Didn't mind at all

Modern Cinderella

Hye Rin and Myungsoo rarely see each other for a week. They were both busy with office matters. Sometimes, Myungsoo would come home later than Hye Rin but there are other times where Hye Rin would come later than Myungsoo. Hye Rin would order take out for Myungsoo if she reaches home later than him as serving him for all three meals was part of the rules.

"So, how is your life with Myungsoo?" Mrs Kim asked one day when she and Hye Rin met up at a cafe. They had a difficult time scheduling a meetup but alas they did it. As they were chatting in a cafe downtown, many girls were pointing and whispering at Hye Rin. Now that her identity is revealed as Myungsoo's girlfriend, she had become vey famous. Hye Rin was already used to it. Part and parcel of life, guys. 

" Its okay. He's been getting more investors as they trust Myungsoo more now due to his current status. Aish, the business world is so scary," Hye Rin shuddered. Mrs Kim laughed and shooked her head. 

" Well, better get use to it, young lady." Mrs Kim chided. Hye Rin smiled and shooked her head at her aunt's cheekiness. Hye Rin suddenly remembered a certain incident that happened a week ago. Hye Rin sighed and ruffled her hair. Mrs Kim raised an eyebrow and sensed that something was bothering her. 

"What is it dear? Did anything happen?" Mrs Kim with heavy concern. Hye Rin saw Mrs Kim concerned eyes and it touched her. 

" Myungsoo is acting so weird nowadays. He would do actions that would leave me hanging and restless. I hate it when he does that. Myungsoo confuses the heck out of me. I wanted to go up to him and confront him but I guess I don't have that kind of courage. What do you think I should do, Imo?" Hye Rin asked. She planted both her elbows and rested her chin on both of her palms.

Mrs Kim chuckled lightly, " Well, I've been through this too dear." Hye Rin opened in shock. " With who? How did you solve it?" Mrs Kim smiled and replied, "With my husband. He was an amateur in relationships so he didn't know what he felt towards me but in the end, he managed to realise his feelings towards me. Fortunately, it wasn't too late. Timing is everything dear. Maybe now Myungsoo won't realise his feelings towards you but he just needs a little push and he will come running to you."

Hye Rin laughed at Mrs Kim choice of words. Mrs Kim's heart relaxed after hearing her niece laugh as per normal. Well, she certainly is changing to the cheerful and bubbly Park Hye Rin I knew a long time ago. Hye Rin smiled affectionately towards Mrs Kim while she returned the smile to Hye Rin.

Hye Rin soon went back home after meeting up with Mrs Kim. She invited her aunt to come over. However, Mrs Kim said that she didn't want to disturb her moment with Myungsoo. Hye Rin shooked her head and chuckled lightly at her aunt's words. Hye Rin entered the passcode for their apartment and almost tripped over her own legs. Myungsoo had arrived home early and was watching the television.  Hye Rin quietly tiptoed towards her room. 

"Oh, you're home," Myungsoo said after he spotted Hye Rin sneaking around. He knew well that Hye Rin was avoiding him. Myungsoo quietly sighed. 

Hye Rin silently groaned. Somebody just kill me now. Hye Rin straightened her back and turned around. She flashed Myungsoo a forced smile and walked down the stairs. " You came back early today. Did anything happen?" Hye Rin asked.

"No, nothing happened. There wasn't much work to do so I came back home instead," Myungsoo answered. Hye Rin nodded her head and put her bag on the table. She trudged towards the kitchen and saw ramyun that was being cooked. Hye Rin suddenly gasped and realised that she didn't made Myungsoo lunch. Aish, Hye Rin groaned mentally and knocked her head. She quickly changed to a more comfortable outfit and started making lunch. Not long after, Myungsoo entered the kitchen. He wanted to checked on his ramyun but he saw Hye Rin rushing around, cooking. Myungsoo raised one of his eyebrows. 

"What are you doing? And where's my ramyun?" Myungsoo asked and leaned on the counter beside Hye Rin. Hye Rin looked up, surprised. 

"Omo! Yah, don't scare me! I'm making lunch. I don't want to be kicked out just because I missed a meal. Anyway, you would probably feel alone anyway if I leave so why take the risk?" Hye Rin answered him, grinning.

" No way! In fact, it will be the opposite. Once I kick you out, I bet you would be begging to let me take you in again.Who wouldn't miss this godly handsome face, huh?" Myungsoo pointed a finger at his face and smirked. Hye Rin immediately stopped doing whatever she was doing and stared at Myungsoo. Myungsoo began to grow uncomfortable under her stare.

" Yah, why are you staring me? Take a picture. It will last long," Myungsoo said to fill in the silence.

Hye Rin scoffed and said, " Nah, I was just listing out your flaws."

Myungsoo gasped and was about to reply to her with a witty reply when suddenly a pop could be heard and sizzlings were . Both Hye Rin and Myungsoo jumped in surprise. The fish that Hye Rin was frying was burnt and was already inedible. Both of them looked at each other and bursted out laughing. Hye Rin's heart was filled with happiness. She couldn't grasp the feeling that she had when she saw Myungsoo's eyes crinkled in happiness when he was laughing. Hye Rin felt her smile widen at that sight. Unknowingly, her heart beated faster when Myungsoo faced her. I think I'm falling in love. And Hye Rin didn't mind at all.

A few hours later they were sitting in the living room watching the television while eating Burger King. They had to order a takeout as thier lunch was burnt. Hye Rin initially wanted to order Wendy's as it was more healthier and cheaper. However, Myungsoo detested and was very persistent to have Burger King. They argued and Hye Rin finally gave in as her stomach was already growling. "Don't think that I'm going to let you off easily, Kim Myungsoo. If I gain any extra weight, you will pay for it," Hye Rin said threateningly. Myungsoo merely rolled his eyes as his mouth were full.

They were watching a show that featured most of the idols and from the corner of her eyes, Hye Rin could see Myungsoo oogling at the female idols. Hye Rin frowned at the sight and sighed. Myungsoo heard her sigh and smirked, " Are you jealous that I'm paying more attention to them?" Myungsoo cocked his head towards the television. Hye Rin raised her eyebrows questioningly and shooked her head, " Nope, I was just thinkking that it was supposed to be the opposite. Well, that just shows how my life was before this."

Myungsoo stared at her and had the urge to comfort her. He hesitantly put his hand on her shoulder and patted. Hye Rin looked up and gave him a small smile. However, the moment was interrupted when the doorbell rang. Myungsoo mentally groaned and dragged himself to answer the door.  Myungsoo pressed the video intercom and his eyes suddenly widened. He shouted for Hye Rin and she immediately rushed over. Hye Rin gasped and began to panic. Her whole stepfamily was at the doorstep! 

"What are we going to do?" Hye Rin asked as she clung onto Myungsoo's arm. Myungsoo was also panicking. He absentmidedly ran his hand through his hair. He looked around and suddenly saw their takeout sprawled onto the coffetable. He quickly dragged Hye Rin and both of them were rushing to clean up the mess. They were shouting out orders at each other and was running from the kitchen to the living room back and forth. By the time they were done, Mrs Park was getting impatient and started to ring the doorbell continously.

"Gees, calm down old woman," Myungsoo grumbled. Hye Rin giggled lightly and opened the door after patting her hair down. Mrs Park had her arms crossed while Sojin looked enrgetic as ever. She brightened even more when she saw Myungsoo. Hye Rin mentally rolled her eyes. Wait was she jealous? She looked around and saw Jimin looking at her and flashed her a small smile. Hye Rin smiled back. She knew of the forbidden feelings that Jimin had for her. She wasn't dumb. Honestly, she felt disgusted but tried to push it down as he had helped her countless of times. Hye Rin held Myungsoo's arm and invited them to their house. Mrs Park and went in and surveyed the whole house, nodding once in a while. Sojin winked flirtatiously at Myungsoo and went in. Hye Rin unconsciously sighed. 

Myungsoo smirked, " Don't worry, she's not my type. I've only got my eyes on you."

Hye Rin heart unknowingly leapt but she didn't show it and instead smacked his arm. Myungsoo laughed heartily. Jimin saw their exchange and his heart immediately pummeled down. He wasn't able to control his facial emotion until Hye Rin looked at him. She saw his face and immediately felt bad. She cleared and invited him to come in once again. Jimin ignored her and went inside. Hye Rin shrugged and closed the door.

Soon, they were all seated down. Hye Rin had served them drinks and was seating beside Myungsoo across her step family. They were seating so close that their knees were touching each other. Hye Rin inwardly blushed. 

"So what brings my future mother-in-law here?" Myungsoo cheekily asked. Hye Rin almost choked on her spit. Both Sojin and Jimin eyes widened uncontrollably. They remind me of Kyungsoo. Hye Rin smiled softly at the thought of Kyungsoo and vowed to visit him again. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when Mrs Park cleared . She smiled but anyone could see that it wasn't sincere.

"Well, I wanted to check on my stepdaughter. Oh, and to thank you for enrolling Jimin into the most prestigious college," Mrs Park said. Hye Rin mentally scoffed. As if anybody will believe that. Myungsoo too had the same thought and he coughed. 

"It was my pleasure to help my girlfriend's family whenever they are in need of help or some sort," Myungsoo replied clamly. Mrs Park frowned at his reply. It was as if he was implying that her family was incapable and weak and she did not like that one bit. Mrs Park nodded her head and stood up, " Now that I've seen Hye Rin is fine and about, we shall make our move then." Myungsoo and Hye Rin simultaneously let out a relieved sigh and stood up too. 

" Alright, mother. Here, I'll you to the door," Hye Rin offered. Her whole stepfamily made their way to the door and exited the house. Sojin was displeased that she couldn't spend more time with Myungsoo while the same goes for Jimin to Hye Rin. The minute the stepped out of the house, Hye Rin said, "Well that was unnecessary." 

Myungsoo scoffed," Totally."

Hye Rin cocked her head to side figuring out the reason behind her stepmother's visit. Suddenly, an idea came up. She laughed incrediously at her idea. Hye Rin clutched her stomach as she bent her body forward to contain her laughter. Myungsoo looked at her questioningly, partly scared as she started laughing out of nowhere.

" O-oh my god, w-hat if the reason why m-my stepmother came today w-as to.............. see you?! I think she likes you!" Hye Rin exclaimed, taking deep breaths to calm down her laughter. Hye Rin looked up to look at Myungsoo and laughed out loud once again. Myungsoo's face was one of a wonder. His face was contorted in disgust, panic and confusion if it was possible. Hye Rin stumbled towards him and patted his shoulder, " Good luck man. She's a lovekiller." 

Myungsoo's eyes widened and he screamed, " Ewwwww, never in the million years am I marrying that old hag! Even if we were the only two left in the world, no way in hell am I choosing that woman!!" 

He shuddered at the thought of him and the oh-so-horrible Mrs Park together. Hye Rin chuckled heartedly once again, listening to his outburst. Myungsoo looked at her and his heart suddenly missed a beat as Hye Rin's hair cascaded down her face beautifully while she was bending down to control her laughter. Oh, and her laughter was like music to his ears. He could listen to it everyday without getting tired of it. He knew by then that he had fallen in love. And Myungsoo didn't mind at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Please subscribe and comment! And mind upvoting as well? Thanks!!

-atiqxh, palinxc