•62 Days • • Part II

70 DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On my way back home, I was walking down the street leading me to our neighborhood. It was my thirteenth year living here, I grew up there, learned cycling on that park across me, fell down from the stairs leading to the park and broke my arm for the first time, met my first best friend and cried after her when she left the country. I had memories, lots of them related to this neighborhood. As I looked around, I realized that when I turn back and remember them, whatever that memory is about, a smile crept on my face because they are a part of me, as cliché as it sounds, they are what makes me the person I am today. So, I closed my eyes on my way, I felt the wind brushing my hair sweeping it away from my face. I felt the chilliness of the fall night and relaxed. I took a deep breath and smiled to myself as I exhaled the air in my lungs. With the smile on my face, I tried to convince my inner self that everything was going to be okay and I should focus on the beauties of living. It would be wrong to say that my life , it was just my negativeness being dominant all the time. I opened my eyes and decided to count the good aspects of my life, this was a suggestion of Ms.Young and it was my first time considering one of her suggestions, the sudden changes in me scared me bit, especially the fact that a new appearance in my life caused them.

"Okay, ahmm.. so I live in a beautiful house, It even has a huge backyard,  I have a loving mom, I'm not a bad person, I usually try to be nice and kind to people around me, I have good grades and... hmm good looks... maybe?" To be honest, I never considered myself as ugly, I was not gorgeous and I always thought that I was average. I had long dark brown hair that goes down to my waist, slightly tanned golden skin clear from any sort of acne, I had huge light brown eyes that people usually admired, but I always found them a bit creepy. I was tall; I was a lot taller than the average which I saw as a plus despite the kawaii population around me. I was not the typical beauty nor I fit the beauty standards of my country, but I was not even a big fan of their standards.

I was walking slowly, deciding to stop this game that made me feel worse due to not finding anything else good about me. I was looking at my foot. As I kept walking, I suddenly heard strange noises; with a look of confusion on my face, I raised my head to see the source of the voice.

It was odd, very odd because if my ears were not wrong that sound was coming from that abandoned house that I never saw a single creature coming out from, for the past 13 years of my life. The sound didn't stop and I held the straps of my backpack tightly out of anxiety. I started looking around me. To right then to left then to right again, to see a human passing by that can hear me scream 'help' in a case of the sudden appearance of an ax murderer.

With the sound of the wind, I realized that I was all alone there. I narrowed my eyes and with all the bravery in my body I opened the gates of the house and approached the stairs leading to the house's door. I took slow and quiet steps and climbed up the four stairs in front of me. I then, slowly pressed my head to the door, eavesdropping. I again narrowed my eyes and tried to take in any kind of sound coming from the house, but I got surprised as I realized that the voice was not coming from the house. I slowly pulled my body away from the door and went down the stairs to reach the grass. I decided to tour around the house to find the source of the creepy sound. I found it the moment I stepped into the backyard. 

There was a guy sitting on a bank alone, his head in between his hands, sobbing and making weird sounds that scared the hell out of me minutes ago.

He was probably around 13, he was a little overweight and shorter than the average. Curiosity took over me and I suddenly felt bad for the guy crying in front of me, oblivious to my presence that I saw for the first time in my life. But he was crying with so much emotion, pain that I couldn't stop myself from sitting next to him. With that, he slowly lifted his head up to see the person who sat next to him in the middle of the night, in a long forgotten backyard. I saw a pair of vulnerable eyes, bloodshot from all the crying.

A sad smile crept over my face -which didn't fit the situation exactly- as I looked closely at him.

Then I realized that I sat next to an adorable, adorable down syndromed  kid looking at me. 

I instantly understood it when I looked at his facial structure, especially his eyes. He had short black hair and thick glasses blurry from crying.  I wanted to hug him, hug him tight to help him get over whatever happened to him, but I didn't, to not scare this guy next to me any further. I wanted to do something, dry his tears, and comfort him. I slowly lifted my hand and placed it on his shoulder. He froze and stopped sobbing as he felt my hand. But, to my luck, he didn't back away but started staring at me curiously.

I didn’t know what to say and kept on looking at him blankly.

“Who are you?”

I was stunned by that sudden question so I just stared at him with possibly a huge question mark on top of my head bouncing.

After what seemed to be an hour (In reality just 10 seco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter