• 24 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?”

I looked at his face blankly, my resting face (which he thinks looks very intimidating) on point again, wrecking my brain to find something I caught from what he just said to me, but I couldn’t as I didn’t even pay attention to what he said a minute ago.

“I said the game, are you going?” he rolled his eyes. What a great bond we had between.

We were sitting on the bleachers, the last class of us both was P.E, and we both got permission with a show of awful acting on how sick we were to the nurse, and since she liked both of us, even shipped us maybe (gross), she let us get the golden permission. How I love that woman.

I looked up from my phone; I was checking my weekly schedule after my therapist rearranged this week’s sessions, as her cousin was getting married or something like that. Not that I cared.

 “What game?”

“Basketball, genius” he stated, rolling his eyes again. That was becoming a habit to him, he used it too much now, all thanks to me.

“Oh” I remembered the game. But…

“Nope, can’t, sorry” I said looking down. I would like to do something with Myung-soo outside of the school hours, but the stupid game had to be on Thursday.

“Nah, it’s okay, but don’t forget, you can still change your mind later, until tomorrow. Ring me if you’ll come”

“Sure will.” I nodded eagerly, smiling at him.

He examined my face and gave me a warm smile, I smiled back. Who could have thought that annoying smirk face could be this understanding, and a good friend? I was impressed.

He sure had his swings, quite a lot. One time he was the kindest and the best friend ever, yet sometimes it was as if his main goal in life was to annoy me. I still couldn’t understand him, but it was cool, I was probably more mysterious to him than he could ever be to me. He was always the one to talk first, act first, and make plans first. In our limited days of friendship, he walked me to home every day, got me apple juice on every meal even when I didn’t ask him to. Changed our route when he saw Kai and always initiated every fun action in the last weeks of my life.

So far so good.

He kept looking at me smiling and I kept smiling at him because it would be awkward and socially unacceptable to stand expressionless when he was smiling.

“Myung-soo” I said to him.

“eh?”

“You’re being creepy”

With that he realized how he has been staring at my face for the longest time and he got embarrassed.

“oh.. Ahm.. sorry”

“Nah, got used to it, no worries “ I  jokingly said, making him roll his eyes once again.

“I’m leaving now, see you tomorrow creep” I said smirking and got on my feet.

He didn’t say anything, and I thought that he was still embarrassed, with, truth to be told, delighted me knowing how he annoyed the shoot out of me every single day.

I my heels, any moved along the bleachers to reach the grass.

Yet, in this cold winter day when it was freezing and I have been sitting outside for the past thirty- eight minutes I was unaware of what was about to be dumped on me.

A bottle of cold, ice cold water, over my head.

And the next thing that f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter