Chapter 17

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 16

 

Yoona was the first one up in the morning, and she had found Tiffany already at the balcony. She walked around the house and into the kitchen, surprising herself when she saw Seohyun already at the fridge, probably finding ingredients to grind her juice. Yoona didn't even hesitate, bringing the two members with her to the nearby supermarket so they could make breakfast for the other members together - she obviously wanted a chance to cook for Yuri without getting teased but nevermind that.

“Fany-unnie! What should I make today?”

“Hmm… Pasta?”

Tiffany and Seohyun both had to keep their laugher in when they saw Yoona’s eyes light up in realisation; Yuri did enjoy the cream-sauced pasta quite a bit, especially when it was homecooked. Yoona hurriedly grabbed a trolley, moving around the supermarket to find the ingredients without waiting for the other two members. Seohyun, in particular, had a hard time hiding her smile.

Yoona was definitely wife-material.  

“Yah, wait up!”

 

Yuri never thought that she’d find herself lonely during her sleep but she did for the first time this morning; Yoona didn’t sleep with her last night because of their (irritating, ing) members that made sure the couple slept separately since their wedding would be held next week. She tossed and turned all night, deciding if sneaking out from her room to find Yoona but Yoona had called her, and they spoke on the phone till they fell asleep together. 

“Yoona went out to buy ingredients for breakfast so we’ll all hide in the room so you can surprise her in the kitchen,” Sunny said as she poked Yuri’s waist irritatingly to get her attention, “when you’re done having a twosome in the kitchen, just holler and we’ll come out for breakfast.”

When Yuri was about to take the remote from the table, she saw Taeyeon leaning over the table to continue in her colouring book and her eyes just brightened. She could remember the time where she was supposed to write a letter for Yoona and she just changed the mission to writing a bucket list. Back then, they didn't know each other's behaviour in a relationship so it wasn't written but Yuri wanted to write one now.

Since they were going to get married soon, Yuri should write a letter for the proposal too. 

“Taeyeon-ah, can you tear one page from your colouring book for me?”  

The horrified look on Taeyeon’s face when she turned around to look at Yuri was enough to give the younger one on her answer. She stared at Yuri as if there was a screw loose in her mind somewhere before relenting. “Why do you need me to tear it out? Didn’t I buy you a colouring book just last month?” Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow suspiciously; there was no way Yuri would have finished it already.

Yuri just grinned sheepishly at the kid leader and sighed, “I… I lost it way before we came here.”

Taking deep breaths to calm herself, Taeyeon fanned herself with the book she was colouring; that darn book she bought for Yuri was a lot more expensive than her own. She should have known how careless the black pearl was, considering she could lose her phone anywhere and panic when it was right in her pocket. No matter; Taeyeon could withstand this for one day and she would never turn to that page of the book. 

“Which page do you want?”

“I want the one with bridal gowns…”

The members immediately had similar mischief visible on their faces; it couldn’t be helped when they had all the mischievious and partners-in-crime present at the same time. Yuri's face turned red at the sight of her members smiling widely at her; they had caught on way faster than she'd planned - and Yoona was even sharper than the these members.

Taeyeon, however, had a more motherly smile compared to the pranksters’; she had been wanting to see this moment for a long time – the moment where Yuri could finally have the happiness she deserved and Yoona would stop being so blind. Being the leader had tough conditions, and Taeyeon wasn’t complaining about that but she was also the one who had the largest overview of it all; the pain, the happiness, everything.

 

Interview #16: 

Q: Compared to the other members, you didn't say very much when Yuri revealed her purposes to all of you unintentionally. Why is that so?

Taeyeon chuckled, unable to answer right away. She had contemplated a lot more on why Yuri and Yoona were taking so long to progress but now that she was witnessing for herself, it was different. She could also understand how difficult it must be for Yuri to approach Yoona as bravely as she did in the past since she got her heart broken. Now that Yoona was also learning to take the initiative, all was good.

Even as a best friend, Yoona hurt her deeper than Yuri ever expected her to.

A: Well... I was just proud. Being a part of the same group, we've all seen a lot more incidents behind the cameras and we also overcome it together. It was surprising, and I felt prideful to see my two members finally pursuing their happiness, whether it's a real marriage or not.

 

“We’re back!”

“MAKE BREAKFAST!”

Yoona rolled her eyes playfully when she saw Yuri pouting at her as she sat on the floor, clearly enjoying her colouring session with Taeyeon. She took off her shoes and carried the plastic bags of groceries into the kitchen, not realising the fluster in the living room. The members were really making themselves scarce so they could watch the couple from another camera, trying to make Yuri stay in the living room.

“Go for it!”

“What if she throws the knife at me?”

“Oh, get over yourself!”

Yuri pouted and gulped nervously, her eyes darting from the table to the kitchen; she should be finishing the colouring by now but Yoona was all she could think of. She originally wanted to colour the bridal gowns differently and then ask Taeyeon for help with the detailed designs but now, it was not going to work out well enough if Yoona was right there.

Sighing at the obvious options she had, Yuri put down the colouring pencil and walked towards the kitchen; her heart racing when she saw Yoona in an apron, her hands moving skilfully along the stove. Yoona had a passion for cooking and she always made breakfast whenever she could but Yuri wasn’t on good terms with her back then, so Yuri rarely ate any of the food Yoona made – once was never enough.

Yoona was in the midst of slicing some mushrooms when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist snugly; tints of pink coloring her cheeks at once. “YUWEEEEE!!!” Yoona squealed when Yuri carried Yoona in her arms, moving backwards to lean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter