• 37 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey,” he said as he stood up from the seat he was seated on.

I took a quick overall look at him before giving him a reply.

He had a basic striped long sleeved shirt on, that showed his lean shoulders and perfect body. Clad in navy khaki’s he had his hands tucked inside his front pockets casually, hinting that he wasn’t in for a hug, not even a handshake.

It would be awkward if I attempted to give him a handshake, wouldn’t it?

God, what are you talking about Lia, you aren’t here to discuss the details of your divorce papers with a thirty-year-old man, it’s just Kai.

Yeah, just Kai.

God, that makes it even harder.

“Hey,” I said back rocking back and forth on my heels, not exactly knowing what to do next.

“..H-Hey,” he said again, looking down unsure as he combed through his bangs with his fingers.

I looked at him.

He looked back at me.

Talk about awkward.

“So…” I said awkwardly standing there “I’m going to sit down now.”

He shook his head from side to side, later to cover is eyes with his now longer bangs out of embarrassment.

“S-Sure,” he said and huffed at himself as he copied my actions and sat on the seat opposite of me.

I fought a chuckle back in, he didn’t need to do anything, the normal Kai was always adorable.

I adjusted the coat on me as I looked down and waited him to start speaking.

It wasn’t long before he surprised me with his confident tone.

“Look, Lia, I don’t intend to make this long and over dramatic.” He leaned closer and planted his elbow on the table looking at me.

“I know I snapped at you out of nowhere yesterday, but you do know what the problem is here.” He looked at me expectantly.

I groaned and lowered myself on the seat.

 He was right, I knew what the problem was, heck I was the reason behind the problem. But I had my reasons to. I just had too much on my plate to bear with every problem that came my way.

It wasn’t only that  I was scared he would think I was a psycho for going to therapies, I knew that once I opened my mouth and let him into this problem, he wouldn’t stop interfering . The moment he learned about the sessions, I knew he wouldn’t stop. ‘Why didn’t you tell me’s’ ‘tell me why do you go there’ ‘what’s the problem’ ‘Is it your mom’ the more I tell, the more he would ask until he was at the center of the problem. It would not only suffocate him, also change his perspective on me. Everything about me right now was wrong, it was wrong from the very beginning, but just recently, just recently I started to show them a little. And that was my biggest mistake to begin with.

“There is absolutely no problem I can see.” I heard coming out of my mouth before I could rethink the blunt appearance of my insistent and stubborn inner self.

He planted his other elbow on the table and leaned dangerously close, looking at me with anger, weariness and a tiny little spec of pain.

“There has to be a problem if I’m angrily looking at you instead of hugging you.” I didn’t give him a reply as he kept looking at me, the same way.

“I can’t believe you, Lia.” He shook his head.

No, I couldn’t believe him. There was absolutely no reason for him to push me this much, he made the problem this big.

I suddenly stood up. It was enough.

“Look I am aware that I should be telling you when you are t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter