Chapter 23

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri couldn't be bothered to make an effort to look as if she was listening a word to anything the younger was saying; well... she was trying her best to look interested because the latter has always been close to the members. What she couldn't grasp was the fact that Yoona had stormed off after exchanging a few greetings with the youngest; it was surprising and a little scary too. Yoona had obviously planned on saying something which was important to both of them when they were interrupted and it was just as heart-wrenching for Yuri, because she had been unconsciously waiting for what Yoona was going to say then.

Honestly, Yuri was kind of thankful that next week's episode was cancelled because she wanted to talk things out with Yoona too.

“Unnie?”

“Sorry, Soojung,” Yuri flashed the younger a weak smile, her head resting against her palm. She really couldn’t focus on anything other than where Yoona could be right now. “I’m just worried for Yoona. She didn’t tell me what time she was coming back.”

Awkwardness was written all over Krystal’s face when she heard Yuri’s honest reply; she knew there had to be a reason why Yoona left so quickly after she appeared – it was unexpected that Yuri was this panicky over that. Krystal never wanted to barge between the two of them like that but she just happened to pass by the area with her friends where she found the pair at. She couldn’t hold back from calling out to them, especially when her heartbeat increased crazily when she saw Yuri. Even right now as she was sitting in front of the black pearl like this, Yuri was still the cause of Krystal’s erratic heartbeat and she probably had no clue about it.

Yuri flinched when she saw the flash of lightening through the translucent curtains and a part of her was afraid for Yoona; the doe-eyed woman was still not back yet.

“Um, Soojung,” Yuri tried to excuse herself awkwardly; she really felt terrible for this. “I think I have to look for Yoona.”

And the door opened.

“It’s fine.”

Yuri felt her heart ache when she saw Yoona’s hair dripping wet, her clothes drenched and her face slightly paler than normal. She hated the sight of Yoona being wet and looking sickly like this, not when Yoona had stormed off – obviously, Yuri made a mistake and she still didn’t know what it was. Her fists clenched tightly at the overflowing guilt in her chest and it was starting to prick Yuri’s heart as well as conscience, honestly. Yoona was not a rash person by nature but the way she had left the two of them was a clear sign of being impulsive, not taking a single thing into consideration.

Yoona couldn't even say hi or smile at the youngest, not when she was already feeling so uncomfortable all over. She could feel her head pounding and her vision getting blurry because of the tears in her eyes; no, she wasn’t crying but the pain she was feeling was terrible.

“I’m going to bed,” Yoona said before heading to the stairs, a small mumble leaving , “you two have fun.”

Have fun?

What in the world was Yoona even thinking right now? How could Yuri possibly have any fun when all she had been thinking about was Yoona even though she wasn’t within sight?

The look on Yuri’s face was enough to tell Krystal many things that were going through Yuri’s mind right now, and she looked down at her lap dejectedly… it was clear as day. She had come here with Yuri's invitation but with the way Yuri spaced out throughout the entire duration of her stay here, it looked as if she had forced Yuri to allow her to come. Yuri was being the nice person she was when she asked if Krystal would like to come and Krystal accepted it, not knowing how things would be. It was painful for her to watch Yuri drift off almost the whole time but Krystal was determined; there was still hope as long as the couple were not together officially.

After seeing today's events first-hand, Krystal felt as if she was watching a genuine version of We Got Married, and her heart shattered many times over once she came to their apartment here.

“I think you should go and look after her, Unnie.”

Yuri simply ran up the stairs after patting the younger’s head; she needed to see if Yoona was really okay. She knew how weak the latter’s immune system could be sometimes, especially when in places with erratic weather. Not to mention their schedules lately, consecutive episodes and a photoshoot coming up this week? There was no way Yoona could be fine after a storm like that and God knows how long Yoona was caught in the rain. Yuri would never be able to forgive herself if anything had happened to Yoona while she was out alone – everything had been going so smoothly so far until today.

Though when Yuri knocked and there was no answer; she took it upon herself to open the door gently. What she first saw in the room broke her heart beyond anyone’s imagination: Yoona shivering under the thick covers with her body curled into a ball.

“Yoong?”

No response.

Yuri quickly walked towards the side of the bed and bent down on her knee, checking on Yoona carefully. She placed the back of her hand on Yoona’s forehead and flinched, “you’re already falling sick. Oh no…” Yuri sat on the edge of the bed this time and patted Yoona’s cheek as tenderly as possible, trying to wake the younger up. She knew how much Yoona hated to stay in bed when she was sick because it only made her feel worse than she already did; Yuri needed to wake Yoona up and get her to change her clothes before preparing any food or medicine.

Yoona murmured incoherent words buried her face deeper into the covers, shivering at the coldness she felt all over. She didn't know if the air-conditioner was on or not because either way, Yoona felt as if she was in an igloo at the moment.

“Yoong, you have to take a shower…”

“N-No…” Yoona whimpered, “I’m so cold…”

Yuri sighed, shaking her head at the predicament she was in. She really wanted Yoona to rest as much as possible so she could feel better but Yuri also knew it was only going to get worse by morning. Well, she can't say that this was unexpected because Yoona was a lot more clingy and stubborn when she was unwell so Yuri half-expected this outcome. Yoona was pretty unpredictable when she was sick, but it made things fun for those taking care of her too. She always woke up extremely embarrassed but she probably didn't know how her members worried more for her health other than her pride.

Yoona just wanted to be warm right now, not get up and go through the trouble of showering. She reached her hands out blindly and muttered, “I… I can s-shower tomorrow. J-Just hold me n-now... please.”

The mere sight of Yoona begging to be held to keep her warm like this was practically stabbing Yuri’s heart over and over again; goodness, Yuri would do it in a heartbeat if that was what Yoona wanted. She ran her fingers through Yoona's auburn locks and climbed in beside Yoona, opening her arms for the younger. Yuri chuckled when Yoona sneakily opened one eye to see if Yuri was indeed beside her, and Yoona dived into Yuri's awaiting embrace immediately. Yoona’s actions were so adorable, so kid-like that Yuri felt herself wanting to see even more of these actions.

Perhaps albeit selfish of her but Yoona was so different from her normal self, and it was an eye-opener.

“Sleep, Yoong. I’ve got you right here, okay?”

Yoona nodded obediently and closed her eyes, her head nicely tucked into the crook of Yuri’s neck. Yoona herself knew that she was in good hands, and she was going to be well taken care of until she was better. She did regret walking off like that a little but to say that it was a mistake would be a pure reach; she was enjoying Yuri’s attention more than anything. She didn’t feel bad for leaving Krystal downstairs; she would if she wasn’t feeling this sick – let her be selfish for once.

Yuri quickly took out her phone and sent a text to Krystal, not wanting to leave their bed and Yoona alone. She was going to take care of her wife, whether they were married for a show or not.

 

“U-Unnie… I lost.”

Krystal was teary but there was a smile on her face as she spoke into the receiver. She was encouraged to chase the person who owned her heart but Jessica did warn her several times to not get her hopes up, and Krystal listened. She had suspected for quite some time that Yuri was actually falling for Yoona because some of their actions spelt obvious on the show, even if it was for camera. Krystal should have gone against her heart this time, maybe then she wouldn’t be this affected by how Yuri had completely forgotten about her and left her downstairs like that.

“Come home soon, Soojung.”

“Thank you, Unnie…”

“No problem, baby.”

Without further ado, Krystal hung up and headed to the kitchen. Well, if she couldn’t do anything for Yuri directly, then she could do something for the couple. She was going to whip up some food for the couple and leave it in the microwave so they could simply warm it up when it was time for their meals. She had probably caused enough trouble between them, seeing how Yoona came back wet from the rain and all. There was only one aim when she decided this, it was to see if Yuri would give her a chance or not, and it wasn't to wreak havoc between the two.

Her answer was there already.

 

*

*

 

The phone was vibrating incessantly against the wooden surface and Yuri was starting to stir in complete annoyance, her ears tingling at the loud vibration from the table beside their bed. She quickly opened her eyes and tried to adjust her sight to the dim sunlight threatening to shower the room with the high temperature and heat. If she didn’t pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter