• 69 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was not expecting him to follow me, I knew that he wouldn’t. So I kept on walking. I quickened my pace and approached the bus stop.

 I was not sad. Not at all. I was disappointed and angry. Angry to myself. Angry, because I knew that this comeback was going to effect me in the worst way possible. I sat on an empty stop at the bus stop and I started thinking of literally everything that we had, we lived, we felt, experienced. As I recalled them for the 42352nd time, another feeling came into the frame: embarrassment. I was sure, as sure as I was of my name, that he saw me as just a summer fun. A distraction. One inexperienced girl, willing to give her heart to her summer love.

 

So I did what I always do, Try to distract myself and stop my inner voice that is eating me up by shutting my eyes and mumbling to myself: “Stop Lia, Stop it! Forget don’t think about it, just don’t” not really caring about what people around me will think, I did It until my bus came.

                                                         ***

 

Right at the moment, I stepped into my room, I threw myself on the bed. I closed my eyes and took my iPod out of my school skirts pocket; I plugged the earbuds in and played some loud music to draw my brain's attention from Kai.

 

I felt my phone sliding down my hand. "Hello, hello? Lia look I'm so sorry there were not many doctors could do." My brain stopped functioning. This, this couldn’t be happening. Not me. Definitely not me. I  should be a drama or something. I, I… No, I always had a perfect life, perfect family. I had the best dad in the whole world. He was supportive, kind, understanding everything that I could ever ask for in a dad. My superhero. He can’t just leave me like this. This movie hasn’t come to an end yet. Not yet, dad, you can’t leave this early.

“Lia? Lia? Lia look at me what’s wrong? Who called you? Lia tell me! Is there something bad? Lia!" I looked at the guy in front of me with an emotionless face. I felt like falling down that moment, Falling down from a cliff, Not feeling anything, like nothing could ever affect me there, right at that moment. 

“Lia you are scaring me, look at me.” His voice was echoing in my brain like it was not real like I was watching a scene from an old movie. I was trying to put an expression on my face, but it was seriously hard to find one. I had never felt that empty in my life. Everything that ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter