Chapter 18

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Episode 17

 

Taeyeon stared down at her black pearl lying on her stomach on the floor as she prepared a proposal letter to Yoona; Yuri hasn't got up since breakfast this morning and she was being so damn secretive about it. Yuri only allowed one person to enter and that was of course, the kid leader who could give good advice almost all the time. Yuri didn't want the other members throwing hints at Yoona about the proposal tonight because the mission card was only given to her and she didn't know what Yoona was tasked to do.

“How are you going to propose to her though?”

“I’m either going to do a performance or go with the traditional ‘will you marry me’ line, I guess…” Yuri’s voice trailed off even with the boring options she just said. She wanted to do something else but she wasn’t sure if she could prepare it by tonight. “Actually, I had an idea before this but nothing seems to be working out.”

Furrowing her eyebrows, Taeyeon bent down and sat beside Yuri too, not liking the lost look Yuri had on her face. Yuri had been sure of her plans for the past few episodes and she even knew how long she wanted this marriage to last. Now all of a sudden seeing the uncertainty in Yuri’s eyes, Taeyeon was starting to get a bit fearful for Yoona right now. They had all seen the way Yoona looked at Yuri nowadays, and it was very different from the confused gaze in the past.

“Why don’t you tell me what you want to do first?”

“Well…”

 

 

*~^~* *~^~*

 

“Heol. They seriously cut the scene from then?!”

“I don’t believe this.”

“Even the PDs are hiding the best bit from us!”

The cast was in a fury now that the cameramen had gone into commercial break and stopped the proposal plans from being exposed. The only two who weren't complaining, Naeun and Taecyeon tried their best to hide their smiles beforehand. They had been in cahoots for the past two episodes and they made sure not to say a single word about any plans Yuri had because they were the guests on this episode and it was important that they played dumb too.

Luckily for Yuri, Tiffany and Naeun were pretty close so they managed to get the message over really quickly while Yuri and Taecyeon were close so there was no need to go through anyone else.

“Actually, I can’t wait to see what Yoona’s reaction will be though,” Taecyeon diverted the topic, hoping the rest of the cast would also follow the divergence instead of focusing on the cut scene in front of them. “Yoona’s quite a spontaneous person at times but she might expect Yuri to do propose so it might not happen the way we plan.”

Thankfully, the women nodded in agreement and started to discuss about Yoona’s reaction amongst themselves, much to Taecyeon’s and Naeun’s pleasure. They exchanged signals before sending texts to the other members of the group, making sure no one knew about it. Not that the members know much of Yuri's plan but it was better than having all of them panic over the slight disruption in plans as well.

 

*~^~* *~^~*

 

Yoona was forced to watch as the other members started a fight over the TV in the living room. She wanted to go into the bedroom to sneak a peek at what Yuri was planning with their kid leader but none of the members were letting her move from her spot either. She already knew there was something going on but she didn't know if it was going to happen during the photoshoot or after... knowing how unprepared Yuri was, it just might happen right in the middle of the wedding photoshoot. 

“Yoong, have you received your mission card for today?”

“I haven’t opened it. It’s next to you, Joohyun.”

Seohyun turned around and reached for it, sitting in the middle as the members surrounded her eagerly. She was ready to find out what the mission for Yoona would be, especially since they had their own tasks to do as well. Her eyes twinkled in rare mischief when she finished reading the card on her own. She was never one to be naughty and trick her members but this one, she wanted a part in it. 

 

Mission Card #7

Your task for now is to make sure that Yuri doesn’t find out about your plan to give her a speech on how your marriage life has been so far. You may or may not ask your members for help; it's entirely your voice. 

 

Yoona already had this planned out and she'd have done something similar even if the mission card didn't state something like this. She had even written her entire speech before the week begun but she wasn't going to tell her members that. In fact, she wanted to do something else that no one would expect to break away from her girl-next door image or else she would always be known as not having enough courage to have more skinship onscreen. 

Yuri deserved more than the best, and she was going to give it to her as much as possible.

“Yoong, you already know what the concept for the wedding photos are so maybe we can hold a hidden camera for Yuri there. She’s a er for those events anyway.”

“What kind of hidden camera?” Tiffany asked as she pursed her lips into a pout; she knew how to help out but if she faced Yuri head-on then there was no way it would work out. Yuri had worked with her often enough to know when Tiffany was lying; it didn’t help that she couldn’t lie to save her life. “Shall we plan one that we can play during your wedding ceremony?”

 Oh, yes... 

They got it all under control. 

 

*

*

 

Seeing Yoona in a wedding gown was effortlessly taking Yuri's breath away and she couldn't hide the happiness on her face as she stared at Yoona sitting on the make-do balcony in front of them. One of Yoona's finalized concepts was of one which had a slight tinge of Romeo and Juliet in it where he would climb up to her balcony to see her at night. Yuri found it a bit cringe-worthy but she would do anything for Yoona. 

Cringe-worthy no more, in fact.

Yoona looked like an angel in her white dress along with a floral crown neatly perched on her head. She had a simple ring around her ring finger while a long necklace hung from her milky neck. 

“Yul?” Yoona mumbled shyly as she spotted the awestruck look on Yuri’s face; she pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear. “Are you okay?”

“I… I’m fine.”

Even as she said that, Yuri couldn’t hide the deep blush on either of her cheeks. She knew Yoona was beautiful; everyone knew that but this was a surprise. Yoona in a wedding dress was something that should have been saved for only her to see but Yuri wouldn't be able to get over how pretty her future wife was. Furthermore, Yoona seemed equally happy with how Yuri looked in a matching dress with a dark midnight shade of black with the same designs as her own.

Yuri approached Yoona hesitantly, not knowing if she should give Yoona a hug or not but Yoona looked perfect like this – innocent and untouched by human hands.

“Come here.”

Before Yuri knew it, Yoona had already enveloped her in a tight hug; they weren’t allowed to see each other for the past two days since it was supposedly bad luck. What they didn’t know was that both of them had the same mission for the photoshoot, which was to design an outfit for each other which would go well with a high school concept. That concept was going to be the last because that was also when Yoona was going to start carrying out their hidden camera for Yuri. 

“Let’s start by having Yuri stare at Yoona from the ladder on the tree while Yoona reads a book by the corner.”

Yoona moved to her space immediately and she sent Yuri a cute wink before assuming her position, going into professional mode right away. She could feel her heart pound as Yuri climbed up the ladder; Yuri’s gaze could smother her if the tanned woman ever tried. Yoona took a deep breath and tried not to look at Yuri, knowing that it was practically an unspoken bet between them - whoever looked would be teased for the week.

As cameras flashed and went off in the direction of the slightly drifted couple, they couldn’t help themselves from wanting to be even closer to each other. Yuri was as dashing as a knight in shining armour and Yoona was like the damsel in distress, practically an angel in distress but nevermind that. Yuri’s right arm was wrapped around the tree as the other arm was reaching out for Yoona while Yoona busied herself with a book; it was a clear depiction of how Yuri felt whenever she tried to talk to Yoona in the past. 

“Nice!”

Yoona’s position had been changed and she now had one hand on Yuri’s cheek as Yuri held herself on the balcony ledge; it was a bit difficult and dangerous for Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter