Second encounter

Modern Cinderella

The very next day, So Jin had to leave early as she had to go to her college. Mrs Park had a meeting to attend and won't be home the whole day. So Jin was grumbling the whole time she was getting ready and during breakfast. Apparently, she hadn't bought her dress and accessories for the ball held by the famous Infinite the day after.  Ji Min and Hye Rin would be the only one in the house. The moment Mrs Park and So Jin left the house, Hye Rin almost jumped for joy. She was surprised as both her step mother and sister rarely never comes home. She would have the day free for herself. However, she had another responsibilty to take care of. Her part-time job.

Hye Rin got ready for work. She tied her hair into a ponytail and was wearing her black Converse shoes. Suddenly, Ji Min was seen descending the stairs. Hye Rin turned her head and bowed her head towards Ji Min. Ji Min replied the same. However, when she wanted to turn back, her hair swung and got stuck on a branch of a plant beside her. Hye Rin yelped and tugged at her hair causing more pain on her scalp making her yelp louder. Ji Min turned and saw Hye Rin's state. He chuckled and walked towards her. Hye Rin saw him and said, "No, I'm fine. I can untangle it myself. There's no need for you to bother yourself." Hye Rin once again tugged on her hair making the pain intensify. She bit her lip and closed her eyes. "Yeap, I can totally see that," Ji Min smirked. He slowly untangled her hair and let it go. Hye Rin turned towards Ji Min to thank him but Ji Min's face was right infront of her. Hye Rin couldn't help but to blush at their close proximity while Ji Min's eyes widened.

Hye Rin took a step back and said thanks. Ji Min wanted to pull her back but managed to hold himself. Ji Min just nodded his head and walked away. Hye Rin blew a sigh of relieved and went to her part-time job. Once she arrived, she quickly changed into her uniform and managed the counter. While she was counting the money, she suddenly thought of the woman, Kim Min Hee. She heaved a sigh and wrinkled her eyebrows. Can my life get any dramatic? Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted when a customer came in. She looked up and widened her eyes. It was the same guy as before! Was it Mong Su or Myung yu? The guy went to the snacks section and picked out his choices. Hye Rin watched him the whole time. By the time he finished choosing his choices, Hye Rin has figured out his name. Myung Soo went to the counter with his hand full of snacks and almost dropped one of them if Hye Rin wasn't fast enough to catch it. They glanced at each other and immediately looked away. This guy is way better looking than i thought. Hye Rin thoughts read. Well this girl is not that bad as i thought. Myung Soo thought.

Suddenly, the door of the store opened and a high-pitched squeal rang. I know that squeal anywhere. A thought ran through her mind. She looked up towards the voice and her eyes almost bulged out. It was her aunt, Kim Min Hee! "How did you find me here?" Hye Rin asked ignoring Myung Soo's questioning stare. Ms Kim said," Do you think I had your number miraculously? Of course I did a background check on you dear. But I'm your aunt aren't i? You need not need to feel creeped out or anything aye?" Honestly, Hye Rin can't help but feel creeped out but she brushed it off. She looked around and suddenly panicked. There were suddenly a lot of customers, female mind you, eversince Myung Soo entered the store. This guy sure is popular. Hye Rin looked around for Kyung Soo but he was nowhere in sight. She suddenly had an idea.

Without warning, Hye Rin quickly pushed Myung Soo into the staff lounge and handed him a uniform. Myung Soo was caught off guard and protested the whole way. " Please, I really need your help. Can you help me manage the counter while I talk with my aunt for a moment? I will pay you, don't worry" Hye Rin pleaded. Myung Soo wanted to protest but Hye Rin's eyes were full of sincere that he had to go along with her. What am I doing? This is the first time I have ever give in to a girl. Myung Soo wanted to speak up but Hye Rin was already out of the door. He sighed and stepped out and walked towards the counter. The girls saw Myung Soo behind the counter and immediately rushed to "pay" their things. Myung Soo sighed heavily and thought, This is going to be a long day. 

Meanwhile, Hye Rin dragged Ms Kim out of the store and walked towards the back of the store. Hye Rin stared at her aunt and immediately felt a loving aura surrounding her aunt. Just like Dad. Without a second, she quickly hugged Ms Kim and cried. Ms Kim as if sensing the situation, hugged her back tightly around Hye Rin's shoulders. After what felt like days of crying, she finally stopped and let go of Ms Kim. "I know everything that you have been through dear and I'm extremely sorry for not being there for you sooner. Unfortunately, I can't take you in dear unless your stepmother lets you go. So for now, I can only watch you from afar and be there for you alright? I'm really sorry for your parents' death. Don't worry, I will be there for you the whole journey." Ms Kim said. Hye Rin looked at Ms Kim in surprised. Her lips quivered and she almost burst into tears yet again. However, she held it in as she thought that she had cried enough for today. Hye Rin hugged her aunt lovingly. She finally knew how it felt to be loved by someone. A feeling that she have been craving for after her parents' death and she finally had it. For the first time in a few years, Hye Rin finally smiled genuinely.

The moment Hye Rin entered the store, she cringed. There were so many girls swarming around the counter. She knew fairly well the reason behind it. Without wasting time, Hye Rin quickly rushed towards the counter and pushed Myung Soo aside and smiled at the customer. The customer's shocked face replaced with a disgusted face. "How may I help you?" Hye Rin asked the customer politely. The customer said nevermind oh so politely and walked off. Hye Rin rolled her eyes. Myung Soo saw that and scoffed. While Hye Rin was attending the other customers, Myung Soo whispered to her ear, " You're going to get it, girl". Hye Rin gulped and ignored Myung Soo. He couldn't get out as there were still many girls oogling him from outside the counter. So he had to be stucked inside that tiny counter with Hye Rin. Hye Rin would be lying if she didn't feel anything from their close proximity. However, she thought back on his jerk-like attitude and all her feelings towards him went through out of the window.

After a goddamn three hours, the store was closed. Weirdly, Kyung Soo was not seen the whole time and Hye Rin had to close the store by herself. After locking the store, Hye Rin turned her heels to go home when suddenly she heard  someone clearing his throat. Hye Rin closed her eyes and cursed herself for not walking away earlier. But either way, Myung Soo would still catch up with her with his yellow Mustang. Hye Rin turned back and grinned sheepishly. "Wipe that smile off your face before I do it myself." Myung Soo threatened. "Gentleman much." Hye Rin mumbled under her breath and rolled her eyes. "I heard that." Myung Soo said. "You are supposed to hear it you dimwit." Hye Rin snapped at him. Myung Soo ignored her and held out his hand. Hye Rin looked at Myung Soo weirdly. "My pay you and you call me a dimwit. Look at yourself." Hye Rin's face remained calm which surprised him. Hye Rin took out her wallet and gave him $10. Myung Soo gave her a look of disbelief. Hye Rin said," It was supposed to be $30 but you threatened and called me names so thats $20 off for you." Myung Soo scoffed and said, " How about you, dragging a customer into doing her work for her, didn't even say thanks, called me names?" Hye Rin rolled her eyes and replied, " At least I'm not the one who had $20 off from her pay and thanks." She muttered the last part under her breath. Myung Soo raised one of his eyebrows. He clearly heard what she said but being the jerk he is, he pretended that he didn't heard it and asked her what she said in the end. Hye Rin mentally facepalmed herself. She gave Myung Soo one last glare and walked off.

Myung Soo scoffed and couldn't believe his eyes. For the first time, a girl had walked away from him and not him. He felt angry but mostly appalled. She is one of a kind. Myung Soo went into his car and drove off. Meanwhile, Hye Rin was walking back to her house. She was still annoyed at Myung Soo. She thought back on the incident at the store and suddenly gasped. Why didn't he ask the reason I forced him to replace me? Hye Rin suddenly remembered vaguely that she felt as if sombody was watching her aunt and her but she brushed it off thinking that it was just her imagination. Now she knew that it was true. It was none other than Myung Soo as the counter had a a clear view of the back fo the store. Hye Rin sighed. How could she be so careless? She was sure that she looked horrible with her runny nose and teared eyes. Finally realizing what she was thinking, Hye Rin shooked her head vigorously and chided herself. Do you seriously care what Myung Soo thinks of you? He is just another rich brat. He's probably going to the ball. She suddenly remembered about the party. A teeny weeny part of her wanted to go to the party but thought that it was impossible. Hye Rin sighed for the thousandth time and continued walking back home.