• 38 Days

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, no look at the screen, this is my favorite part!” he nudged me from the side.

We were at his house, having a movie marathon on a Sunday night. His family was out on a dinner with some family friends that apparently weren’t aware of Kai’s existence on this planet, which made me hold the tiniest grudge against his mom when I heard it, so he didn’t go and instead invited me over to his house.

As I looked at his face, my brain jumped from topic to topic, trying to solve all the questions and problems I had in mind.

He looked excitedly at the screen, his eyes reflecting whatever he was watching so passionately. I saw the smile lines on both sides of his cheek and stopped myself from suddenly making an awkward moment by touching them.

“Lia?”

“Huh?” I said, shaking my head and looking to his eyes, coming out of my thought bubble.

“You’re zoning out again” he said, playing with the ends of my hair.

“I am?” I asked oblivious of how it even happened.

“You seem to a lot lately, what’s going on in that smart head of yours?” he pulled me closer to himself, so instead of half sitting on him I was now fully sitting on his lap.

“Nothing important” I said looking down, playing with the cuticles of my thumbnail.

He raised an eyebrow,

“I have this feeling that there’s something wrong that you are not telling me” He said, his mood turning slightly serious as he looked at my eyes.

I had made my mind before to never tell him anything so I said what must’ve been said.

“Don’t be ridiculous Kai, I’m not hiding anything, besides there is absolutely nothing wrong.” I assured him, feeling guilty for lying to him on many aspects.

He straightened his posture, I saw him tense up.

“You do hide things from me Lia, like where you go every Tuesday and Thursday.”

I groaned. “Not again, Kai please”

He turned completely at me and held my chin in his hands. This time, a little more forcefully than normal.

“If it’s ‘nothing important’ like you say it is, why don’t you just tell me?” he looked at my eyes, searching for an answer, his puppy eyes full of worry and pain.

I escaped from his hold and looked back at his eyes, challenging.

“I don’t want to Kai.” “Can’t we just change this subject it unnerves me.” I looked at him, pleadingly.

“Fine, have it your way” he said as he shook his head, his lips in a tight frown.

He paused the movie and stood up, not looking at my face for a second, leaving me cold without his presence. I extended my hand to reach him and get a hold of his shirt, but he was away from the sofa I sat on already. I hugged the pillow beside me, not knowing what to do next.

“Where are you going Kai?”

He didn’t answer.

“Kai?”

I watched him climb the stairs one by one, pushing his bangs back every once in a while.

“Kai?” I said again, this time my voice was lower, less powerful and tired.

I could follow him to his room, make him sit down and tell him every problem I had, why I went to therapy every Tuesday and Thursday, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter