• 60 Days • • Part II

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We need to have her here for only two days, then you can take her home.” The doctor in front of me said as I rested my head on the wall feeling exhausted. Kai was constantly nodding, implying that he is actually listening to the doctor. I wasn’t able to focus on what the doctor was saying, mostly because I didn’t care about what he said after “She’s okay.”

I saw the creases on Kai’s forehead, the ones that appear whenever he’s focused on something. They were adorable. I watched his face from afar, having the chance to examine him for as long as I wanted after a long, long time.

I think I wouldn’t make it there if he weren't with me. He helped me, comforted me, supported me, and assured me that everything was alright.

I knew I had to hate him, for leaving me and breaking my heart. But it isn’t as easy as it sounds. The more I see him every day, the harder it is for me to keep hating him. He was what I needed. I was alone, all alone. I had a piece of my heart reserved for him, and that part, I couldn’t fill it with anything else but him.

My love was more dominant than my hate.

I didn’t know what he was going to tell me to explain the past, but I didn’t care anymore.

If he still wants me back, then I’ll go running to him.

Because I wouldn’t have it any other way.

He turned to face me then, apparently his little talk with the doctor was over, and he had his full attention back on me.

“What?” he asked quietly as he came closer.

“When are we going to talk?” I asked.

His eyes went wide, and he looked shocked.

“You actually- seriously want to talk to me? Like for real?”

“Thank you.” I said, not answering his question, completely ignoring it actually.

“Y-you’re welcome.” He said with a puzzled look on his face.

“It’s been a while since you last shouted at me – not that I’m complaining but, are you okay?” he said, with a worried look on his face.

I chuckled, looking down so he wouldn’t see my amused face.

“I want to talk,” I murmured,  looking at his face.

He sighed.

“You think you are ready for this? Because what I’m about to tell is quite long, I feel like you are too tired to listen now.”

“No, I want to learn,” I said.

“Okay then.” He said, before making his way out of the hospital with me following him behind.

He sat on a bank in front of the hospital; it was positioned at a quiet corner of the hospital thankfully.

The air was chilly, but it made me feel alive, so I liked it.

I sat next to him.

He had waited for about thirty seconds before he started speaking.

“I’m starting from the very beginning of my life, so you need to be patient to reach the part that tells our story.”

I nodded quickly; he kept talking.

“I was born is Seoul, South Korea, to a Japanese dad and a Korean mother. My dad was an Electrical Engineer who moved to Korea for business and then married my mom in Korea. Because of my ethnicity, I have two names one Korean, one Japanese, which firstly explains my first two names. 

When I was four, my dad passed away. It was a huge shock for the whole family, which only consisted of my mom, my brother and I back then.  

Mom got married the year after, which was, again unexpected, but later we learnt that he was her high school love. Even though mom always loved my biological dad, I guess a part of her loved him as well because he seemed to make her very happy and made her come back to life which I’m really thankful for. He was a pretty cool step-dad; we never had problems with him, as in my brother and I. In less than a year, mom got pregnant to Yuta.

You know his ..thing I mean that affected  mom pretty badly, she had all these psychological problems for a year after he was born, I remember her constantly crying at night, with my step dad comforting him for hours, I remember being up until late at night just because I couldn’t sleep hearing my mom cry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter