval and nodded their heads. Myung Soo smirked and rubbed his hands. It's showtime.

Hye Rin who was unaware of what was happening, was just choosing her food when suddenly a man came to her side and put a blueberry croissant on her plate. Hye Rin was surprised but kept her face neutral and looked up towards the man. Hye Rin's eyes immediately widened. It was the Myung Jerk Soo! Myung Soo who was also surprised had to control himself from gasping. Hye Rin was almost unrecognisable from far however he could clearly see that it was Hye Rin. Without thinking, he quickly dragged Hye Rin into a lonely corridor and cornered her. Infinite who was watching them gasped in surprise when they saw Myung Soo dragging her. They stared at each other questioningly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Myung Soo hissed at her. Hye Rin almost flinched but she held herself. "What? Am I not allowed to come here? Its not like you were the one who held the ball." Hye Rin retorted. Myung Soo scoffed, "And what if I did? Yes, I'm in Infinite." Hye Rin gasped at covered . Myung Soo couldn't bellieve his ears. Here he was telling a girl who he was. Wow, now that's a first time. "Tell me the freaking truth before I do anything to you." Myung Soo threatened. Hye Rin sulked and pitied herself for being stuck in this situation. Hye Rin reluctantly told him about herself including about the treatment that she received from her stepfamily. Myung Soo kept quiet the whole way. Hm, she's actually not bad. Should I try her, Myung Soo thoughts read. Myung Soo suddenly pushed Hye Rin to the wall and caged her in. Hye Rin gasped and narrowed her eyes at him. Myung Soo raised his hand to her cheek but Hye Rin quickly slapped his hand away. It hurt but Myung Soo ignored it. Hye Rin pushed him away and wanted to walk away. However, Myung Soo held her wrist. Hye Rin's heart was beating very fast the whole time. However, she did a good job of covering it. She didn't even blush. "I have a deal for you. Be my fake girlfriend for nine months. I will let you live in freedom from your stepfamily and I promise to pay you really well." Myung Soo said finally. Hye Rin mentally rolled her eyes. She wriggled out of his grasp and glared at him. She looked at her hand and there was his phone number. Hye Rin glared one last time at Myung Soo and walked off. There she goes again, walking away from me.

Hye Rin didn't had any mood to continue being at the party. She walked up the stairs while Myung Soo was looking at her back. Without her realising, her ring had slipped off her finger and rolled down the stairs. Myung Soo quickly picked up the ring and looked at it. He smirked and glanced at Hye Rin and stalked off. The Infinite members were burning with questions the minute Myung Soo came back. "What the hell was that, hyung?" Sung Jong burst out. "Did you know her before? Damn, you're one lucky dude." Woo Hyun said, earning a glare from the latter. Myung Soo planned to kept everything to himself as he respected Hye Rin's privacy. She wouldn't like it if he told his friends about her, therefore lessening the chance of her being his temporary girlfriend. He just said,"She's the one. End of story." That shut up the rest of the Infinite members. Sung Gyu suddenly laughed causing the rest of them to laugh too. What's so funny? As if reading his mind, Sung Gyu said, "This is the first time Myung Soo is getting worked up over a girl. Boy, she must be super special, huh?" Myung Soo in turn glared at them but that didn't stop them from snickering. Myung Soo sighed.

Hye Rin was rushing to the gate to rush home as she wanted to get as far as possible from Myung Soo and there was only 30 mins left to 12. She suddenly bumped to a hard chest and almost fell if the man didn't grabbed her arm. Hye Rin looked up and immediately wanted to hide herself. It was freaking Ji Min! Which means that So Jin was near! Hye Rin quickly pushed Ji Min's hand away and ran. Ji Min stood dumbfounded. Was that... Hye Rin? "Hey, who was the one running away?" So Jin asked after she caught up with Ji Min. Ji Min just shooked his head. So Jin pouted and just continued walking.

Hye Rin quickly got into the limousine and drove off. The minute the limousine dropped her off, Mrs Park car rolled into the driveway. Hye Rin panicked and quickly used her bathing robe which was so thin to cover herself. Hye Rin quickly arranged everything in order and ran to get the door after the doorbell rang. Mrs Park's face was flushed and she looked so tired. Without any hesitation, she went into her room without inspecting the house. Hye Rin sighed in relief and went back to her room. She quickly washed up and was ready to go to sleep. She reminsinced about what happened that day and groaned. Throughout the whole night, she was debating on whether to accept Myung Soo's proposal or not. Well she had 2 weeks to decide as she would be getting her phone back next 2 weeks. She hoped that Myung Soo would explain everything to her as she desperately needed to get away from her current life. She is willing to do anything, let me repeat, anything to get the freedom that she deserved. Her ring that she dropped was long forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hello guys!! I'm back. In my opinion, this chapter isn't that good :(((. I'm not really good in doing this kind of setting so i really hope that you guys won't mind. And thank you for subscribing!! Please do comment and feedback on what i could improve alright. So that's all then bye!!

--palinxc, atiqxh