•56 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's see what we have here." he said with an ominous tone as he stopped running and fashionably leaned on the wall behind him.
After our five minute chasing session ended and we took a halt at this particular science studies hall, my heavy gaze on him and flustered face along with his teasing smirks that  caught the students’ attention as some started observing us.

It’s been three weeks since the day at the hospital. We were doing well. A lot more comfortable now, like the old days, if not better.


"You wouldn't dare." I said trying to look intimidating but the quick large gulps of air I took in due to my breathlessness didn't quite help with the plan.


He slowly and painfully, at least for me, turned the first page of my sketchbook to reveal my first drawing of a teddy bear.


Thankfully.


But I knew, I knew that if he kept turning pages, he would come across a couple (okay maybe more) drawings of mine that would make me carve my very own cage to live inside for the rest of my life, drowning in embarrassment if he saw. 


I felt my cheeks burn. I was helpless.


I covered my face with my palms; I was frustrated. 


It wasn't just that I was scared of him seeing my drawings of him, I hated that he tried to invade my privacy. This was one thing I couldn't stand, and in addition to that, I had no control over the situation which made my anger double up.


I was tired of chasing him around the school, and the attention we got even if people didn't understand what we said, due to us speaking Japanese when we're together, which in fact raised even more attention. I knew I couldn’t stand this anymore so I decided to vocalize my thoughts regarding his actions in the clearest and the most humanly way possible.


"Fuçk you." 


I turned and walked back to the school yard, I wanted to stomp out of the building like a child but I suppressed the want and went out to find a place to sit alone.

He apparently was coming after me, and I obviously was slower than him.

But I wasn’t to give up.

I held my ponytail to prevent it from hitting my face and started running faster.

As always, I was best at running away from my problems that made them feel non-existent with the fast-paced heartbeats and adrenaline pumping.

I managed to reach the other end of the yard which was near impossible, so I thought that maybe he stopped chasing me, because like I said, he should have caught me until.

I turned back looking for his running figure, to be met with nothing but the distant noises of the students.

Of course he was to sit down somewhere to look through my sketches, logically that was better than my stupid chasing game.

Have it your way Kai, have it your way. I mumbled to myself shaking my head from side to side in disappointment and turning to my back to head back to the building.

And crash into a rock hard chest, stumbling back.

I look up to send the person in front of me a grimace but then I hear his voice.

“Not so fast.” I said, breathless.

I looked up to see his face and he was smiling sweetly at me.

I was still angry with him for taking my sketchbook away from me, but I wasn’t the type to beat around the bush and keep grudges against to people to later burst, so I looked up at him and asked him confidently, covering up the hurt in my voice the best I can.

 “Why did you take it without my permission?” I asked looking at him with a disappointed look.

He opened his mouth to answer me but then closed it back and answered after a second of looking

“I’m sorry okay? I didn’t know it would hurt you. It was supposed to be just a joke.” He said with an uneasy look on his face.

I was planning on sticking with a raised brow after his explanation, but I couldn’t get myself to so I remained silent.

I knew he wasn’t good with apologies, not because of his ego; he probably didn’t even have one. He was so used to be in supreme pain that usually he couldn’t wrap his head around the idea that people could be hurt by little things like this.

It was nothing for him, merely because he witnessed the worst.

“I’m sorry Lia.” He said poking me on the side.

“Did you look at my drawings?” I asked, forgetting why I was hurt in the first place.

“I swear I didn’t II just saw the teddy bear,, replies” He said his eyes wide, shaking both of his hands at me.

I chuckled “Okay then.”

“So that’s it?” he asked a little dazed. “You’re not shouting at me, hitting, leaving?”

I chuckled.

But then suddenly the mood turned serious due to what I was to confess next.

“I finally get the thing about you Kai. You never mean bad. I just recently realized it.” I smile at him and keep going.

“When you left me dumbfounded and alone in Japan, or when you met Miku instead of me that day, or when you stole my sketchbook, I know you didn’t mean to hurt me.  I get your intentions now. I used to not understand you, the way you act and it frustrated me. But I see more of you, and with that more pieces of the puzzle clicks, so no.” 

He pulled me in to a sudden hug, held me tight in his arms inhaled my scent and smiled into my hair.

“Thanks.” I heard him mutter.

I did; replies weren’t our thing anyway. I just buried my head deep into his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

We stood like that for a while, can’t tell how long but that moment I heard the calm thuds of his heart and his hand my hair, I felt in peace again.

After a long time.

“He broke the hug, and we just looked at each other and softly grinned.

Dazed.

I felt his right hand gently touch my pinky like it always did before we held hands.

It was his sign ‘I wanna hold your hand, but I don’t know how you will react.'

At first, it was real, but now it was a habit.

My hand felt his natural touch and embraced it.

And we just walked around for a while.

----- ------- ----

“Here.” He said pulling something out of his backpack when we got back to class.

“Oh, thanks,” I said, taking my sketchbook from his hand. 

He softly smiled at me, and I opened my mouth to talk but then the bell rang, and I had to sit down.

Somehow, the class ended quicker than ever and with the bell, I looked back at Kai to see him sitting at the very back of the class, on his seat.

He smiled at me, stood up and walked to me, as I watched him come still sitting.

“I’ll be back before the next lesson okay?” he said with an assuring smile, touching my hand.

“Okay, I’m studying anyways,” I said smiling back.

As soon as he left the class I knew this was my chance. I walked to his seat and zipped his backpack, putting what I had in my hand in his bag and zipping it back again, turning to my seat.

I smiled to myself and turned back to my textbook to study.

                                                        --- ---- ---

“So what are you going to do?” he asked me out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter