Chapter 13

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 12

 

Yuri tossed and turned in bed as she nuzzled her face deeper into the covers; she had been studying the script sent by her members for her new drama last night and there wasn't enough time to catch up on her sleep, hence the lifeless posture this morning. She sighed comfortably and buried herself under the thick covers of their bed, successfully blocking out the sounds of the door opening. 

Yoona smiled and took off her shoes, looking at the camera director, “is she still sleeping?”

PD: she just went back to sleep.

A giggle left Yoona's lips as she shook her head, she had suspected this outcome when she saw Yuri studying her script late into the night for the past two days or so. Even though she might not be able to have fun with Yuri in the morning, it gave her sufficient time to prepare breakfast in bed for the latter. 

Walking to the bedroom, Yoona couldn't stop herself from smiling when she read the messages in their chatroom; talking about how they needed to spice up their life or else their marriage would get boring. 

“Yul?”

No response.

“Yuri-ah… time to get up so we can start the day early!”

A groan was heard in response and Yoona rolled her eyes, sitting on the bed beside the lump underneath the covers. She laid her hand on Yuri's bum and patted it softly, “Yul? Come on, I need you to get up and tell me what you want for breakfast.” Yoona was about to say something when Yuri just laid her head on her lap, taking her by surprise. 

Yuri revealed the most charming grin ever, enjoying the feel of Yoona's soft skin below her face. She hugged the blanket closer to her and nuzzled her nose into Yoona's stomach, oblivious to the clear blush on the younger's face - she wouldn't have missed it if she knew. The close proximity between their bodies felt so good; after all, they had not shared such intimacy ever since they started the bogus marriage. 

“Hi, Yoong…” Yuri yawned, “what time is it?”

Yoona ran her fingers through Yuri’s brown locks and massaged her scalp, smiling at the cute puppy on her lap, “it’s time for you to get up and help me with breakfast.” Judging by the pout and the soft whines coming from Yuri, Yoona knew there was no chance of Yuri getting up to help her; a sigh left her lips before she bent down and pressed her lips on Yuri’s hair – might as well get breakfast done.

Facing the camera once more, Yoona started talking to her audience, “don’t you think she resembles a cute puppy? I mean she didn’t want to listen when I told her to sleep last night but I didn’t expect her to look so cute in the morning. Now, I can’t even wake her up without feeling like a bashful teenager.”

That being said, Yoona got to work and took out all the ingredients she needed; from the tomatoes to the carrots to the maple syrup and to the slices of toast. She was going to prepare a huge buffet for breakfast before the two of them went on a casual date - perhaps they could complete another bucket list wish today. 

“You’ll be surprised at how good Yoona is at cooking,” Yuri spoke to no one in particular, running her fingers through her gorgeous raven tresses, “I especially love it when she cooks her fried rice, plus a sunny side up on the top!” 

Even the cameramen and PD couldn't help but smile at the unconscious excitement Yuri was displaying in front of them and even though they were directing a bogus program; it was not considered something impossible if they were to progress into a genuine relationship - Yuri was already smitten enough (and they were referring to the times they witnessed it off-camera). 

While Yuri was busy washing up and getting herself ready for the day, Yoona was already done with the fried rice, ham and cheese sandwich and now she was left with pancakes as well as Yuri's regular fruit juice in the morning. Yoona rarely bothered about Yuri's health habits, especially her Ma in the morning but it was the complete opposite now - even grinding juice to perfection for Yuri.

As silently as possible, Yuri made her way towards Yoona and gently wrapped her arms around the younger’s waist, “it looks so good.” Yoona blushed cutely and bit on her lower lip to minimize her smile so she wouldn’t look so lovesick, “I know you like fried rice so I made some and a couple of sandwiches since lunch probably wouldn’t be so early.” Yoona pointed to the tall glass, “And… your juice.”

“Oh my…” Yuri let go of Yoona’s waist and sat at the table, staring at Yoona with a playful smile, “you just changed my definition of a perfect wife, Yoong.” 

Yoona pouted slightly; Yuri just had to be so darn good at making her feel as bashful as a child and in front of the cameras at that. Yuri rested her cheek on her hand as she kept her eyes on the bustling woman and enjoyed the sight in front of her; Yoona in the kitchen was always a delightful scene. 

“Which wish do you want to complete today, Yoong?” Yuri asked before taking a big bite of the scrumptious sandwich sitting in front of her, “we can set off immediately after breakfast if you want.”

Granted that Yoona loved food, she also loved watching Yuri enjoy the food she cooked – a sign that her effort was well paid off, and Yuri was not someone fussy but she definitely didn’t eat anything or everything that was available. Yoona knew the likes and dislikes of Yuri, although she claimed to have forgotten when they talked about how close they were. 

“I actually want to try sky-diving today…”

“WHAT?!” Yoona screamed, cupping her cheeks as the thought of falling from the sky was starting to scare the crap out of her, “we just went bungee jumping yesterday and now you want to fall from the sky again?”

A chuckle left Yuri’s lips and she put down her utensils, now staring at Yoona as she enjoyed the last bit of her pancake - Yoona was adorable when she tried to express her fear in a more subtle way. It was already beyond obvious that she was afraid but she was trying to save her last piece of dignity. Maybe Yoona wouldn't be so embarrassed if Yuri brought up something else. 

“No big deal, Yoona. Remember how I cried after the Gyro Drop back when we were in our predebut days?”  

At the very mention of that memorable scene of Yuri bawling her eyes out of that ride, Yoona started to giggle uncontrollably and her fear of skydiving was forgotten just like that – Yuri was always so good at that; making Yoona forget about negative things in a flash. The corners of Yuri’s lips started to curl upwards the more she stared at Yoona; she was so so beautiful.

“See?”

“See what?”

“You’re not afraid anymore.”

It m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter