• 35 Days • • Part II

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White.

White, I thought, as my eyes adjusted to the bright sun coming over my face from the window behind me, I examined the room with my half open eyes.

White cupboards, white curtains, white walls, white all around me.

I tried to straighten up and sit on the bed I was laying on, but as soon as I moved my head up, a striking pain shot up my head.

So I am stuck with this horse vision now.

Great.

I had absolutely no idea where I was, why my brain was banging on my skull, nor did I know how I came here.

I heard noises from outside the room, which I believed was an infirmary, judging from the sight of the small room, white sheets, and the pills sitting next to me.

The last thing I remembered was the sound of a guy, and someone holding me.

I hyperventilated at the thought of someone saving me as I prayed for that person to be Kai, and later, just because he was super scared of losing me and all that cheesy , he would forgive me and we would live happily ever after.

I heard shuffling from the side, where my head seemed to not want to turn to, but regardless of how much it hurt, I bit my lip and turned to the side.

There stood the school nurse, putting something inside the cupboards, tidying the small room.

I made a noise to indicate that I was alive, and it came out as a croak ‘hey’ that I couldn’t affiliate with the sound of my usual tone.

She turned around and with seeing me, gave me a bright motherly smile that made her chubby white cheeks tug upwards.

You know those people that give off this beautiful energizing vibe to people around them, even with just a look.

She was without a doubt, one of those people.

I gave her a kind smile as she came close.

“Are you feeling good honey?” she asked smiling, reaching over to the glass of water next to her and giving it to me.

I drank all the water at once and handed her the glass back with a thank you.

 “You should rest when you head home sweetie, you are excused for today. I know school can be exhausting sometimes, especially for seniors like you.”  She gave me an understanding smile.

“Thanks,” I said slowly.

 “Do you know who brought me here?”

A mischievous smile spread to her face this time.

“Ohh.. I know honey” I blushed under her knowing gaze.

“Do you know his name, by any chance?”  I asked looking down, she was teasing me to death.

“I know every one of you, Lia.” She said back.

“Well he’ll be here soon, he said he’ll be back when he went to the canteen.”

“Okay,” I said playing with the tips of my hair.

She patted my head and went out of the room.

I heard her chuckle as she closed the door after her.

I needed to fix my hair. I sure looked dead with my crumbled uniform and crazy hair, and no, he couldn’t see me like this. My body was still sore, I didn’t know why; I was just restless, wasn’t I? Maybe sleep after such long time was the cause of it.

I stood up aiming the mirror right next to the door.

Quickly pulling my hair up into a ponytail with the hair band that was thankfully still on my wrist, I smoothed the stubborn strands of hair and made my hair look, passable.

Just as I was straightening my school skirt, the door opened.

I turned my head with a hopeful look on my face to see him.

He looked back at me with packets of food in his hands.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter