•61 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s still too early why don’t you go back to where you were?” mom said holding her hot cup of coffee in her hands looking at me with judging eyes under her glasses. 

I puffed my cheeks out of frustration. I knew I had to listen to her lectures nodding my head; I prepared myself for that on my way back home. But what I came across was totally unexpected; She didn’t even look my way. When I first opened the door and stepped in she sent me an angry look but then tried to hide it and put an I-don’t-care-if you-are-late look on her face. It was odd, seriously odd, but since I was already sick and tired of living that moment I just acted like I didn’t notice and went upstairs.

 I the lights of my room and stepped in as I threw my bag to the other side of the room carelessly. I plopped on my bed and loosened my school tie. I hummed an old pop song, the kind that replays in your brain over and over again once you remember it, suffocating you.

 Great, now I have even a song to deal with.  

After I changed into my SpongeBob pajamas and debated on whether I should study or not, I went downstairs to make myself some green tea.

I sat on the cold counter sipping my tea, still humming that stupid song.

I spit my first sip as I remembered what I told Kai:

“Tomorrow, after school after I visit your brother.”

“Dammit,” I  said putting my cup back to the counter starting to roam around the room.

What am I supposed to do? How am I going to face him? God, I’m so desperate for answers, but I don’t know how to approach him.

Instead of looking for a way to avoid him tomorrow, I decided it was the best to go sleep and went upstairs with my tea in my hands.

 

                                   *

                            

You can do this Lia, You can, it’s him who is going to do the talking you are just going to listen, and you don’t need to react. Wait… what if he’s right? What if he has a reasonable excuse for leaving? God, no you can’t just have a reasonable excuse for leaving a girl waiting for you for a whole damn week without even contacting, right? Just stop thinking about this and focus on the teacher, yes back to the lesson, you have an exam in 60 days. ,  I just have 60 days left…

And when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while

  STOP IT I CAN’T SING RIGHT NOW BRUNO GO BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG

 

The bell rang, I put my books into my bag and quickly got up.  I straigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter